9.0

1. Sep 27, 2011
    Quentin Tarantino's "Pulp Fiction" is not your average gangster movie where people shoot each other and do drugs. This film is about the highest level of perfection you can achieve in the category of gangster films. Led by smart, controversial directions, "Pulp Fiction" spills in racism, mistakes, faults, God, and redemption into the game of crime. It's simply astonishing to do such thing,Quentin Tarantino's "Pulp Fiction" is not your average gangster movie where people shoot each other and do drugs. This film is about the highest level of perfection you can achieve in the category of gangster films. Led by smart, controversial directions, "Pulp Fiction" spills in racism, mistakes, faults, God, and redemption into the game of crime. It's simply astonishing to do such thing, which makes the film a long living masterpiece in film history. Expand
  2. May 2, 2011
    One of the zaniest, funniest, smartest and most entertaining movies I have ever seen. One of my all time favorites as well. John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson give terrific performances.
  3. Dec 3, 2011
    Even years after the release the movie feels fresher than many of the movies made today. Quentin Tarantino takes a story, twists it and turns, plays with our expectations and leaves us with a masterpiece.
  4. Jun 7, 2012
    Pulp Fiction may be Tarantino's best film ever. From the opening scene to the very end, there is not a single dull moment. There is always someone getting shot at , someone doing drugs or someone getting cussed at the best possible way.The starring actors do an excellent job, Which is't a surprise. The script is typical in Tarantino's style.Something to note is that the acts aren't inPulp Fiction may be Tarantino's best film ever. From the opening scene to the very end, there is not a single dull moment. There is always someone getting shot at , someone doing drugs or someone getting cussed at the best possible way.The starring actors do an excellent job, Which is't a surprise. The script is typical in Tarantino's style.Something to note is that the acts aren't in chronological order, but will still make sense Expand
  5. Dec 20, 2011
    I seriously don't know what to say about this film. It was mind blowing. It was very well written. I loved the dialogue especially the beginning scene in the dinner with Tim Roth. The best part of the film has to be the directing. With Quentin Tarantino there's no way that it's sucks. The stories of different people connecting simultaneously has been bone before but not as good as thisI seriously don't know what to say about this film. It was mind blowing. It was very well written. I loved the dialogue especially the beginning scene in the dinner with Tim Roth. The best part of the film has to be the directing. With Quentin Tarantino there's no way that it's sucks. The stories of different people connecting simultaneously has been bone before but not as good as this masterpiece. John Travolta dying at the middle of the film and walking out of the dinner at the end was very well planed out. This film doesn't even fallow the same time period. Don't forget about the violence. It was very violent and bloody. This film deserved to win best picture at Oscars over Forrest Gump. I don't have much else to say so what are you still doing here. If you haven't seen the movie go see it and if you have seen it go see it again. Expand
  6. May 6, 2012
    The greatest film ever made. Dialogue in the film is perfect, brilliantly written by Tarantino.

A superb performance from John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson.
  7. Jun 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Pulp Fiction, probably one of the most memorable movies I have seen. From beginning to end this movie has you glued to you're seat wondering what crazy adventure the characters are going to have next. Not recommended for the whole family but it is a good movie overall to watch. Expand
  8. Apr 18, 2013
    Having proven to be a consumate director with "Reservoir Dogs", Tarantino delivers his magnum opus with "Pulp Fiction". At once brutal, disturbing, and comedic, this classic is actually three separate films melded into one, and the product is one hell of a scintillating experience.
  9. Nov 25, 2013
    An instant classic. Ripe with witticisms and sharp retorts. This is the only instance I actually liked haphazard storytelling, because it actually succeeded in evoking certain feelings, where some of the characters were alive in some story lines and dead in the other, and this made you think what it would have been like if these characters had gotten out in time.

There were long

There were long portions of dialogue dedicated solely to humour, and others to theological and philosophical discussions. There are three stories running in parallel, which often come into contact with the others without affecting them, and are told in a non-linear way.

