7.5

1. Sep 16, 2013
    This is where a series gets a little vulnerable and desperate, like a girl looking for a prom date. It tries very hard to get its point across, but it doesn't succeed past being average. The series is on its last leg, and the third one almost tripped it.
  2. Sep 24, 2011
    They say third time's a charm. Well, wait until you see "Scream 3", and then you WILL 'scream'.
  3. Apr 25, 2015
    I was not tired of the same formula that Screenwriter Kevin Williamson does with the last two installment of the franchises, but the third one was my favorite of all the scream films. Stab 3 is in production inspired by Sidney's life ("The Woodsboro Murders") ghost face returns! and they are dealing with a trilogy. Director Wes Craven does his horror magic and that's what i like about theI was not tired of the same formula that Screenwriter Kevin Williamson does with the last two installment of the franchises, but the third one was my favorite of all the scream films. Stab 3 is in production inspired by Sidney's life ("The Woodsboro Murders") ghost face returns! and they are dealing with a trilogy. Director Wes Craven does his horror magic and that's what i like about the film, also the script. But the script is written by Khren Kruger he takes the franchise in his own hands and goes in the wrong direction with Craven. But your gonna have fun watching this trilogy. Grade A- Expand
  4. j30
    Nov 27, 2011
    A poorly executed film that nearly fails on all levels. It's not scary, it's not funny or clever, it's just a drag.
  5. Oct 29, 2014
    Scream 3 is a jaunty, light addition to the Scream franchise. It doesn't have the originality of the, uh, original and it doesn't achieve the intense scares of the second installment. What it does have is a colorful, in-joke heavy parade through familiar ghostface shenanigans. Whilst it is certainly a weaker threequel, Scream 3 still maintains a lot of fun (and lovable characters) forScream 3 is a jaunty, light addition to the Scream franchise. It doesn't have the originality of the, uh, original and it doesn't achieve the intense scares of the second installment. What it does have is a colorful, in-joke heavy parade through familiar ghostface shenanigans. Whilst it is certainly a weaker threequel, Scream 3 still maintains a lot of fun (and lovable characters) for series fans. Expand
  6. Dec 23, 2011
    It has finally become what it has been making fun of the whole franchise. Sorry Wes Craven you just made this franchise have a bad reputation. It lacks scares, but gains in unintentional laughter. Wow I give this movie 14%.
  7. Nov 10, 2012
    Scream 3 isn't scary, isn't funny and just isn't good at all. It's at least 20 minutes too long and there are too many actors in here. The screenplay is bad and the ending is no big surprise. #3 bored me very much and I still don't like the principle of the franchise. A killer with a halloween mask for kiddies? I can't take that seriously. Scream 3 is no complete rubbish but it's reallyScream 3 isn't scary, isn't funny and just isn't good at all. It's at least 20 minutes too long and there are too many actors in here. The screenplay is bad and the ending is no big surprise. #3 bored me very much and I still don't like the principle of the franchise. A killer with a halloween mask for kiddies? I can't take that seriously. Scream 3 is no complete rubbish but it's really not worth watching. Expand
  8. Mar 2, 2012
    much people say, "Scream 3 is the worst film of the saga", but no, is great, the character of Jennifer (Parker Possey) is the best of the saga. Scream 3 is fantastic. I love this third part.
  9. Jan 10, 2014
    Because of the unfortunate Columbine massacre, Dimension Studios wanted to cut down the amount of gore released in it's films, and Scream 3 was shot more as a 'whodunit' than a horror film. This was the filmmakers first mistake as the movie became a little more slapstick than horror. The overall error of this film was it became more a cliche than a commentary to the genre.
  10. Nov 20, 2011
    I am glad that they stopped the franchise with this film (ending the trilogy) because its the same formula with no originality to it and its still too recycled from the first film. Acting is rather poor and they try far too hard to sell their parts and that results in quite a bit of overacting. The whole plot twist was rather stupid as well and sort of ruined the previous films because of it.
  11. Apr 22, 2015
    They say the third time's a charm. In the case of the Scream movie series, the Wes Craven/Kevin Williamson collaboration credited for having revived the slasher genre in the '90s, this cliché proves to be a falsehood. The most recent (and hopefully final) chapter in the comedy/horror trilogy comes across as a lame regurgitation of material already presented. There are no real surprises,They say the third time's a charm. In the case of the Scream movie series, the Wes Craven/Kevin Williamson collaboration credited for having revived the slasher genre in the '90s, this cliché proves to be a falsehood. The most recent (and hopefully final) chapter in the comedy/horror trilogy comes across as a lame regurgitation of material already presented. There are no real surprises, and the whole affair has the feeling of something left too long in the pot to stew. The life and energy is gone. What began as a lively, intelligent series suffused with self-referential humor has turned into just another slice-and-dice-by-numbers affair. Scream 3 isn't just the weakest of the movies, it's the kind of thing that the original Scream lampooned with affectionate glee.

