6.3

1. Feb 12, 2014
    Fairly strong and solid first half that succeeds in raising interest and anticipation, but then the movie takes a very wrong turn and devolves into mindless, pointless action for the whole remaining hour.
  2. Feb 12, 2014
    Holy crap, this movie is so bland as hell, it has stupid storyline and plotline, The main character "Murphy" death is so pathetic and anti climatic compare to the 1987 "Murphy" death. Most of the character is bland and no personality. The main protagonist is a boring guy. Its obviously not worth a remake, the 1987 Robocop was way more badass than this! Oh.......btw this movie is racistHoly crap, this movie is so bland as hell, it has stupid storyline and plotline, The main character "Murphy" death is so pathetic and anti climatic compare to the 1987 "Murphy" death. Most of the character is bland and no personality. The main protagonist is a boring guy. Its obviously not worth a remake, the 1987 Robocop was way more badass than this! Oh.......btw this movie is racist too......... Expand
  3. Feb 12, 2014
    An absolute waste. Terrible departures from the original (Officer Anne Lewis is now Jack Lewis? What), no Clarence Boddicker, and finally, no soul. Disgusting.
  4. Feb 12, 2014
    Needless, pointless, watered down. Also, degraded all the cast, which was made up of very able, very talented and well respected actors.
    Robocop had the Director, the actors, the scenario, the atmosphere and the era it deserved back in 1987... there is no movie called "Robocop" in 2014.
    Poor. You forget about it as soon as you get out of the theater.
  5. Feb 12, 2014
    I'm so glad I got a free ticket to this rubbish and didn't pay to watch it, even so its 2 hours wasted. The film is atrocious, its by far the worst film I've seen in a long time, the acting is wooden, the Murphy character is so hollow and bland you develop no attachment to the lead protagonist and the story is so slow and lame you just end up wanting the film to end as quickly as possible,I'm so glad I got a free ticket to this rubbish and didn't pay to watch it, even so its 2 hours wasted. The film is atrocious, its by far the worst film I've seen in a long time, the acting is wooden, the Murphy character is so hollow and bland you develop no attachment to the lead protagonist and the story is so slow and lame you just end up wanting the film to end as quickly as possible, and the ending when it eventually comes is just as lame as the rest of the film. The 'action' is so cheesy its laughable and some of the acting is cringeworthy. The original is so, so, much better. This pointless cash in of a remake isn't a scratch on the original film. Expand
  6. Feb 14, 2014
    Please stay away from this movie as much as possible. The only thing that it had going for it, but sadly crushed it to pieces after the first 20 minutes, was the concept on how the United States reacted to machines controlling the general population of humans on the U.S compared to how they were using them in other countries, The Senate voting and all the drama surrounding the issue thatPlease stay away from this movie as much as possible. The only thing that it had going for it, but sadly crushed it to pieces after the first 20 minutes, was the concept on how the United States reacted to machines controlling the general population of humans on the U.S compared to how they were using them in other countries, The Senate voting and all the drama surrounding the issue that was much more enjoyable than the rest of the movie. Many negatives like terrible acting, (Samuel L. Jackson was the best in the movie, so that says something), terrible writing which got pretty silly at times and cliche, bland characters and character development, and most of all terrible action sequences. NOTHING in this movie even got me scared to see Robocop died (which I would've rather seen so the movie would finish faster) I don't even know how this movie got passed by Columbia Pictures, but this is just absurd. Right when you think the movie will go into the right way or story, the cast and crew just say NOPE straight out with this terrible excuse of a "remake". If Hollywood keeps making remakes like these, well then I won't be watching any remakes any time soon... 2/10. (Only watchable if you are drunk) Expand
  7. Feb 13, 2014
    This movie sucks, not like a rather andriode is a guy with a suit, where is the gore, where are the good battles robocop, Lewis is a guy who dies at 10 min and where are the policies that make seems more an android than human.