Among Tarantino's films, I believe it's second only to Django Unchained, which was much more coherent and awe-inspiring, albeit with seemingly unnecessary bloody violence and an inflated running time.
  10. Mar 9, 2013
    An oustanding and strongly built film, Tarantino sets loose one of the best plots of all time not to mention suceeding in showing strong performances by your every day actors Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta who usually lag behind in other films. Pulp Fiction is possibly the strongest and most powerful Tarantino movie besides Inglourious Basterds{read my review for Inglourious BasterdsAn oustanding and strongly built film, Tarantino sets loose one of the best plots of all time not to mention suceeding in showing strong performances by your every day actors Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta who usually lag behind in other films. Pulp Fiction is possibly the strongest and most powerful Tarantino movie besides Inglourious Basterds{read my review for Inglourious Basterds to find out what I said}. Collapse
  11. Sep 25, 2013
    I'd seen the first Kill Bill, Inglorious Basterds, Django Unchained and Reservoir Dogs before this. I'd thought some of those were pretty damn good so coming into this I thought "alright Tarantino... show me your best". and surprisingly it delivered. There's so much you can talk about with this film but a lot of it you've probably already heard. It's probably best not to overhype itI'd seen the first Kill Bill, Inglorious Basterds, Django Unchained and Reservoir Dogs before this. I'd thought some of those were pretty damn good so coming into this I thought "alright Tarantino... show me your best". and surprisingly it delivered. There's so much you can talk about with this film but a lot of it you've probably already heard. It's probably best not to overhype it because overhyping films can turn masterpieces into mediocre films. My advice is it's a must watch. Expand
  12. Oct 8, 2013
    My favorite movie of all time! This movie is fun and engaging to the core. The dialogue in this movie is the best example of Tarantino's writing ability. Every character feels genuine and has interesting things to say in interesting ways. Plus the dark comedy that is entwined into the whole movie is simply wonderful.
  13. Nov 23, 2013
    Quentin Tarantino is absolutely a genius and this movie proves how is this geniality,an outstanding movie with an non-linear story is great,some movies would serve this movie as an example.
  14. Dec 28, 2010
    This is probably one of the greatest movies ever to hit the silver screen (in my opinion that is). Tarantino, you're one hella director, keep it up. If you haven't seen this movie or you're debating on seeing it, well...SEE IT!!!!!!
  15. Mar 19, 2011
    Yo The Godfather: I'm really happy for you... Imma let you finish, but Pulp Fiction is the best movie of ALL TIME... of ALL TIME!!! but really I have yet to see better movie
  16. Dec 17, 2010
    Not a huge fan of all of Tarantino's films but this one is great. Great music.. great cast... great dialog!!!!!!

Must see - *highlights* Samuel J, Travolta, Steve B... great performances
  17. Jan 23, 2012
    An unbelievably acted directed and written film. The film is engaging and very funny. The film is very engaging and is never dull. All the scenes in the film are superbly crafted and there is not one thing wrong I can say about this film. A true masterpiece and one of the best films of all time. To bad the rest of tarantinos films I have not enjoyed although I have not seen Kill Bill 2An unbelievably acted directed and written film. The film is engaging and very funny. The film is very engaging and is never dull. All the scenes in the film are superbly crafted and there is not one thing wrong I can say about this film. A true masterpiece and one of the best films of all time. To bad the rest of tarantinos films I have not enjoyed although I have not seen Kill Bill 2 and resevoir dogs. Expand
  18. Jul 20, 2013
    One of the most influential films of the 1990s, Pulp Fiction is a delirious post-modern mix of neo-noir thrills, pitch-black humor, and pop-culture touchstones.
  19. Nov 2, 2011
    apparently,this movie has been overatted by the critics.this movie's really an incorrigible and incoherant rubbish. i call this movie a "ROTTEN FICTION".
  20. Dec 16, 2011
    Overrated to the point of ridicule. Pulp Fiction, what is supposed to be one of the greatest films ever, was a cluster of bizarre scenes that were patched up like a rag doll.
  21. Jul 25, 2014
    I have a lot to say about this movie. The plot is annoyingly simple, the performances are simply awful and Tarantuno's direction is the worst thing i've ever seen in cinema. I mean, it's only different sketches together in one disgusting movie. Im out.
  22. Nov 2, 2010
    It's hard for me to rate a movie over 8 because I think only near perfect works of art deserve a 9 or a 10 when it comes to movies. This one is a perfect example of this. This movie sets the bar for other action films to measure against. The different interconnecting stories the cast, just about everything here is amazing.
  23. Nov 4, 2010
    Quentin Tarantino creates something new and original - combing the stories of a boxer, two hit men and a gangsters wife into a 154 minutes of masterful filmmaking.
  24. May 16, 2013
    A very interesting movie. Its combination of extreme violence and creates something unique and fantastic. The cast is filled with some of the best actors out there and the writing is just fantastic. It's unlike anything you've ever seen before.
  25. Jan 11, 2011
    Thiz movie known as the most talked about movie. The movie that acquired a lot of good reviews from most critics. You must see it yourself then you understand why. Starred by many well-known Actors, such as: John Travolta, Samuel L. Jackson, Uma Thurman, Bruce Willis and many. Directed by Quentin Tarantino, the eccentric Director. The plot is unusual, but very interesting in a strange way.Thiz movie known as the most talked about movie. The movie that acquired a lot of good reviews from most critics. You must see it yourself then you understand why. Starred by many well-known Actors, such as: John Travolta, Samuel L. Jackson, Uma Thurman, Bruce Willis and many. Directed by Quentin Tarantino, the eccentric Director. The plot is unusual, but very interesting in a strange way. The Script made by Tarantino himself. Very confusing plot around the movie. Move forward and backward along the movie. These elements that made people appreciate it. You must see over and over to understand the idea. However, actually the plot is an ordinary plot just like other ordinary movie but the editing made it great for overall. The other factor that make thiz movie unforgettable is the dialogues. The dialogues are mostly long but colorful, rude but exciting. Thiz movie costs by limited budget, but still a lot of well-known stars involved. Thiz proofs that The Actors know there is something different on the script to offer. The other memorable scene you will never forget is when Travolta and Truman dancing. The dancing is cult. People remember Travolta for musical movies, such as SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER (1977) and GREASE (1978). When we see him appear at movie again for such a long time and we see him dancing by his present figure, something magical happens. That is the fun part. If you like independent movie, Totally you must see this movie

