5.7

1. May 11, 2011
    Okay, this film is better than the original, but it's still terrible. I like how they actually used original Hannah Barbera villians from the original show rather than badly cgi-ed sun-allergic creatures. Just to see the Black Knight Ghost, 10,000 Volt Ghost and Miner 49-er put a smile on my face. Also, Seth Green starred in this film. I'm a fan of the guy, especially since he's creator of Robot Chicken and starred in Buffy for 3 years. I also liked when Shaggy and Scooby encountered the Cotton Candy Glob. Matthew Lillards performance is still brilliantly spot-on But, those are the only good points The movie is quite dull, the characters aren't much like the original cartoon counterparts and we have another mystery that seems to give us more clues that appear from out of the blue. Also, I cringe at hollywoods attempts to make this film "hip" by adding Big Brovaz in to rap (remember them? No, me neither) At least theres no Scrappy F*cking Doo this time around This one's definately for the kids Expand
  2. Jan 21, 2014
    Wow, this is worse than the first one, there is still **** CGI like the first one, there still horrible acting, and jokes, and it is still a **** movie.
  3. Mar 7, 2011
    This was even worst than the first, they still can't get that classic Scooby Doo feel, the crappy actors, bad jokes, and retarded story make this movie unenjoyable, as a huge fan of Scooby Doo I can't find a reason to recommend this to anyone.
  4. Nov 28, 2012
    Incredibly simpleminded, and featuring more gut punches to the original show than subtle nods.
  5. Mar 19, 2013
    A bit more loyal to the show than the original movie, but perhaps a bit too much at times to the point of it being silly. Some things work as a cartoon, but just look stupid in live action. Again, Shaggy & Scooby are the stars, doing what we all know and love. The rest of the cast are just a mess, further distancing themselves from their characters in order to readjust to be more "believable." Considering the premise of the movie, that's a bit of a joke in itself. Overall: While the movie can be a bit entertaining at times, it's poor script and silly premise just ruin it most of the time. Expand
  6. Jul 6, 2014
    This movie makes the first one look good. Did anyone on the set give a sh*t about what they were doing? This movie just plains to be silly, incoherent and pathetically laughable. If you're going to watch this, think 5 times.

1. By the time they're done with all the tinkering, "Scooby-Doo" ends up bearing as much a resemblance to Hanna-Barbera as the recent "Cat in the Hat" did to Dr. Seuss.
  2. Reviewed by: Joshua Land
    As one five-year-old critic at the press screening astutely observed during a would-be sensitive moment: "Boooorrring!"
    Fans of the TV series will again be happy to see some of the old Saturday-morning villains, and Bill Boes' excellent production design outdoes his work in the first film.