8.4

1. Mar 22, 2014
    Esta pelicula me gusto mucho, tuvo suspenso."Se7en" es una pelicula que tiene un buen argumento y un buen guion, ademas de buenas actuaciones, como las de Morgan Freeman, Brad Pitt y Kevin Spacey.
  2. Dec 30, 2013
    If Fincher didn’t invent the convention of the brilliant serial killer always being just one step ahead of the police, he unquestionably perfected it here. This is the twisted psychopath unleashing his vengeance upon the deserving, avaricious world at its absolute best. And this remains Fincher’s best film.

Two cops in New York are hunting a serial killer. The presence of the killer is
    momentous even before the detectives track him down, once caught, the killer is channeled through Kevin Spacey with a disturbingly authentic evil calm.

Written by Andrew Kevin Walker, this amazing original script that was almost never made. Walker wrote it as an original screenplay around 1991. Apparently he was quite depressed at the time. New Line Cinema bought it, but it took years before it went into production Walker went to work on other projects thinking the script would never be made, but it was. It was released Sept 22, 1995.
    By using the seven deadly sins as the basis for justifying the killer’s prerogative, the film’s plot is definitely one of the best around, added to this amped up, excellent performances by Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman, the production comes off flawlessly, but Seven is so haunting and goes down as one of the best Thrillers of all time because of Fincher’s vision of a hellish New York. This world is poison and Fincher makes it seep.

The grit and grime of the crimes scenes combined with filth of the city streets, alleyways, rooftops, constantly being pounded with rain, darkness engulf even the few happy moments of the film. So much of this film’s beauty is in the compilation. The sets and lighting are so complex that making Seven must have been the result of a finely tuned crew, each member bulked up on their own creative genius. It is how everything, every element aligns perfectly that makes Se7en such a phenomenal filmmaking achievement.
  3. Dec 12, 2013
    The Devil Of Thriller !!

**Se7en**

* The Darkness will make you blind in which it serves you the thrill and mystery This movie is extremely brilliant which dazzles in extreme surprises,mystery and also goosebumps Intelligent screen play is the main factor for the movie to shoot the components needed to be displayed in such orderly fashion without any disruption The Director of
    this film David Fincher has made this movie into a master piece by giving correct amount of properties and attributes to this film such a task is performed perfectly. The acting phase of Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman have a great chemistry with each other considering their roles in this film they stand out as iconic they both make an amazing performance The character John Doe portrayed by Kevin Spacey has accomplished perfectly in displaying a terrific serial killer by giving its charm and grace to the character itself This movies tells that it knows what darkness really is and it shows how thrilling it will be Overall Movie is Dark & Brilliant but also shines as a sparkled gem stone .

Se7en :**********

(10/10) Stars
  4. Nov 12, 2013
    The dynamic between the young rookie and the experienced cop is caught very nicely. Both the leads (Freeman and Pitt) do not disappoint. They argue and protest against each others' theories and methods. Paltrow turned out a nice supporting performance. Kevin Spacey yet again amazed and enthralled with the finesse with which he captures the idiosyncrasies of his characters.

The
    cinematography was wonderful_ creating an atmosphere of claustrophobia, forcing people together who would rather prefer to remain cold and distant. The constant rains weigh down on the mood and that is exactly the feeling one should feel in a movie about a serial killer. The gore was unrepentantly included where it was absolutely required to get the right feeling for the scene. The movie never shies from the subject matter.