    Do not see it, it is a violation of our childhood and our wallets stolen.
  8. Feb 13, 2014
    What an insult to the original, remember the thought provoking original, the brilliant satire, the now iconic costume, and the violence of the original, none of it is here, the CGI is awful, the new suit looks like a lame Batman knock-off, actors like Michael Keaton, Samuel L Jackson, and Gary Oldman, are wasted, and the action is so generic, nothing at all like the original, this justWhat an insult to the original, remember the thought provoking original, the brilliant satire, the now iconic costume, and the violence of the original, none of it is here, the CGI is awful, the new suit looks like a lame Batman knock-off, actors like Michael Keaton, Samuel L Jackson, and Gary Oldman, are wasted, and the action is so generic, nothing at all like the original, this just joins the enormous list of **** Hollywood remakes of classics, that should be left alone. Expand
  9. Feb 14, 2014
    This remake makes absolutely no sense. It's confusing, bland and dull. I only gave it a rating of 2 because of the special effects. The story itself is utter nonsense, the plot makes no sense at all and it's so badly acted it's painful to watch this mess. The original is far from perfect with it's cheesy dialogues but it at least is a lot of fun, the storyline is understandable and clear,This remake makes absolutely no sense. It's confusing, bland and dull. I only gave it a rating of 2 because of the special effects. The story itself is utter nonsense, the plot makes no sense at all and it's so badly acted it's painful to watch this mess. The original is far from perfect with it's cheesy dialogues but it at least is a lot of fun, the storyline is understandable and clear, the baddies are well defined and everything that's happening makes sense. The remake is anything but. At first, I've been glad that the new RoboCop wasn't just a re-shooting of the old story, copying it scene after scene. After 30 minutes in, I changed my mind and wanted it to be a perfect one-on-one copy of the old story. Because even the lamest recreation would've been so much more fun to watch than this garbage. Expand
  10. Feb 15, 2014
    Peter Weller's "Robocop" dragged through the mud.
    Peter Weller's "Robocop" dragged through the mud.
    It is dreadful to see what you have made ​​of the ingenious template with Peter Weller. Although it has built many good CGI effects and good action scenes, the film disappointed down the line. Robocop himself is really bad embodies, so that you could poke each kipper actor in the suit. All other roles are filled with big names but convince any more. The plot is a joke. Murphy is a robot and he continues to behave like a man. Since it was still credible in the original. There, Murphy broke off contact with the family and was officially dead yet many other points in the film are a disaster but I get upset otherwise too much on. It's a shame what you did from Robocop.
  11. Feb 16, 2014
    Perfectly adequate - yet forgettable. This movie boasts some impressive visual effects and entertaining social commentary, yet never really comes alive through any of its performances. A rather dull climax as well. Perfectly good, yet not destined to be a classic - especially in the shadow of the original 1987 film.
  12. Feb 14, 2014
    It started so well. So good in fact that it had the potential to be one of the best films this year. I was sitting thinking "wow this is gonna be good" when i saw some of the action. 3/4 of the way through....im still thinking "wow this is gonna be good"......and then it ended. The second half took a turn for the worst. To put it simply, the WHOLE of the movie would have been the firstIt started so well. So good in fact that it had the potential to be one of the best films this year. I was sitting thinking "wow this is gonna be good" when i saw some of the action. 3/4 of the way through....im still thinking "wow this is gonna be good"......and then it ended. The second half took a turn for the worst. To put it simply, the WHOLE of the movie would have been the first half if i was directing. Robocop 2014 leaves you waiting for something that never happens. However, i can understand any positive reviews because the action scenes were pretty cool. But for me....imagine your favourite movie ending half way through. It wouldn't be enough, but you would be quite happy with what you did get to see. That's is Robofail 2014. Expand
  13. Feb 12, 2014
    RoboCop PG 13 ? ..... JAJAJA lol NO GORE, NO VIOLENCE NO RoboCop.
    which punctuate this! with more than 5 are children who do not know that 13 is a good movie
  14. Mar 16, 2014
    I was so bored during this movie, just as i was bored watching hunger games. I nearly fell asleep and I yawned so many times, I can't even count it. Terrible movie.
