Rambo

7.9

1. May 23, 2011
    One of my favourite movies, it really deserves more than it got. Great story and action, Stallone is really charismatic. An awesome finale to the series.
  2. sanjay
    pretty gruesome stuff!!
  3. MarkE.
    Jan 25, 2008
    In my opinion although it's more like a FACT, this movie was very well directed and written. It takes place in a very realistic environment and is in a very real life situation that could pass for something that still happens in 3rd world countries today. The action in the film is definately for true moviegoers and definately for Rambo fans. If you want fast paced, eye popping, jaw In my opinion although it's more like a FACT, this movie was very well directed and written. It takes place in a very realistic environment and is in a very real life situation that could pass for something that still happens in 3rd world countries today. The action in the film is definately for true moviegoers and definately for Rambo fans. If you want fast paced, eye popping, jaw dropping, heart pumping action then this is the movie for you. I personaly think this movie should be enjoyed by all who know or dont know what great film-making is all about. I'd say congratulations Stallone on bringing a nice BANG to start 2008 and I hope there are more ideas in the works. Expand
  4. Balla
    Feb 15, 2008
    Insane adrenaline rush action film that didn't need to make me think for me to thoroughly enjoy it.
  5. JeffI.
    Feb 8, 2008
    I cant even begin to explain how great this movie was.
  6. JimK.
    Jan 25, 2008
    First Blood is a distant, distant memory. This movie is one giant bloody mess. Gone is an interesting story. Gone is any hint of excitement. Gone is the soul that existed in the first film. I wouldn't watch this again even if you payed me $50. Worst Movie I have ever seen in a theater.
  7. BrianF.
    Jan 25, 2008
    This movie was great due to the extreme action scenes. This movie is packed with dismemberments, 50 cal shells, and explosions. Richard Crenna would have would have gone a long way rounded out the film a bit better (RIP). However, the tight editing kept the action from mixing together into an incoherent mess. This is an action movie of course but it does bring the plight of the Karen This movie was great due to the extreme action scenes. This movie is packed with dismemberments, 50 cal shells, and explosions. Richard Crenna would have would have gone a long way rounded out the film a bit better (RIP). However, the tight editing kept the action from mixing together into an incoherent mess. This is an action movie of course but it does bring the plight of the Karen people to light. It is hard to believe that some of these crimes against humanity are actually happening. Stallone brings the character of John Rambo around full circle and the body count is very high (246 kills) but this is rated R after all. Great movie, I can't wait for a sequel!!! Expand
  8. RandyB.
    Jan 25, 2008
    This really is an owesome movie!!! Be ready for heavy duty military action.
  9. AndrewN.
    Jan 25, 2008
    U.S.A.! U.S.A.! This movie was simply amazing. It brought entertainment to the whole crowd. Everyone in the theatre was oo'ing and ah'ing and hell yeah'ing through the entire movie. Amazing.
  10. MattB.
    Jan 28, 2008
    I would like to know how all these critics got their jobs. Because they are freaking idiots. This movie was Awesome. Any critic that says otherwise is an idiot.
  11. MyatK.
    Feb 21, 2008
    Excessively violence I suppose but being a Burmese person, being violent to an evil regime seems rather justified. As a movie though, I was not disappointed. I knew it was going to be violent and damn did it deliver. This is the most awesome Rambo movie, like he LIQUIDATES like a 100 soldiers. awesome.
  12. PekkaH.
    Feb 23, 2008
    Excellent movie! Could have been half an hour longer but still delivers.
