2.6

1. May 5, 2013
    Once you accept this is mostly slapstick comedy, it turns out to be really funny. I found myself laughing hard many times, cause the jokes where ridiculously funny and beyond the usual border of taste. I liked "haunted house" too, but there were too few jokes. Scary Movie is trying to be funny every 10 seconds and i think it delivers every second or third joke... and many of them areOnce you accept this is mostly slapstick comedy, it turns out to be really funny. I found myself laughing hard many times, cause the jokes where ridiculously funny and beyond the usual border of taste. I liked "haunted house" too, but there were too few jokes. Scary Movie is trying to be funny every 10 seconds and i think it delivers every second or third joke... and many of them are really badass. It´s not the best out of the franchise, but i´ll rate it a 7.
    i understand why most people don´t like it. your humor must be far advanced to get this one.
  2. May 14, 2013
    Personally, this movie was enjoyable and I really had a lot of fun while watching, and while I can "understand" many people saying that it's horrible, I want to start saying that this "movie" isn't like the "OTHERS movie" (aka, disaster movie, epic movie, horror movie, etc), and people should know that at least, because while THOSE were horrible and not even funny, this one had at least aPersonally, this movie was enjoyable and I really had a lot of fun while watching, and while I can "understand" many people saying that it's horrible, I want to start saying that this "movie" isn't like the "OTHERS movie" (aka, disaster movie, epic movie, horror movie, etc), and people should know that at least, because while THOSE were horrible and not even funny, this one had at least a minimal amount of thought behind the scenes and it was actually fun to watch. And really, is this the worst movie ever? Remember that, if you're giving this movie a zero, you're actually saying that the Twilight movies are BETTER! Think about that. But rants aside, I don't think this movie is that awful, and if I had to pick a position, this is probably the third best of the franchise. Although, yes, it has flaws. For instance I didn't like that they removed Anna Faris, which was sooo funny...but oh well I liked the new actress enough and I liked the others too (I missed Brenda though). I didn't like also how the story wasn't focused on just one main scenario, but across two or three all together instead, making a lot confusion to follow the story: sometimes it's Paranormal Activity, sometimes Evil Dead, sometimes another. It's just not focused enough on certain aspects, unlike other Scary Movies (for example, SC3 was focused on The Ring, and SC4 was focused on The War of the Worlds). The jokes also weren't exactly stellar in comparison to the previous movies...but really liked how stupid they were, because while they weren't exactly genius, they were just freaking funny. Immature? Yes. Silly? Yes. Idiotic at best? YES at least it wasn't filled with really bad puns, stupid pop culture references that usually made no sense...and singing jokes? But yes, these jokes aren't as good as the previous Scary Movies, but they are FAR superior than the ones present in the "OTHER" Movies. At least they made me laugh. Honestly, I will never understand how this movie was bashed so hard, and probably never will: it's not horrible, but it's not even great, but it's not worth all that bashing in my opinion because at least it took some planning and some effort. I'm not gonna defend it anyway, mainly because, like I said, it has flaws and maybe it should have more focus on some parts, more funny jokes, and the old actors back, but as it is it's NOT horrible, but still a bit of a disappointment. But is it worth the zero? My answer is no. If you're a fan of the old Scary Movies, you probably won't really like it as much, cause of the stupidity of the jokes and the lack of focus on the parodies; If you hated the "OTHER" movie series, you might like this a bit more, since it has better jokes. Best advice, however, is to see for yourself, and hate/enjoy it for what it is: a parody flick. Expand
  3. Apr 12, 2013
    i thought that it was funny it could have been funnier like the previous installments and it could have been longer but overall i enjoyed it good movie 7/10
  4. Apr 13, 2013
    I thought this was going to be really bad and i think if it was a longer movie i would have got tired of it but there were a few good laughs and with it being a short movie it did not have time to get on my nerves its worth a watch but don't expect to much and you will be ok.
  5. Apr 13, 2013
    I originally had low hopes. But it turned out it is the best one yet on the franchise. To get some of the jokes you have had to see some of the paranormal activities and black swan. I would recommend seeing evil dead and mama before you see it but you don't have too.
  6. Apr 13, 2013
    It's a stupidly-funny movie, these parody movies are so lame, so sick of it already well i am not. They did a justice doing a parody of Paranormal Activity, especially Black Swan. Ashley Tisdale's poor performance made it a more laughable and formulated at its finest. Scary Movie 1 is definitely the best & Scary Movie 2 is the lamest. 1 THUMBS UP!
  7. Apr 21, 2013
    For a movie that has uber-crap reviews, its actually not that bad. There are parts that made me laugh out loud, as well as some scary parts, which were welcome. The good parts definitely outweigh the bad. 9/10
  8. Apr 21, 2013
    Seriously, who does even rate this kind of movie??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  9. Apr 12, 2013
    First of all I thought the movie was going to be lame but i really enjoyed it. It's better than scary movie 2 but not as good as scary movie 3 or 1.
  10. Jun 13, 2013
    I pissed my pants it was freaking funny!! What is with all the hate. Apparently nobody sees a good movie when they see one. Hope they make another one. Ashley Tisdael was so hot.
  11. Jun 22, 2013
    If you are a guy and want to see this, with your girlfriend, don't! I did it and during the whole date, she kept saying how auwful the movie was! To be honest, in some parts, it could had been better, but I really laughed. Scary movie 1,2 and 3 were the best. After them, 4 was good and 5 mediocre, in comparison with the rest. I laughed at the top of my lungs, at some moments and let's justIf you are a guy and want to see this, with your girlfriend, don't! I did it and during the whole date, she kept saying how auwful the movie was! To be honest, in some parts, it could had been better, but I really laughed. Scary movie 1,2 and 3 were the best. After them, 4 was good and 5 mediocre, in comparison with the rest. I laughed at the top of my lungs, at some moments and let's just remember, that this is a parody! It is made to humilate bad thrillers! So a bad plot, bad performances, bad direction are all in the schedule! Definetely, some parts of the movie were unwatchable! Not only, they were not funny, but were so lame, that you wanted to shoot yourself. The fact is that overall, it was good. Just good. Yet, I have to say that I watched it, only because ''Iron Man 3'' was full and there wasn't any other movie, at the cinema. I got stuck with this and it was good up to a point. Expand
  12. Dec 17, 2013
    this is awesome your all smoking snoop dogs massive joint right now I cant even tell why so many of you people don't know what comedy is plus all the people hating probley didn't even see the movie they just said Lindsey lohan, Charlie sheen=crap
  13. May 31, 2014
    Just like the rest of the series, the humor here is juvenile, crass, and low-brow. However if you're willing to turn off the part of your brain that must take everything seriously you'll find plenty of stupid humor to laugh at. Admittedly I am pretty easily amused, but this movie provided plenty of moments where I was rolling on the floor. It may not be the best or the smartest entry inJust like the rest of the series, the humor here is juvenile, crass, and low-brow. However if you're willing to turn off the part of your brain that must take everything seriously you'll find plenty of stupid humor to laugh at. Admittedly I am pretty easily amused, but this movie provided plenty of moments where I was rolling on the floor. It may not be the best or the smartest entry in the series, but I still found it to be pretty hilarious. My total score is a 9.2/10=Amazing. Expand
  14. Mar 1, 2014
    Garbage just plain garbage. Horrible story line. Some funny parts along the way but most of the laughs feel forced and fake. I'm embarrassed to say that this is part of the scary movie franchise
  15. Nov 23, 2014
    Scary Movie 5 me dejó un poco sorprendido, esperaba una película mala que contendría un débil atractivo, sin embargo (y para mi sorpresa) fue otra historia.

Scary Movie 5 no solo se burla de películas del género de terror, también se burla de películas de otros géneros., entre algunas de las tantas películas que burlan se encuentran Inception, The Help, Paranormal Activity, Mama, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, The Cabin in the Woods, entre otras.

La película acierta bien con las burlas, ya que lo hace de una forma cómica y un tanto eficaz., por lo tanto, el film logro estar por encima de mis expectativas y, en conclusión, fue entretenido.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 16 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Leah Churner
    Apr 17, 2013
    SM5 tanked opening weekend, which may toll the knell for this property.
  2. Reviewed by: Pete Vonder Haar
    Apr 15, 2013
    Scary Movie V murdered my capacity to feel joy.
  3. Reviewed by: Neil Smith
    Apr 15, 2013
    That every jibe lands woefully wide is no surprise, though we’ll give leading lady Ashley Tisdale credit for giving her all to a film that mercifully won’t be around long enough to do any lasting damage to her post-High School Musical career.