6.6

1. Nov 4, 2011
    Parts Of This Movie Are Genuis And Laugh Out Loud Funny... But Some Arent. Somtimes I Fell There IS NO CREATIVITY WHATSOEVER.... Because It's "Robots"...
    This Isent A Bad Movie... Im Just Stumped On How To Score It...
  2. Jan 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Robots is my best favorite movie I ever watched. It's filled with excitement, spectacular real-life animation, fun, humor, romance, danger, and good music. Expand
  3. Oct 24, 2010
    its not an excellent movie. its just perfect. the jokes were funny, the characters were enjoyable, and the animation was pretty decent. if those are the same guys who did Ice Age, then this is what you're looking for.
  4. Jan 9, 2011
    It wasn't funny to me. I was so bored.
  5. Jan 2, 2012
    It has a really similar plot to a lot of movies and isn't as funny as it should be but Robots benefits from its fantastic voice performances from Robin Williams and Amanda Bynes. I give this movie 61%.
  6. Feb 11, 2012
    It was weird and fake and too silly. So horrid, I almost puked. Completely ridden with overused cliches, there were at most three times where I laughed, one of which was due to how ludicrous the plot was. Honestly only enjoyable to the extremely young.
  7. Mar 25, 2013
    A fun, charming and hilarious film containing the voice talents of Ewan McGregor, Robin Williams, Halle Berry and Amanda Bynes. The film is perfect for a child to watch and fun for parents as well.
  8. Nov 13, 2013
    Robots mechanizes success.
    The movie Robots is light, fun, and a little bit forgettable. The story is solid but not great and the jokes are okay but not hilarious, just a good kids film.
  9. Apr 3, 2014
    While the film may be a tad cliché and gimmicky at times I still enjoyed the film. There was heart and some fantastic animation. I’d say its worth a rent. If you are watching this film its not that bad the beautiful animation will pull you throw even if the humor will make you roll your eyes at some points. There is enough charm here to keep you entertained unfortunately not enough to make this film a stand out. Expand
  10. Jul 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Robots (2005) is a visually pleasing and entertaining film. It is quite artsy but generally robots and androids lovers will like this! It sets in an entirely mechanical world, where each and every robot is unique in their own ways. This film, the second by Blue Sky Studios is certainly way way way finer than the first Ice Age film. They should have been rewarded a most improved studio kind of award!

I loved the concept and visuals, it is quite entertaining to watch as a whole as it is mechanically gorgeous but in terms of story and character creations, it is a little...lacking. For example, I did not know there was a specific love interest for the main character until I read up on it cause I don't see any obvious chemistry or hint. *lol*

Nonetheless, the film does have an inspiring message and there are some scenes in the film that left me dumbfounded; their version of baby making is hilarious and the fast paced Robot City's cross town express is surely epic. Hence, don't be fooled by the movie poster; the animation is much vivider and livelier than it looks. At first I thought it might be boring but boy, I was wrong!
  11. Aug 7, 2014
    Not the best animated film. It isn't the first 'Ice Age', but it was still funny and exuberantly written. Maybe a few arcs could have been taken out, and some jokes missed their marker, it made up for it with a pleasant story that didn't make me want to wretch halfway in, when the hero usually falls in love. Again, just because it's enjoyable doesn't mean it's a work of art. But still, nice.
  12. Oct 14, 2014
    A funny, hilarious adventure that looks visually amazing, with a decent storyline, and has such a great chase scene, and a great battle scene. Actors like Robin Williams steals the show and are given funny things to say. Overall Robots is funny, charming, and such a delight to watch.

1. If sheer cleverness were everything, Robots would be the best computer-animated cartoon yet…Yet, unlike the very best CG animation, Robots doesn't quite connect with the emotions and humor for which one yearns in cartoons.
  2. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    Robots goes for a color scheme that is cool, muted, instantly aged. Director Chris Wedge wants the eye to concentrate on the gags he and his writers (including veteran comedy craftsmen Lowell Ganz and Babaloo Mandel) have stuffed into the film.
  3. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    It's meant as high praise to say that, very early in Robots, the extraordinary starts to seem perfectly ordinary.