Visit My Blog on JONNY'S MOVEE : http://jonnyfendi.blogspot.com
  26. Mar 2, 2011
    Silly hair, terrible casts. Watch it on 90's maybe will be better? I like Quentin Tarantino, but this flick seems pointless and strange. Universal acclaim didnt attract me give better score.
  27. Aug 12, 2011
    I watch movies to kind of, "escape" from real life, where there is not much interesting going on. I watch movies expecting they are interesting, with (perhaps) twists and turns, and action, or some comedy. Naturally I didn't expect comedy or action, but it was the dullest movie I have ever seen. It was so boring, barely any plot development. It is considered a good movie probably onlyI watch movies to kind of, "escape" from real life, where there is not much interesting going on. I watch movies expecting they are interesting, with (perhaps) twists and turns, and action, or some comedy. Naturally I didn't expect comedy or action, but it was the dullest movie I have ever seen. It was so boring, barely any plot development. It is considered a good movie probably only because the sequence of events was reorganized. Another overrated movie by Quentin Tarantino (much like Kill Bill which also sucked @ss). Expand
  28. pos
    Sep 2, 2011
    A crowning achievement in film. a true masterpiece. this films got it all great characters, soundtrack, story, comedy, wonderfully put together with some some of the best dialogue and writing in film history. the finest work from a true film genius quentin tarantino.
  29. Apr 5, 2012
    Tarantino has good movies, but to me this is not his best. As many, I believe Pulp Fiction is overrated. Personally, I enjoyed Reservoir Dogs much more. Of course I can't say this is a bad movie, for that would be unfair; but it is not, in my opinion, a masterpiece. Tarantino has made himself a name because his movies are different and challenge our ideas of 'normality', but I don't seeTarantino has good movies, but to me this is not his best. As many, I believe Pulp Fiction is overrated. Personally, I enjoyed Reservoir Dogs much more. Of course I can't say this is a bad movie, for that would be unfair; but it is not, in my opinion, a masterpiece. Tarantino has made himself a name because his movies are different and challenge our ideas of 'normality', but I don't see any greatness' in Pulp Fiction. I didn't find it engaging or profound; I didn't feel it was particularly fun or witty either. I guess most people either like this film or hate it. I am ambivalent about it. I think because of its cinematography, the good performances, and its peculiarity it deserves a 7. To me, giving it more than that is bestowing this movie with a nature and trascendence it doesn't have. However, I am okey if you disagree with me and I can see why. Expand
  30. Jan 24, 2012
    The plot is a little confusing at times (during Bruce Willis's part of the film) but overall its interesting and you gotta pay close attention to it. The cast is good ,not as great as people make it seem to be. There are parts in the movie that are excellent as well (usually the parts with Samuel L. Jackson). Overall its just a good film and worth the watch.

The experience overall is like laughing down a gun barrel, a little bit tiring, a lot sick and maybe far too perverse for less jaded moviegoers.
  2. But the way that this picture has been so widely ravened up and drooled over verges on the disgusting. Pulp Fiction nourishes, abets, cultural slumming. [14 Nov 1994]
  3. Pulp Fiction isn't just funny. It's outrageously funny. [14 Oct 1994]