6.5

1. Jul 2, 2012
    Awesome Acting, Ryan Reynolds does an outstanding job is this movie. Great and realistic fighting scenes. Big Explosions! You get right into the story.
  2. Jun 22, 2012
    I love the movie safe house, and I seen this one in theaters when it first came out. I think Denzel Washington did an awesome job, as a CIA agent who went rogue, and while on the run, he had met Ryan's Character and he gave him some really great advise. He told Ryan's Character to not be so trusting in those he's working for, because they will stab him in the back and they did. This is Denzel's very best performance, ever, yes better than training day. I think when the famous Oscar's are approaching and the nominees are chosen and the movies are selected, this should be on the Oscar's number one list of best movies, and I also think no one should turn their heads away from Ryan Reynolds who also gave his best performance. If this movie isn't consider an nomination for best picture, I will never, ever, ever watch another award show forever. Especially the boring and ever so snoring Oscars. But watching those who you really want to win, will definitely living things up all together. Expand
  3. Apr 1, 2012
    Good Movie. Good Story. Good Cast. Good Action. Excellent film, not something I would see if there was another 'better' option on, but there wasn't and I enjoyed it. :)!
  4. Feb 27, 2012
    I was pumped to say that this is one of the best Ryan Reynolds films I've ever seen. Worth watching since we get to see Denzel and Ryan act with a load of action scenes.
  5. Feb 18, 2012
    52 is an astronomically low score for this movie. I don't know if the critics watched the same movie as i did, but the movie i saw, titled Safe House with Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds was a damn good movie. Ryan Reynolds gave the performance of his career, i can now label him as an actor, after such horrible films like the change up, and the very disapointing green lantern film adaptation. Denzel Washington was of course Denzel Washington, badass, and another perfect performance to go in his book of superb films. Safe House will have you on the edge of your seat and throw you onto an action-packed ride you will love for sure. It will have you rooting for the good guy and the bad guy at the same time. It's pulse-pounding, action-packed, and VERY exciting. If you appreciate good movies, you will LOVE this one, go see this now, you won't regret it. 9/10 Expand
  6. Feb 12, 2012
    The film starts out fast and rarely lets up. I found myself rooting for Reynolds the entire movie and against Washington, of course until the end. Both actors played their roles phenomenally.

1. Reviewed by: David Denby
    Feb 27, 2012
    Moderately enjoyable, in its exhausting way. [5 March 2012, p. 87]
  2. Reviewed by: Kim Newman
    Feb 20, 2012
    Tolerably exciting spycraft, but stuck with a see-through plot. Washington and Reynolds are watchable, but not exactly stretched by these roles.
  3. Reviewed by: Ian Buckwalter
    Feb 15, 2012
    It was only a matter of time before someone made a Tony Scott movie without Tony Scott.