6.5

1. Mar 27, 2013
    The movie had good actors, the soon to be Hunger Games villain, Alexander Ludwig and well-known AnnaSophia Robb with Dwayne Johnson and Carla Gugino. Despite the acting talents, the story was boring.
  2. Jan 22, 2012
    While it surely is entertaining, the film is not very good. It provides for action, and plenty of it. It is mostly good enough action, but nothing one hasn't seen before. The story is somewhat intriguing, but ultimately rather flat and obviously cannot survive on its own without the action sequences. The effects were not quite as good as I hoped, and the acting was rather bad. I have toWhile it surely is entertaining, the film is not very good. It provides for action, and plenty of it. It is mostly good enough action, but nothing one hasn't seen before. The story is somewhat intriguing, but ultimately rather flat and obviously cannot survive on its own without the action sequences. The effects were not quite as good as I hoped, and the acting was rather bad. I have to point out that Dwayne Johnson was atrocious in his attempt to act. The kids were much better, though they were no stars either. I don't know, it was entertaining but it was a typical Disney film that did not provide for anything that would make you even scratch your head and think, let along challenge anything. The villains are hyper-villains, the good guys are good, and The Rock is a good cabbie, who happens to be able to kick ass... ah, when unrealistic things are annoying me in a film about aliens, you know something's wrong. But, I guess it's ultimately worth for the action... or is it? Expand
  3. Jan 18, 2011
    Not nearly as cheesy and bad as I expected. I have to say that Dwayne Johnson is starting to grow on me. For a Disney movie the plot was decent and the acting wasn't as bad as I imagined it would be. I don't have any real complaints so I will just leave it by saying for a family flick there are many movies that are worse than this.
  4. May 29, 2012
    The rock did good here. The story makes some sense and there is plenty of action throughout. I can't recall any dull moments.
  5. Jan 30, 2013
    The film is entertaining, with some good and bad special effects. The plot of the film is very original.
  6. Mar 8, 2014
    Race to Witch Mountain is a mildly diverting but forgettable family-friendly flick with no particular good things about it, but no particularly bad ones either.
  7. Nov 16, 2013
    Race to Witch Mountain is a bizarre adventure. The action is good but not great and the overall premise is odd. Dwayne Johnson does well and the acting is pretty fair. Nothing bad or great I can really say.

1. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    Strikes a deft balance of chase-movie suspense and wisecracking humor, with a few slam-bang action setpieces that would shame the makers of more allegedly grown-up genre fare.
  2. It's entertaining with a crafty mixture of action, humor and drama.
    A calculated bid to turn the Rock into a more family-friendly commodity. That calculation may be transparent, but it pays off: Cracking one-liners and alternating between world-weariness and growing affection for his charges, Johnson is wonderful -- much better than his material.