8.4

1. Jul 28, 2014
    This is a wonderful movie. Everyone in the world should see it because it's the best thing

10/10 and only just one of my all-time favorite films ever

-a
  2. Jul 8, 2012
    Rushmore is a fantastic movie. It features all of Anderson's quirks and idiosyncrasies front and center. The film is funny, subtle and touching with terrific acting and sharp writing. Jason Schwartzman is a revelation here. Rushmore is a movie that just never gets old.
  3. Feb 22, 2012
    I really love this flick. Sadly I can relate to Max's delusional characteristics. He is kind of pathetic in a loveable kind of way. Wes Anderson and Owen Wilson created the most memorable and dysfunctional antilove triangle in the history of cinema in my opinion. The art direction is slick. The cast is brilliant, especially Murray. The soundtrack is filled to the brim with nostalgic tunes.I really love this flick. Sadly I can relate to Max's delusional characteristics. He is kind of pathetic in a loveable kind of way. Wes Anderson and Owen Wilson created the most memorable and dysfunctional antilove triangle in the history of cinema in my opinion. The art direction is slick. The cast is brilliant, especially Murray. The soundtrack is filled to the brim with nostalgic tunes. It's pretty close to perfection. I'm a gonna give it a 10 just the same. Expand
  4. j30
    Jan 30, 2012
    The cynical Rushmore is hilarious and in some way depressing. Wes Anderson's movies live in this strange universe that are both as intriguing as they're odd
  5. Aug 27, 2010
    It's hard to resist smiling through this movie. It's rarely laugh-out-loud funny, but there's an undeniable intrigue through the oddity of it all, and that's what gives the movie its strength.

Weird, warm, monumentally entertaining comedy.
    It's the funniest, saddest performance of the year in a film of uncompromising wit and heart.
    Seems torn between conflicting possibilities: It's structured like a comedy, but there are undertones of darker themes, and I almost wish they'd allowed the plot to lead them into those shadows.