5.7

1. Sep 18, 2011
    "Scary movie 2" might have some few funny, comedic laughs to laugh on. But for me, nothing was funny. The whole thing was a pain in the ass.
  2. Oct 23, 2012
    I don't like Anna Faris because she is bad at acting.The direction and the jokes are terrible.The screenplay is terrible and it's bad doing jokes too.I only laughed a little.Why do you think it's funny?
  3. DanielZ.
    Jul 10, 2001
    For me, this movie did the impossible, it made "Freddy Got Fingered" look like a great movie. It looked really rushed, and the editing job was terrible, besides, the movie was just making fun of movies and commercials, one after one, with tons of sex jokes. If there is a worse movie out there, this one makes it look good.
  4. SusanS.
    Oct 30, 2002
    It's just not that funny anymore. I enjoyed the first one, mostly for it's shock value, and had hoped that the second one would add a new level of humor. Instead, what we got was a slew of jokes and somewhat clever satires about other movies and commercials, no plot, and a badly edited film. Not that it didn't have its funny moments--it did. The problem was they only took It's just not that funny anymore. I enjoyed the first one, mostly for it's shock value, and had hoped that the second one would add a new level of humor. Instead, what we got was a slew of jokes and somewhat clever satires about other movies and commercials, no plot, and a badly edited film. Not that it didn't have its funny moments--it did. The problem was they only took up about 1/19 of the movie. Which was definitely not worth my expectations or my money. Expand
  5. J.S.
    Jul 16, 2001
    Funny at times, but the rest of the time really crappy.
  6. Marc-0
    Oct 24, 2003
    Makes Tom Green appealing!!! Terrible.
  7. AndrewM.
    May 9, 2004
    I occasionally like a good gross-out movie, and this one sure has it fair share of gross-out moments. However, it's just not that good, nor funny. There are a few droll moments, mostly funny because they're so silly, but really if it wasn't for the effective aforementioned gross-out scenes, it would score less. Only if you can't find anything else to watch.
  8. MarkS.
    Nov 10, 2001
    Great, the first 10! minutes. Last 85 minutes I couldn't tell you bacause I walked out of there.
  9. AndrewF.
    Nov 22, 2001
    Contrary to F. X. Feeney's opinion that this is clever, this is neither funny nor clever. The movie is about 10% funnier than the first, so it's still utter bollocks but at least you won't be begging for death all the way through.
  10. Shanuiquaduntliveherrenomo
    Jan 11, 2003
    The movie absolutely sucked !!!!!! it wasn't funny at all !!!!!
  11. Apr 5, 2013
    This movie makes the Hangover 2 look hilarious. While the movie seems to have some ambition nothing in this movie was funny. The jokes all fall flat on their face. All the laughter was forced. Maybe the first one was hilarious but this one is complete sh*t. One of the worst comedies/films I've ever seen. Didn't finish it but I'm going to assume the rest was sh*t. Do not watch this movieThis movie makes the Hangover 2 look hilarious. While the movie seems to have some ambition nothing in this movie was funny. The jokes all fall flat on their face. All the laughter was forced. Maybe the first one was hilarious but this one is complete sh*t. One of the worst comedies/films I've ever seen. Didn't finish it but I'm going to assume the rest was sh*t. Do not watch this movie unless you like bad movies. Expand
  12. Apr 11, 2013
    This sequel does have a couple funny moments, but most of the jokes fall flat and just come out as awful. And though this sequel has a bigger budget compared to its predecessor, this feels much cheaper and uglier than it. Scary Movie 2, overall, is a cheap and forgettable sequel that recycles jokes and fails to even produce any good ones as well (though it is humorous at some times).
  13. Jul 2, 2012
    Stick a few people in a set and tell them to go "AARAUIHUIHIDNUIASINIU" for a few hours. That's exactly what you get with this film. Gags that are reused from the first film are nowhere near as funny the second time round, and rather than finding myself laughing at this film, I instead found myself wondering what I was going to have for tea that night.
  14. Jan 5, 2012
    Anna Faris still has her charm but this sequel is too stupid, immature, offensive to even recommend. I give this just awful movie 12% of a good movie. Yeah it is that bad.
  15. Sep 1, 2012
    'Scary Movie' was already too dense and had too many fecal jokes but the sequel tops it. Some parodies are really funny (like Titanic, Hannibal or MacGyver) and I laughed at the characters of Henson, Ray Wilkins, Professor Oldman and of course Shorty! It's really funny sometimes but it got way too many scatological jokes and stuff. It's a fun night to have with your bros but as a actual'Scary Movie' was already too dense and had too many fecal jokes but the sequel tops it. Some parodies are really funny (like Titanic, Hannibal or MacGyver) and I laughed at the characters of Henson, Ray Wilkins, Professor Oldman and of course Shorty! It's really funny sometimes but it got way too many scatological jokes and stuff. It's a fun night to have with your bros but as a actual movie it's just not good. Bothersome teenage girls (except the hot Kathleen Robertson!) and a stupid story. But what do you expect of that? As a comedy it's acceptable but compared with all other films that are out there it's not better than a 2. Expand
  16. Aug 16, 2013
    The first Scary Movie wasn't exactly brilliant but this is a really bad film. They replaced the (in places) hilarious antics of the first movie and put feces humour in it's place. Out of the 4 Scary Movies I have seen this is the worst. I do not recommend this to anyone.
  17. Jun 1, 2013
    While Scary Movie was eye catching, Scary Movie 2 sucks. Progeny spoofs, bloody bad comedy and Anna Faris who saved the day by 4 minutes so the audience won't buzz off. SM2 is a really bad gumbo jumbo movie that is not worth a watch.
  18. Jan 27, 2015
    Scary Movie 2 is a 2001 American parody film and the second film of the Scary Movie franchise. Though part of the first Scary Movie '​s tagline read "...No sequel", this film's tagline compensated by adding "We lied"

1. Reviewed by: Cody Clark
    Whenever the movie's not in the midst of a cinematic spoof it loses considerable steam.
  2. The Worst Comedy of the Year race heats up today with the release of Keenen Ivory Wayans' Scary Movie 2. This one is so bad, even Adam Sandler will be impressed.
    It's a formula and hard to describe as good in any artistic sense, but the viewers who pay to see it -- and many, many people are going to -- will get exactly what they want.