Reservation Road

6.9

1. MorganW.
    Jan 31, 2009
    I think this is one of the best films of 2007. I disagree with those who think that there is no redemption in this story. It rivals films like The Believer in its portrayal of internal conflict, and it is a beautiful (and heartbreaking) study of morality. This film is undoubtedly worth seeing.
  2. Dec 14, 2010
    The only criterium I have for liking or not liking a movie is: do I keep watching ? This one, I definitely did keep watching. The acting is superb, the unfolding drama and conflict are intense. I wonder why these movies never really make it to the big screen...
  3. TrevorD.
    Apr 18, 2008
    Brilliant story line.

1. Paints itself into a corner, creating a static situation in which everyone is either stymied or wracked by indecision, leaving the movie free for its two male leads to wallow in self-pity, remorse and bad behavior.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A dramatic situation that should be wrenching is mostly tedious in Reservation Road.
    Reservation Road itself may twist and turn into the New England night, but emotionally and dramatically, the movie that bears its name is a dead end.