4.8

1. Oct 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What a disappointment ! The first movie of the saga left me breathless. It had well constructed action, a good choice of the style with the camera, and some story behind... the second one kept up and added a couple of details... but this one is a complete failure and a joke. B movie (or Z) exuding all over. Predictable, without style, and no story at all when it is supposed to be the genesis. Seriously this is the genesis ? But one thing above all: you have to maintain a criteria and stick to it the entire film, if the zombies can run and be fast, then be it !! What you cannot do is make them slow and clumsy whenever it suits you, that's called cheating. There's is laws and science in all that zombie stuff or I believe so. Expand
  2. Oct 28, 2012
    This movie is no real rec movie. It sucks in so many ways. No motion sickness camera style in a rec movie?! This is a really bad trashmovie with some very good splatter-effects. Okay and it has rec in the name.
    I loved the frist rec but this one sucks a lot mot than rec 2.
  3. Sep 24, 2012
    Why do movies so bad, absurd and ridiculous? It is so bad that I laughed at her at the movies! This very poorly made. It's funny until the 20 th minute, after those 20 minutes seemed to have run out of budget or who bought the script in a flea market.
  4. Nov 9, 2012
    This movie is a joke, the first one and second at least tried to be more matured and serious about the whole "infected genre", REC 3 is like 100 movies out there with nothing to offer. There is no story, the acting are just laughable, poor dialogue this movie is so ridiculous that at some point some actors use medieval armour, my god!! Total garbage.
  5. Sep 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ok, the first movie was good, have some mistakes but have this little touch that do that people have much scare moments, after we watch REC 2, and have other mistakes, but happen the same case, and now [REC] 3: Genesis, and what happen? Is an awful movie, don't have the same style that the other two [REC] movies had, the result of this movie is a big disaster, have much comic moments -or the move is really bad, and I'm laughing ?- the trama have a potential for be an amazing movie, but the development is really terrible. The performances are bad, extremly bad. [REC] 3: Genesis is the worst chapter of this saga. Expand
  6. Dec 1, 2012
    I really cannot understand why the director of the (Rec) series would want to take it's reputation of being one of the few remaining and well respected zombie horror movie series and butcher it with this awful movie. Honestly it's the same quality as a crappy straight to dvd zombie movie. They made so many dumb changes with this entry. It's the first entry to not use the found footage, andI really cannot understand why the director of the (Rec) series would want to take it's reputation of being one of the few remaining and well respected zombie horror movie series and butcher it with this awful movie. Honestly it's the same quality as a crappy straight to dvd zombie movie. They made so many dumb changes with this entry. It's the first entry to not use the found footage, and whether or not that's a huge flaw will depend on personal preference, I'm personally tired of that now overused style, but would gladly take it back if it will bring the next movie back to it's horror roots. It's not the least bit scary or serious. Zombies in the previous (Rec) movies were extremely fast, in this their slow and clumbsy taking away sense of fear. The movie is also filled with what I believe to be attempts at humor, but are so stupid they wont even make you chuckle. I was frequently thinking to myself "Really? Did they really just put that into this movie?". (Rec) 3: Genesis destroys what was once a good Zombie series. To the other fans out there just skip this and pray the announced 4th movie avoids being anything like this peice of crap. But hey I do jave to give them credit for putting in a decent love story in there, but seriously though still avoid and keep those good memories of (Rec) 1 & 2. Expand
  7. Sep 10, 2012
    Do not say that the film was one of the best in its triology, but had a lot of things in which I was not happy, as for example, the camera on hand which was replaced by a film common, there is no sense "genesis" because I have not seen any explanation for a start, the first two movies are better, not just look at this.
  8. May 19, 2013
    Rec (1) and Rec 2 were scary.
    But this one is really not.
    Why is it just sometimes a found footage movie?
    It's just a trashy slasher, with some funny moments.
  9. May 29, 2015
    I loved REC 1 and 2. The first one is one of the great horror movies of the 2000's, and it's one of the scariest movies I've ever seen. The sequel is almost as effective as the original and stands as a worthy sequel to a masterpiece in horror. And then there's REC 3. The first two films in the series are found footage, while this drops that format around 15 minutes in. They literally dropI loved REC 1 and 2. The first one is one of the great horror movies of the 2000's, and it's one of the scariest movies I've ever seen. The sequel is almost as effective as the original and stands as a worthy sequel to a masterpiece in horror. And then there's REC 3. The first two films in the series are found footage, while this drops that format around 15 minutes in. They literally drop it, like someone drops the camera on the ground, and it switches to traditional cinematography. I'll never truly understand why they decided to lose what made the other two films so iconic and terrifying. REC 3 doesn't follow reporter Angela Vidal inside the zombie-infested apartment complex. Instead, it's about a wedding that is ruined when there's a zombie outbreak. There's really not much to this film; it's a pretty generic zombie film. There's nothing truly special about REC 3 that separates it from countless other movies in the genre. Not until the last 30 minutes does it finally get fairly interesting, and it does have a good ending. I can't truly recommend this to anyone unless you're a die-hard zombie fan. Expand
  10. Jan 4, 2015
    Paco Plaza deja un lado el terror, lo bizarro, el gore, el suspenso y horror que tenían las antecesoras REC, esta vez nos deja una sátira, parodia o "comedia con humor negro" horrible y decepcionante.
  11. Feb 20, 2015
    De verdad no puedo creer que esta película sea una secuela de la primera y excelente REC, porque es una completa estupidez. Llamándose a sí misma una película de terror, es mas bien una comedia, pues todo el drama y suspenso que intenta crear es algo para morirse de la risa. Está mal dirigida, el guion es extremadamente ridículo, y a pesar de que la actuación es relativamente buena,De verdad no puedo creer que esta película sea una secuela de la primera y excelente REC, porque es una completa estupidez. Llamándose a sí misma una película de terror, es mas bien una comedia, pues todo el drama y suspenso que intenta crear es algo para morirse de la risa. Está mal dirigida, el guion es extremadamente ridículo, y a pesar de que la actuación es relativamente buena, interpreta a unos personajes muy mal ideados. No sé por qué el director de esta película, siendo uno de los pocos en la actualidad que de verdad lograba hacer una película de zombis bien hecha, decidió rebajar su reputación de esta forma.
    Además, fue abandonado el estilo de grabación que prácticamente identificaba a las anteriores REC. Dejó de ser una grabación en primera persona para convertirse en una película común y corriente, y eso es algo que no se les puede perdonar.
    Por último, no le dieron continuación al final de la segunda. En la película no hubo ninguna explicación de lo que estaba sucediendo y por qué estaba sucediendo, todo simplemente fue zombis, sangre, acción, matanza y muchas cosas sin sentido, sin permitirme por la más mínima probabilidad tomarme esta película seriamente.

1. Reviewed by: V.A. Musetto
    Sep 7, 2012
    [REC] 3 Genesis is a prequel to the first two "[REC]" movies, but that doesn't much matter. You don't need to have seen them to enjoy this film, which provides fresh blood for a tired genre.
  2. Reviewed by: Jeannette Catsoulis
    Sep 6, 2012
    With slapstick smothering the scares, [REC 3] is further marred by a plot in which the muted Catholicism of its antecedents is turned up to full blast.
  3. Reviewed by: Joe Neumaier
    Sep 6, 2012
    It's the same-old flesh-chewing. Like vampires, this genre is getting deadly.