  13. AlanP.
    Jan 25, 2008
    Oh man. I went into this movie expecting very, very little. I was very, very surprised. Forgive my stereotyping, but I doubt this will be a movie you'd want to take your wife or girlfriend to, unless they loved Saving Private Ryan. The plot is perfect, what little plot there is, you at least feel like Rambo is fighting for something, not just pulling the trigger. You WANT him to take Oh man. I went into this movie expecting very, very little. I was very, very surprised. Forgive my stereotyping, but I doubt this will be a movie you'd want to take your wife or girlfriend to, unless they loved Saving Private Ryan. The plot is perfect, what little plot there is, you at least feel like Rambo is fighting for something, not just pulling the trigger. You WANT him to take out the bad guys, and man, does he! Surprisingly well directed by Sly himself. Loved every minute. I gave it a 9 because, cmon it's Rambo-not Raiders of the Lost Ark. Expand
  14. JayM
    Jan 29, 2008
    for all the people who thought this movie was going to be bad your so WRONG. this movie is pact with action,violence,gore. great movie 4 STARS!!!! deserves an Oscar. by far the best movie ive seen in a long time. those critics don't know anything there job is to destroy good movies. bastards. Stallone brilliant actor/director. LONG LIVE SYLVESTER STALLONE
  15. Micah
    Jan 28, 2008
    Holy Crap that was awesome! In a culture that demands that everyone must be equally and pathetically feminine, I completely expected the critics to respond in the same spineless, limp way they always do. Heaven forbid a man act like one. Anyway don't worry, I'm sure watching one episode of "Will and Grace" will wash that mean man right out of your hair. For everybody else, keep Holy Crap that was awesome! In a culture that demands that everyone must be equally and pathetically feminine, I completely expected the critics to respond in the same spineless, limp way they always do. Heaven forbid a man act like one. Anyway don't worry, I'm sure watching one episode of "Will and Grace" will wash that mean man right out of your hair. For everybody else, keep them coming! There are some of us that still haven't found that feminine side yet. Expand
  16. ChadS
    Jan 27, 2008
    "Rambo" is the work of a desparate actor/filmmaker, who missed a golden opportunity to dig deep; to finally make amends with his big payday-motivated career choices and corresponding downward trajectory in popularity. The financially successful "First Blood", and its blockbuster follow-up, probably ruined his reputation as an actor like how "Smokey & the Bandit" made Burt Reynolds "Rambo" is the work of a desparate actor/filmmaker, who missed a golden opportunity to dig deep; to finally make amends with his big payday-motivated career choices and corresponding downward trajectory in popularity. The financially successful "First Blood", and its blockbuster follow-up, probably ruined his reputation as an actor like how "Smokey & the Bandit" made Burt Reynolds likewise, a washed-up A-lister, and industry laughingstock(before Paul Thomas Anderson's "Boogie Nights"). Instead of living up to his "the next Marlon Brando" billing, Sylvester Stallone made films like "Over the Top" and "Tango & Cash", which would later lead his nadir, "Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot"(w/Estelle Getty). It wasn't until James Mangold's "Copland" did audiences remember that Sylvester Stallone was indeed an actor, not just a celebrity. "Rambo", to my disappointment, is no meditation on violence like "Unforgiven"(in which Clint Eastwood returned to the western as a older, wiser actor/filmmaker); this fourth installment of the John Rambo saga is shockingly reductive. What little artistry that remains in the mind's eye of this filmmaker, based on this witless display of bang, bang, bang, and ka-boom, was spent on the nostalgia-heavy "Rocky Balboa". The violence on display here is supposed to be justified by its social consciousness; its global citizenry duty of shedding light on the social upheaval in southern Asia. Yeah, right; as if this movie's target audience gives a rat's ass about Burma. "Rambo" is pared down to the genre's essentials; blood and explosions, made reprehensible by its purported dilligence in political awareness. Expand
  17. ErnieL.
    Feb 14, 2008
    Ultra violence and gore is campy now? What a waste of time. Stallone's worst acting performance, ever.
  18. MikeC.
    Feb 5, 2008
    As many of critics would say, it's a Rambo movie so don't be so serious. We take it serious because we waited and had high hopes for a new Rambo movie. Aside from violence, the substances that made the old movies great are missing.
  19. LarryN.
    Feb 8, 2008
    Went with my dad & son for a Saturday afternoon at the movies. My son picked Rambo, I had little to no expectations. This is an excellent action film, very well done, from the cinematography to the sound, direction, script, special effects, and acting. Of course if this not your favorite movie genre & you don't like Stallone stay away, but please leave your bogus comments to yourself.
  20. Nick
    Jan 25, 2008
    just saw it as the fourth movie in a Rambo marathon, and even after the first three, it stands out for being crazy violent. really fun, really good, nice way to say goodbye to an 80s icon.
