8.1

1. ChrisK
    Feb 19, 2009
    Only goth losers would think this is at good as grease. Take A Shower.
  2. PatrickY
    May 20, 2009
    A film that has me quite split. A definitely interesting concept with a convoluted plot filled with twists and turns very intentionally in the spirit of tragic opera. There are a lot of ideas and elements that I like in this film. However execution is at times lacking. I enjoyed the performances from Anthony Stewart Head and Sarah Brightman, even Paris Hilton wasn't terrible. But a A film that has me quite split. A definitely interesting concept with a convoluted plot filled with twists and turns very intentionally in the spirit of tragic opera. There are a lot of ideas and elements that I like in this film. However execution is at times lacking. I enjoyed the performances from Anthony Stewart Head and Sarah Brightman, even Paris Hilton wasn't terrible. But a lot of the lyrics and songs just aren't up to snuff. Some being rather insipid and others just forgettable techno pop. The sets are also at times cheesy and cliched. It's hard to predict reactions to this film, it seems to be a love it or hate it affair. I seem to be one of the few exceptions. I kind of liked it, kind of. Expand
  3. JerradN
    Jan 26, 2009
    Great concept, fantastic visual and costume design, characters, plot, etc... however, the songs completely ruined it for me. Cheesy dialouge just sing-song with music; it could've been so much better.
  4. DanielM.
    Dec 11, 2008
    A geek show. It's not an artless film, and it contains interesting social commentary, but it's so buried under viscera and noise that it effectively defeats its own purpose.
  5. Mar 8, 2014
    Just as bloody, gory and terrifying as the "Saw" series. We have some nice music and lyrics but it gets exceedingly dull as the movie trudges on.

1. Reviewed by: John Anderson
    So over-the-top it's purple. At the same time, it's not too many lengths of intestine beyond some mainstream movies, "Sweeney Todd" being the most obvious comparison.
    The grim finality of the ensuing pietà suggests the last act of Hamlet or, rather, Hamlet 2--so embarrassing that, for the first time, I wanted to avert my eyes from the screen, although that might have also been because Repo! appears to have been shot with a cell phone.
  3. Reviewed by: Sean Howe
    If steampunk bloodbaths aren't for you, it's a long wait for the fat lady to sing.