4.7

1. Oct 8, 2013
    Although I'm not too sure with the chemistry between a Grammy-winning pop megastar and a Oscar-winning actor (who's going to be in the Man of Steel sequel as the new Clooney *ahem... Batman). JT has some huge talented skills, but he can't act in a traditional style of a poker-esque movie. Runner, Runner has a list of great cast like Gemma Atkinson and Anthony Mackie, but there's nothing new in the movie. I feel very disappointed at Justin Timberlake's movie career status because he's not yet a full Hollywood A-lister and just like Taylor Kirsch and Colin Farrell and even Ryan Reynolds, he's just not making a name for himself when it comes to becoming a musician turned actor. Affleck's performance in Runner Runner is lesser than Gigli and more than Argo. But I think he took a few steps backwards before he even got nominated for his work in Argo. It was supposed to be a good thriller, but then again I just might go see "Gravity" instead. I think I should wait for a rental, but I don't wanna see Runner Runner right now. If you like poker movies, try "Leaving Las Vegas" or "Casino Royale" and maybe you're just in time to play the cards right. Expand
  2. Jan 21, 2014
    Runner Runner is the kind of movie that we not only have seen time and time again but it's the kind of movie that seems so full of itself that it's good that it's really far from it. Poorly written dialogue, Disappointing acting from two very capable leads, and a plot so predictable that you can call it from the very beginning of the film.

I would not recommend watching this at all.
  3. Oct 4, 2013
    Well if this isn't one of the worst movies I've ever seen then I don't know what is. It's like they put the actors up to something they weren't ready for in their career, basically saying the acting was bad. The story just flops on itself and never recovers. 2/10 would hardly recommend.
  4. Oct 4, 2013
    Ben Affleck should stick to directing. This film did not make use of any of the potential it had to be captivating. It was way to easy to figure out where it was going right from the start.
  5. Nov 26, 2013
    one smelly crack word.................................................................................................................... Ben Affleck.
  6. Jan 17, 2014
    Terrible movie, I went to the theater when it was out did not know what this was seen it afterwards I felt like my life was wasted watching this. The story is very Terrible and Justin Timberlake acting is the worst I seen and I watched the love guru and in time(both staring him and where terrible). Ben Affleck acted great although that did not help the movie it self. Overall this movie is about a college student who got scammed on internet gambling and tracks down the guy who owns the site (Affeck) then he hires him to work online for him then the rest of the movie gets very stupid and terrible the end. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Peter Travers
    Oct 11, 2013
    The actors hit the jackpot, but only in terms of their paychecks. The audience gets a tension-free, tight-assed, "Casino" ripoff that leaves them thoroughly fleeced.
  2. Reviewed by: Kimberley Jones
    Oct 9, 2013
    Thrillers don’t come much more nondescript than this: If Runner Runner were a color scheme, it would be beige, with an accent wall in taupe.
    Runner Runner is a bad run of cliché clichés.