9.0

1. Feb 9, 2014
    Nearly a perfect film. It's entertaining and not predictable, the writing is intelligent and the acting is superb. It is presented in typical Tarantino fashion (it's out of order) and this makes it a film that you will appreciate much more the second time through.
  2. Feb 2, 2014
    Average movie, nothing stand out in particular, Samuel Jackson is crap, so does Travolta and this is the most offensive and racist movie ever, Quetin Tarantino is racist as hell, how could Hollywood would allow a White guy to use the word N***** in this movie?
  3. Dec 23, 2013
    "Pulp Fiction" is a film that is remarkably unique and memorable. It is one of the films that is skillfully crafted in all possible departments. The film features an amazing ensemble cast including John Travolta (who re-invented his career), Samuel L. Jackson, Uma Thurman, Bruce Willis (who established his celebrity status), Harvey Keitel, Tim Roth, Amanda Plummer, Eric Stoltz, Rosanna Arquette, Christopher Walken and, of course, Quentin Tarantino. The screenplay is one of the best in film history. Tarantino's direction is exquisite, as well as the cinematography. For the editing, I love how the film is in nonlinear order. Plus, if it was made in chronological order, I doubt that the film would be successful. A tremendous accomplishment for all involved in this motion picture. Expand
  4. Dec 1, 2013
    "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!"

Needless to say that this is the most remembered and highly praised quote that has been taken from this movie, it was truly disheartening to find out that this was not originally written in the Holy Bible, but was a combination of different verses. However, in spite of that, this is the film's only flaw. Consisting of an all-star cast including Samuel L. Jackson, John Travolta, Uma Thurman, Bruce Willis, Ving Rhymes, and none other than the zany Quentin Tarantino himself, "Pulp Fiction" is an a class all on its own, in the most positive manner. While the story is told in a non-linear fashion, Tarantino did it right, as it brings all the points and plot twists that are intertwined in the movie together in very distinct and separate parts, all the while shocking the viewer and making them wonder, "What the hell did I just see?" Top notch acting, life-long memorable quotes, and superb directing, "Pulp Fiction" is unquestionably not only Tarantino's prized possession, but a crowned jewel of cinema. 10/10
  5. Nov 25, 2013
    An instant classic. Ripe with witticisms and sharp retorts. This is the only instance I actually liked haphazard storytelling, because it actually succeeded in evoking certain feelings, where some of the characters were alive in some story lines and dead in the other, and this made you think what it would have been like if these characters had gotten out in time.

There were long
    portions of dialogue dedicated solely to humour, and others to theological and philosophical discussions. There are three stories running in parallel, which often come into contact with the others without affecting them, and are told in a non-linear way.

