6.9

1. Sep 30, 2011
    "[REC] 2", the sequel of the creepy "[REC]", still has its scares and chills. Only your horror ride has become rustier and unpredictable.
  2. Oct 17, 2011
    [REC] 2 is so much better than riding a roller-coaster ride. It's really scary, terrifying, and shocking that has a twist after another. You won't believe what happens throughout the film; it's just too damn entertaining. Is it better than the first? No. Prepare yourself for numerous jumps and loud noises!
  3. Sep 3, 2011
    Honestly, I thought it was just as good as the first one. The "kids" alternate story was somewhat pointless, but it was a good movie overall, so it deserves an 8/10.
  4. Oct 5, 2012
    A great Zombie movie, much better than the first thanks to it's better effects, more developed characters (still not the most developed, but I actually cared about their fates this time), and better use of the "found footage" style of movie. Unlike most Zombie movies nowadays it's tense, unpredictable, and creepy. It's also one of the few Zombie movies that tells what's causing it, and while the explanation is a little hokey it successfully brings new life into Zombie movies by infusing them with exorcism movies. [Rec] was good but [Rec] 2 is better. It's all much better done this time around and I'm dying (pun intended) to see where the series goes from here. Expand
  5. Jul 10, 2011
    Good horror movie that does close some of the gaps left in the first movie and it was nice to see a lesser used route taken as a explanation for the virus outbreak. I would hope there is a third installment otherwise some of the characters were a waste of time but overall it was a good effort which followed the path of the first episode well and keep the action and horror coming all through the movie. Expand
  6. Aug 26, 2012
    I firmly believe a good film reviewer has to love watching movies. that being said, the paid reviewers for Rec 2 are clearly watching a different movie than the general public. As a fan of found footage movies, I think Rec 1, 2 and 3 all are quite good and mix things up so that each one is better than the last, but only if you watch the previous ones first.
  7. Aug 23, 2012
    [REC] was one of those films every horror fan should watch, well filmed, scary and an extremely good story. [REC] 2 takes us back to the Barcelona apartment building 15 minutes after the end of [REC]. A SWAT team are sent in with a medical officer to control the situation however we soon learn that it is not a biological virus that infects people but a demonic presence that lives within the Medieros girl.
    [REC] 2 keeps the action coming but manages to lose the scares by deploying the same scares used in the original film, but by any means still a worthwhile watch.
  8. Apr 7, 2013
    The foremost flaw of “[REC] 2” is its futile attempt to include a baffling, supernatural plot within its generic, but nonetheless scary, concept. To begin with, the first “[REC]” wasn't even the kind of film that opens itself to the possibility of a sensible sequel, but here it is anyway, along with the promise of a third and fourth installment.

“[REC] 2” is an immediate continuation of
    the original’s conclusion. The fast-acting, death-inducing virus is still contained inside the quarantined apartment, surrounded by snipers and covered with some sort of special, government plastic. If there are any human survivors trapped inside, the authorities are determined to keep them in that state. We revisit the apartment when we follow a group of SWAT officers, who are commanded by a Health Official.

They charge into the zombie-infested building with thick armor and heavy weaponry, but their reasons for entering it in the first place are rather unclear. Surely, this isn't a rescue mission, for in the first film, anyone who tried to leave the building was rewarded with a bullet to the face. Once inside, we are informed that their objective is to come up with an antidote against a disease no one outside the apartment has contracted. Yes, a more reasonable option would be to burn down the building until it resembles dust, but no, because that idea wouldn't be enough for three more “[REC]” movies.

Read more here: http://localmoviereview.com/rec-2-movie-review/
  9. Jul 23, 2012
    [REC] 2 is one of the best zombie movies ever made. Its an unexpected one as well. It takes us to a new stage in the zombie movies giving us not just blood sucking zombies, but demon possessed zombies. This movie is filled with plenty of chills and a large amount of blood, it's a definite must see. Don't watch american remakes of this film.
  10. Aug 15, 2012
  11. Feb 2, 2013
    A Spanish film that is original on the one hand and on the other is not much. 'Rec 2' is an original film because the camera is part of history, and not original because it deals with zombies and zombie movies are already heavily views.
  12. Feb 20, 2013
    I don't exactly know what it is with Spain and horror but I do know that somehow they're just simply amazing in setting up a great atmosphere and are actually able to scare you so now and then. I loved the first [Rec], I really did. But there were just two things about it which irritated me a little. The main character, reporter Angela Vidal and the pace, which was quite slow for a short movie. Still I think it is one of the best zombie movies ever made. [Rec]2, by the way, I find ever better. You'll be on the edge of your seat the whole movie. Besides some religious babbling so now and than the movie keeps going in a great tempo. Great scares. Amazing make-up. Solid and realistic acting and even a small twist. This movie takes just a little longer than 80 minutes but it's packed with everything you want from a, to me classic, zombie movie. It's not entirely necessary to check out part one first, but I DO recommend it. Just watch 'em both in one view (forget about part 3[genesis] tough) Spain is a Roman Catholic country so there will be some religious issues involved. I'm not a religious person but it didn't really bother me in this movie so it's not a reason to wine about that because it simply won't harm the movie. [REC]2 is one of my favorite horror movies of all time. If you like horror movies then this is a gem. If you like zombie movies in particular this movie is diamond. Expand
  13. May 19, 2013
    Rec was a really shocking and creepy movie.
    Rec 2 is not so good then the first one but it has its moments, its scary moments.
    It looks all so real.
    But I prefer the first one.

1. Reviewed by: Boyd Van Hoeij
    A sequel to the Spanish cult hit that offers an explanation for something that was far more effective when left largely unexplained.
  2. Reviewed by: Rob Nelson
    Predictably, [REC] 2 is higher-budgeted than its barebones predecessor, which only means that the spectacular degradation of video in scenes where the zombies get in close and start chomping will test the limits of any HDTV. If only [REC] 2's rabid baddies knew how to push [STOP].
  3. Now, with this underwhelming sequel, Spain proves it can stand toe to toe with any nation in the manufacture of unnecessary follow-ups.