5.2

1. StanV.
    Jul 12, 2006
    Didn't think I would enjoy this much when I took my daughter. But I did. Lots of genuinely funny moments, gratifying slapstick and cogent commentary about modern life and family. Not perfect, of course, with its relatively contrived plot leaps. But a good time.
  2. AmandaJ.
    Jun 7, 2006
    It wa stupid but funny when Robin William was acting like a white rapper!
  3. Marlene
    Sep 11, 2006
    I really liked it. I was impressed that there was no nudity or cursing. It showed real talent.
  4. NickA.
    Sep 15, 2006
    A lame comedy full of poo jokes.
  5. Dani
    Jun 22, 2006
    The movie was just okay. The humor was stupid.
  6. KyleM.
    Aug 21, 2006
    I hate giving movies a "0". But my soul is perfectly at rest when giving one to RV. My fiance laughed a grand total of 0 times, and I laughed five times as much as she did. Honestly, did the writers truly think that having the RV roll down a hill or across a parking lot FIVE times was going to have the audience rolling?
  7. ChadS.
    Jul 18, 2006
    When Bob(Robin Williams) is emptying his septic tank, the country "hicks" who assist him sound as if they straggled over from "O Brother Where Art Thou". That goes the same for the Gornickes as well. A better time could've been had with Jeff Daniels and Kristin Chenoweth as the leads. They're poop-free. The same can't be said for "R.V." An even worse offense than the geyser When Bob(Robin Williams) is emptying his septic tank, the country "hicks" who assist him sound as if they straggled over from "O Brother Where Art Thou". That goes the same for the Gornickes as well. A better time could've been had with Jeff Daniels and Kristin Chenoweth as the leads. They're poop-free. The same can't be said for "R.V." An even worse offense than the geyser of crap, literally, and metaphorically(Robin Williams' homeboy schtick, the collective realization that the Munros love each other, and the tired slapstick), is the lack of respect for people who have regional accents and a rural sensibility. Collapse
  8. Feb 28, 2011
    Somewhat Funny..... But Robin Williams Is Getting Bad In His Movies! He Is To Overrated! :)
    The Acting Is So-So As Well As The Plot...
    I Did Not Like The "Physical Comedy" In This Sorry!
  9. Nov 8, 2012
    An unfunny road comedy that's perhaps not as family friendly as its advertised to be.
  10. DamonT.
    Apr 30, 2006
    My family enjoyed it a great deal!
  11. MikeM.
    May 6, 2006
    I have to agree with several reviewers that Jeff Daniels and Kristin Chenoweth were a joy to watch as the tacky family that William's family kept running into. My son, age 13, thought it was very funny, however, and I do think the characters were generally likable overall. Not a wonderful movie, but I didn't regret going to it.
  12. DonnyT.
    Apr 28, 2006
    Yet another nail in the coffin of robin williams' career, and further proof that barry sonnenfeld lost whatever slight gift he had for filmmaking long ago.
  13. GregC.
    Apr 30, 2006
    I have a hard time understanding why this movie was panned. I went with my wife and two kids, and they all loved it. Yes, it is slapstick, and there is one bit about the RV's toilet, but hey they are in a car with a toilet. But the pacing and the multidimensional characters are spot on. We haven't laughed so hard at a movie maybe ever. Robin Williams is brilliant in a role that I have a hard time understanding why this movie was panned. I went with my wife and two kids, and they all loved it. Yes, it is slapstick, and there is one bit about the RV's toilet, but hey they are in a car with a toilet. But the pacing and the multidimensional characters are spot on. We haven't laughed so hard at a movie maybe ever. Robin Williams is brilliant in a role that uses his acting and his comedy. Expand
  14. StuB.
    May 1, 2006
    Completely mediocre, but a pleasant diversion. On the other hand, my 8-year old really enjoyed the movie. Probably worth renting someday, but not worth the price of theatre admission.
  15. GaryM.
    May 2, 2006
    A real nice, entertaining movie for, dare I say, the whole family. Worth seeing, if nothing else worth your interest is showing at your local theater. I liked it, to be honest.