  15. Feb 22, 2014
    What a **** Movie compare to the original robocop Movie ,Hollywood dont make remake if it gonna be ****
    instead throw that Money on humans that need Money idiots.
    ithis Movie should never seen the light rip robocop
  16. May 3, 2014
    This was one of the most insultingly stupid movies I've ever watched. How anyone gave this one a pass, or even more than a score of 3 here, is beyond me, and makes me consider suicide. Let me elaborate.
    I'd like to start off by saying that I saw the movie just now. I did want to go to the cinema to see it, but I decided not to, as I'm not a Robocop fan. But I was excited for it, even more so than my friends who are actual Robocop fans - I liked Robocop's new design, the direction the trailers were showing off... but apperantly, all that had to go do the trash bin. Except the new suit, which was the only good thing in this movie.
    To be frank - the worst thing that happened to this movie, is the Director's vision. His vision was totally wrong, the movie was shot so terribly for an action flick, I don't even know how this dude graduated, if he has even ever considered studying film making. If not, sir Jose Padiha, you need to. A lot. Because what you did to this movie is atrocious. Ugly drama shots, overexposed and too long shots of things that overall do not matter to the plot, no comedy relief in a movie struglling with itself... I have no words to express my anger. How does someone as obviously ungifted as this guy get to direct this big of a movie is simply unexplainable.
    On the acting side we have nothing too - we have almost no one good and fitting. And why is Samuel Jackson there? For a poster name, duh. Joel Kinnaman does a good job as Robocop, though not memorable, he was tolerable and likable. But beyond that - everyone else was absolutely useless.
    Also, the script was extremely weak. I can, on the spot, think up a much better script than what was offered. Not that the original RoboCop had a brilliant one, but it had much more to go for than that.
    I also want to point out, that one of the musical tracks used in this movie is a stolen track from Howard Drossin's OST of Splatterhouse (2009) - it was simply a tad reworked. Even if they did pay for it, it was so obvious that it ruined the whole scene it was used in for me, because not only was it a re-used track, but also the reworked version they used caused the original track to use all of it's appeal.
    And to top it all off - the ending was so stupid, I lack the words to even try and talk about it. Worst ending ever - that's all I can say.
    I didn't enjoy this movie at all. It was one of the worst movies I've ever watched, and I seriously am sorry for all the Robofans out there.
    Just another heap of junk - a pile of ruined potential, courtesy of Hollywood. Also, Jose Padiha - I hope you retire soon, or get actual education. For your own sake.

All in all:

Acting - 2/5 - Not memorable, Samuel Jackson just along for the cash, obviously. Nice Alex Murphy though.
    Directing - 2/5 - the worst thing that could have happened to this movie. It's not bad, it just doesn't go well with the whole concept. Further more - this movie contains the worst ending ever shot. Ever.
    Script - 1/5 - so many missed out opportunites...
    OST - -1/5 - stolen and generic.
    Enjoyment - 0/5 - I did not enjoy a single moment of this movie. It was too long, too dramatic, in conflict with itself and simply terrible.

Overall: 1/5 - terrible CGI-fest of a movie that has no other reason to exist than to cash in on a famous name. The only good thing in it was the new Robocop Suit Design, which I, personally, like.
  17. Feb 17, 2014
    12a/pg 13 bull ****, Hollywood makes more cr*p as it goes and wonders why people pirate there awful movies. This isnt robo cop its just awful generic c*ap with the robo cop wrapper to make it sell.
  18. Feb 21, 2014
    just awful, ridiculous.this movie is an isult to the real Robocop.
    Pg-13 or R it will be the same, this movie is a crap.
    Samule L.Jackson and Michael keaton are very bad actor in this movie, just a good idea, showing Murphy with out is armour.
