tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 2 more ratings

1. Nov 2, 2013
    Sal is a very rancid take on the famous actor. Directed by James Franco- I was disappointed because I just saw Franco's masterpiece As I Lay Dying which was at the Tribeca Film Festival. Sal is very slow and carrying a lot of history and information. It just doesn't tell you about Sal Mineo, it just tells you how he dies. James Franco makes a lot of storyline bunch like a smelly sub andSal is a very rancid take on the famous actor. Directed by James Franco- I was disappointed because I just saw Franco's masterpiece As I Lay Dying which was at the Tribeca Film Festival. Sal is very slow and carrying a lot of history and information. It just doesn't tell you about Sal Mineo, it just tells you how he dies. James Franco makes a lot of storyline bunch like a smelly sub and tries to feed it to the audience, but I wasn't hungry for this type of filmmaking at all. Franco's great enthusiasm must indulge for you to watch the film but trust me, it's not worth it. It's a candle with no fire lit to it. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Dan Callahan
    Nov 1, 2013
    The film ends with footage of his corpse on the sidewalk, and then a scene from "Rebel." From the first footage of the newscast on Mineo's death to this last tasteless film of his body lying in the street, nothing much has been learned about Mineo.
  2. Reviewed by: Sheri Linden
    Nov 1, 2013
    Franco seems torn, on the one hand presenting his subject as a likably ordinary, self-involved actor and on the other sanctifying him as a would-be gay icon in a conformist industry.
  3. Reviewed by: Ben Kenigsberg
    Oct 30, 2013
    Despite its modest proportions and chilling finale, Sal is foremost an affectionate tribute, conjuring ample warmth out of relatively little.