6.0

1. Sep 30, 2011
    They might as well change the title "Quarantine" into "[REC] 2.5".
  2. Aug 17, 2013
    Quarantine delivers outstanding performances that you can't caught the actors acting. The story is dark, twisted and claustrophobic in many ways. The movie is shocking and scary. Although I didn't have the chance to watch the original yet, but I am going to give it a solid 9.
  3. Feb 26, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Compared to the Blair Witch Project, this movie was pretty cool. It was really well shot and the special effects were well done as well. The only problem is of course the camera; it just shakes and falls too much, which I guess makes it realistic, but it also makes the viewer angry after a while. The story wasn't the most original but it worked quite well for the setting. The characters were believable enough, which made the movie better in many ways. Also, theres actually suspense unlike the Blair Witch Project and I'm sorry to say Cloverfield. The ending was pretty decent , but could have been so much better than the main character getting dragged away. Expand
  4. Oct 24, 2010
    Nothing beats a bit of bludgeoning with a camera; this is a good film, very jumpy, and with a surprisingly and satisfyingly unique ending. I am a huge fan of Found Footage films, and I have to say that this is one of the best on the list so far. It can get very scary in parts, and very jumpy too. However, in the more tense parts of the film, it becomes harder to follow because of the camera-all-over-the-place-ness. Otherwise, great film, worth a watch, but only slightly falls short of Blair With and Paranormal Activity.
    8/10. Why? This is a well made film, the storyline is correct and realistic, and gives a nice punch of horror to boot.
  5. Sep 11, 2012
    Quarantine is a remake of the movie [Rec], a popular Spanish zombie movie series which as of today has just released a third instalment. I've never watched the [Rec] movie so I can't compare this to it, but from what I've read it's exactly the same except for some added scenes. Quarantine is a good movie but does have some issues, the film is shot in the "found footage" style which means you see the movie in the first person through a camera lens, and while that's not really a bad thing I've just seen so many films like this I'm ready for this style to die already. Another thing that irritated me is that the main character (Angela Vidal who's played by Jennifer Carpenter) near the end starts freaking out and can't keep it together, which I understand that the character is scared but I really just wanted to knock her out and I've never really wanted to do that before save a few other movies. I appreciate this movie for being serious, scary, and downright tense which is great considering most Zombie movies nowadays are cheesy and dumb. It really is a great zombie movie, and for fans of Zombie movies this is a no brainer (pun intended), and even if your not really a Zombie fan this movie might satisfy the horror movie fans. Expand
  6. Jul 5, 2012
    Quarantine is mostly a shot-for-shot, slightly glossier American remake of Spannish horror stunner [Rec]. It's a consistently diverting film in its own right, and keeps you interested throughout, but it's nowhere near as terrifying as the original film. This is mostly due to the fact that the big scares come in exactly the same places as they did in [Rec]. Though it's always a technically competent film, the filmmakers don't appear adept enough at pacing and judging the viewers expectations to provide too many new scares. Jennifer Carpenter gives a decent performance playing reporter Angela Vidal, who is trapped in an L.A apartment complex when a mysterious virus breaks out and the authorities seal off the building. Carpenter effectively communicates her terror, and we can sympathise with her and the ordeal she is going through, though she lacks the raw, panicked energy of Manuela Velasco in the original film. Don't get me wrong, Quarantine is a perfectly reasonable and effective horror film if you're seeing it for the first time without any knowledge of the preceding Spanish found-footage chiller. However, if you're re-watching it, or if you've already seen [Rec], then there isn't a whole lot to frighten or thrill you. At least Quarantine was made in the same spirit as the original film, and director John Erick Dowdle appears to hold the original film in some regard, but his slicker take on this landmark horror story somehow isn't as viscerally terrifying as the low-budget guerrilla-style [Rec]. Expand
  7. Nov 14, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bottom Line: So-so remake of a great foreign film. Actually, itâ Expand
  8. Mar 4, 2012
    Is there seriously a market for this kind of "video camera horror" nonsense nowadays? Or have unimaginative copycat directors not figured out that we don't care about the crap they're peddling anymore?
  9. Sep 28, 2012
    this was worst movie ever remake of spanish version of REC if u want original horror flick that scary Watch the rec movies instead those ones is scary....

only i knew in that flick was Chick who played Judith from two and half men
  10. May 14, 2013
    ''this was a great film i was quite suprised its amazing whatyou can do with just a camera and thats it lol
    the infected were scary the acting was great overall i was impressed.

''crafty unpredictible and visionary
  11. Jul 3, 2013
    Nowadays, zombie movies can be good or terrible. Luckily, "Quarantine" is not terrible, it does some really cool stuff! I personally love zombie movies and I personally love found footage movies, and in this movie I get the best of both worlds. The acting was legitimately good, the camera work wasn't as shaky as most found footage movies and its very well thought out. The movie isn't without flaw, but its very enjoyable and entertaining. Its eye candy to zombie movie goers and horror movie goers. So go check this movie out. I'll give you this warning, this movie is VERY VERY VERY scary. Every time I see it, I freak out. And don't let kids watch it, they won't sleep for months. Expand

1. Oh, "Blair Witch," what hath thou wrought? It has taken less than a decade, but the concept of horror films filmed documentary-style has officially become a tiresome cliche.
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    A modestly inventive, sporadically exciting thriller that nonetheless proves too faithful to its central conceit for its own good.
  3. Reviewed by: Clark Collis
    Quarantine director John Erick Dowdle and co-writing brother Drew wisely stick close to the told-from-the-cameraman's point-of-view template of the terrific original, though they add a few fine flourishes.