5.8

1. GavinC
    Jul 27, 2009
    Unfortunately, this installment is simply less funny than all the other films.
  2. Aug 16, 2013
    A stupid movie which is only mildly amusing, and only mildly amusing every 10 minutes. Leslie Nielsen has less screen time to Scary Movie 3 which is always a bad sign. The acting is terrible, the special effects are terrible, the plot is terrible but the jokes are alright.
  3. DonB.
    Apr 16, 2006
    Scary Movie 4 left me disappointed. I had higher expectations, even for a Zucker film. This flim was pieced together and 4-gettable! Like Survivor the reality show, it has lost it's flare. When you find more humior in the Michael Jackson scene than the rest of the film, it's time to stop.
  4. Darkever
    Jul 15, 2006
    Probably the worst of the quadrilogy... There are some good entertaining moments (the first scene with O'Neal is quite funny), but the rest is a mix of old jokes, incomprehensive gay humor and odd scenes. Scary Movie 3 was all another thing.
  5. MattD.
    Apr 15, 2006
    Plenty of laughs throughout. Just don't expect comedic gold.
    Apr 15, 2006
    Funny but not nearly as good as Scary Movie 3.
  7. BrianA.
    Apr 17, 2006
    The movie was actually a lot funnier and more interesting then I thought it would be. After seeing the horrid SM3, I just couldn't imagine the series getting any better - I was wrong. The film was interesting, and the cameos were used to better the film, and not just to get star power into it. I read one reviewer who compared this film to Date Movie, which is insulting to this work - The movie was actually a lot funnier and more interesting then I thought it would be. After seeing the horrid SM3, I just couldn't imagine the series getting any better - I was wrong. The film was interesting, and the cameos were used to better the film, and not just to get star power into it. I read one reviewer who compared this film to Date Movie, which is insulting to this work - Date Movie was 100s of times worse then this movie was even at its lowest. Expand
  8. Mase
    Apr 26, 2006
    Anyone who has seen a Zucker or Scary Movie flick knows exactly what they are getting into going to one of these spoof movies. Bascially you can only judge the new Scary Movie within the genre. I had mostly just a smile throughout. Laughed out loud maybe once. Sometimes we get so use to Zucker's forumla that you can see the joke comming a mile away. Ana Faris is good as usual but Anyone who has seen a Zucker or Scary Movie flick knows exactly what they are getting into going to one of these spoof movies. Bascially you can only judge the new Scary Movie within the genre. I had mostly just a smile throughout. Laughed out loud maybe once. Sometimes we get so use to Zucker's forumla that you can see the joke comming a mile away. Ana Faris is good as usual but Regina Hall is the series secret weapon. She gets the most laughs and makes the most out of her part as sassy Brenda. She may be worth the price of admittance. Expand
  9. JonahM.
    Aug 28, 2006
    If this is the first Scary Movie you ever see, you'll find it hilarious. Otherwise, the recycled feel of all the jokes will totally get to you. It just feels so much like Scary Movie 1, 2, and 3.
  10. EnzoP.
    Jul 10, 2009
    Scary Movie 4 is funny laugh out loud but it still doesn't compare to the first and the third film. Also the stupidness wasn't as high as the second scary movie. But overall a good spoof movie.
  11. PeterJ.
    Nov 5, 2006
    Eh, I've seen worse. Did anyone actually expect any better than a 5? Seriously. I got what I expected. I few predictable lewd laughs. Nothing more.
  12. GaborA.
    Apr 15, 2006
    More harmless and light spirited than any other instalment even 3, but lacked any rib cracking moments that made the others worth watching.