  16. JayS.
    May 9, 2006
    Pretty much everything Robin Williams says or does in this movie is funny, and that is a lot of things. Listen closely to all his quips and I defy anyone to say this movie is not amusing. This proves the old theorem that professional movie critics are terrible at evaluating comedies...in many cases they pan funny stuff, like the many Jim Carrey movies which got bad reviews from the pros. Pretty much everything Robin Williams says or does in this movie is funny, and that is a lot of things. Listen closely to all his quips and I defy anyone to say this movie is not amusing. This proves the old theorem that professional movie critics are terrible at evaluating comedies...in many cases they pan funny stuff, like the many Jim Carrey movies which got bad reviews from the pros. Almost all the performances in RV are entertaining. Expand
  17. ChrisW.
    Aug 23, 2006
    I found myself laughing harder at this movie than I thought that I would. They probably could have made the whole movie with just having that RV hit everything and anything when they are driving and I would have given this movie a 10! This is a good PG movie that your whole family can enjoy. Think of this movie on the same lines as "Cheaper By The Dozen."
  18. TechaiT
    Sep 23, 2006
    Not brilliant but very funny; much better than the National Lampoon attempts at this genre. Robin Williams definitely makes it worth the rental.
  19. AnnabellC.
    Jun 3, 2006
    This is the worst thing Robin Williams has ever done, I was cringing for him as the film blatantly stole from 'Patch Adams'. The supposed plot was agonisingly dull and boring. With this film, the real joke is how it was ever made at all.
  20. MarkB.
    Jun 5, 2006
    Robin Williams (more or less playing it straight, with one regrettable lapse in which he proves that, Eminem and The Beastie Boys notwithstanding, White men really SHOULDN'T rap) [***SPOILERS***] plays Bob Munro, a businessman, husband and father who attempts to combine work with play by taking the wife and kids on a cross-country trip to try to sell a mom-and-pop soft drink company Robin Williams (more or less playing it straight, with one regrettable lapse in which he proves that, Eminem and The Beastie Boys notwithstanding, White men really SHOULDN'T rap) [***SPOILERS***] plays Bob Munro, a businessman, husband and father who attempts to combine work with play by taking the wife and kids on a cross-country trip to try to sell a mom-and-pop soft drink company on becoming one more acquisition of the global megaconcern he works for. While the conglomerate's business practices and goals are certainly questionable at best, Munro is a rather decent, hardworking and well-meaning fellow attempting to do the best he can for his family. In this movie's peculiar moral universe, he is rewarded by being drenched with a geyser of liquid poo. (Isn't it supposed to be a basic principle of comedy to have the rich and powerful be the victims of pratfalls, not the little guy? Oh, sorry, I forgot...this is a Barry Sonnenfeld film, not a Chaplin one. My mistake.) RV cerainly calls up echoes of the 1950s Lucy-Desi farce The Long, Long Trailer and the original National Lampoon's Vacation (especially the latter's last 30 minutes, which are almost totally laugh-free) but I found myself being reminded equally as often of the very strange and unpleasant 1992 comedy Folks!, in which nice guy Tom Selleck suffers endless physical, emotional and financial embarrassments and worse trying to protect his frail, senile dad. Despite a rather refreshing subplot involving a brood of overly friendly fellow travelers headed by Jeff Daniels that pleasingly dispels some common initial stereotypes on both Munro's and the audience's part, RV is a real chore to watch because Williams' wife and daughter are so relentlessly whiny, ungrateful and obnoxious (despite their predictable, arbitrary and clumsily-written eleventh-hour turnaround) that I felt as though I was stuck in the RV with them, too. Your enjoyment or lack thereof of this movie will therefore depend a great deal on what cable channel you like to watch most often: if your favorite is Nickelodeon, the subtext will mean nothing to you, so enjoy the liquid poo and have a ball! If it's Lifetime, perhaps watching this will help you to understand that it's NOT always the guy who's at fault. And if your channel of choice is SpikeTV, then you'll find it very hard to blame our protagonist if he, midway through the trip, strands the whole sorry brood by the side of the road to fly off to Hawaii with a nubile hitchhiker he picks up who could pass for his granddaughter, even if she does eventually ditch him for a fire dancer, siphons off every cent he's got and leaves him completely penniless and destitute to live out his days in a triler just a few yards away from Ennis Del Mar's. Expand
  21. JosephO.
    Feb 11, 2007
    Thank-you for another film that teaches us something worthwhile while making us laugh. I laughed a lot and used my brain very little. Sometimes you just need to laugh and loosen up a bit. But RV's laughs mask its true value as a modern life style critic. Perhaps the negative reviews are more about feeling uncomfortably challenged by a call to reality.
