Scream 4

6.4

1. Jun 23, 2012
    Scream 4 is one of the worst films I've ever seen: it is not clear if it is serious or a comedy. Indeed, often funny, but simply because it's ridiculous.
  2. Jul 19, 2011
    The movie inside the movie, inside of the original movie, in conclusion it was **** omg.! not long ago that crap was tremendous, everything, absolutely everything was lousy.
  3. May 26, 2012
    This movies plot was terrible how a girl wanted to take Sydney's place and she was behind the whole thing ghost face should be a guy not a girl. .everyone hers a tip this movie is a waste of your time.
  4. Apr 26, 2011
    This is postmodernism at its finest, with a pure lack of inspiration, and iteration after iteration.
    This movie actually builds upon all the parodies that ever came out for this franchise, and sadly it has lost its old values along with it.

Do not waste any money on this movie.
  5. Jan 10, 2012
    As the critic Michael O'Sullivan from the Washington Post noted in his review of the film, Scream 4 does not care whether one laughs with it or at it. And I definitely laughed at it. It was one of the most ridiculous attempts at a horror film that I have seen. With no scares, and barely a few thrills (but 49 different plot twists to make up for it, unfortunately), Scream 4 just fails atAs the critic Michael O'Sullivan from the Washington Post noted in his review of the film, Scream 4 does not care whether one laughs with it or at it. And I definitely laughed at it. It was one of the most ridiculous attempts at a horror film that I have seen. With no scares, and barely a few thrills (but 49 different plot twists to make up for it, unfortunately), Scream 4 just fails at being a horror and turns into a parody of itself and of the franchise it represents. Not remembering most of the previous Scream films, since I watched them a long time ago, I soon enough realised that there should not have been another Scream film in the first place. The desperation of the producers to get some more money out of the died franchise is obvious, when they are trying to "re-invent" the franchise through recycling old material but making it seem "original" and "different." I ended up laughing at most of the film (I guess, at least it was entertaining in that regard), but also found myself palm-slapping myself a number of times because of how poor the screenplay was. It is basically a comedy and has nothing what a horror ought to have. It is a failed attempt to rejuvenate the franchise, which in my eyes, has utterly failed. Hopefully this will be the last of the Scream films. Expand
  6. Apr 15, 2011
    If you like this movie you are probably the worst kind of person. Try reading a book once in a while or actually thinking... but don't hurt yourself.
  7. Apr 16, 2011
    a movie empties into emotions
    a way of wasting time, all you gave me is shame.
    although I could see that were trying to be ridiculous not ridiculous funny
    palicula is not afraid to laugh or gender is ridiculous
  8. Apr 15, 2011
    I was bored for most part, never really scared or terrified and kept thinking where are they going with this script? A lot of missed chances to make this one interesting unfortunately. I hoped this one would be more scary again, bring something new. But it went to go down the funny road instead and also repeat the all-to-familiar self-citing and irony, which I found just lame andI was bored for most part, never really scared or terrified and kept thinking where are they going with this script? A lot of missed chances to make this one interesting unfortunately. I hoped this one would be more scary again, bring something new. But it went to go down the funny road instead and also repeat the all-to-familiar self-citing and irony, which I found just lame and uninteresting. It's 2011, Wes Craven... Also I thought the movie wasn't clever like the first or parts of the second. Too many moments where you ask yourself if your intelligence as a viewer is being regarded at all. I would have loved this one to come out better, it's been 10 yrs and it seemed like they might just have had some great new takes on the series. But they didn't deliver that. More of the same old, which was great, even brilliant in part one, but doesn't drag out well in a forth installment. I rank this one as not as bad as the 3rd, but not as good as the 2nd film. Expand
  9. jdm
    Apr 15, 2011
    pure comedy plain and simple, not a moment of horror..just the same old lame cliches and stupidity. Besides a decent twist at the end the rest made me laugh
  10. Oct 29, 2011
    Really? This is what one of the most acclaimed classic, horror movie series has to offer me? A bunch of teenage girls getting hacked up? It may appeal to other people, (for reasons I don't fully understand) but that is not what I would call a good horror movie experience. I realize it's just suppose to be a fun scary movie to take your date on, but that is just to much for my liking.Really? This is what one of the most acclaimed classic, horror movie series has to offer me? A bunch of teenage girls getting hacked up? It may appeal to other people, (for reasons I don't fully understand) but that is not what I would call a good horror movie experience. I realize it's just suppose to be a fun scary movie to take your date on, but that is just to much for my liking. Acting performances were fine. But the whole plot was just stupid. Expand
  11. Nov 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is like the MW3 of scream the movie sucks balls Emma Roberts seriously who gets her in it she is Nickelodeon ancient dusty vagina plus the plot was bull **** just cause the dumb butch **** wanted to be like cindy I left the theaters after Hayden panettiere died in it seriously left then Expand
  12. Jul 4, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The artistic medium of film is very subjective. Every audience member has a different set of criteria they use to measure their viewing experience. Not everyone shares the same set of criteria. If we did, what a bland and uninspired world this would be.

What I Personally Liked About "Scream 4":
    Um. Give me a minute. I'm thinking. I'm thinking!!! It's saying something when even the normally reliable Neve Campbell seems like she's just going through the motions to grab a quick paycheck. Well, here's one thing I do like: Hayden Panettiere. She always deserves more credit than she receives and has the propensity to be a serious actress if given the opportunity. She's easily the best part of this sorry excuse of a "film." I suppose Emma Roberts is okay, too. She's certainly not horrible, she just feels like she's holding back for some reason, even in the finale. She needs to learn to cut loose a little.

What I Personally Disliked About "Scream 4":
    It's hard to pick a place to begin with this one. I will say that the triple false opening is a mind-numbingly tedious experience that should have been scrapped. There is a lifeless pacing to the entire production and there are too many stretches that rely on cliches instead of actual substance. There are no really solid supporting characters. While a lot of the ancillary characters weren't exactly fully formed in the original trilogy, they were still more interesting and had more personality than the ones seen here. The relationship between Dewey and Gale that was so unbearable in the third chapter has become rip-your-eyeballs-out-of-their-sockets-so-you-don't-have-to-witness-it-anymore bad. But the biggest drawback to this film is the one missed opportunity that could have saved the entire movie: Sidney Prescott should not have lived. Seriously. This was a monumental oversight by the filmmakers that could have brought about something unique within the genre. Having Jill Roberts get away with murder could have opened new doors for the franchise. Focusing on how a serial killer secretly maintains her "survivor" fame while trying not to get caught killing future victims would have been a superb idea for a fifth installment. "Scream 4" should have ended after Jill beat herself up and was being carted out of the house through the flashing of the paparazzi. Fade to white. End of film. However, mediocrity reigned supreme, Sidney lived and the whole shebang wound up scraping the bottom of the cinematic barrel.

My Overall Impression of "Scream 4":
    This is an inconsequential sequel that exists solely to appease the almighty dollar. Why tarnish a decent legacy for the sake of being greedy? It never works out well in the long run. I guess, to paraphrase a line from the movie (which came from Dewey no less - ugh!), "One generation's classic horror movie is another one's joke." This film is the joke and it is one that fails miserably.

1. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Apr 21, 2011
    The generational mix of actors works well enough, although Campbell too often seems stranded with little to do until the climax.
  2. Reviewed by: Marc Savlov
    Apr 21, 2011
    Too self-referential for its own good by half.
  3. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    Apr 19, 2011
    Scream 4 is so obsessed with the self-referential element that made the original Scream unique that it loses the capacity to be genuinely scary or funny.