  19. Feb 23, 2014
    What do you get when you strip out the wit, satire, and ultraviolence of Paul Verhoeven's ROBOCOP (1987)? You get this tepid 2014 remake that has no bite and no satire. This new version has nothing new to say and was clearly made by committee. Everything special about ROBOCOP has been removed and what you're left with is a bad version of THE TERMINATOR. It is important to state that theWhat do you get when you strip out the wit, satire, and ultraviolence of Paul Verhoeven's ROBOCOP (1987)? You get this tepid 2014 remake that has no bite and no satire. This new version has nothing new to say and was clearly made by committee. Everything special about ROBOCOP has been removed and what you're left with is a bad version of THE TERMINATOR. It is important to state that the first 10 minutes allude to a new movie with something to say about American global domination but all of that is dropped 20 minutes in and then the film just plods along with cheap sentimentality and obvious anti-corporate ideology. What a waste of a talent like Joel Kinnaman. Get a new agent! Expand
  20. Feb 18, 2014
    Why does Hollywood change old classic movies around? This movie is the worst remake I've ever seen. Lately, it's just not worth spending money on movies. I'm sad, I really want more original films in Hollywood. At least keep the story the same when you remake a film. This is awful.
  21. Feb 14, 2014
    Not a remake it's a sequel. Robocrap . The 1987 Robocop took a dump and this is the end result. Even on it's own merits, it's just another loud action film indistinguishable from the countless others out there.
  22. Feb 21, 2014
    Honestly its not very good. You rather watch the original than this. The action is good but aside from that everything else is lazy bland and sloppy. The thing that made the original a classic is the story its R rating giving us a deep story packed with action this one is all action with a bland story and forgettable characters.
  23. Mar 27, 2014
    There are movies that are really awful, movies that makes you laugh even when you don't suppose to, movies that makes you sleep or makes you yell to the person that recommended you that movie...
    Robocop IS NOT that kind of movie, it is really well directed, its special effects are one of the best I've seen, the sound effects are unique and the realism of the pain experienced in dangerous places like the Middle East is outstanding.
    But somehow, I DIDN'T GIVE A **** THE MAIN STORY, the wife's problems, or who was the villain after all... Robocop fails trying to catch the audience attention to the main characters an the actual history.
    This movie deserves a 6/10 ... ... But I give it a 0 because there is some people giving it 10 so I have to balance this **** because I'm a ****
  24. Mar 31, 2014
    I have some words for the movie makers, this movie sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucksI have some words for the movie makers, this movie sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks suck

Thats all, god damn america
  25. May 6, 2014
    I simply don't understand why they made Robocop 2014 the way they did... It's too talky and boring for kids... And it's then also too talky and boring for adults as well!
    I know who they were going for now... people called Reginald who would take a flask of earl grey tea with them to the theator.. "Oooh crivens that robotic fellow jumped very highly indeed."
    For your own good don't

For your own good don't waste your time. They set out to make a completely different take on Robocop which is fair enough, I don't have a problem with that... It's just that it's absolutely crap. Very slow and boring.. The pacing is like watching paint dry and the action is just little random flecks of dust sticking to that paint. Better if you bought the toy and stared at it.
  26. Feb 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. boring ass movie. dont bother with this mess of a toy commercial! the action is still with many cut-away shots and in some scenes you cant make out if Robocop actually shot or just stunned someone. the villains are weak and they replaced directive 4 with some called red asset which is actually stupid given how Robocop just powers thru the restriction in the end! Expand
  27. Feb 22, 2014
    Cuando fui a ver RoboCop creía que iba a ser un buena película de acción ya que presenciaba un buen equipo de producción, al director José Padilha director de las dos películas de "Tropa de Elite". Que gran decepción, solamente otro recordatorio de que hasta los más grandes cineastas prefieren el estilo mucho más que la sustancia, hubo partes en la que seguir escuchando esta película fueCuando fui a ver RoboCop creía que iba a ser un buena película de acción ya que presenciaba un buen equipo de producción, al director José Padilha director de las dos películas de "Tropa de Elite". Que gran decepción, solamente otro recordatorio de que hasta los más grandes cineastas prefieren el estilo mucho más que la sustancia, hubo partes en la que seguir escuchando esta película fue totalmente imposible; muy ruidosa; estate tranquilo de taparte los oídos, igual no te perderás de nada que no hayas visto ya en (la genial versión original) de RoboCop del director Paul Verhooven.