Among Tarantino's films, I believe it's second only to Django Unchained, which was much more coherent and awe-inspiring, albeit with seemingly unnecessary bloody violence and an inflated running time.
  6. Nov 23, 2013
    Quentin Tarantino is absolutely a genius and this movie proves how is this geniality,an outstanding movie with an non-linear story is great,some movies would serve this movie as an example.
  7. Nov 12, 2013
    Pulp Fiction reaches near perfection.
    A crime drama woven from multiple interlocking stories creating an unpredictable slew of comical, action packed and entertaining dialogue and plot twists. A masterpiece of a film.
  8. Nov 11, 2013
    Esta pelicula me gusto mucho, me parecio muy buena."Pulp Fiction" la denominaria como un clasico, por sus dialogos eclecticos y su humor violento, lo que tambien la hizo mas entretenida la pelicula.Me gustaron mucho las actuaciones de John Travolta y Samuel L. Jackson.
  9. Nov 6, 2013
    What can I say, this film is a masterpiece of the glorious Tarantino collection.
    Guns, Violence/Murder/Blood, Dead N* storage, Good coffee and Samuel Jackson.
  10. Nov 1, 2013
    Fantastic film that showed us the real spirit of filmmaking. It contained superb writing and terrific performances. One of my all time favorite movies. A must see for anyone interested in pursuing film as a career. Strongly Recommend
  11. Oct 8, 2013
    My favorite movie of all time! This movie is fun and engaging to the core. The dialogue in this movie is the best example of Tarantino's writing ability. Every character feels genuine and has interesting things to say in interesting ways. Plus the dark comedy that is entwined into the whole movie is simply wonderful.
  12. Sep 26, 2013
    Pulp Fiction is one of my favourite movies. Tarantino made a masterpiece which has the ability to take what seems like minor conversational themes and dovetail them onto geniously entertaining speeches. Samuel L Jackson and John Travolta are terrific as talkative hit men, which makes this film continuously hilarious from beginning to end. 'Pulp Fiction is constructed in such a nonlinear way that you could see it a dozen times and not be able to remember what comes next'. Expand
  13. Sep 25, 2013
    I'd seen the first Kill Bill, Inglorious Basterds, Django Unchained and Reservoir Dogs before this. I'd thought some of those were pretty damn good so coming into this I thought "alright Tarantino... show me your best". and surprisingly it delivered. There's so much you can talk about with this film but a lot of it you've probably already heard. It's probably best not to overhype it because overhyping films can turn masterpieces into mediocre films. My advice is it's a must watch. Expand
  14. Sep 20, 2013
    Pulp Fiction is by far the greatest movie i have seen. The screenplay is what made this flick. QT revolutionized moviemaking. Just sit back and think of all the movies that have tried to copy his flawless formula. The acting is first rate. The cinematgraphy superb. Costumes and set direction were underrated. Editing could of used some more patience but you only see the minor mistakes when you watch this film as many times as i have. To all the reviewers that down this masterpiece i say this...Let me see your top 10 all time favorite list. You can tell alot about taste that way! Expand
  15. Sep 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Pulp Fiction is one of those movies I liked more in retrospect than at the time. I think Tarantino's genius does play a part in this film, and the product is substantial; but Reservoir Dogs is better.

All the characters use witty, random dialogue about European hamburgers and the sexual implications of foot massages, but to what avail? I mean, as fun as it is to hear and watch, I just found that the whole movie lacked something. Maybe a little bit more editing would've done the trick; maybe it was something else. I can't quite put my finger on it.

Don't get me wrong. I think this is a classic Tarantino movie. I enjoyed Samuel L. Jackson's quotable lines, as well as a couple of outstanding scenes. (The OD, the Big Date, the scene where Harvey Keitel gets rid of the body, etc.) As a whole, the movie does work. But some minor details would make it even better.

The storyline of Bruce Willis and Ving Rhames was a little much. (Did Ving *really* have to get raped?) I know Tarantino just wanted to add some shock value to his film, but even for a person who doesn't mind that kind of thing in movies I found it a little extreme.

