Universal Pictures | Release Date: September 6, 2013
7.1
Generally favorable reviews based on 388 Ratings
WATCH NOW
evileneSep 9, 2013
Not as good as Chronicles (which is under appreciated I think there is a version out there that doesn't contain critical information) but I enjoyed it and hope they will make another one. He still needs to find his birthplace.
ArctelSep 8, 2013
Ignore the mainstream media reviews on this one. They are idiots to rate this so low. This goes along with Man of Steel as one of the year's best films. Entertaining throughout.
FuglyDucklingSep 6, 2013
Great movie and don't mind what the critics say. They movie was a hardcore Sci-fi and action movie and the aliens in it were amazing. The planet they set it on was amazing looking and the story was even better.
Frost45Sep 8, 2013
I thought it was very well written, with more of the classic BA Riddick. Hope they make another one. I love the Riddick series. Maybe not academy award type stuff, but Vin plays Riddick so good. Total badass.
LillywatersSep 8, 2013
Understanding what had to happen for this movie to come to be I am very happy. Vin placed his very home on the line to help fund the movie (why it may have not be as big and going to as many different locations as past movies). The factUnderstanding what had to happen for this movie to come to be I am very happy. Vin placed his very home on the line to help fund the movie (why it may have not be as big and going to as many different locations as past movies). The fact that studios did not want to make another movie. However, the team pulled it off- its fun, action pack not to over the top and a little bit different feel as well. I hope I will be able to see the final two movies they have plan to finish up the tale. Expand
ZybelineSep 11, 2013
I was actually surprised. I mean, I knew it was going to be great, I love the Riddicks and it's universe, but the trailer was only showing an ok movie with good effects and common story. I must say they did a really good jobs on the conceptI was actually surprised. I mean, I knew it was going to be great, I love the Riddicks and it's universe, but the trailer was only showing an ok movie with good effects and common story. I must say they did a really good jobs on the concept art, the effects, and even the story and the characters (for this kind of movie). It is far more than a fan movie and definitely better than the second one. Go watch it if you like scifi and action, its definitely worth it.

I don't know where the critics are from (probably not from our generation), but it feels like they go watch a kind of movie they know they don't like and then write a bad review. It's not objective at all.
Megaman95Oct 6, 2013
I went in to this movie without seeing Pitch Black or Chronicles of Riddick, and it was still great.
You needed little knowledge for a short scene in the beginning, and was very easy to follow.
The downside however is that the movie had a

The downside however is that the movie had a very small plot, which while keeping it easy to follow, made it a little boring at times.

Also be warned, if you live in Australia, although the movie is rated MA15+, there are two scenes with nudity, just so you are aware.
Which brings up a small complaint, the nudity is very random and unnecessary, making it awkward when watching with friends.

The actors had great performances especially Vin Diesel, with the exception of Jordi MollĂ  and his quite cheesy dialogue.

The movie was a great watch and while not a Triple A film, it's still something to check out.
eeeeeeeeeeOct 15, 2013
I've watched this movie twice, Comes down to; could have been way better. Also way different, It was hysterically sad we called it pitch orange, or pitch black remake. Same names, all the difference is a dog
they could probably make a
they could probably make a Chronicles of dog, for the series, must have been small budget, along with bad script, 10 years in the making and they Chose to make Pitch Black again. Lol! wow they got me.
Diesel Somebody boo him.
DimitarDec 30, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First Riddick not being able to recognize his own home planet and get screwed like that?
I wont even comment on his fall from that rock.
The thing about the lesbian asking him to do her... Pathetic. Its like Vin Diesel personally paid to get his ego polished.

The movie indeed had its good moments as well, but mostly it was just a kids movie.
I loved the first 2 movies, but this is just not what I expected.
ReapearJan 14, 2014
Time has proved that critics never give a mark above 7 if the movie doesn't contain all standards which they require and you can find him in latest romantic comedies.
The movie follows Richard B. Riddick an escaped convict and murderer which
The movie follows Richard B. Riddick an escaped convict and murderer which is trapped in non-civilazed planet crawled with dangerous creatures. So far it's my favorite Vin's movie and character in sci-fi universe. The unique personality that is smart and strong combined with Vin's screenplay and fan-favorite voice makes Riddick everyones favorite antihero. The plot is very good in the end survivors realize it's all about survival not money which some of Riddick's enemies desire. I can't recommend enough to watch this movie you may like it or dislike it just don't trust critics one the right and watch movie for yourself and decide. The bottom line is do you like, or dislike Sci-fi action
RickDubsMar 24, 2015
I've never seen any of the other "Riddick" movies but I was told this one was really good. Greg was wrong. This movie was a complete waste of my time. The acting was terrible. I can't believe i had to wait till the movie was nearly over toI've never seen any of the other "Riddick" movies but I was told this one was really good. Greg was wrong. This movie was a complete waste of my time. The acting was terrible. I can't believe i had to wait till the movie was nearly over to see the most annoying character finally die, and then the way he does is so ridiculous. don't waste your time. Expand