Scream 3 features three good moments, but they're hardly enough to save the movie from the tedious spiral of repetitiveness it is trapped in. The first is a from-beyond-the-grave video lecture by Randy (Jamie Kennedy), who offers up the "rules of the trilogy." For example, "events in the third segment always go back to the beginning" and "even the hero can die in the final chapter." (One that he doesn't mention, and which proves true in this case, is that the final installment of any trilogy is usually the worst. The examples Randy cites, Star Wars and The Godfather, are classic examples of this.) Then there's a brief cameo by cult heroes Jay and Silent Bob, who are given a couple of lines (well, at least Jay is. Finally, Carrie Fisher appears as a receptionist who bemoans not having gotten the part of Princess Leia in Star Wars because she wouldn't sleep with George Lucas.

When it comes to storyline, character development, and pacing, Scream 3 strikes out. The movie drags along from one predictable slaying to the next, and the only real scares along the way are the "boo!" moments when something innocuous jumps out of the shadows just before the real killer strikes. Meanwhile, the level of humor in Scream 3 is way down. Parker Posey (as the actress playing Gale in the Stab series) has a few amusing lines, but the ironic dialogue and cute references to other horror films, which were wearing thin in Scream 2, are now positively threadbare.

Once, I wrote that Scream 3 would have to do something radical or inventive to avoid becoming tiresome. Unfortunately, there's nothing here that even the most inexperienced horror film fan would call innovative, and the predictable result is a movie that pales in comparison with its predecessors. Thus far, 2000 has been a very bad year for films, and Scream 3 does nothing to reverse the trend.
  12. Mar 12, 2014
    Scream 3 just seems to be a rushed idea for another sequel in the Scream franchise that turned out to be a disappointment, and a really, really bad idea for another sequel.
  13. Mar 3, 2013
    Not as good as the first two. But it is still is very entertaining, funny and extremely unpredictable. It is a very honorable third chapter in this series.
  14. May 31, 2012
    Sadly Not What I Wanted..
    Third Time's A Charm.. But Not In This Movie!
    Scream And Scream 2 Were Amazing But This Is Just Boring The Same Old Stuff.. Not Really A Plot At All....
    Stab.. Stab.. Stab..
    Worst Movie Of 2000!
  15. Apr 19, 2011
    Overall I Am Really Not Sure What To Score This Film..
    Scream Was Good, And Scream 2 Rocked, But Scream 3??
    Some Things In This Movie Were Done Very Well.. Neve Campbell Does A Great Job, As Well As Courtney Cox, But David Arquat Is A Very Bad Actor.. He Needed To Be Cut Off From Ruining This Movie.. Dewey Go! In Some Spots There Are Really Bad Writing.. But In Others Its Very, Very,
    Overall I Am Really Not Sure What To Score This Film..
    Scream Was Good, And Scream 2 Rocked, But Scream 3??
    In Some Spots There Are Really Bad Writing.. But In Others Its Very, Very, Good...
    Overall This Is Not A Bad Movie Or A Good Movie.. It's Just A Movie :)
  16. Jan 20, 2013
    I'm gonna go against the crowd and say that this was my favorite installment of "Scream." It has a a good plot, a good music score, a great cast, everything that's suppose to be in a film. I also liked the small tastes of humor that were presented through out the film. Great movie! The "Scream" Trilogy is the best horror trilogy of all time.
  17. Jul 15, 2012
    The writing in this bad sequel isn't very good. It may have some clever and suspenseful moments, but moments are also rehashed from the first two and it's lame, predictable, and lacks the freshness of the first two. The new characters are also very boring (except Parkey Posey) but actors playing actors was just boring and there was a lack of a lot of character development. They should ofThe writing in this bad sequel isn't very good. It may have some clever and suspenseful moments, but moments are also rehashed from the first two and it's lame, predictable, and lacks the freshness of the first two. The new characters are also very boring (except Parkey Posey) but actors playing actors was just boring and there was a lack of a lot of character development. They should of done this with Kevin Williamson. Expand
