7.3

1. May 7, 2012
    What a horrible excuse for a film. The whole point here was to show ultra violent scenes, not to have a story that anyone cpould give a damn about.. I thought "Safehouse"was absurd but this makes it look like a calm, deliberate masterpiece. Violence, gore, and brain matter splattering acroos the sreen do not make a film. Half the time, you do not even know who is being killed. Also, I amWhat a horrible excuse for a film. The whole point here was to show ultra violent scenes, not to have a story that anyone cpould give a damn about.. I thought "Safehouse"was absurd but this makes it look like a calm, deliberate masterpiece. Violence, gore, and brain matter splattering acroos the sreen do not make a film. Half the time, you do not even know who is being killed. Also, I am sick and tired of the shaky camera technique. I am not a prude but this nonsense is getting out of hand. Pure garbarge. Expand
  2. Apr 27, 2012
    Safe is no thriller. It is, however, convoluted, preposterous, and predictable. There are chase scenes, a couple of gun fights, and occasional fisticuffs--none of which are at all exciting. The fights in Safe are uninspired, messy brawls, done in the modern shaky-cam quick-cut style, which obscures Statham's martial arts prowess. Safe spends 30 minutes setting up a premise that makesSafe is no thriller. It is, however, convoluted, preposterous, and predictable. There are chase scenes, a couple of gun fights, and occasional fisticuffs--none of which are at all exciting. The fights in Safe are uninspired, messy brawls, done in the modern shaky-cam quick-cut style, which obscures Statham's martial arts prowess. Safe spends 30 minutes setting up a premise that makes no sense, and then does nothing with it. The story of Safe is too complicated, and the characters are too simple. There is no reason to care about what happens to Luke and Mei against two gangs or twenty. Statham delivers one-liners that suggests fun 80's action camp. Safe, however, is not fun. It is dull and tedious. We are told much too early what the code is for; there are no surprises. From then on, Safe is a mechanical exercise, void of any suspense or purpose. Full review on my blog. Expand
  3. Sep 10, 2012
    Terrible film, unbelievable premise, cliched and racially stereotyped characters and rubbish dialogue. I wish Stratham was a bit more picky about his roles because I actually think he's a credible action hero. I was hoping the action scenes would save this one but they take too long to get going and when you've just finishing watching The Raid Redemption it seems more like pushing and shoving.

1. Reviewed by: James Mottram
    May 7, 2012
    With Yakin's all-action plot operating like clockwork, an on-song Statham proves anything but expendable in a genre he dominates. Predictable, sure, but equally pleasurable.
  2. Reviewed by: Mark Jenkins
    May 3, 2012
    There's a back story to this, and it's actually sort of witty.
  3. Reviewed by: Tom Russo
    Apr 30, 2012
    Writer-director Boaz Yakin delivers his conflicting elements mostly as intended, and with obvious ambition. But he fails to take care of certain fundamentals - most problematically, coaxing out the emotion he's seeking from Statham and young newcomer Catherine Chan.