    No hace falta ver esta película, solo desperdiciarán un gran tiempo de sus vidas; no cometan el mismo error que yo.
  28. Feb 25, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When this movie was in production i made the prediction that it would be like the transformer movies, beautiful to behold but totally without a soul and boy did it deliver on that. It had none of what made the original a classic. The pg13 rating to the beat with a hammer into your head political message(which needs to stop i watch movies to be entertained not to be preached at) this movie fails in almost every category except how stereotypically bad sequels usually are. Everybody involved should be stripped naked taped to chairs and forced to watch the original while being cattle prodded till they see the light. But yea the movie was bad 1 outta 10 Expand
  29. Feb 20, 2014
    I was open minded as I possibly could be going into this yet try as I might, nothing can escape the fact that this is a solidly made remake that lacks anything to really make you go 'wow'. Good visual effects and ideas, along with a great support cast counts for nothing when you cannot empathise with such a dull lead actor giving such a predictable performance. In the end I thought as aI was open minded as I possibly could be going into this yet try as I might, nothing can escape the fact that this is a solidly made remake that lacks anything to really make you go 'wow'. Good visual effects and ideas, along with a great support cast counts for nothing when you cannot empathise with such a dull lead actor giving such a predictable performance. In the end I thought as a remake it could've been worse but as always, it could've been and should've been so much better. Expand
  30. Jun 5, 2014
    The worst thing about this movie, is the editing! it does NOT flow, it hard too watch. 2nd, the director is awful as well. the movie half way through is alright, but then its garbage! so sad! Makes the orginal look like a classic!
  31. Mar 3, 2014
    Is this another reboot which is worse than the original? Categorically yes. The original Robocop is a biting satire of its time, projecting corporate greed and industry run amok into the future.
    The new robocop is about something. I guess there is supposed to be some kind of issue at what point do people loose their humanity and just become machines. Somewhere it went wrong though because its execution makes for a forgettable if not outright bad flick. But this is a flick.
    Gary Oldman gives a terrific performance, and Michael Keaton goes above and beyond as the visionary CEO of OCP. He's far too likable for the 3rd act radical twist. It actually seems out of character for both the actor and the character when that happens.
    I'd say the 3rd act twist is so poorly executed audiences will wonder why Robocop is turning on his masters so suddenly. Although admittedly the special effects extravaganza which follows is quite the thing to see.
    I appreciate they wanted to appeal to wider audiences, and thus went for a PG 13 rating but that was clearly a mistake. It leaves the fight scenes too sanitized to have any real impact.
    And as much as Samuel L. Jackson is a terrific charismatic actor, it was a mistake for all the news scenes to be by him. In the original film the brief news clip bits effectively portray the world in a subtly bias, and comedic way. Samuel L. Jackson portraying an amalgamation of right wing news pundits is monstrous, yet less effective because it is coming from such a clearly bias source. And you really feel it is less a news show and more an lazy narration directed at the viewer.
    The character of the wife is one note. Maybe she should be more panicked in one scene, more concerned in another. Instead of a generic sad emotional mess.
    All and all. Don't pay top dollar for this film when it comes out on DVD. It'll be in the $5 or less bin soon enough.