  18. Oct 28, 2012
    Wow tis movie is way more laughs than screams. Scream 3 3.5/10
  19. Jul 4, 2012
    Unfortunatelly, Scream 3 had my hopes way too high. This story has a lot of plot holes, and lacks Kevin Williamson's creative ideas, who was replaced by a screenwritter, who I don't know how he managed to turn The Ring into an overall suspenful, yet scary movie. Ends up being a slap fade in the face for trilogies, because it is the typical mediocre third movie of a franchise. Still, NeveUnfortunatelly, Scream 3 had my hopes way too high. This story has a lot of plot holes, and lacks Kevin Williamson's creative ideas, who was replaced by a screenwritter, who I don't know how he managed to turn The Ring into an overall suspenful, yet scary movie. Ends up being a slap fade in the face for trilogies, because it is the typical mediocre third movie of a franchise. Still, Neve Campbell, David Arquette and Courtney Cox give their best performances in the whole series, but their overshadowed by the dreadful plot and the abuse of meta-humour!!
    I give this movie a 30 % just because of the main cast performances, the rest of the actors/characters are transparent, and you won't even rememeber them for a second!!!
  20. Dec 17, 2011
    is the worst film in the Scream series is very annoying because the movie not the fear, the suspense that appears is not the same thing the other two films, the villain is a bit disjointed
  21. Dec 4, 2010
    'Scream 3' still has the familiar traits that made the first two films so dynamic, but the film as a whole proves that Ehren Krueger holds NOTHING to Kevin Williamson.
  22. Jan 4, 2012
    The Scream series ironically becomes what it is trying so hard to parody with this installment. It is in no way scary or interesting, and offers nothing to expand on the previous movies; rendering itself incapable of justifying its existence beyond being a cheap mockery of the first-film. The only things saving this from being a complete disaster are the performances of David Arquette andThe Scream series ironically becomes what it is trying so hard to parody with this installment. It is in no way scary or interesting, and offers nothing to expand on the previous movies; rendering itself incapable of justifying its existence beyond being a cheap mockery of the first-film. The only things saving this from being a complete disaster are the performances of David Arquette and Patrick Warburton, who both come with an extra serving of both cheese and ham. Expand
  23. May 10, 2015
    Scream 3 suffers from under-experienced writing from Ehren Kruger. It does not feel like a "Scream movie" rather than a parody or a spoof. I heavily appreciate the cast of Scream 3 (Jenny McCarthy, Parker Posey, and the sexy Scott Foley) and the ending.
  24. Sep 27, 2011
    Well, the Scream films just keep going down in quality (Please God let the fourth one be good!!!) It had definite glaring flaws but it still was great fun to watch. Ghostface still has to earn his kills which is a nice thing to see, and there is a decent amount of cute comedy. The acting is pretty much the same all around. The screenplay was much weaker. There were some parts that wereWell, the Scream films just keep going down in quality (Please God let the fourth one be good!!!) It had definite glaring flaws but it still was great fun to watch. Ghostface still has to earn his kills which is a nice thing to see, and there is a decent amount of cute comedy. The acting is pretty much the same all around. The screenplay was much weaker. There were some parts that were like "okay really? you could have done better than that." It was simply a good time all around. Nothing too special. I wouldn't rank it as high as the first or even the second. But it was fun. My advice: see it as a completion of the trilogy. Particularly if you are going to see the fourth one.

TRIVIA TIME: 1. Wes Craven filmed three different endings and didn't tell the cast which one he was going to use.

2. The bathroom Sidney finds Angelina in on the set of "Stab 3" is the same bathroom used when Sidney is attacked in the original Scream. You can tell by position of doors and soap dispenser design.

