7.9

1. Mar 13, 2012
    A fantastic movie that's also an eye opener and emotionally moving, Sandler and Cheadle both gave fantastic performances, I recommend Sandler fans watching so they can see Sandler's more serious side, the characters are extremely likable and the movie is incredibly well written, I highly recommend watching, although not one for younger audiences, it's got nice touches of humor sprinkled throughout, and the friendship between Sandler's and Cheadle's characters is 100% believable, I don't typically watch these kinds of movies, but I'm a huge Sandler fan and I was very happy with this movie, I highly recommend. Expand
  2. Mar 1, 2014
    Adam Sandler gives a heartbreaking performance as a man who has lost everything in his life. It's such a shame that he was not nominated for an Oscar.

1. Reviewed by: John DeFore
    It doesn't exploit our emotions about Sept. 11; it simply tells a story that exists because of what happened that day -- one that should resonate with a wide, appreciative audience.
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    Sandler (never making a false step while maneuvering though vertiginous mood swings) and Cheadle (deftly commingling instinctive decency with quiet desperation) are individually excellent, and bring out the best in each other. And the picture itself transcends its real but relatively minor flaws to score a satisfyingly potent impact.
    That is an unusually gloomy proposition not just for a studio movie but for a society that, despite the acts and sites of official commemoration, must find good cause to forge ahead from catastrophe. Reign Over Me closes with, at best, a cautious hope, leaving us more anxious than when we went in, and throughout the film there is a stunned and bewildered air hanging over the city, like a heavy smog.