  21. MathewK.
    Jan 26, 2008
    Saw the movie lastnight! just as Thomas said! absolutly amazing...explosions,mindless gruesome violence and manliness! none of the censor-board-safe-good-for-my-child!loved the movie!
  22. BryanC
    Jan 26, 2008
    Rambo kicked my ASS! A great finale to the series.
  23. MelvinD.
    Jan 30, 2008
    The best thing about this movie is that it depicts what's going on in Myanmar(albeit a little bit exaggerated). Sure... it doesn't have the critic-appealing factors in movies like Children of Men but IMO, the best movies are the ones that stick in your head and stays in your mind (i even heard guys whistling to the Rambo tune in the washroom after the movie)...and Rambo 4 The best thing about this movie is that it depicts what's going on in Myanmar(albeit a little bit exaggerated). Sure... it doesn't have the critic-appealing factors in movies like Children of Men but IMO, the best movies are the ones that stick in your head and stays in your mind (i even heard guys whistling to the Rambo tune in the washroom after the movie)...and Rambo 4 definitely leaves a lasting impact. Great movie to watch if you have the balls for it. To me, it really made me look at the Myanmar situation seriously. And for that alone, this movie deserves a perfect 10. Expand
  24. JosephS.
    Feb 3, 2008
    Much more like first blood than its sequels. This is by far the best Rambo since first blood. and boy is it violent. You like action.....than don't miss Rambo.
  25. CatalinS.
    Feb 4, 2008
    John Rambo is a real action movie.Probably the best. The movie have a deep message and is outstanding.Maybe the critics wants to see in John Rambo a love movie well its not, its a masterpiece. This is the best Rambo .
  26. OsitoH.
    Feb 6, 2008
    I really enjoyed it. Stallone is a man with moral as well as physical courage--he has the cajones to say that when dealing with evil men it takes more than appealing to their better nature.
  27. JRoth
    Mar 24, 2008
    It could be as good as "First Blood", but the need to show flying limbs and "strong lines" it's way down. I like many things on this movie, and surely is in par with Rambo II. Maybe it's a cross genre, a homage or Sly only wanted to show all his fury and hatred. For an action movie, maybe we couldn't ask for more. But man, this is not Commando. This is not Delta Force. This It could be as good as "First Blood", but the need to show flying limbs and "strong lines" it's way down. I like many things on this movie, and surely is in par with Rambo II. Maybe it's a cross genre, a homage or Sly only wanted to show all his fury and hatred. For an action movie, maybe we couldn't ask for more. But man, this is not Commando. This is not Delta Force. This is John Rambo, and he deserve some respect... since Rambo III, actually. Sometimes the violence is necessary. Sometimes, we want to and we need to see it happening to feel a little confort while the bad guys are dying. But sometimes, just sometimes, we want to imagine, and Sly doesn't open this window for us. Let's hope in the next episode of Rambo, Sly forget about the excess, think about better lines, and gives us what John Rambo wants to tell. Expand
  28. PeterJ.
    Jun 10, 2008
    Fantastic movie. While it may be a bit gorey, this is reality over there. A Rambo shoot em up with a political message. Couldn't have done a much better job. The critics have officially lost their minds.
  29. AlfonsoR
    Jan 22, 2008
    Sly is back on top after a slight misstep with 06's Balboa. An almost perfect movie if it wasn't for the score. If Sly would have brought in his brother Frankie to do the music, this would have been a perfect 10!
  30. ThomasB
    Jan 22, 2008
    It's Rambo. Based on the Rating: "R for strong graphic bloody violence, sexual assaults, grisly images and language" It is everything Rambo is about, it doesn't need a story, just 1 and a half hours of mindless violence, explosions and manliness. Can't wait for the UK release!

In the Rambo canon, where does this one fit? The tone is closer to "First Blood" but the body count is more "Rambo III." No matter how one dices and slices this new Rambo, the first one in 20 years, it will likely please fans of the long-in-the-tooth series.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Stallone (who looks fit but mostly keeps his shirt on) has no intention of bogging the action down, but it's still a notably cheerless exercise, without knowing winks or stabs (pardon the expression) at humor. It is in all respects, rather, a completely workmanlike effort.
  3. In short, No. 4 is one big snore.