Overture Films | Release Date: September 12, 2008
4.8
Mixed or average reviews based on 78 Ratings
WATCH NOW
Check box if your review contains spoilers 0 characteres (5000 max)
NazguleroNov 17, 2010
I turned of my new flat screen tv after watching this movie for five minutes. If a movie starts off really bad, you know it can only get worse. So why waste your time siting through this ? Hollywood's assumption that you can just arrange aI turned of my new flat screen tv after watching this movie for five minutes. If a movie starts off really bad, you know it can only get worse. So why waste your time siting through this ? Hollywood's assumption that you can just arrange a date between arguably two of the best actors ever and make it work, well...it did not quite work out.
I would say the best thing about this movie is that you can tell after 55 seconds that it is crap. That way, you have a choice.
JaredC.Aug 28, 2008
What a way to bomb there careers.
BarneyH.Aug 28, 2008
I am a huge fan of Al Pacino and Robert De Niro. I thought it would be okay for the cause of the director. But believe me, what he has done here is horrid work. It makes your stomach ache and the question of asking when the pain will stop I am a huge fan of Al Pacino and Robert De Niro. I thought it would be okay for the cause of the director. But believe me, what he has done here is horrid work. It makes your stomach ache and the question of asking when the pain will stop continues repeating itself over and over during the feature. It's ridiculous. People say the scripts good and both Pacino and de Niro were great. Wha-a-a-aWhat?! Thats a mistake, Pacino looks tired and crackes windows with his off-pitch voice as he swindles by, De Niro can't control himself, he just gets pissed off real easy in the movie because he hates that he even accepted the role. But it stinks!!!! I couldn't resist satying. I left instantly once the credits began rolling. All that rock-and-roll, like where's the originality. It's sentimental and dumb. DISAPPOINTING. Expand
TerryH.Aug 29, 2008
I'm not disappointed. Pacino and De Niro collide once again in a side-by-side performance that will bomb their careers. Pointless, it copies many films, and a complete waste of time.
LouB.Sep 8, 2008
Well, well past their prime. Terrible. Just terrible from these washed-up, egomaniacs. Remember when they waited for scripts and worked with only the best?
TVSep 11, 2008
Wow. Just...wow. I thought that Michael C. Hall's defining work would always be David Fisher from Six Feet Under but his performance as Dexter has outshone that and then some. Oh, wait...
LaurenE.Sep 12, 2008
Filmmakers think that is an Al Pacino movie, they don't have to worry about it. But this movie really suck, even if De Niro is in it. You can get great actors, but if the plot is bad so that the movie.
SueP.Sep 12, 2008
Couldn't have been more bored. A total waste of good talent.
DanielS.Sep 13, 2008
this is how i imagine the dialogue in the film: DeNiro " i thought it was you!" Pacino " no I thought it was you!" repeat for however many hours..there's you're movie.
JoshF.Sep 28, 2008
I feel ashamed to have sat through this all when everyone I started it with walked out, save for my brother. Deniro is a shadow of his former self and essentially an embarrassing contradiction, much like McCain. Why would either of the two I feel ashamed to have sat through this all when everyone I started it with walked out, save for my brother. Deniro is a shadow of his former self and essentially an embarrassing contradiction, much like McCain. Why would either of the two leads' agents recommend this tripe to them? WOW! I still think Pacino can act, but this movie is no example I would submit to the jury whatsoever. After all these words, one more: WHY?!? Expand
LevS.Sep 30, 2008
Absolute DOG of a movie. Made with utter contempt and disrespect for the audience. Goes to show, just because you work in Hollywood and you've made a movie with de Niro and Pacino, you can still be a f***ing hack.
RichardW.Oct 1, 2008
Movies like this one will destroy the well-earned reputations of the co-stars sooner rather than later. A horrible mess, with a ridiculous twist.
KyleS.Oct 3, 2008
I can't understand how anyone could find the ending surprising. It was literally one of the most obvious "twists" I've ever seen. Whatever happened to just telling a good story? Pacino and DeNiro were, really, the best thing about I can't understand how anyone could find the ending surprising. It was literally one of the most obvious "twists" I've ever seen. Whatever happened to just telling a good story? Pacino and DeNiro were, really, the best thing about the film. But that's not saying much. Terrible movie. Expand
HenryOJan 6, 2009
Wow... didnt expect this one to be as c**p as it turned out to be, it was the first time I actually walked out of a cinema in disgust. Bad story, very poor performance from De Niro and Pacino!
MarkB.Jan 8, 2009
After making (and getting torpedoed for) Sabrina and Random Hearts for director Sydney Pollack, Harrison Ford reportedly vowed never to work with him again. Recent sad and untimely events have rendered this a permanent nonissue, but perhaps After making (and getting torpedoed for) Sabrina and Random Hearts for director Sydney Pollack, Harrison Ford reportedly vowed never to work with him again. Recent sad and untimely events have rendered this a permanent nonissue, but perhaps Al Pacino should similarly just say no to a third collaboration with Jon the Fried Green Tomatoes guy (not to be confused with Jon the Singing Detective guy or Jon the National Treasure 1 & 2 guy). Pacino's first film for Jon Avnet, 88 Minutes, wasn't all THAT bad--it was the equivalent of a mystery paperback that provides an acceptable beach read but that you'd be hard pressed to recall any details of two hours after finishing it. But his second film with Avnet (and third with Robert DeNiro), Righteous Kill, is a disaster, a thoroughly artificial and fraudulent police thriller that's about as street-smart as a blind man crossing a busy intersection without benefit of dog. Vigilante movies almost by nature range from morally questionable to ethically nonexistent, but I'd trade Michael Winner's and J. Lee Thompson's entire seamy Charles Bronson Cannon Pictures output (which at least wasn't BORING) for this (which IS). And if there's one thing I want less to witness on screen than either or both acting legends having a discussion about The Brady Bunch (proving once and for all to anyone who's still unconvinced that Hollywood screenwriters' Tarantinoesque fascination with ephemeral pop culture psuedo-landmarks has now officially Gone Too Far), it's a mystery whose audience-cheating resolution recalls, of all things, the Which-Cyclist-Has-The-Fatal-Disease climax of Steve Tesich's and John Badham's horrible, instantly forgettable 1980s sports flick American Flyers. Many viewers who felt cheated by the fact that DeNiro and Pacino shared only one big scene together in Michael Mann's gargantuan meditation on law and order, Heat, could at least take comfort in the realization that said sequence at least showed off both greats at the near-peak of their powers. Righteous Kill's most egregious crime is that it renders the two guys almost completely irrelevant, which in some ways may not totally be a bad thing: now that Leonardo DiCaprio has replaced DeNiro as Martin Scorsese's BFF, perhaps DeNiro can now focus full-time on his own superb, 2-for-2 directorial career (A Bronx Tale, The Good Shepherd). As for Pacino, perhaps he can take a hint from 1930s and 40s Universal horror flicks and go for Scarface 2: The Return, wherein Tony Montana, whose Olympic-sized white-powder consumption helped him survive the machine gun attack, reemerges to assume a shadowy but significant role in the hip-hop recording industry. Expand
PatrickM.Jan 12, 2009
I just pretend that this movie doesn't exist and that these two actors are dead. This was the worst film of the year. Everything about it was sh*t.
CharlottePApr 13, 2011
You know you're in trouble when you look forward to the scenes that 50 Cent is in. Marvel as two hacks who should be ashamed of themselves collect their paycheques for making little or no effort throughout until Pacino phones in someYou know you're in trouble when you look forward to the scenes that 50 Cent is in. Marvel as two hacks who should be ashamed of themselves collect their paycheques for making little or no effort throughout until Pacino phones in some trademark hysteria and eye-rolling at the end. Gasp as the plot twist which was obvious from the start is revealed to an audience who by this time surely couldn't care less. Cringe as the dodgy sub-plot (she likes it rough) leads to nasty payback. She deserved it, innit. But the audience didn't. Expand