MGM Home Entertainment | Release Date: February 8, 2002
1.4
Overwhelming dislike based on 51 Ratings
Watch Now
Creepers200Apr 2, 2017
This is a rather disturbing feature that is yet to come. And also a floppy remake, and is known to be a bit worse than TMNT (2014). Just don't watch it, okay? Just don't.
MinecraftFApr 2, 2017
KadeemluvmusicJan 12, 2017
Oh John McTierren, what happened to your film career as a great director? Die Hard was the Contra of the 80's, Last Action Hero was a pretty good B-movie of the 90's, Medicine Man (I still have to watch that movie). I know it's hard why heOh John McTierren, what happened to your film career as a great director? Die Hard was the Contra of the 80's, Last Action Hero was a pretty good B-movie of the 90's, Medicine Man (I still have to watch that movie). I know it's hard why he was once considered the land of the greats of action movie nostalgia. But then he threw it all away in Rollerball.

I know a lot about Rollerball's messy remake. The production has way sorts of problems like it was originally going to be Rated R for its graphic violence and a lot of sex in this movie. But unlike another movie that cause a stir (Howard The Duck), the MPAA decided to make the movie to a family audience and give it a s***ty PG-13 rating nobody likes. The director of the film hated the script nearing the movie's completion and cause MGM to be re-shooted and re-edit the final product of the movie which was supposed to be released in the Summer of 2001. But before the 9/11 attacks happened, the film's schedule had to be pushed to February 8, 2002. The movie finally came out and I guessed it right, it was a wasted load of crap. Admidst all of the behind-the-scenes scrutiny over its production, not one many moviegoer see this movie in an empty theater because it was extremely panned by everyone. I think Rollerball is the gold standard of "It's Batman & Robin on Ice" of awfully bad movies. Like I said, the script that the studio (allegedly) think it was good, but hell no the story is s**t, the writing is s**t, and why in the hell did Chris Klein and the entire cast (LL Cool J included) decided it was a great idea to star in this dumpster fire. Not even an appearance by Paul Heyman and WWE's residential Hardcore badass Shane Macmahon can't even save this film. It's like telling all the souless fans to get hyped and see the movie promote it on the TNN Network. The movie was so bad, that was pretty much it for John McTiernan's directing career. No wonder why he decided he threw in the towel by getting his ass arrested for failed unpaid taxes and fraud allegations. For those who have Netflix ( or not), then I suggest you shold check out the original 1975 cult classic instead. I just hope MGM just learned their lesson not to remake an iconic classic ever again. I take that back, they did (The Pink Panther, Robocop, Carrie, etc.) Goddamnit, MGM.
AlekKolchakOct 6, 2011
Having just seen this on cable, I wanted to see if there were any scores above a 1. But as long as I'm here... Not even a so bad it's good, just... bad.
TerryRAug 30, 2009
I've seen better movies in theaters for the blind.
SteveHFeb 5, 2008
A real disappointment - I didn't expect a copy of the original but I didn't expect something to be this bad. I thought it might get better after a bad start - but it manages to go down hill all the way to the end. It is beyond A real disappointment - I didn't expect a copy of the original but I didn't expect something to be this bad. I thought it might get better after a bad start - but it manages to go down hill all the way to the end. It is beyond belief that it could be rated a ten by anyone. Expand
BobbyMar 5, 2007
The Most Violent PG13 Film ever to hit the states. The intense violence, sex, nudity, drugs and blood is insane. This film is one of the few films that somehow got away with the biggest rating mistake of the last 100 years. You see breasts, The Most Violent PG13 Film ever to hit the states. The intense violence, sex, nudity, drugs and blood is insane. This film is one of the few films that somehow got away with the biggest rating mistake of the last 100 years. You see breasts, watch people break bones and get beaten and shattered to there death, you see man on man fights in which the blood just keeps on coming until the lucky one dies. I have never seen anything so intense and disgusting. A shame. Expand
GerrickCJan 24, 2007
God only knows you can't get any dumber than this.
ChrisD.Aug 5, 2002
I'm sad i watched this movie. It was TERRIBLE. Aside the bad acting, you have terrible editing (the camera would cut for no reason... a character would be looking one way, then an instant later the other direction...) There was no I'm sad i watched this movie. It was TERRIBLE. Aside the bad acting, you have terrible editing (the camera would cut for no reason... a character would be looking one way, then an instant later the other direction...) There was no explanation for why most people died... The rest is just too stupid for words... This kinda movie makes me wanna cry :- Expand