8.2

1. Jun 3, 2015
    Pacing is very important when one is making a movie, it is so essential that if one does not know how to properly structure scenes he is screwed. The pacing in this film is not the only problem with it. Norm Macdonald makes a terribly annoying lead that kills any chance for the film to be somewhat decent. You get what you expect from Dave Chappelle, but he can only bring a few laughs fromPacing is very important when one is making a movie, it is so essential that if one does not know how to properly structure scenes he is screwed. The pacing in this film is not the only problem with it. Norm Macdonald makes a terribly annoying lead that kills any chance for the film to be somewhat decent. You get what you expect from Dave Chappelle, but he can only bring a few laughs from this otherwise ill fated comedic mess. In many ways this film reminds me of 1941. Instead of making the attempt to write good comedy the film makers decide to have the actors just yell at each other the whole movie. Loud does not equal good comedy it is just annoying. I will say Danny DeVito was well cast, but ultimately his character got a little too creepy to enjoy. There are a couple plot twists that keep what is happening, but that does not change the fact that the movie is absolutely unfunny. The ending feels completely rushed, as throughout the movie so many ideas were crammed and forced into an unsatisfying resolution. Expand
  2. Aug 12, 2011
    I can just say one thing about this movie, that really sucked and was so bad that I wanted to kill the director, I will say just 4 words: This movie is SCREWED
  3. AngelE.
    Nov 30, 2008
    It's disappointing and at the same time confirms that ( Real ) critics are jaded and why you should not put stock into their opinions. This is one of my all time favorite movies. I have easily watched this movie more than fifteen times. The entire cast is extremely funny. This one of the funniest movies ever made. It's funnier than Something about Mary that received plenty of It's disappointing and at the same time confirms that ( Real ) critics are jaded and why you should not put stock into their opinions. This is one of my all time favorite movies. I have easily watched this movie more than fifteen times. The entire cast is extremely funny. This one of the funniest movies ever made. It's funnier than Something about Mary that received plenty of acclaim. I feel that they rate it based on who is in the headline and not so much about the context. Do yourself a favor and disregard the critics opinions regarding this film and give it a chance. If you get Norm Mcdonald and Dave Chapelle' sense of humor then you will really enjoy this movie. Just writing this review makes me want to go back and watch it again. Expand
  4. MikeS.
    Jul 18, 2006
    This was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen I couldn't stop laugh. I mean it has a plot so your not going to laugh through the entire movie but when it's supposed to be funny it's hillarious.
  5. LeeH.
    May 17, 2006
    I liked the movie. Anybody that went to see Screwed thinking they were getting an A level hollywood comedy (is there such a thing?) with all the bells and whistles is an idiot. This was a tiny project and Norm's first real forray in to the movie genre. It wasn't a "great" comedy. But it was a pretty good one. MacDonald fans should be satisfied. Anything with Norm gets a 10 from me.
  6. Pearl
    Apr 25, 2004
    It may not be the best work for any of the actors, but you're sure to get a laugh or ten. I thought the movie was very funny. Very funny!
  7. Pearl
    Apr 25, 2004
  8. TomS.
    Apr 11, 2003
    Although true this movie is of low quality,you got to love what scott alexander did with practically nothing.
  9. AlbertH.
    Mar 9, 2003
    This movie has got to be my favorite movie ever.... Its been a while since I saw it but I loved it, I mean, it was good...... but apperantly critics who make money by watching movies while much of the world lives in hell hates it... I would rate all moves 10 if I were them, dont even know how lucky they are..... how sad.
  10. TashaB.
    Oct 11, 2002
    I have to admit some parts are stupid, but overall it's so funny! Critics are jut boring people who have nothing better to do than criticise great movies.
  11. AndrewC.
    Sep 24, 2002
    This movie was definitely quality. There are just some scenes that crack me up. I mean when he tries to convince the police officer that he was kidnapped by a 90 year old midget...one great scene like that makes the whole movie worth it!
  12. AHG.
    Sep 14, 2002
    Painful.. Just painful. What has filmmaking come to? And by the way critic-haters, the critics do a GREAT job, thats why their professionals. Many of them have spent years studying how to properly analyze a film and how much effort was made into making it, so you should just shaddup. Thanks.
  13. BenM.
    Aug 4, 2002
    Oh come on this movie was funny. Why don't people like Norm Macdonald?
  14. Rick
    Aug 4, 2002
    Just another example of stupid critics. Joe Dirt, all Chris Farley movies (xcept BH Ninja) are instant classics. Loosen up critics. I know your face will crack if you smile. OOh yes, we love any piece of crap that includes period costumes and alleged intrigue.
  15. AdamN.
    Jul 30, 2002
    My favorite comedy. The critics are A..holes who don't no a great movie from a waste of time.
    Jul 26, 2002
    A waste of time, film, effort...
  17. EarlD.
    Jun 29, 2002
    This movie made me laugh. Danny Devito and ms. stretch steal film.
  18. Kelly
    Jun 26, 2002
    Norm Macdonald is amazing. DeVito is great in even the worst of roles. Dave Chappelle hitting people with a lamp? Could it get any better than that?
  19. K-doglambo
    Jun 12, 2002
    If you close your eyes and cover your ears, then the movie's not bad.
  20. Byh
    Jan 1, 2002
    Absolutely stunning and funny.
  21. RyanL.
    Dec 19, 2001
    The worst... ever. And I like practically everything, and and a big Norm fan. Danny DeVito's first scene is the only thing in the whole movie that made me laugh. I hate myself for paying to see it.
  22. TomD.
    Aug 27, 2001
    Dat is da biggest load of hullabaloo I have ever seen with apalling language and nudity.
  23. FelipeDog
    May 15, 2001
    Best ever.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 13 Critics

First-time directors Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski must have written the script for this comedy when they were about 12--and not changed a word.
  2. A confusedly misconceived hybrid of interracial buddy comedy and imitation Marx Brothers farce.
  3. Gives stupid, vulgar comedy a bad name.