  32. Jun 29, 2014
    Okay, so I finally sat down and watched the new Robocop and it was a waste of time. First, I love the original Robocop and it's first sequel, but I couldn't let those two facts play into my viewing of this movie. I wanted to take it on it's own merit. It starts off alright we see the US in Iran with drones, one of them being ED-209 from the original, we get some decent action topped offOkay, so I finally sat down and watched the new Robocop and it was a waste of time. First, I love the original Robocop and it's first sequel, but I couldn't let those two facts play into my viewing of this movie. I wanted to take it on it's own merit. It starts off alright we see the US in Iran with drones, one of them being ED-209 from the original, we get some decent action topped off with what's supposed to be a shock moment then we move into Detroit. This is where the movie begins to fall apart for me. The big argument as to why they need a Robocop is because Detroit is plagued by crime, yet in the scenes of Detroit they show us the city looks like it's doing great. The sun is always shining, there's no visible urban decay, we get no shots of random crimes or violence. The most we get is a scene where we're introduced to Alex Murphy and his partner undercover buying rifles from some guy. Hell, the film crew could've just drove around real life Detroit and captured all the decay and violence they needed without having to resort to sets. Everything just seemed too clean and okay, that also goes for the police station Alex worked in. For a city laid to waste by crime the police station seems quite enough to be a station in Podunk, Iowa. There were no shots of other officers bringing in gang members or hookers, there were no citizens damanding the police do something about the crime in their neighborhoods. Again, Detroit just seem like an ideal place to live in this movie, thus eliminating the need for Robocop. As for the actors in this movie only Gary Oldman and Michael Keaton are worth mentioning. The guy playing Murphy is bad, his wife and child are horrible actors, if we can't connect to Murphy then we're just watching a tin man ride around and pout. And yes I said pout, Robo seems to do a lot of that in this movie. I get it being turned into a machine would suck for some people, but you're a cop who's just been turned into a superhero, you're not confined to a wheelchair or stuck in a bed for the rest of your life. Robo cries about this to and beyond the point of annoyance add together the scenes of awkward interaction with his dull family and you'll be letting out tons of yawns. The supporting cast outside of Oldman and Keaton are 100% forgettable, aside from knowing Murphy's partners name none of these characters stick in your head. Now on to the effects, while good for the most part some shots made me feel like I should have been pressing "A" to skip. Since this is the future we have to see people using float screens and being able to control and manipulate them by waving their hands. There are humanoid drones who react better than humans and every aspect of life seems to be captured by CCTV cameras. It was hard to suspense disbelief since they only set this movie in 2028. It would be a little more believeable if it was set in say 2050 or higher. And since cameras are everywhere doesn't it seem difficult to pull off crimes if you're being watched in nearly every place you're in, thus eliminating the need for Robocop. Just watch what people are doing on the cameras and send police to the scene since you're watching a crime in progress. Also we're shown this exoskeleton worn by military to help on the battlefield, I'm assuming it makes you a little faster and stronger so why didn't they just take that put some light armor plating on it and give it to the police? Thus eliminating the need for Robocop since you can give officers the gear to make them stronger and tougher than the criminals. Robocop almost doesn't make sense in his own world in this movie, if you wanted to put a machine on the streets of America so your evil company can make more money you've already proven you can make the exoskeleton, so why make Robocop and go through all the hassles. The story is dull and predictable too since a multi-billion dollar company is involved you know they're going to be the final bad guy, it just takes so long for the movie to get to the point where Robo brings down said company your just glad it's over. And that's how I felt once the credits started I was glad it was over. This could've been a good action movie, but there's so many boring scenes and even the action scenes seem tame. Like something pulled from a video game cutscene. As it stands on it's own Robocop 2014 is dull and boring, as part of the Robocop line it's worse than Robocop 3. At least that movie is so bad it'll have you laughing. Expand
  33. Apr 30, 2014
    New robocop tries to be badass and it just isn't. It's a kiddy movie re-make. Playing the theme music is just insulting. You know what's badass, blood and guts flying everywhere, like the original. The shaky cam, especially in the beginning, is really annoying. At least Gary Oldman gave a good performance. And why was Samuel L. Jackson there? Having him in a movie doesn't instantly make itNew robocop tries to be badass and it just isn't. It's a kiddy movie re-make. Playing the theme music is just insulting. You know what's badass, blood and guts flying everywhere, like the original. The shaky cam, especially in the beginning, is really annoying. At least Gary Oldman gave a good performance. And why was Samuel L. Jackson there? Having him in a movie doesn't instantly make it badass. So what's next? Kiddy scarface, kiddy pulp fiction maybe? Expand
  34. Jul 28, 2014
    Net bir şekilde beğenmedim. eski filmle karşılaştırınca ; hem görsel efektler hem de gerçek hayattaki teknolojinin ilerlediğini düşünerek eski filmi de potansiyelin çok altında bulduğum için daha iyi olur diye düşünmüştüm fakat olmadı, olamadı. Ne eksik bilmiyorum ama can sıkıntısı içinde geçen 2 saat ve filmin sonunu zor getirdim. açıkçası birçok yönden eski dizisini bile arattı halbukiNet bir şekilde beğenmedim. eski filmle karşılaştırınca ; hem görsel efektler hem de gerçek hayattaki teknolojinin ilerlediğini düşünerek eski filmi de potansiyelin çok altında bulduğum için daha iyi olur diye düşünmüştüm fakat olmadı, olamadı. Ne eksik bilmiyorum ama can sıkıntısı içinde geçen 2 saat ve filmin sonunu zor getirdim. açıkçası birçok yönden eski dizisini bile arattı halbuki ne iyi bir cast var filmde, yazık olmuş... Expand
  35. Jun 11, 2014
    Unfortunately this rebooted version of the 1980's classic, Robocop, was the exact opposite in every way. In the original, the plot and the characters were fantastic but the direction and effects were plagued with the typical 80's garbage that ruined so many potentially great films of that decade. This movie had decent effects and improved acting, at least from Abbie Cornish, who deliveredUnfortunately this rebooted version of the 1980's classic, Robocop, was the exact opposite in every way. In the original, the plot and the characters were fantastic but the direction and effects were plagued with the typical 80's garbage that ruined so many potentially great films of that decade. This movie had decent effects and improved acting, at least from Abbie Cornish, who delivered a great performance, and Michael Keaton, but they ruined what made the plot fantastic. Ultimately, a great story with terrible acting and effects will always be better than a horrible story with fancy editing. Overall I was very disappointed. Expand
  36. May 19, 2014
    This is the definitive remake that never needed to happen. Think about that? Who was clamoring for a Robocop remake? No one, not even Peter Weller the original Robocop. The action is over the top yet boring, and don't approah this film with any knowledge of science because it'll make your head explode from the amount of stupidity it throws at you. Just wait until you see Alex MurphyThis is the definitive remake that never needed to happen. Think about that? Who was clamoring for a Robocop remake? No one, not even Peter Weller the original Robocop. The action is over the top yet boring, and don't approah this film with any knowledge of science because it'll make your head explode from the amount of stupidity it throws at you. Just wait until you see Alex Murphy outside of his Robocop body ;) The acting is boring and not done very well across the board with two exceptions: Sam Jackson plays a Chris Matthews/Hardball-type News Analyst and does a damn good job at it, and Gary Oldman as Dr. Dennett Norton is superb. Unfortunately the same can't be said about Michael Keaton as OCP's #1 guy who seems completely uninterested in the film. Likewise Joel Kinnaman falls flat throughout the movie and often comes across as trying too hard to do a Peter Weller impression. This is a dumb popcorn movie which tries to make some political statements about the use of drones in today's Obama War on Terror world. Yet it doesn't do a very good job of it at all and so it should be taken with a grain of salt and watched with a tuned out brain. Expand
  37. Mar 12, 2014
    This movie has to much sheen and polish to be serious . It was all flash no substance not one trace of humanity trying to break free from his condition and that ailment is UNNECESSARY REMAKES .
