5.5

1. Jan 21, 2014
    Wow, this is worse than the first one, there is still **** CGI like the first one, there still horrible acting, and jokes, and it is still a **** movie.
  2. Mar 7, 2011
    This was even worst than the first, they still can't get that classic Scooby Doo feel, the crappy actors, bad jokes, and retarded story make this movie unenjoyable, as a huge fan of Scooby Doo I can't find a reason to recommend this to anyone.
  3. MarkB.
    Jul 12, 2004
    I never really "got" Scooby-Doo; it's one of those seemingly universally beloved TV series that I could never tell whether I was watching a first-run episode or a rerun of...but at least in its "classic" (read; pre-Scrappy) years it was apparently trying for some kind of suspenseful or spooky atmosphere, however ineffectively. This loud, obnoxious, jokey movie translation, like the I never really "got" Scooby-Doo; it's one of those seemingly universally beloved TV series that I could never tell whether I was watching a first-run episode or a rerun of...but at least in its "classic" (read; pre-Scrappy) years it was apparently trying for some kind of suspenseful or spooky atmosphere, however ineffectively. This loud, obnoxious, jokey movie translation, like the first one, substitutes fart jokes. Matthew Lillard mugs so much as Shaggy that his rather impressive Casey Kasem impersonation is buried beneath a less-successful Jerry Lewis one; Sarah Michelle Gellar unbelievably turned down a final chance to play Buffy the Vampire Slayer on an episode of Angel but went for the silly, thankless role of Daphne again--talk about swapping one's birthright for a mess of pottage! As for Freddie Prinze Jr.; well, he's Freddie Prinze Jr. once again, which I assure you is no compliment. Only Linda Cardellini comes off well as Velma; in fact, she breaks the legal limits of adorableness in at least 23 states...and that IS a compliment. Now that this movie franchise has hopefully run its course, if Warner Bros. wants to do any more full-length adaptations of any more Hanna-Barbera baby boomer faves, maybe they could bring Hal Needham out of retirement to direct Wacky Races: The Movie, starring Paul Giamatti as Dick Dastardly, Viggo Mortensen as Peter Perfect, and...uh...Sarah Michelle Gellar as Penelope Pitstop. It probably won't turn out much better than the Scooby-Doo flicks, but Lord knows it can't be much worse! Collapse
  4. NickG.
    Aug 16, 2004
    Occasionally clever special effects do not make up for abominable so-called acting, the complete absence of wit and a story line apparently cooked up over breakfast the first day of shooting. Absolute torture. Kids deserve better.
  5. AshleyS.
    Mar 29, 2004
    This movie was boring. My boyfriend and I hated it I think the first one was much better.
  6. Jul 6, 2014
    This movie makes the first one look good. Did anyone on the set give a sh*t about what they were doing? This movie just plains to be silly, incoherent and pathetically laughable. If you're going to watch this, think 5 times.
  7. Jan 19, 2016
    Sure, let's ruin Scooby-Doo even more. It's not like they're using them to gain a whole load of money which is once again a bad idea. Not worth giving any Scooby Snack to.

1. By the time they're done with all the tinkering, "Scooby-Doo" ends up bearing as much a resemblance to Hanna-Barbera as the recent "Cat in the Hat" did to Dr. Seuss.
    As one five-year-old critic at the press screening astutely observed during a would-be sensitive moment: "Boooorrring!"
    Fans of the TV series will again be happy to see some of the old Saturday-morning villains, and Bill Boes' excellent production design outdoes his work in the first film.