  13. Sep 24, 2012
    David Zucker's second stab at a Scary Movie is about as hit-and-miss as his first attempt. Leslie Nielsen is still great (when was he not?), and his not too subtle moronic presidential parody of George W. Bush has to deal with various threats to the planet from various Hollywood genres, with help from returning haphazard heroine Cindy (Anna Farris) and Craig Bierko, who's playing TomDavid Zucker's second stab at a Scary Movie is about as hit-and-miss as his first attempt. Leslie Nielsen is still great (when was he not?), and his not too subtle moronic presidential parody of George W. Bush has to deal with various threats to the planet from various Hollywood genres, with help from returning haphazard heroine Cindy (Anna Farris) and Craig Bierko, who's playing Tom Cruise from Spielberg's War of the Worlds. Easily the funniest scene in the film is the prologue, which finds Dr Phil and Shaquille O'Neal imprisoned in the infamous Saw bathroom. All the J-Horror spoofs (dominated by The Grudge) are also executed pretty well, but like always with this series, when the humour becomes lazily crude and body function-obsessed, the film achieves more in terms of sheer annoyance than anything that actually makes you laugh. I'm not saying Zucker is a dignified comedy genius lowering himself to depravity for the first time - Airplane and Naked gun were often very juvenile, but this kind of humour was well-timed and balanced with different kinds of jokes. When a film only uses gross-out comedy to promote childish snickers, then it comes across as incredibly shallow and unmemorable. Thankfully, Scary Movie 4, like its predecessor, has a couple of memorable and funny sequences, but the big laughs are few and far between. Expand
  14. Apr 11, 2013
    Scary Movie 4 is the most technically advance film in the franchise (both visually and physically), but it somehow lacks the liveliness (if any of the previous instalments had that) of the previous instalments. This sequel is definitely entertaining and fun at times, but as usual, the humour is still hit-and-miss and the film may take itself a little serious at times and in the end itScary Movie 4 is the most technically advance film in the franchise (both visually and physically), but it somehow lacks the liveliness (if any of the previous instalments had that) of the previous instalments. This sequel is definitely entertaining and fun at times, but as usual, the humour is still hit-and-miss and the film may take itself a little serious at times and in the end it begins to feel cheesy and corny. Overall, Scary Movie 4 is fun, but needs plenty of improvement. Expand
  15. Jun 16, 2013
    You are beginning to see this is starting to get old with its recycled jokes. Scary Movie 4 has its moments but also carries a laziness that doesn't make it has funny as its predecessors.
  16. Jun 24, 2013
    While this installment follows an actual story, it doesn't deliver as much on the raunchy funny scenes. The series is loosing steam. It becomes more difficult to realize whether you are laughing at the jokes or the movie itself.
  17. Jan 3, 2013
    This is the worst of the series after the second part.
  18. Jul 28, 2015
    One of the stupidest movies I've ever watched. It's still enjoyable in a so-bad-it's-funny sorta way. Lots of jokes are funny because they aren't funny, but some of them can hit a bullseye(the Detroit & heart attack jokes are some examples). There's some gross-out humor which I'm not a fan of, but it's definitely the best possible sequel to the first Scary Movie. Certainly better thanOne of the stupidest movies I've ever watched. It's still enjoyable in a so-bad-it's-funny sorta way. Lots of jokes are funny because they aren't funny, but some of them can hit a bullseye(the Detroit & heart attack jokes are some examples). There's some gross-out humor which I'm not a fan of, but it's definitely the best possible sequel to the first Scary Movie. Certainly better than Scary Movie 2... Expand
  19. Oct 6, 2014
    Scary movie returns its funny but not better then the precious films ( 1,2,3 which the first one was a good genre of comedy from the wayans brothers expect the first one and the second one was funny , but to much black humor you can never let a black man have anything to with horror comedies No offense Keenen Ivory Wayans , they turn into a disaster ask yourself one thing why wouldScary movie returns its funny but not better then the precious films ( 1,2,3 which the first one was a good genre of comedy from the wayans brothers expect the first one and the second one was funny , but to much black humor you can never let a black man have anything to with horror comedies No offense Keenen Ivory Wayans , they turn into a disaster ask yourself one thing why would you make a parody of the best horror movie of Wes Craven's classic suspense horrific thriller ? ). A funny movie with Anna Farris and regina hall Grade 5/10 ( maybe a C) Expand
  20. Apr 20, 2014
    This one is even worst than the 3 it's incredible.There is 1 or 2 laughs but the story of war of the worlds is bad already bad why do you pick it to make a worst movie? just why.
  21. Jul 12, 2014
    its watchable, got some good Scenes but nothing more. order 1,3,2,4,5

1. Reviewed by: Kim Newman
    Worse than Scary Movies 1 through 3… And they were terrible.
  2. And as ever, the jokes are a jumble of the gross, the baggy, the raunchy, the mistimed, and - every once in a while - the refreshingly incorrect.
  3. The humor emphasizes quantity over quality, but the batting average isn't too bad. And where else can you witness Leslie Nielsen do a nude scene?