Oh, and one more thing: I learned that "zapateria" means "shoe store" in Spanish, courtesy of Butch.
  16. Sep 13, 2013
    A classic feel-good film. The writing is top notch, providing some of the most hilarious and brilliant lines ever put into a film. The overall charm of the film is astounding. John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson create two of the most beloved characters in cinema. The Bruce Willis story arc seems a bit unnecessary however it's hilarious for what it is. In the end Pulp Fiction has easily won the love of countless movie-goers of the many many years. Expand
  17. Aug 23, 2013
    Say What, SAY WHAT, I DARE U, I DOUBLE DARE U SAY What, Awesome movie the last 2 arcs are awesome and truly make up for the slow shallow first arc, 10/10 mother
  18. Aug 22, 2013
    It's complex story-line yet flamboyant and understandable comical tone ads to it's accomplished acting. It creates this parody of gangster life and how any other story can interrelate. That's the true beauty of "Pulp Fiction". My favorite movie
  19. Aug 12, 2013
    Pulp Fiction tells the tale of a pair of hit-men trying to retrieve a briefcase, an ageing boxer taking a bung and going on the run and a couple of small-time crooks out of their depth. Shown in no particular order chronology is completely out the window. To this day Pulp Fiction probably remains Tarantino's best movie. The cast, some of whose careers where seemingly going nowhere at the time, are uniformly excellent making the most of the fantastically cool script. The complex interweaving plot demands attention and while it will certainly not be for everybody it is certainly a film that everyone should see at least once. Expand
  20. Jul 20, 2013
    One of the most influential films of the 1990s, Pulp Fiction is a delirious post-modern mix of neo-noir thrills, pitch-black humor, and pop-culture touchstones.
  21. Jul 15, 2013
    A funny, quirky, memorable movie. However this film is definitely enjoyed more in the company of friends, and is absolutely (and obviously) not for children.
  22. Jul 7, 2013
    Pulp Fiction was a big surprise to me. It is a small anthology with some crime stories which take place in America. It is directed in an amazing way and I love the photography of that film. Quentin Tarrantino did a great job in that film and the actors like John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson amazed me with their performance. The movie is interesting and after watching that film you will be amazed. It has suspense and a great atmosphere. Thumbs up! *After Pulp Fiction I want to watch more of the director's film* Expand
  23. Jul 6, 2013
    Didn't really know what to expect from this film and have left wondering what a lot of it was about, but at the end of the day I can see the appeal and am not too surprised a lot of people love it thanks to Tarantino's quirky style. It's a mix of a few short stories blended together to make a movie and its somewhat interesting, but I think the films best thing it has going for it is the chemistry between the cast, especially the leads. Overall not really my thing, but it's still good. Expand
  24. Jul 6, 2013
    As soon as you hear the name, you know it's a classic gangster/black comedy, an all round cast and team superb; it'll keep you enhanced and keep you thinking from start to end.
  25. Jun 19, 2013
    1994's Pulp Fiction Is My Seventh Favorite Film Of All Time, It's My Second Favorite Crime Film And My Favorite Quentin Tarantino Film, Me And My Brother Jesse Krajci We Where Born In 1994 The Year When This Movie Came Out.
  26. Jun 2, 2013
    This movie is really really good, but just...strange. After you finish watching it, it leaves you with a strange feeling. Yet, it was extremely entertaining. It may be 2 and a half hours, but that seemed to fly by while watching it. Masterpiece.
  27. May 29, 2013
    Obra Maestra del director Quentin Tarantino con la cual gano el Oscar a Mejor Guion Original y La Palma de Oro en el Festival de Cannes 1994.Los dos muy merecidos.Lamentablemente no gano el Oscar,perdiendo ante ''Forrest Gump''.Toda una injusticia.
  28. May 27, 2013
    Posted on 5/19/13 09:51 AM
    Amazing amazing amazing film that has pitch black humor and that leaves you laughing
    Qt showcasing his remarkable talent for writing dialogue
  29. May 24, 2013
    this movie is beyond being overrated i mean there is an overrated movies and there is pulp fiction let's break it down shall we ? some people are impressed that it's 3 stories together REALLY is that impressive how about the movie babel why it's not a critically acclaimed movie like this ? the script is so corny that you can hear it from people while street walking the directing OK what's great about it did you see the end of the movie and how the scenes connected together oh yes this called lack of imagination
    the performances is so annoying that it makes you question those actors resumes especially Samuel L. Jackson
    the homosexual rape is the weirdest thing i ever seen in a Hollywood movie and that's not even the worst part it doesn't add a thing to the story.
    the characters are ridiculous and i can go on and on but there is no point
    i guess some people get tricked into thinking that the movie is good
    because it's a Quentin Tarantino movie without actually watching the movie.
  30. May 16, 2013
    A very interesting movie. Its combination of extreme violence and creates something unique and fantastic. The cast is filled with some of the best actors out there and the writing is just fantastic. It's unlike anything you've ever seen before.

The experience overall is like laughing down a gun barrel, a little bit tiring, a lot sick and maybe far too perverse for less jaded moviegoers.
  2. But the way that this picture has been so widely ravened up and drooled over verges on the disgusting. Pulp Fiction nourishes, abets, cultural slumming. [14 Nov 1994]
  3. Pulp Fiction isn't just funny. It's outrageously funny. [14 Oct 1994]