3. Between Scream 2 and Scream 3, David Arquette and Courteney Cox (two of the five actors who feature in all the Scream movies) got married. They met on the set of the first movie, were an item whilst shooting the second and by the third they were married. Courteney added 'Arquette' to the end of her name, as can be seen in the credits. Courteney and David had to cut their honeymoon short to begin filming Scream 3.
  25. Nov 1, 2012
    First time around, "Scream 3" is enjoyable and at times funnier than its predecessors. But by the second time, the film drags on-- it lacks the thrills and wit of the first two and instead trades it for more accessible humor that isn't as witty. The replacement of screenwriter Kevin Williamson was a huge mistake. Hopefully Craven has taken notes on what not to do since this film.
  26. Jun 20, 2013
    A good movie, but, probably my least favorite Scream. The ending felt too out of nowhere for a movie that is also supposed to be like a guessing game, and, the side characters were even less memorable than the second movie.
  27. Sep 5, 2011
    Ok, it's a step back, but it's still a fun movie. The horror element is a bit lost in the comedy side of it. It has some great moments. I found the movie got good from the house explosion and on-wards. Kevin's writing is sorely missed in this film, and so is Neve. Not enough screen time for her. All in all it's a good movie, but compared to the 'Scream Standards', it just falls short
  28. Jul 12, 2014
    Ask people what they think of the Scream trilogy, & usually their exact words will be: "Liked 1, liked 2, didn't like Scream 3", so this film is the end of the scream franchise, (well, for following 11 years anyway) and it's disliked by a lot of people, personally, I think this is my second favourite scream film, just under Scream 1 and above Scream 2, however the main thing that puts aAsk people what they think of the Scream trilogy, & usually their exact words will be: "Liked 1, liked 2, didn't like Scream 3", so this film is the end of the scream franchise, (well, for following 11 years anyway) and it's disliked by a lot of people, personally, I think this is my second favourite scream film, just under Scream 1 and above Scream 2, however the main thing that puts a lot of people off, is its lack of originality and freshness, and it's easy to see that this film feels almost as created as the 'I know what you did last summer' franchise, but I think that this film is very entertaining, this film was given a whopping $40million budget and you can see where the money has gone, I think the finale in Milton's gigantic mansion is the best finale of the franchise, & this is why this film sits in second place for me, while it is cheesy, it is entertaining, and should be given a shot. (it's also the only film in the franchise that made me jump several times, just saying!) Expand
  29. Oct 21, 2011
    While not a horrible film by any means, Scream 3 certainly doesn't live up to the heights established by its predecessors. It has its good moments, such as Parker Posey's performance as a whole, but all in all, it's not scary nor does it deliver any tension. This is a horror film, right? I didn't like how it took a more comedic route; it made the film dwell into self-parody.

Not terrible

Not terrible (as aforementioned), but it definitely isn't good. Not even close.
  30. Aaroni.
    Sep 24, 2003
    It was Brill!!!
  31. DwightV.
    Dec 3, 2004
    Considering that this is the 3 installement of a hooror film it succeeds greatly. It could have been a disaster...but it's not ....at all.
  32. TylerC
    Sep 28, 2004
    This movie proves one thing: All of the scream movies suck! There is not one single clip of this so called "horror trilogy" that actually scared me or gave me a thrill in the least! The first one was maybe ok because it poked fun at the genre but after that it really lost its flavor. There is absolutely no entertainment value in any of the three films.
  33. mos
    Oct 14, 2005
    Screem is the hotest scary movie ever its scary/funyand hot i have screem3 and all i no is that its hot!!!!!
  34. MichaelC.
    Feb 3, 2001
    It is an excellent end to a classical trilogy. Performance and script wise the movie is great, and should not be missed by fans of the first two.
  35. RyanM.
    May 28, 2001
    Not nearly as good as the first two, but it still holds its ground.
  36. StaceyG.
    Oct 4, 2003
    The first is always the best, still true but screen 3 beats out screem 2 because of its much better opening scene. the acting is still pretty good and the trilogy still has its charm. all scream fans will like this movie and i think it will surprise some other viewers as well.
  37. craign.
    Sep 23, 2005
    Tis wikd.
  38. GavinC
    Jul 27, 2009
    Though producing a scare now and then, it certainly isn't as entertaining as the previous two installments.
  39. KristenW.
    Dec 13, 2001
    Courteney Cox is awesome!!!

It's plenty entertaining, but the ending is disappointing, given the buildup.
    Even if Scream 3 lacks the punch and verve of the first two installments, it manages to wring some ironically metaphysical comedy from the movie-within-a-movie motif.
  3. About the only thing the movie kills with any decisiveness is your time.