I wasn't very impressed with the ending the first time I watched it. I found it underwhelming in the light of all the awesome stuff that had preceded. The villain, however, was played with perfection. But I still thought some imagination could have gone into it. I don't mean that it should have been a happy ending. I just felt that it kind of fizzled out. It was only when I watched it afterwards that I accepted the director's vision. It was his movie and I had to accept it, and I began to see his vision as more realistic and logical. And then I realized that this movie was a masterpiece. It was pure perfection. The sense of depth and splendour it evokes makes me certain in my belief that this movie is a classic. It has to be David Fincher's best work.
  5. Sep 19, 2013
    So, what is in the box? We will never know, and that's what makes Se7en so mystical and intriguing. Technically I can't spoil the ending, because we all have our own interpretation of it ourselves. Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman blow us away with a smart script that knows exactly what's going on in the movie, and the grisly crime scenes make us nauseous just to look at, but they are pure genius, especially when you know they were executed by the oddly satisfying Kevin Spacey as John Doe. Nary has a crime thriller akin to this one come along that has topped this movie. Expand
  6. Aug 17, 2013
    This movie had me on the edge of my seat the whole way through. The background music created a great atmosphere of suspense and dread. The acting was top notch, the story was creepy but incredibly interesting. I seriously have no complaints.
  7. Jun 8, 2013
    An epic masterpiece among thrillers. Pitt and Freeman are better than ever here and Fincher's work is excellent. I watched it and re-watched it. One of my all-time favorite movies.
  8. Jun 7, 2013
    Really cool movie. If you can get past the blunt force trauma that is Brat Pitt's (purposefully) annoying character then it's a good watch. Some of the sets in the film are fantastic and right on point. I hope the set designers got more than just a nod for this one. It's a cynical film, but one that, despite it's horror, is still somehow rooted in reality, and that's the most disturbing part.
  9. Feb 22, 2013
    David Fincher is one of Hollywood's most popular directors, but it's the film Seven that got him his start. This is one of my all-time favorite movie, because it features one of the best casts ever put together, and one of the best endings you will ever see. This dark and gritty crime thriller follows the investigation into a serial killer, who kills his victims based on the seven deadly sins. It is the type of movie that can never be remade or out done, a once in a lifetime film that will shock and thrill audience for decades to come. It's on many top ten lists, including mine, and you will be hard pressed to find a better film. From beginning to end this film is a winner and it is definitely one that should be in your queue. Expand
  10. Jan 30, 2013
    Despite the fact that it's about as "feel-good" as one of those Sarah McLachlan ASPCA ads, "Seven" is still an impossibly well acted, written, and directed crime thriller, featuring one of the most disturbing climaxes I've ever seen on film .
  11. Nov 7, 2012
    The movie remains just an excellent crime-thriller until the very end, when the villain is revealed along with the final act of his master plan. That is when it becomes great.
  12. Apr 26, 2012
    After seeing se7en I was blown away, it was mesmerizing and grotesque. I was very sad with the ending but I would admit I would do the same thing. It was very good at building tension and being suspenseful. The crime scenes were sick and made complete sense with the deadly sin it was supposed to be associated with. The dialogue was terrific with funny lines everytime detective somerset and detective mills talked to one another. A great step up from Alien 3 from director David Fincher. A must see. Be cautious to watch with a tight christian or someone who throws up for seeing something gruesome. Expand
  13. Apr 1, 2012
    Powerful, captivating and gruesome. Se7en plays out at an accelerating pace, drawing the viewer in more and more. As Morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt put aside their differences and piece together the mystery, we're presented with (crime)scene after scene filled with brutal, intricate murders, each pertaining to the seven deadly sins. Fincher's direction is masterful; the visual atmosphere created by the dark lighting and aesthetics are complemented perfectly by the chilling soundtrack. Freeman and Pitt are both great, playing complex characters, and the character development and interaction was one of the best features of the film. Se7en is truly a classic thriller, and something recent horror films such as the SAW franchise owe a lot to. Expand
  14. Mar 31, 2012
    First off I would give this a 9.75 out of 10. Near perfection. Well acted by both Morgan Freeman and brad pitt. Story is great. It's so suspenseful wondering what'll happen next. Score is outstanding. Adds to the intensity. Overall this is probably one of the greatest underrated thrillers ever. You need to see this movie.
  15. Feb 26, 2012
    Seven makes for a diverting, if rarely entertaining crime-thriller. The plot held so much promise - a film about a deranged serial killer basing his elaborate murders around the seven deadly sins could have been really interesting and really memorable. As it is, Seven is always technically flawless, with atmospheric lighting, well-framed shots and a gritty noirish feel to the whole film (a testament to David Fincher's skill as a director even this early in his career), but it's just not particularly engaging. The story moves at a snail's pace, with lengthy and clunky exposition and extended philosophy-heavy dialogue scenes linking together the discoveries of each of the victim's brutalised bodies. Morgan Freeman is at his very best playing good-natured and by-the-book, but and frustrated police detective William Somerset, and Kevin Spacey makes a creepy, emotionally detached killer. Brad Pitt, however, is not on form. If you compare Detective David Mills to his most prominent roles just before and just after Seven (True Romance and Interview with the Vampire, and Twelve Monkeys) Pitt's performance just looks lazy, smug, and under-developed. Gwyneth Paltrow as Tracy, Detective Mills' wife, makes little impact whatsoever. My main problem with Seven is that it seems to think that it's exceedingly clever, when in fact it's rather dumb. A relatively well-written script by Andrew Kevin Walker cannot hide a paper-thin plot which gives the film one point to make, over and over again - that the world isn't a very nice place. Well, duh. I can still see Seven's influence on crime and horror films, but I really think similar material has been handled far better, and far less pretentiously in recent years (the first Saw for instance, I find far more engaging, entertaining and memorable). At least the film has a now iconic, and well-crafted finale - and I think Fincher owed us that after making us sit through a very long, quite boring piece of mock-intellectual schlock. Seven may look good, and Freeman and Spacey are great, but the rest of the cast, the lazy and plodding story, and film's misplaced feel of smugness in its own brilliance really let it down. And people who spell the film "Se7en" make me want to think up my own cruel and unusual punishments... Expand
  16. Jan 27, 2012
    A true original. Great acting from Pitt; probably the role that launched him into the bigshot he is today. The whole thing is creepy. It's not meant to be Saw. Man, people are dumb.
  17. Jan 1, 2012
    It was ok. I was suprised by Pitt though, He was bad in the film. Some serious over acting by him and it ruins quite a few scenes (mainly the ending). Freeman was ok in it, Rather generic considering his other performances. Spacey was great though, Super creepy in his role and he played it perfectly. Overall though the entire plot was too straight forward and really had no imagination to it. Seriously overrated imo. Expand
  18. Nov 27, 2011
    Its not good but its not bad. Brad Pitt does a suprisingly bad job in this film and overacts quite a bit, Morgan Freeman is generic as well (neither good nor bad). Overall the film is a little interesting but its not that good.
  19. Sep 22, 2011
    "Se7en" is a disturbing movie because of everything the movie pertains. From powerful performances by Freeman and Pitt to the creepy Spacey, the dialogue was also a intelligently written one too. Although the story may be hard to follow or understand, "Se7en" is a masterpiece, the godfather of all crime thrillers.
  20. CRL
    Aug 5, 2011
    Se7en starts out by painting the world of this nameless city in perfect relief, gathering details and herding them into your senses until they reach overload. Once this atmospheric phase ends, the plot begins to take shape methodically and carefully, giving time to every faint thread in its massive and twisted web. The characters become more than just people on a screen; they become so real that you need to remind yourself that characters are all they are. Finally, as it nears its conclusion, Se7en pulls you into an emotional roller-coaster until its dark, macabre, and heart-wrenching ending. Expand
  21. