8.9

1. Sep 16, 2013
    A powerful film that will stick with you until you take your last breath, it goes in depth at what happened in those concentration camps during World War 2. The black and white aspect to it just adds to the reality.
  2. Sep 3, 2014
    Considered to be one of the most powerful films since the beginning of film. Steven Spielberg's devastating look at the Holocaust is both personal and sorrowful. Spielberg's decision to film in black-and-white creates a vivid nightmare.
  3. Sep 10, 2011
    Although the story's a little biased towards the Jews, The sad, realistic WW2 masterpiece "Schindler's list" succeeds seducing the audience with sensational performances from Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes and marvelous directing from Steven Spielberg.
  4. Oct 27, 2013
    It's a masterpiece, in general, an accurate and amazingly written screenplay about a man who realized that these suffering people were no different than him and his party. Liam Neeson's acting is superb, but Ralph Fiennes is something else, something that is complicated, sadistic, and overall, pure evil. My ancestors perished in a concentration camp. This story gives the Jews what theyIt's a masterpiece, in general, an accurate and amazingly written screenplay about a man who realized that these suffering people were no different than him and his party. Liam Neeson's acting is superb, but Ralph Fiennes is something else, something that is complicated, sadistic, and overall, pure evil. My ancestors perished in a concentration camp. This story gives the Jews what they deserved; some sympathy. It's realistic and compassionate and one of the greatest films ever made. Spielberg will go down in history one of the top film directors (right below Stanley Kubrick). Expand
  5. Nov 4, 2013
    This movie is a heartbreaking masterpiece. Directed by Steven Spielberg, "Schindler's List" is a powerful, superbly acted, fantastic example of what a movie should be like. The cast is brilliant with Liam Neeson playing Oskar Schindler, Ben Kingsley playing Ihtzak Stern and Ralph Fiennes playing Amon Goeth.
  6. Mar 11, 2015
    Liam Neeson, Ben Kingsley, and Ralph Fiennes are probably some of the best actors in Hollywood, and together, they made this movie fantastic. This is one of Steven Spielberg's great films, and it deserved Best Picture during the Oscars. The acting is excellent, the story is gripping, the cinematography is amazing, and the music is spellbinding. Still, I found certain parts disturbing.Liam Neeson, Ben Kingsley, and Ralph Fiennes are probably some of the best actors in Hollywood, and together, they made this movie fantastic. This is one of Steven Spielberg's great films, and it deserved Best Picture during the Oscars. The acting is excellent, the story is gripping, the cinematography is amazing, and the music is spellbinding. Still, I found certain parts disturbing. Watching some of those recreations of the Holocaust were very upsetting and depressing. It's a both sad and happy film, if you think about it. Definitely a must see. Expand
  7. Apr 24, 2015
    There have been numerous documentaries and dramatic productions focusing on the Holocaust, including a television mini-series which many consider to be the definitive work. As a result, in deciding to film Schindler's List, director Steven Spielberg (Jurassic Park) set an imposing task for himself. His vision needed to differ from that of the film makers who preceded him, yet the finishedThere have been numerous documentaries and dramatic productions focusing on the Holocaust, including a television mini-series which many consider to be the definitive work. As a result, in deciding to film Schindler's List, director Steven Spielberg (Jurassic Park) set an imposing task for himself. His vision needed to differ from that of the film makers who preceded him, yet the finished product had to remain faithful to the unforgettable images which represent the legacy of six million massacred Jews. Those who see this motion picture will witness Spielberg's success.

The film opens in September of 1939 in Krakow, Poland, with the Jewish community under increasing pressure from the Nazis. Into this tumult comes Oskar Schindler (Liam Neeson), a Nazi businessman interested in obtaining Jewish backing for a factory he wishes to build. He makes contact with Itzhak Stern (Ben Kingsley), an accountant, to arrange financial matters. For a while, there is no interest and nothing happens.

Spielberg elected to film this motion picture in black-and-white, and it's impossible to argue with his choice. Director of Photography Janusz Kaminski has made effective use of shadow and light, meticulously limiting the application of hue. The opening scene is in color, as is the closing sequence (which features the surviving "Schindler Jews", each accompanied by the actor who played their character, placing a stone on their savior's grave). There are also two instances when color is allowed to bleed into the blacks, whites, and grays. One little girl's jacket appears red so that she stands out from the masses, and a pair of candles burn with orange flames. When color is used, it makes a point and an impression.

Of course the Holocaust images are grim, but scenes of mass graves and exhumed bodies are not unique to Schindler's List. While it's impossible to deny their power, potentially more distubing are the instances of callous, individual murder. Spielberg doesn't spare his audience when it comes to sudden violence or the dehumanizing factors involved in such events. After all, Jews were viewed as "vermin." Schindler's List is replete with moments like this.

The acting is uniformly excellent. Liam Neeson's Schindler is shown in all his complexity, and his transformation is played with studied control. This is no sudden reversal of philosophy, but a matter of conscience that slowly dawns on the man. With a keen sense of Schindler's character, Neeson depicts the metamorphosis from self-centered businessman to driven messiah.

Despite the grisly subject matter, this movie is essentially about uncovering a kernel of hope and dignity in the midst of a monstrous tragedy. The story of Oskar Schindler's sacrifices for the Jews sets this apart from other Holocaust dramas. Uncompromising in its portrayal of good, evil, and all the shades in between, Schindler's List offers a clear view of human nature laid bare: hatred, greed, lust, envy, anger, and, most important of all, empathy and love. Because this film touches us so deeply, the catharsis has a power that few -- if any -- other moments in film history can match. And that's what establishes this as a transcendent motion picture experience.
  8. chw
    Jul 18, 2014
    Schindler's List was a great movie, but I think they could have made it a bit shorter because it would still be a fantastic movie with some parts cut out.
  9. Jul 29, 2014
    The film boasts a powerful true story that supports its plot. While it has unquestionable qualities, "Schindler's List" does not really achieve much more than telling a story in a not-so-distinctive way. There are indeed some very good performances, some nice screen tricks, but it generally sticks to the blockbuster-oriented way Hollywood opts for narrating history. Remarks actively madeThe film boasts a powerful true story that supports its plot. While it has unquestionable qualities, "Schindler's List" does not really achieve much more than telling a story in a not-so-distinctive way. There are indeed some very good performances, some nice screen tricks, but it generally sticks to the blockbuster-oriented way Hollywood opts for narrating history. Remarks actively made here are so few, that it hardly deserves to be called a classic. Expand
  10. Oct 23, 2013
    I have watched this so many times I don't even remember. Has to be one of my top five favourite movies of all time. There are no words for it. Every scene rips through your soul and makes you shudder, but not in a sappy kind of way. But in the sense that you wonder if mankind is even capable of such barbarity. There is no effort to make you cry and feel sorry for the devastation of livingI have watched this so many times I don't even remember. Has to be one of my top five favourite movies of all time. There are no words for it. Every scene rips through your soul and makes you shudder, but not in a sappy kind of way. But in the sense that you wonder if mankind is even capable of such barbarity. There is no effort to make you cry and feel sorry for the devastation of living breathing human beings, but on the contrary, the narration is objective and kind of lists the series of events without pretence. That's why it is so raw, and you draw your own meanings from it. Whole scenes pass without any background music to tell you how you should feel about it. Makes you experience war in a disturbingly intimate manner, like you are a spectator, watching silently as murder is committed before your very eyes, and you don't have the spine to make it stop. It is only later, when it's all done, and it's time for reflection, that the score sets in. And I couldn't find it in me to resist the tears. The scenes about the little girl in the red coat were especially unbearable. The score is so haunting and chilling that it picks you up and sets you in a whole different environment. The running time runs extremely fast. I'm aware that some of us may not have the level of concentration to sit through a three hour epic, but whoever prides himself in being able to appreciate art will have no problems. Expand
  11. May 26, 2014
    Liam Nesson provides an good act and Mr. Spielberg's amazing direction (As always) creates the great film experience of the years. This film will make even the strongest and stoic people feel a emotional tug. Don't pass the opportunity to watch this film. Don't.
  12. Jan 3, 2014
    3 horas do mais puro realismo sobre o holocausto. A Lista de Schindler um filme de partir o coração, uma obra prima do cinema moderno consegue se manter esteticamente deslumbrante com fotografia magistral e teor histórico relevante que impossível de ser descartado.
  13. Aug 21, 2010
    unless you are a skin head , nazi , or a racist you can not hate this film . this is some of the best film making ever to be done . this is easily spielburgs best film . we all learn in school about what happend to the jews in WWII and most of us just think that sucked and dont think about it much more . well this movie gives a visual view and performances that really make you think aboutunless you are a skin head , nazi , or a racist you can not hate this film . this is some of the best film making ever to be done . this is easily spielburgs best film . we all learn in school about what happend to the jews in WWII and most of us just think that sucked and dont think about it much more . well this movie gives a visual view and performances that really make you think about it alot more . it shows the monsters of humanity in there most vicous form and makes you think . which is very rare in film making . the acting in this film is some of the best ive ever seen raph fines who does amon goth the head of the jewish camp does him so well he comes off more scary then any hollywood monster ive seen . liam neison gives a outstanding perfromance as well as oscar shcindler as we wach a man start off only caring about the jews to make money off of start to see he's working for monsters and has to do something to help. the black and white look was a great idea for this film . it almost makes you feel you are waching a WWII documentory and theese events are really happening . even when you relise you are waching a hollywood film still doesnt change that this is based on actaul events . its a film every one should see atleast once . it is bloody and gory and extremely violent but to do it less then it was woulda been a shame to water down the horrors that happend back then and not tell the story of what the jews really went through in that peroid of time. it is some thing every one should know about so they truely under stand why the nazie's where the scum of the earth. Expand
  14. May 4, 2011
    My girlfriend and I were watching this together, she dozed off, I switched channels to watch a football match. One of the most boring movies ever made. Totally lifeless. The black and white doesn't help, and neither does the cinematography. The character were so totally flat, please, who would really care if they live or die ? Just goes to show you that even big names like Spielberg canMy girlfriend and I were watching this together, she dozed off, I switched channels to watch a football match. One of the most boring movies ever made. Totally lifeless. The black and white doesn't help, and neither does the cinematography. The character were so totally flat, please, who would really care if they live or die ? Just goes to show you that even big names like Spielberg can throw interceptions... Expand
  15. Jan 24, 2012
    Outstanding! Great performances, insightful, powerful, and touching argument; yet not overly emotional. Beautiful phography, and it is mostly historically accurate- I guess some changes were made- and well, the movies is much, much more! If you haven't seen it, just go and do it...no comments here will be good enough. So experience it yourself for watching this movie, independently of howOutstanding! Great performances, insightful, powerful, and touching argument; yet not overly emotional. Beautiful phography, and it is mostly historically accurate- I guess some changes were made- and well, the movies is much, much more! If you haven't seen it, just go and do it...no comments here will be good enough. So experience it yourself for watching this movie, independently of how you feel when you finish doing it, is 'A MUST' for all those who, as myself, love the performing arts. Expand
  16. Feb 5, 2012
    Perhaps the most powerful movie I have ever seen. Every person on the planet should watch this movie at least once in their life. A Masterpiece that I will never forget.
  17. Apr 26, 2013
    this movie is a gem there is a good movie and there is a great movie and there is a gem which is something you get to see few times in a life time Steven Spielberg is a spectacular director with this amazing ideas and amazing talent and you get to see all that in this movie from start to finish i can't really think of anything negative about this one this movie simply change your viewsthis movie is a gem there is a good movie and there is a great movie and there is a gem which is something you get to see few times in a life time Steven Spielberg is a spectacular director with this amazing ideas and amazing talent and you get to see all that in this movie from start to finish i can't really think of anything negative about this one this movie simply change your views about humanity waw. Expand
  18. Jan 23, 2013
    A near perfect movie. Although sometimes a bit slow, Schindler's List a thoughtful and brutal portrait of the tragedy that was the Holocaust. Spielberg's directing is wonderful, but what really makes the movie are the performances from Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes, which are perfect in every way.
  19. Nov 9, 2012
    There were definitely some profound glimpses of cinematic power in this beloved classic. But it bored the f**k out of me.
  20. Jan 19, 2015
    Sappy, manipulative and a ridiculously oversimplified version of the Holocaust.
    Sappy, manipulative and a ridiculously oversimplified version of the Holocaust.
    Spielberg has made a name for himself in the film industry by reducing serious subjects to the lowest denominator until it's no more than any mawkish family melodrama. Why should a movie about the Holocaust be any different? Schindler's List is an aesthetic mess and exemplifies everything that's wrong about Hollywood.
    First off, the movie's primary focus is to show us how Oscar Schindler, a slave owner aiming to run his factories through jew labour for monetary profit, turns into a defender of jews' rights and the protector of their lives. But the problem is Schindler's transformation is portrayed in an extremely poor way. In fact, there is no transformation. Midpoint in the film, the Schindler persona has disappeared, and we have a new character clothed in the same flesh -- a self-sacrificing philanthropist who spends his entire amassed fortune to save the Jew workers. How did we get from one to the other?
    And then we have Amon Goeth. He's an evil, sadistic, Jew-hating Nazi - but do we get to know why he wakes up every morning, takes a swig of booze and snipes Jew prisoners for fun? No. Spielberg thinks the answer is obvious -- he's a Nazi, and Nazis don't have reasons for the things they do. The attempt to add depth to Göeth's character by dwelling on his twisted love affair with a Jewish girl is easily seen for what it is -- a cheap exposure of Nazi hypocrisy. The true intrigue, the true horror of the Holocaust does not lie in brutality alone, but rather in Hannah Arendt's "banality of evil". How can a man (or millions of men) arbitrarily narrow the moral sphere to exclude people seemingly no different from neighbours, friends and family?
    Another problem is the accent. There are English-speaking films and then there are German-speaking films. Schindler's List, on the other hand, does not belong to either of these categories. One of the truly unforgivable aspects of the film is the ending. When Schindler took off his gold ring and blubbered "I could have saved one more", I experienced a feeling of mild revulsion. Spielberg's invariable resort to sentimentality is quintessentially Hollywood, quintessentially cheesy and quintessentially inappropriate for the subject matter of the film. Schindler's List is technically brilliant but Spielberg is a director of extremely limited vision. His moral and intellectual depth is that of a child (and the funny part is Schindler's List may be the most mature movie Spielberg has made till now).
  21. Apr 26, 2015
    Painful to watch, its a film that still leaves every human with a haunting reminder of how evil engulfed a nation years ago, and encourages to never make the same mistake ever again, but amidst the dark atmosphere of death we all know that we are still facing the conflict on a smaller scale now that tends to grow back again.

Steven Spielberg crafts together a beautiful yet

Steven Spielberg crafts together a beautiful yet controversially emotionally powerful film, that is as heartbreaking in climax, its a masterful film that still handles the subject essentially.

A powerful film of remembrance that has been made clear so that we may remember the Holocaust and how it changed the future so we may remember this was an evil past, so that we may not be doomed to repeat it.

undeniably Powerful.
  22. Dec 22, 2013
    This is, undoubtedly, Steven Spielberg's best movie ever. A touching story truly depicting the horror and pain that Jews people had to suffer under Nazi regime. Liam Neeson's acting was so perfect that you certainly couldn't ask for a better actor.
  23. Sep 26, 2011
    A historical drama detailing the life of Oskar Schindler, who used his money to save over a thousand Jews during the Second World War. Seen as a sort of companion piece to Spielberg's other war epic Saving Private Ryan (1998) , this film is more factual and contains less action so that when you do see it, it is all the more horrifying. I was blown away by Liam Neeson's performance and IA historical drama detailing the life of Oskar Schindler, who used his money to save over a thousand Jews during the Second World War. Seen as a sort of companion piece to Spielberg's other war epic Saving Private Ryan (1998) , this film is more factual and contains less action so that when you do see it, it is all the more horrifying. I was blown away by Liam Neeson's performance and I now consider it his best role, next only to Michael Collins. Another notable performance is Ralph Fiennes as the evil, cold blooded and militant psycho Amon Goeth, who was hung after Germany surrended for crimes against humanity. My only complaints would be that the accents are sometimes difficult to make out and that it is heavily depressing. Expand
  24. Oct 18, 2014
    Obra maestra absoluta, devastadora, cruda, impresionante. No se hace pesada pese durar 3 horas, te mantiene en tensión todo el rato. Actuaciones memorables. Quizás la mejor película sobre el nazismo jamás hecha.
  25. May 9, 2015

Often, the experiences of the minor characters provide the most lasting images. Helen's story is memorable, as is the plight of young Danka Dresner and her mother as they strive to avoid death while staying together. There's a Jewish couple that marries in the Plaszow camp, even though their chances of survival are dim, and a Rabbi who survives a close encounter with a Nazi gun.

26. Mar 6, 2011
    Steven Spielberg's greatest film. Powerful, emotional, thought provoking and a perfect film all around. Liam Neeson's acting is one of the best I've seen around and its directorial work is masterful. Essential.
  27. Jan 30, 2014
    A gut wrenchingly beautiful masterpiece about the horrors of the holocaust, Schindler's List is Steven Spielberg at his finest and most emotional (rightfully so).
  28. Dec 16, 2010
    Excellent film !!!!!!! Such an incredibly hard subject to begin to tackle in a film and do justice to. I think it's very close and done as well as anything we have seen yet. Kudos to all the actors and especially Ralph F.... awesome job.
  29. Apr 20, 2015
    Czech born, Schindler (Neeson) owns a factory in Poland where he exploits the cheap jewish labour found there. When he witnesses the atrocities of Aushwitz he creates a list - turning his factory into a safe haven and rescuing over 1,100 Jews.

One of the most important films ever made. A purely horizontal movie - one without a dramatically interesting protagonist or a focus on

One of the most important films ever made.

A purely horizontal movie - one without a dramatically interesting protagonist or a focus on survivors - might satisfy the most searching complaints, but it would be almost impossible to stomach. (Spielberg is in fact so anxious to keep death gate-crashing into what is fundamentally a survivor's story that occasionally, as with the shower scene, he stumbles slightly.) As it stands, 'Schindler's List' which Spielberg thought would lose every dime of its $22 million budget, made an unprecedented $321.2 million at the box office. That kind of reach for a film of this nature is nothing short of a miracle.

If no mere movie can become an "absolute good" - to borrow Stern's description of the list itself - then by 1993 a popular motion picture about the Holocaust had become an absolute necessity. That the picture born of this necessity was Steven Spielberg's 'Schindler's List' is enough to restore your faith in not just the medium, but also the human race itself.

Necessary holocaust movie made for a Western audience. At times over sentimental when the subject matter hardly needs any dressing up, this is a beautifully crafted, hopeful movie.
  30. Jan 24, 2013
    Schindler's List is an epic masterpiece that reaches down into the soul of human nature and plays with the strings of our hearts and minds by sending us to one of the worst places imaginable. This film is not only one of cinema's greatest treasures, it is also my favorite film ever made. This work of art takes us into Steven Spielberg's vision of the Holocaust, and serves us a deep andSchindler's List is an epic masterpiece that reaches down into the soul of human nature and plays with the strings of our hearts and minds by sending us to one of the worst places imaginable. This film is not only one of cinema's greatest treasures, it is also my favorite film ever made. This work of art takes us into Steven Spielberg's vision of the Holocaust, and serves us a deep and thrilling story about a hero who saved hundreds of people due to his bravery and courageousness. Steven Spielberg is a true genius; in his career he has created classics such as Raiders of the Lost Ark or E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, but no film he has ever crafted will ever live up to this one epic masterpiece of a film that changed the world of cinema forever as we know it. When this film released in 1993, Steven Spielberg proved that he was not just a great filmmaker, he was an artist. He gives the film so much power and depth to the characters and story, and no drama film will ever be able to touch the soul as this film did for me. A masterpiece like this is hardly ever released, and it's not only about the Holocaust itself, it's also about a hero and how he stood up to the walls that surrounded him. Oskar Schindler is one of the greatest heroes the world has ever known in my opinion, a member of the Nazi party who saw the corruption of what was going in this terrible time and did all that he could to save as many Jews as possible. In the film he witnesses a girl in a red dress walking through the streets of Poland as Nazi's are grabbing Jews, and later he sees the girl in that same dress dead along with the other Jews about to be burned. This revelation changes Schindler from a businessman into a man who sees the true evil of The Holocaust. Oskar really is a flawed man as well, he has his problems like any normal human but his intentions still make me see him as a great man. Liam Neeson's performance in this film is almost too good to be true, and he deserved an Academy Award. This is acting at its absolute best and his final scene where he cries over the fact that he could've saved more people always brings me to tears. Ralph Fiennes plays a truly sinister man as Amon Goeth, one of the worst men I have ever witnessed in a film. He is ruthless and insane, but we see in some scenes that he is in love with a Jewish woman named Helen. This is a very important part of his character, as it shows he has humanity inside him and that proves that he truly is a horrible man if he can feel love and compassion and still be that ruthless. Fiennes plays this role brilliantly, and his darkness and depth he gives the character amazes me to this day. Ben Kingsley plays Itzhak Stern who is Schindler's accountant and business partner during the events of the film, and he really is a symbol of Schindler's bravery. He has a Jewish man working for him and they soon become very close, and that proves that Schindler truly grows a love for the Jewish people that begin working for him. Ben Kinglsey is flawless as always and was truly the only man who could've pulled off the character with such passion and sympathy. Steven Spielberg has always taken us into films where we wish we could've joined the adventure, but this was his first movie where I wanted nothing to do where he had taken us. While other Holocaust masterpieces like The Pianist or Life is Beautiful are incredible for showing the survival of the Hlocaust, this one is a masterpiece for showing the brutality of it. This was like nothing he had done before, and I am overwhelmed with happiness that other people love this film as much as I do. This flawless masterpiece has been criticized by many ignorant people that have different issues with the film, and I think that' they have issues with the fact they couldn't think of a better film themselves. Spielberg is truly, in my opinion, the greatest director of all time, mainly because he has been able to bring us both dramatic masterpieces like this and entertaining masterpieces like Indiana Jones or Jaws. Schindler's List is my all-time favorite film, and for me, no other drama will ever be able to live up to the visionary genius that Spielberg has given us, and no other film will ever effect me like this movie has done. Expand
  31. Feb 12, 2015
    'Schindler's List' is probably the greatest film Spielberg will ever make. A strong story, based on a true heart-breaking actual event, the movie is an apotheosis of humanity and humanism, presented quite ironically through the eyes of a profit-oriented factory owner and a member of the Nazi Party. The film teaches us a lot, but probably the most important lesson amongst them is the one'Schindler's List' is probably the greatest film Spielberg will ever make. A strong story, based on a true heart-breaking actual event, the movie is an apotheosis of humanity and humanism, presented quite ironically through the eyes of a profit-oriented factory owner and a member of the Nazi Party. The film teaches us a lot, but probably the most important lesson amongst them is the one that we should, first and foremost, be humans and that we should treat others like humans to.

In his undoubtedly best role, Liam Neeson brilliantly performed the role of Oskar Schindler, the German industrialist whose name is written down in history because of his heroic deeds in a time when almost all we had was blood and hatred. Schindler showed us that, even in times of peril and despair, there always exists someone who will fight against violence and death. Ben Kingsley was exceptionally strong likewise, but Ralph Fiennes certainly elevated his role, that of the monstrous Amon Goeth, to a level almost identical to that of Neeson's role.

Certainly an essential master-piece, 'Schindler's List' is a movie that should be well preserved in our memories as a proof that human kindness can overcome even the most difficult problems.
  32. Jul 4, 2013
    It's more than a film. It's an unforgettable, stylistic experience. The film is 3 hours long and you have to take in superb acting, imagery and storytelling, capturing the emotional and realism of the Holocaust. I realized I had watched a masterpiece once it had finished.
  33. Aug 13, 2014
    Spielberg exceeds his previous great movies with this one. Dealing with a subject that is not the most attractive, the movie avoids being depressing and hard to watch. Perfectly directed, great performances, marvelous story-telling, while using black-and-white technique doesn't drive off the least demanding movie lovers. However, it's length does. Gilliam criticized the "stupid" endings ofSpielberg exceeds his previous great movies with this one. Dealing with a subject that is not the most attractive, the movie avoids being depressing and hard to watch. Perfectly directed, great performances, marvelous story-telling, while using black-and-white technique doesn't drive off the least demanding movie lovers. However, it's length does. Gilliam criticized the "stupid" endings of Spielberg, including the ending of this movie. I can agree with him, although the ending is good enough to make this movie worth watching not just once, but lots of times. Marvelous movie. Expand
  34. May 12, 2015
    I will say this. Schindler's List is one of the most haunting war movies that I've ever seen. So hurtful. So disturbing. It is kind of disturbing that you will probably not going to see it again. Because it is so good. Schindler's List is a masterpiece. Overall, it is one of the best war movies in cinema history so far.
  35. Feb 27, 2015
    The best I feel like Liam Neeson has done in film is in this movie. I don't understand how this film received negative reviews, this was one of the best movies ever.
  36. Jan 19, 2015
    One of the greatest epics of all time. The Schindler's list portrays the brutality and savagery of man's heart with the contrast of generosity and good will. It will leave you inspired, shocked, sad but most of all extremely satisfied by the three hours of this Spielberg masterpiece.
  37. Aug 16, 2010
    Just an all around Amazing movie. I highly recommend it. This movie just was sooo emotionally satisfying. I can't recommend it enough. It had great acting,directing,cinematography, and everything. It is a bit long though but it's definately worth it if you pay attention to the movie.
  38. Apr 26, 2013
    Probably one of the most emotionally engaging films ever made. The direction of the action and the performances all ehance what is a deeply moving film. The film content is one of both horror and compassion of the war time scenes that you know really happened. It is difficult to explain the WOW factor of the film without explaining scenes but even then seeing is better than a thousandProbably one of the most emotionally engaging films ever made. The direction of the action and the performances all ehance what is a deeply moving film. The film content is one of both horror and compassion of the war time scenes that you know really happened. It is difficult to explain the WOW factor of the film without explaining scenes but even then seeing is better than a thousand words. I got to the end of the film with a tear in my eye and actually had to say wow over what a terrific display had brought over me. Liam 'I can never remove my accent completely' Neeson was superb and even thought in most films I get annoyed hearing Liam rather than the accent of the character he is meant to be on screen, I could look past the Scottish German accent he was putting on the screen.
    The Black and White of the film is the perfect choice as it sets the right tone and also ages the film to feel more like recording of the actual events than a film adaptation. It is a film I would watch again and again and it would still take my breathe away.
  39. Dec 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Schindler's list is a movie based on true events, so it's practically a documentary. It makes the watcher feel many different emotions, but it is quite sad. It really makes the watcher realise the hardship of world war 2, for the Jews. The story is amazing and you wouldn't think it was true! The acting is good, and so is the directing (steven Spielberg so it's definately a worth while watch). I do warn you though it is in black and white. Expand
  40. Jun 19, 2013
    1993's Schindler's List Is My Fifth Favorite Film Of All Time, It's My Favorite Steven Spielberg Film, It's My Second Favorite Drama Film, My Second Favorite Film Adaptation And My Favorite Universal Pictures Film.
  41. Mar 29, 2014
    This is an extremely harrowing and toutching film. Well written, beuatifully directed and supebly acted. The cinematography is materful, never seen anything else like it. Liam Neeson and ralph finnes act so natrually together, and their performances are believable and moving. Though provoking and highly recomended film.
  42. Jan 26, 2015
    One of the scariest movies I have ever seen. But also one of the best and most important. Ralph Fiennes is outstanding as the sadistic nazi officer and Liam Neeson is a great Schindler. A must see.
  43. Oct 4, 2011
    A very beautiful, epic and dark story about courage and the desire of living, a masterpiece made by Steven Spielberg this is one of those films which if you didn't like it, you have got no heart.
  44. Nov 6, 2013
    The most personal movie of Stephen Spielberg. Rumor has it that the atmosphere in the set was grim and tense and after I watched it, I can pretty much tell that the rumor is justified.

There won't be any comments from me about Schindler List apart from I have always considered this movie as one of the best movies ever. The duration is superbly long but when I watched it I hardly felt any boredom coming. The movie is shown in black-and-white without any color EXCEPT for one person-if you have watched it, you'll know what I mean-and one watery-eyes moment in the end. That being said, you don't need to mind the colors too much as the plot will surely give you a hook.

This movie isn't for everybody and the tone is dark, I won't recommend Schindler's List if what you mostly watch are just romance and drama movies.

PS: Ralph Fiennes is fantastic in this movie. You can always feel how evil he is whenever he is on the screen.
  45. Mar 31, 2013
    Una historia asombrosa, que te encoge el corazón, de ver capaz de lo que es el hombre, pero que por otra parte arroja un rayo de esperanza, al ver como puede redimirse un pragmático hedonista como Schindler, y convertirse en un ejemplo de altruismo y salvación.
  46. Nov 7, 2010
    This was a deep, emotional, and horrifying movie. It made you realize what the days of WW2 Germany were like, and the tragedies and disasters the Jews had to deal with. The acting was phenomenal and seeing Schindler try and save the Jews after realizing the things his own country had did to them were comforting and expressible. This was a great film, and as such, deserves to be seen as so,This was a deep, emotional, and horrifying movie. It made you realize what the days of WW2 Germany were like, and the tragedies and disasters the Jews had to deal with. The acting was phenomenal and seeing Schindler try and save the Jews after realizing the things his own country had did to them were comforting and expressible. This was a great film, and as such, deserves to be seen as so, to Schindler's List, may it keep on doing great and keep eye's open to a period in time that needs to be remembered as something to never happen again. Expand
  47. Jun 18, 2013
    Simply beautiful, sad, and a masterpiece. Definitely one of Steven Spielberg's best along with E.T., Raiders, Jaws, and Saving Private Ryan. One of the most realistic movies ever made.
  48. Sep 11, 2014
    THis is tone of the all-time best films, ever. It's based on a true situation, and from a dramatized novel written by an Australian author. It presents a famous event from a very interesting angle, and cleverly tries to undercut your expectations of how things work.

One of the most under-appreciated aspect of this film is the way the emotions are so carefully played through, from serious drama to light comic moments to dark humour to heart-wrenching tragedy - even in the same scene!

I totally love how this film sets things up, then plays them out with some wonderful character insight and great dramatic twisting. Textbook example of how to do top-class storytelling to get viewers involved in the situation, and do a world-famous event and still keep it fresh.
  49. Nov 26, 2012
    Honestly one of the greatest motion pictures of all time. Steven Spielberg really out did himself here with this film. It is sheer genius and a perfect picture. He couldn't have painted a better picture.
  50. Feb 22, 2014
    Honestly, this movie touched my heart so much. It was as if I could feel the sufferings at that time. Truly this is a masterpiece that should be remembered for coming ages.
  51. Sep 8, 2011
    One of the best films ever made.......................................................................................................................
  52. Sep 12, 2014
    Spielberg’s dramatic masterpiece showcases a strong cast, effective filming and amazing story. The ending of the film is one of the best in film history and it makes my top 10 of all time!!!
  53. Apr 9, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Esta es probablemente una de las mejores películas del cine moderno.
    Un Liam Neeson colosal en todos los aspectos realiza el mejor papel de su carrera en esta obra.
    Realmente tiene de todo, usa la narrativa visual, la violencia para incomodar al espectador y hacerle partícipe de lo que fue realmente el holocausto, la banda sonora de John Williams aparece en los momentos más importantes y no hace falta que esté cargada de crescendos para resaltar los momentos importantes.
    El papel de Ralph Fiennes es brillante al igual que Neeson y logra crear un contraste a lo largo de la película entre Schindler y Goeth.
    La escena de la lluvia de cenizas y la quema de cadáveres está retorcidamente bien representada, a todos los niveles es una de las mejores escenas que he visto en el cine.
    Es sin duda una de las mejores películas de la historia del cine, la mejor de Steven Spielberg y la mejor tratando el tema del holocausto en la segunda guerra mundial
  54. Apr 5, 2015
    It's a good movie with strong characters and a really grrat story....but I don't get the hype...the movie shows "the brutal truth"...but the inmates have all been in a good shape...the cuts are bad over and over...one scene to another....I saw thousands of movies, but this one didnt reach me emotionally like it should....
  55. Oct 23, 2014
    There are only a few films ever made that require the value of IMPORTANT. This film may rate near the top in that rare category. It is the true story that matters most here although the acting is more than sufficient. Special attention should be given to Ben Kingsley in his portrayal of Issac Stern, Oscar Schindler's link to the Jewish leadership. Mr Kingsley simply nails the personalityThere are only a few films ever made that require the value of IMPORTANT. This film may rate near the top in that rare category. It is the true story that matters most here although the acting is more than sufficient. Special attention should be given to Ben Kingsley in his portrayal of Issac Stern, Oscar Schindler's link to the Jewish leadership. Mr Kingsley simply nails the personality and character of a man who, reluctantly almost to the very end, is the key figure to the success of Schindler's eventual passion of saving as many Jews as possible, though it cost him everything. The brilliance of Steven Spielberg is in no short supply here as he paints a bitter but realistic picture of the real suffering of the holocaust Jews during World War II Europe. We now understand better how and why these Jews could not imagine the horrors they would face until too late. Spielberg holds nothing back here. The children, the elderly, and even the preferred Jewish servants of the Nazis have screen time and as brutal as it is on screen, the actual abuse remains largely unimaginable in modern eyes. Although some of the film teases us with a documentary flavor, Spielberg is able to transform Schindler and the audience into helpless emotional characters reaching for tissues. The moment Schindler realizes his ring and especially his car might have saved a few more Jews from the ovens, we are tearful wrecks! The most IMPORTANT film in my rather larger collection of classic films. Expand
  56. ShaneS.
    Feb 1, 2006
    This film is contrastable to certain brutality epics that challenge the viewer with pain and death, and greusome bloodshed that the eye can't remain toward the screen until it is finished. This, though, is a film that demands the eye remain magnetized to the screen, because truth can be that way; honest, emotional truth. To address the commenter who claimed this was a propaganda film This film is contrastable to certain brutality epics that challenge the viewer with pain and death, and greusome bloodshed that the eye can't remain toward the screen until it is finished. This, though, is a film that demands the eye remain magnetized to the screen, because truth can be that way; honest, emotional truth. To address the commenter who claimed this was a propaganda film to boast about the Jewish faith, it seems more an objective account of something that happened, more or less, to a group of people bearing the brunt of a clashing of virtues. They received the blunt end of the stick, and the director himself captured with lyrical symbology the essence of those events. People will have their opinions, but I hold that it is one of the greatest films ever made. Expand
  57. Jack
    Mar 27, 2008
    A stunning film with great use of film techniques. This shocked me and showed me a part of the holocaust from the eyes of both the jews and the upper-class germans. People who think that the film is boring obviously do not have any sense of humanity and perhaps have been brainwashed by the current modern action films, where the only lift is seeing people killing others in different ways. A stunning film with great use of film techniques. This shocked me and showed me a part of the holocaust from the eyes of both the jews and the upper-class germans. People who think that the film is boring obviously do not have any sense of humanity and perhaps have been brainwashed by the current modern action films, where the only lift is seeing people killing others in different ways. Fantastic film Steven! Expand
  58. JulianP.
    May 2, 2008
    Schindler's List is a masterpiece of filmaking that modern cinema has not and will not ever see again. Plain and simple, this movie touches us in a place that a super-hero flick just cannot. Spielberg shows us just how low and just how high the human spirit can go, all while showing the world his magnificent brilliance and mastery of filmmaking.
  59. GenaroN.
    Sep 10, 2003
    One of the best representation of the holocaust horror. A movie that will touch your soul it is depressive and reflective.
  60. YoonC.
    Sep 15, 2003
    Harrowing account of the Holocaust, the film is most effective when rubbing our faces in the daily insanity of Nazi brutality. Though the performances are impeccable and the writing top-notch, the film finally succumbs to formulaic contrivances and an unforgivably sappy ending.
  61. MikeN.
    Feb 9, 2004
    Spielberg just does not quite get the "art" thing, does he? The story here lacks some sort of authorial viewpoint or overarching sensibility that might save it from being sententious. Spielberg tries hard to tell the story simply------ so hard that he drains the movie of any emotions except a certain dreariness combined with an elegantly understated preachiness.
  62. ColtonM.
    Apr 21, 2005
    It made me cry.
  63. KevinBeattie
    Jan 9, 2007
    First off I would like to say that this is an excellent movie and it portrays the brutality of the Nazis treatment of Jewish prisoners. Second, to people who say this "doesnt tell the full story". That statement is absolutley moronic. Yes there are two sides to this story. The jews who were murdered, and the Nazis who murdered them. Thats the story. Did all of the germans who were Nazi First off I would like to say that this is an excellent movie and it portrays the brutality of the Nazis treatment of Jewish prisoners. Second, to people who say this "doesnt tell the full story". That statement is absolutley moronic. Yes there are two sides to this story. The jews who were murdered, and the Nazis who murdered them. Thats the story. Did all of the germans who were Nazi soldiers want to be? No some of them were forced to do what they did. But to somehow place the Germans in a position that what they did was a good thing is insane. The Nazis murdered those people. End of story. Expand
  64. R.L.
    Jan 6, 2009
    Exceptional!! Schindler's list is perhaps the best and most heartbreaking depiction of the Holocaust ever, It's a dark and heart breaking tale of one man's journey to become a hero to the Jew's of today, Liam Neeson plays Oskar Schindler a greedy factory owner who hires Jew's to minimum wage work for him. Soon enough he has all the money in the world and is happy Exceptional!! Schindler's list is perhaps the best and most heartbreaking depiction of the Holocaust ever, It's a dark and heart breaking tale of one man's journey to become a hero to the Jew's of today, Liam Neeson plays Oskar Schindler a greedy factory owner who hires Jew's to minimum wage work for him. Soon enough he has all the money in the world and is happy as can be. Or so it appears, as the film progress you see the demeanor and attitude of Schindler change dramatically when he watches the Jewish people get slaughtered like animals by the Nazi's, after that he sets his heart on the sole task if getting them out of the camps and into his country. Schindler's List is the proven example of human kindness and compassion, It's a movie that will make your heart break and make the spirit soar at his heroic feet. Schindler's List is one of the greatest films ever made and will continue to shock and amaze people for all time. I very highly recommend this movie! Collapse
  65. EmilyV.
    Nov 10, 2002
    This is just an over rated movie. I found it rather boring...
  66. KonradR.
    May 9, 2002
    An absolute masterpiece. Perfect in every way from cinematography to acting to music.
  67. PattyD.
    Sep 21, 2002
    This movie is a masterpiece.
  68. TheFallAndRiseOfGilbertMulroneycakes
    Jan 7, 2003
    You see, Emily V, 60 years ago much of the world was engulfed in a reasonably cataclysmic confilct that came to be known as World War II. Honestly, overrated...overrated my arse. I hate that word. It implies that the speaker is definitive in some way. Which you aren't, any more than I am. Whatever I think about it, Schindler's List - probably the greatest of a myriad of Steven You see, Emily V, 60 years ago much of the world was engulfed in a reasonably cataclysmic confilct that came to be known as World War II. Honestly, overrated...overrated my arse. I hate that word. It implies that the speaker is definitive in some way. Which you aren't, any more than I am. Whatever I think about it, Schindler's List - probably the greatest of a myriad of Steven Mastepieces - is one of the greatest, most beautiful, most tragic movies ever made. Coincidentally, I actually believe that it is one of the greatest, most beautiful, most tragic movies ever made, but that's second fiddle to how good it IS. Stay around for the coda as well - if it doesn't break your heart, you don't have one. Expand
  69. DanielG.
    Sep 14, 2003
    Spielberg's definite masterpiece. The story may be somewhat simplified although this is easily overlooked when you consider the other elements in the movie. From the acting to the cinematics, this movie not only touches you hart; it breaks it!
  70. AkhilK.
    Mar 8, 2004
    What a powerful film. One of limitless possibilties that leaves to your imagination to what these people really felt. Amazing, even the intentional humour is appropriate. One of the best movies ever made. Then why the 9? Well, let me ask you this question - Was the nudity really necessary?
  71. AndrewM.
    May 4, 2004
    I don't give many movies 10/10. There is usually some small reason to say it's not perfect. Much like why you don't see too many gymnasts given 10.0. This is one of those rare occasions where there are no faults. If you're not moved, inspired and/or educated by this film, you're not human.
  72. Daz
    Aug 14, 2004
    I can only echo many of the comments already posted about this film. I was SO moved by it when i first saw it at the cinema. I think all 14 year olds should be forced to watch this movie to show them how evil man can be. Without a doubt, one of the greatest films i have ever see, or WILL ever see.
  73. JaysonB.
    Apr 8, 2005
    Perspective changing and a masterpiece of filmmaking.
  74. ??
    May 21, 2005
    This is a film which touches me most.The little girl in red makes me feel the cure of the war. It is the most unforgetable picture I have ever seen.
  75. Elena
    May 22, 2005
    This film was very good to document what happened in the concentration camps and how the jews where treated. Only that sometimes it became a little boring and the all white and black was strange nowdays we are onlyused to look color tv so looking it in black and white was strange. Furthermore sometimes you couldn't really understand what was said or it was said in german ... for the This film was very good to document what happened in the concentration camps and how the jews where treated. Only that sometimes it became a little boring and the all white and black was strange nowdays we are onlyused to look color tv so looking it in black and white was strange. Furthermore sometimes you couldn't really understand what was said or it was said in german ... for the rest this is a great movie that made me learn who schindler was. Expand
  76. JonathanF.
    May 6, 2005
    A story that captures many aspects of the Holocaust. Fanatastic Movie. Steven Spielberg made a lot of money out of his successful film, and yes, he also finally received an Oscar (Although I think some of his earlier work should receive one too). There are many interesting stories about the holocaust and WWII, and I wonder what attracted Spielberg to Schindler's story so much. Well, A story that captures many aspects of the Holocaust. Fanatastic Movie. Steven Spielberg made a lot of money out of his successful film, and yes, he also finally received an Oscar (Although I think some of his earlier work should receive one too). There are many interesting stories about the holocaust and WWII, and I wonder what attracted Spielberg to Schindler's story so much. Well, if you saw the film you can see that what Spielberg and Schindler have in common is money and ambition. Spielberg in my point of view is a great producer/business man. He knows how to make money (even for the Holocaust). I believe that is why Spielberg's so attracted to Schindler's character. Don't get me wrong, Spielberg has also values as well, and it is said that most of what the film has earned Spielberg donated to the Holocaust foundation. Spielberg is a franchise but I get the feeling that he cares. So in parallel to Schindler's character that evolves through the film, Spielberg uses the money he earns to make some good. Schindler is presented as a business man, who is interested in making money - actually a war profiteer. But something changes in his plan, Schindler learns slowly that the Nazi ideology is stupid and evil, and he goes on a process through the film of purging himself out of this ideology. He starts to care for "his Jewish workers", and by the end of the film he even cries, not for the loss of money, but for the life he could have saved. There are many scenes in this film, created in detail, through the help of survivor's testimonies. Some of them are extremely violent or contain nudity. Those scenes, which are shot brilliantly, are required for realism and I really like them, as I believe that such appalling violence is reserved only in film and not in our life. I find Schindler's List as a visual experience one should not miss, as it helps you grasp the horror and violence of the Nazis. Since Hollywood is controls the world market of cinema, this movie is a breakthrough, bringing the story of the holocaust to the whole world. Expand
  77. OliverT>
    Jul 14, 2005
    Simplemente, es la mejor pelicula de todos los tiempos, ya que hace ver a la perfeccion la crueldad y todo lo mejor que se pueda dar en una persona, en lo que ha sido el peor episodio de la historia humana.
  78. Lucius
    Sep 1, 2005
    A real masterpiece, best movie ever made. A person who doesn't like it, is a monstrous entity with neither a heart nor a soul, period.
  79. HikaruK.
    Mar 15, 2007
    Honestly, I think this is Steven Spielberg's masterwork. Not claiming or wanting to delve into lengthy sequences of death and violence at Auschwitz or somewhere similar, it instead captures the violence in the ghettos, in work camps, and through the actions of Amon Goeth, who is played brilliantly by Ralph Fiennes. It is ultimately the story of Oskar Schindler, a man who worked Honestly, I think this is Steven Spielberg's masterwork. Not claiming or wanting to delve into lengthy sequences of death and violence at Auschwitz or somewhere similar, it instead captures the violence in the ghettos, in work camps, and through the actions of Amon Goeth, who is played brilliantly by Ralph Fiennes. It is ultimately the story of Oskar Schindler, a man who worked within the Nazi party system to save over one thousand Jewish individuals from almost certain death. It doesn't portray him as a god as he clearly had faults, but it shows that hope is possible and that people can work together to save others. But it is still very clearly about the violence of the Holocaust, almost in a numbing emotional sense. The cinematography is absolutely gorgeous in this film. Black and white was the way to go. In some senses, I think it helps to keep the picture from overwhelming us and as authenticity of some newsreel from the time. The touch at the end in "present" day of the survivors and their families coming to Schindler's grave is at once touching and haunting without necessarily spelling it out for us. Haunting and moving, it is one of the most weighty and ponderous films but it never harkens from its intensity even being more than three hours. Bravo! Expand
  80. BaytotheAGetHyphy
    May 5, 2007
    This was a fantastically directed. Steven Spielberg knows how to convey any message beautifully through film. It is sad to see how brutally the Nazis treated Jews and their utter disrespect for human life. Bring some Kleenex with you when watching this film.
  81. TimTwo
    Jun 30, 2007
    You have got to be kidding me...Return of the King and an animated feature get higher scores than Schindler's List?
  82. JayH.
    Mar 7, 2008
    One of the truly greatest films of all time. It is unforgettable and haunting. Steven Spielberg's expert direction, the tremendous acting and outstanding writing make it a brilliant film in all respects.
  83. BerkeO.
    Apr 2, 2008
    This is the most beutiful film that I've ever senn!
  84. MarcinC
    Feb 23, 2009
    A flawless masterpiece...
  85. bryony
    Jul 31, 2009
    Such a clever film, I noticed the use of the well known sad song gloomy Sunday - immediately showing the depression and suffering of the Jews that this film perfectly portrays. Amazingly directed scenes that show the sheer horror and leave you gasping afterwards. Casted with perfection, every actor convincing you with their realistic portrayals of heroes/victims/villains of this awful Such a clever film, I noticed the use of the well known sad song gloomy Sunday - immediately showing the depression and suffering of the Jews that this film perfectly portrays. Amazingly directed scenes that show the sheer horror and leave you gasping afterwards. Casted with perfection, every actor convincing you with their realistic portrayals of heroes/victims/villains of this awful time. I was left devastated, just as the makers intended their audience to feel. Loved how the realism was actually THERE at the end. This film really chilled my bones, made me think like an adult for once about the serious history people have experienced. Excellence! Expand
  86. AndyW.
    Aug 10, 2009
    Forget Brando as Vito Corleone or Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter, Ralph Fiennes delivers THE greatest performance as Amon Goth in this film. Incredibly complex, chilling but somehow addictive. Spielberg's directing is sensational and although I didn't care that much for Liam Neeson as Schindler, this film still certainly deserves a 10.
  87. miker
    Aug 2, 2009
    Great piece of film making, and a great man. For Gary l. to give it a 0 is actually rather frightening.
  88. GustavoH.R.
    Dec 16, 2003
    A nearly flawless materpiece, Schindler's List is the best film I've ever seen. Powerful, beautiful, haunting. Spielberg's masterpiece.
  89. JeffG.
    Jan 3, 2003
    One of the greatest movies of ALL time. It's depressing, but it's supposed to be. Everyone should see it at some point in their life.
  90. H.K.
    Mar 18, 2003
    Cool.
  91. JackA.
    Apr 20, 2003
    Words cannot describe this movie. It simply touches the soul.
  92. JackA.
    Apr 20, 2003
    Words cannot describe this movie. It simply touches the soul.
  93. ScottL.
    Jul 4, 2003
    BORING.
  94. DianaB.
    Aug 8, 2003
    Very sad, but brilliant movie! Everyone should be made to watch this movie in schools.
  95. G.M.D.K
    Dec 3, 2004
    Unforgettable. One of the best film of all time!
  96. RobertL.
    Feb 16, 2004
    Not only is this masterpiece the greatest film ever made, it can be considered one of mankind's greatest artistic achievements, to be compared with the best of Mozart, Shakespeare and Michelangelo. Using the subtle but startling shadings only black and white cinema can produce Steven Speilberg has created a protean achievement both thought-provoking and shattering in content and Not only is this masterpiece the greatest film ever made, it can be considered one of mankind's greatest artistic achievements, to be compared with the best of Mozart, Shakespeare and Michelangelo. Using the subtle but startling shadings only black and white cinema can produce Steven Speilberg has created a protean achievement both thought-provoking and shattering in content and scope. Ralph Fiennes frightening portrayal of the concentration camp commandant shows the horrifying side of a human both sad and twisted. Liam Neeson and Ben Kingsley give performances equally compelling. John Williams musical score is flawless, evoking an emotional response without overcoming this disturbing story about a German industrialist who slowly learns about the Holocaust and tries to save the few Jews he can from certain death. This miraculous piece of cinema should be required viewing for anyone interested in the human condition and the depths and heights to which we all can reach. Expand
  97. DawnB.
    Apr 8, 2004
    It taught me a lot about my history. It also helped me out wit my history project. Schindler's List changed me and how i look and treat people today!
  98. MartinL.
    Aug 28, 2004
    Incredibly devestating.

A ruthlessly unsentimental portrait of a German war profiteer's epiphany that inspires neither sorrow nor pity, but a kind of emotional numbness.
  2. A powerful and affecting piece of work.
    What is surprising is how well Spielberg captures the horror, moving his camera with the fury of a combat photographer on the run. [17 Dec 1993]