8.5

1. Oct 19, 2011
    I really didn't enjoy this film, i'm a bit disappointed actually. I was looking forward to seeing it, I mean, the advert was quite good. But after watching the film I realised that the bits that were in the advert were the only good bits in the film, and that's not that many.
  2. Jan 10, 2011
    By far one of the weakest recent animation films. The story is predictable and the script is banal without a hint of cleverness. Great for 10 year olds and Disney sycophants.
  3. Jul 22, 2013
    This film is a visual masterpiece, no question about it, but the tremendous work put into it is completely wasted because of the boring and mindless plot. It's about a rat who reads French cookbooks (I assume he can read in countless other languages too). The ghost of a deceased chef haunts our cute creature. (How did he stumble upon a rat in the first place?) Remy learns a lot from theThis film is a visual masterpiece, no question about it, but the tremendous work put into it is completely wasted because of the boring and mindless plot. It's about a rat who reads French cookbooks (I assume he can read in countless other languages too). The ghost of a deceased chef haunts our cute creature. (How did he stumble upon a rat in the first place?) Remy learns a lot from the chef's recipes, and shares his immense knowledge with a nerd with no talent whatsoever, using him as a puppet, and this bizarre double act self-evidently outdo any well trained cook in Paris. Moreover, the food critic whose devastating review made the former chef of the restaurant (our strange ghost) commit suicide, is enchanted with the dish based on the recipe of aforementioned chef, but prepared by our nerd who is guided bye the highly literate rat. This goofy mess of a story could still be partly compensated by a decent amount of jokes, but there is hardly any trace of them. All we left with is the stunning animation. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    The subtle colors and textures of the food alone make Ratatouille a three-star Michelin evening.
    In Ratatouille, the level of moment-by-moment craftsmanship is a wonder.
    This is clearly one of the best of the year's films. Every time an animated film is successful, you have to read all over again about how animation isn't "just for children" but "for the whole family," and "even for adults going on their own." No kidding!