Dimension Films | Release Date: July 4, 2001
5.6
Mixed or average reviews based on 156 Ratings
WATCH NOW
ArkonBladeSep 2, 2010
a movie you could tell was rushed and just tossed out there to capitalise quikly off the first one. there was some funny moments but alot of it just wasnt very good . you should probubly pass on it.
HalfwelshmanJul 17, 2012
With far better jokes than the original film, and with far more competent spoofing, Scary Movie 2 is worthy of a cursory glance at least. The excellent opening sequence which parodies The Excorcist, and the Charlie's Angels-style fight sceneWith far better jokes than the original film, and with far more competent spoofing, Scary Movie 2 is worthy of a cursory glance at least. The excellent opening sequence which parodies The Excorcist, and the Charlie's Angels-style fight scene later in the film in particular are worth seeing. Anna Farris returns and makes you smile once more, but the addition of some formidable comedy muscle in the form of the always brilliant Tim Curry as a purvey college professor and Chris Elliot playing the deformed caretaker every haunted house has to have helps to elevate the sequel far above the other films in this often disappointing series. Yes, it's still very crude and often trashy, with obscene amounts of simulated bodily fluids and over-sized rubber rude bits making an appearance, and far too many jokes miss the mark or come across as crass or insulting to some group in society. At least the Wayans look like they've put some effort into making a decent comedy film this time round, though they reportedly felt that this sequel was rushed and lacking in quality. It may not have the wit of Mel Brooks in his heyday, or indeed much evidence of a brain at all, but Scary Movie 2 does have a little Brooks-style anarchic energy, and thankfully this one actually makes you laugh on a pretty regular basis, unlike its predecessor. Expand
GavinCJul 27, 2009
Not as funny as the first film, but it still has some spark left, most of which is kept alive by the foul-mouthed parrot.
0 of 0 users found this helpful
csw12Apr 3, 2012
Scary Movie 2 has an opening that will make you cry it is so funny but then it falls right of the cliff. The movie offers nothing else to add to its hilarious begginning. Not as good as its prequel.
Trev29Jun 24, 2013
The opening scene is hilarious, and while the rest of the movie is filled with funny moments, it is mainly just filled with a clueless script of random scenes. Still, it brings the laughs.
RikiegeJan 3, 2013
Is the worst of the series along with a quarter.
python2000Aug 16, 2013
The first Scary Movie wasn't exactly brilliant but this is a really bad film. They replaced the (in places) hilarious antics of the first movie and put feces humour in it's place. Out of the 4 Scary Movies I have seen this is the worst. I doThe first Scary Movie wasn't exactly brilliant but this is a really bad film. They replaced the (in places) hilarious antics of the first movie and put feces humour in it's place. Out of the 4 Scary Movies I have seen this is the worst. I do not recommend this to anyone. Expand
PachekoviskMar 16, 2016
REALLY BAD
The first and the third one in the series are two of my all time guilty pleasures.
This one.............yeah.....don't. While the first one was funny, this one is just most times disgusting. Although I still like some parts of
REALLY BAD
This one.............yeah.....don't.
While the first one was funny, this one is just most times disgusting.
Although I still like some parts of it. My favorite part of the film is the beginning making fun of The Exorcist.