6.4

1. Sep 21, 2011
    I expected "Saw 6" as my final Saw movie. Turns out the movie is better than its prequel; it has the theme of blood, gore, horror, a appropriate (but still Cliched) plot twist, and redemption. Bravo Mr. Greutert!
  2. Dec 2, 2010
    "Do you want to play a game". No thanks Jigsaw I`ll pass.

Gets a "1" because you can re-use the DVD as a coaster.

Metacritic actually insists that I write more about this movie, even though I don't want to. There is actually nothing else to say about it. Apart from that there should be a ban on releasing sequels that take a franchise beyond a trilogy. I`m all for artistic expression, but
    the ideas in this film were artistically expressed enough long ago. And really, if you can't tell a story in three films maybe it would be better off as a book. Expand
  3. Nov 21, 2010
    A definite improvement over the last, Saw VI equalizes gore and heart, and although I feel horribly disgusted with myself after the credits roll, my 90 minutes were thoroughly and persistently entertained.
  4. Sep 19, 2010
    Other Saw series concentrates only how to make more violent and more blood-fleshing; however, Saw 6 shows more psychological traps and dillema between life and death.
  5. Oct 19, 2010
    the traps in the previous movies were even more gorier than the first three and people were like paying attention watching those trap scenes. anyway, Saw VI wasn't excellent, but its so good it is also grisly.
  6. Nov 26, 2011
    It was ok. The acting was decent and the traps no longer relied on just violence but they actually meant something to the person who was being tested. Sadly though the entire plot is just a poor take on a real issue and it doesnt fit well in the Saw world. Its a decent addition to the franchise but nothing really special about it.
  7. Oct 24, 2010
    stupid scary too bloody movie -.- , this is even worse than the final destnation that is even the same people don't want these goddamit awful movies ,...... All things considered, this was the worst Saw movie yet
  8. May 22, 2011
    This is by far one of the best in the Saw series, the plot is awesome, my only complaints are that Hoffman isn't as enjoyable as John was, and the ending was a little confusing, but it's by far one of the best Saw movies so far.
  9. Feb 5, 2011
    The whole franchise is an endless merry-go-round- a detective is found alive, kidnapped by Jigsaw, and put into another one is sick, twisted but fun as hell to watch games.There's nothing wrong about that, it's just when you continue to make installment's to a fran, your supposed to make them more exciting,fresh and still fun-not increasingly dull.
  10. Nov 18, 2011
    SAW VI is a well-directed, but not well-acted SAW sequel that is one of the best films in the franchise!
  11. Dec 5, 2011
    Eh it was ok. While Tobin Bell once again shined in the parts that he was in, The acting (besides him) was pretty average. The traps were lame and not that interesting, The film wasnt scary at all. It was pretty generic if you ask me and it was a poor take on a realistic issue. Really disapointing overall.
  12. Feb 24, 2013
    People bash the series as it continues to go on, they judge it based on its pieces, without seeing the whole thing. If one piece (movie) isn't what they wanted or expected, they give up on it, and they have no idea what they are missing!
  13. Feb 12, 2012
    Solid acting through out. The plot was a terrible take on a real life issue and while it was interesting to see how it would be handled in Jigsaw's world, It was simply poorly executed. The traps werent made for shock value (something I liked), They were made to truely test the man who was being tested (He was a higher up in a medical insurance company and he constantly refused coverage/help to people who needed it, His actions resulted in the death of a man who had coverage but he used a loophole in the coverage to get out of paying for his treatment and the man ended up dying). It was a decent horror film at best though. Expand
  14. Oct 30, 2012
    Ugh this is still happening...and it didn't even finish here!! If the nest film isn't the last one I will hang myself, I used to love this series but now its just taking a dump and shoving it in my face. Ok so SPOILERS Hoffman is Jigsaw and that guy whose name I forget totally died at the end of the last film, now he is going after John Kramer's life insurance broker who refused to fund his potentially life saving operation or something. You know what this is **** stupid I just quit with this film series. Expand
  15. Nov 3, 2013
    Now, this was unexpected. I didn't expect "Saw VI" to be a big step up from the previous two. It's true though. The plot made some sense and had some decent twists. The acting can easily be seen as wooden in some places and the story does have some holes, but what more can you expect after watching two previous movies that are twice as worse?
  16. May 3, 2013
    And excellent penultimate movie in the Jigsaw Killer franchise. It featured a new protagonist. Hoffman's legacy, awesome traps and the best ending for any Saw movie by date. This movie should have got a higher metascore shame.
  17. Sep 14, 2014
    Summary: Saw VI is far from being a good film; But it's by far the craziest installment of the franchise. 53/100 [C]

Special Agent Strahm is dead, and Detective Hoffman has emerged as the unchallenged successor to Jigsaw's legacy. However, when the FBI draws closer to Hoffman, he is forced to set a game into motion, and Jigsaw's grand scheme is finally understood. Saw VI is far from
    being a good film but i really enjoyed it. In terms of plot and characterization, the film is rich. The opening scene is hilarious, very funny, i usually don't laugh watching horror films, but this scene made me laugh a lot.

Moving on, there are here some effective twists and the acting is quite good during the whole film. The main character "William" (performed by Peter Outerbridge) suffers a lot, but i enjoyed watching all those horrible things that he does to his employees, his acting is believable and his character is smart. The film doesn't offers anything new to the franchise, it is basically the same concept, people being tortured, but this one in particular offers better writing, dynamic direction, and lots of unexpected twists.

In the downside, some characters are really stupid. In the upside, Saw VI is filled with lots of moments that fans of the franchise will enjoy, it has lots of suspense and is sometimes stressful. The production is delicate everything looks realistic and well done. The ending is gory as hell, twisted and surprising, but Saw VI is very messy even though i enjoyed so much i have to admit that it is a really bad film only for fans of the franchise. [C] Check out my blog: www.memobosque.blogspot.mx Twitter: @MemoBosque
  18. Mar 5, 2014
    Much improvement from the previous two. The story is better with less flashback and more concentration on a game. And the game actually makes sense this time and is also more creative. At the end I actually cared if the person lived or died which was different from Saw IV, V. However, due to it being just an average story line and similar to what we have already seen I cannot give this any better then 61.8 out of 100. Expand
  19. Mar 4, 2014
    Saw VI focuses on a story of helpfulness and revenge, so it has a meaning. Nevertheless is the movie booring after awhile and the traps can't really improve this situation.
  20. Nov 27, 2013
    Okay, okay... this movie's alright. It's not the best saw movie ever made, but it's also not the worst one ever made. The acting is okay, and the traps aren't that bad. It can get a bit boring (as the fourth and fifth were), but towards the end, it'll get you at the edge of your seats. I actually didn't think it was THAT bad, but it's not that good, either. I really liked the first three.
  21. Sep 4, 2014
    "Saw VI" is a great return-to-form for the franchise. It's intense, interesting, and bloody: everything I expect from a Saw film. The overall premise of the film is somewhat strange for the Saw franchise, and it didn't feel like it fit with the rest of the films. Nevertheless, it's a great sequel, and I'm glad the series can raise from the dead.... that is until Saw 3D came out.

1. Reviewed by: Mike Hale
    Warm feelings are inspired by the reappearance of old friends, even those who had their faces ripped off or their intestines ejected several films ago.
  2. The thinnest, draggiest, and most tediously preachy of the Saw films.
    Because Saw does nothing to alter the look, tone, and engineered gimmickry from one movie to the next, it keeps going deeper into backstory and character arcs than horror series past, as if this ugly, cheap-looking schlock were somehow "The Lord Of The Rings."