  22. RobertN.
    Apr 28, 2006
    The critics were way off on this one. I saw this movie and came to metacritic to see just how well it did. Insane. I rarely go with my family but this one brought us all to the theater. I mean it is really rare when a movie does that. While this movie didn't excel in any areas, it still makes a great family movie if nothing else.
  23. RyanS.
    Apr 29, 2006
    I am a bit surprised by the critics here. I review films for a living too and perhaps my grade would've been lower if I saw it in a "critics only" screening. However, I made it to a promo screening, packed with families who hooted and howled throughout. Perhaps that added to my enjoyment. Nonetheless, I thoroughly enjoyed it and am headed to the theater this weekend with MY family to I am a bit surprised by the critics here. I review films for a living too and perhaps my grade would've been lower if I saw it in a "critics only" screening. However, I made it to a promo screening, packed with families who hooted and howled throughout. Perhaps that added to my enjoyment. Nonetheless, I thoroughly enjoyed it and am headed to the theater this weekend with MY family to see it again. Robin Williams in a comedy is usually death, but he's the straight man here and underplays it well. Take your family and enjoy! Expand
  24. DerrickA.
    Apr 29, 2006
    This movie reminded me a lot like the Chevy Chase "vacation" movies. In fact those were a lot funnier. I think they overdid the poop humor in this flick. It got old real fast. And Robin Williams trying to be a rapper? haha! Not his best acting in this flick, for sure. I give it 1 star just because of the beautiful scenery.
  25. Oct 31, 2010
    Williams was great! One of his greats that was fit for the whole family. Sure some of the jokes were cheesy, but overall it was a laugh-out-loud comedy for me.I'd gladly watch it again!
  26. Nov 1, 2010
    Personally, I liked the movie, especially Jojo's acting. But the plot was mediocre, and had me falling asleep in my seat. Do I hate this movie? No. Do I love it? No.
  27. May 29, 2012
    Occasionally funny. Robin Williams has been in really really good movies and really really bad movies. This ones kinda bad. Some parts will remind you of National Lampoon's Vacation but this is far from being that good because at times it looks cheap and other times kinda corny.
  28. Nov 22, 2011
    Let me start off by saying that this movie made me laugh, but I didn't get anything out of it. It lacked a solid storyline and the characters were mediocre. But the actors themselves did a good job, and I enjoyed it at some points. If you're looking for a good family movie, this is a must have. If you just want a movie that could sit on a shelf and you can be proud of, skip this one.
  29. Feb 22, 2013
    Long before being cast in the leading role of the Hunger Games, Josh Hutcherson was still doing movies. One of his first major roles was as the white homie in RV. For those of you who say Robin Williams is done and that he doesn't make funny movies anymore, I guess you haven't seen RV. Unlike Williams previous hits, it's not raunchy and it won't tick off any particular group in America,Long before being cast in the leading role of the Hunger Games, Josh Hutcherson was still doing movies. One of his first major roles was as the white homie in RV. For those of you who say Robin Williams is done and that he doesn't make funny movies anymore, I guess you haven't seen RV. Unlike Williams previous hits, it's not raunchy and it won't tick off any particular group in America, but it's still a cute comedy, and Williams is as funny as ever. Williams proves in this film, that a good comedian is always funny, and that you don't necessarily need to be raunchy or obscene to be funny. RV was for the most part a family film, with way too many jokes about doody, but it was still good for killing a few hours with a few good laughs. Expand
  30. Jun 20, 2013
    A terrible comedy with terrible acting and a terrible script. Robin Williams has to regret the decision to do this stink bomb. Also Jeff Daniels and Cheryl Hines what were you thinking?
  31. Mar 21, 2014
    RV is a horribly unfunny, decidedly unimaginative Robin Williams flick that will come back to bite him in the ass one day. The movie is just downright dismal.
  32. Nov 13, 2013
    RV was made for TV.
    An adventure comedy gone array, few laughs that are far apart. The story is rubbish and there is no real message or redeeming quality that can be scavenged from the debris.

Apart from a funny turn by "Arrested Development's" Will Arnett as Williams' evil boss, nobody appears to be having a good time. And the feeling is infectious.
    In RV, the downwardly spiraling career trajectories of Robin Williams and director Barry Sonnenfeld intertwine like the ropes of a tangled parachute, and all the helpless viewer can do is look on aghast as the whole abortive fiasco plummets toward Earth.
  3. Robin Williams is such a great comic virtuoso that it can almost hurt to see him straining to pump life into a conventional, uninspired, sometimes-goofy big-studio comedy such as RV.