Saving Silverman

1. DanF.
    Jun 11, 2008
    The last 3rd is pretty weak, but it's a genuinely funny movie. Can't understand all the low scores.
  2. StevenL.
    Aug 29, 2008
    I know it's stupid, I know it deserves the bad ratings. But i can't lie, I'd watch it again. Steve Zahn & Jack Black are two guys that can make bad movies watchable.
  3. BlancoA.
    Feb 9, 2001
    The first hour is absolutely hillarious, but as the story "develops," the comedy falls off a very steep cliff. And Amanda Peet couldn't act her way out of a paper bag.
  4. YoonC.
    Sep 15, 2003
    Lots of dumb laughs if you're into that sort of thing. Jack Black however is a superior actor/comedian as usual. And, the female lead is pretty sexy.
  5. MarcS.
    Jan 14, 2003
    Neil!! I wanna party with you!! Yeah it's not the best comedy I've seen in a while, but I have to say that there are two things I loved about this movie.. Jack Black.. and Neil Diamond!!! As far as the movie altogether, however, some of the jokes do indeed fall flat, so that's why I give it a somewhat mediocre score.
  6. JohnnyBlaze
    Nov 29, 2003
    The overall scope of the movie is pretty idiotic and pointless, but the improvisations of Jack Black and Steve Zahn are pretty hilarious. Let's get these two in another film that truly showcases their chemistry. This movie comes off very sophmoric in it's production.

Black, who is creatively marooned in the thankless Chris Farley fat-boy role, deserve better, and so do we.
  2. Every movie Dugan releases looks like something made on accident--tosses yet another stink bomb into theaters for audiences to sniff over.
    I was laughing myself sick over Saving Silverman, a sublimely idiotic farce in the "There's Something About Mary" tradition.