  38. Oct 28, 2014
    If you're in the user reviews and you gave this film something like an 8/10 or a 9 or even a 10 then **** you. I refuse to sympathise with anyone who considers to give this dribble such a high score. There is so much wrong with this film that it hurts my brain just to think about it. I love the original but this film is like someone pulled their pants down and took a massive **** all overIf you're in the user reviews and you gave this film something like an 8/10 or a 9 or even a 10 then **** you. I refuse to sympathise with anyone who considers to give this dribble such a high score. There is so much wrong with this film that it hurts my brain just to think about it. I love the original but this film is like someone pulled their pants down and took a massive **** all over it in public. I can honestly say that this is the worst film I have seen this year. So rather than put all of my reason for my hatred of this film into a detailed essay I'll simply write a list of things that ****ed up one of my favourite franchises for me.
    1. The acting is terrible
    10. The ED-209's here are way underpowered
    11. Lacks any effective humour or violence from the original
    12. Horrible dialogue
    13. Tries to be badass but fails miserably
    14. Hate most of the characters (especially the ones who we're supposed to like)
    15. **** excuse for the use of the "dead or alive you're coming with me line"
    That's not even it but it's overall a big **** you to fans of the original so everyone who gives this even a remotely positive rating needs to shut the **** up. Sorry, but you cannot begin to know how much I hate this **** film.
  39. Aug 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. the list of the things I hated... the suit being black, the motorcycle scenes reminded me of the not too distant T mobile commercials... and then again the new batman movies ...hey the suit being black also is like a lets steel from batman... me connecting the dots.., oh well back to what I hate about it, the floating Adams family hand [that for some reason has not deteriorated yet], literally I laughed when I saw it, the fact that he has no prime directives, no real bad guy to speak of,[sorry Michal Keaton I love your other work.], also Murphy's character has a bad personality,his wife and kid are given poor dialog in the movie but the acting was okay, I think I also felt a lot of iron man here too, why cant they just do something original to the series in here...other then the ed209s, I can't really recommend this movie it 's not a good movie compared to what we could have had here.

The things that made the original robocop was... among other things his trademark chrome and black suit, and because of it's absence through most of the movie, I think the movie could be easily mistaken for many other films in todays cluttered market, this could be batman movie, it could be an iron man movie, it could even be a T mobile commercial... but I digress if you like this movie I apologize for my harsh criticism It just was not for me. some people really liked this movie, but I have the right to my own opinion and while I respect all your opinions I cant say this film was really enjoyable for me, but then again you might like it, so don't skip it just because I say so, watch it and make a post on here of what you thought.
    Thanks for your time.
  40. Nov 26, 2014
    i hated this movie it completely misses the point and subtly of the original to give us a lame hammered in drone warfare political message done much better in captain America the winter soldier. Robocop is completely insignificant in his own movie and Joel Kinnaman must be up for a razzie for his dreadful portrayal of alex murphy
  41. Nov 27, 2014
    I didn't expect much from Robocop, I loved the original. It was stupid and over the top but also entertaining as hell and ended up being one of the best action movies of the 80s. The remake, I HATED Robocop. Absolutely nothing good from this unnecessary reboot. I'll say it again, HATED Robocop.

1. Reviewed by: Ian Buckwalter
    Feb 14, 2014
    It's well made, polished, and hits every mark — but is it crazy to want a futuristic sci-fi action flick about a motorcycle-riding metal supercop to be just a little more fun?
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Travers
    Feb 14, 2014
    Brazilian director José Padilha (Elite Squad, Bus 174) soldiers on stolidly, but lacks the Dutch Verheoeven's abiding sense of mischief.
  3. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Feb 13, 2014
    Neither Alex Murphy’s internal moral conflict nor the larger, vaguely satiric portrait of a global culture dependent on high-tech law enforcement seem to be the main point of this Robocop remake, which raises the question of what is meant to be the point.