5.9

1. Jan 5, 2012
    Anna Faris leave this franchise now so it can be so bad it will stop making movies. As unoriginal as expected and silly, stupid and offensive. I will always wonder why this franchise is making money at all. It has everything bad from all four movies. I do not think the series will ever be good again. I give this movie 24%.
  2. Sep 24, 2012
    David Zucker's second stab at a Scary Movie is about as hit-and-miss as his first attempt. Leslie Nielsen is still great (when was he not?), and his not too subtle moronic presidential parody of George W. Bush has to deal with various threats to the planet from various Hollywood genres, with help from returning haphazard heroine Cindy (Anna Farris) and Craig Bierko, who's playing Tom Cruise from Spielberg's War of the Worlds. Easily the funniest scene in the film is the prologue, which finds Dr Phil and Shaquille O'Neal imprisoned in the infamous Saw bathroom. All the J-Horror spoofs (dominated by The Grudge) are also executed pretty well, but like always with this series, when the humour becomes lazily crude and body function-obsessed, the film achieves more in terms of sheer annoyance than anything that actually makes you laugh. I'm not saying Zucker is a dignified comedy genius lowering himself to depravity for the first time - Airplane and Naked gun were often very juvenile, but this kind of humour was well-timed and balanced with different kinds of jokes. When a film only uses gross-out comedy to promote childish snickers, then it comes across as incredibly shallow and unmemorable. Thankfully, Scary Movie 4, like its predecessor, has a couple of memorable and funny sequences, but the big laughs are few and far between. Expand
  3. Oct 9, 2011
    This type of movie is ever dumb and poor but I always forgave them because I could smile once or twice. But this time I didn't laugh because I was too busy trying to not walk away from it.
  4. Nov 17, 2011
    Scary Movie 4 is not good, another victim to the "stupidity" category. Other than delivering a few retarded laughs the movie kinda fails in every way. The plot is just plain whimsical and I couldn't understand half the crap going on, they parodied great horror movies to create this one stupid comedy movie. The acting is fairly decent but the dialogue is retarded too, it sounded like an immature 12 year old wrote, full of toilet jokes and dumb inappropriateness. Overall, Scary Movie 4 is bad and I don't recommend it to any one unless you're looking for some retarded laughs. Breakdown for "Scary Movie 4": Presentation: 3.5, Plot: 2.1, Dialogue: 2.0, Acting: 4, Lasting Appeal: 3.0. Score: 3.2 out of 10 "Bad" Expand
  5. Jan 6, 2013
    Boring. The only good scene was tri-pod.
  6. Mar 12, 2013
    This movie is actually funny, because it's dumb as Nothing compares to the stupidity of this movie! If you wish the best for your IQ, don't watch it!

1. Reviewed by: Kim Newman
    Worse than Scary Movies 1 through 3… And they were terrible.
  2. And as ever, the jokes are a jumble of the gross, the baggy, the raunchy, the mistimed, and - every once in a while - the refreshingly incorrect.
  3. The humor emphasizes quantity over quality, but the batting average isn't too bad. And where else can you witness Leslie Nielsen do a nude scene?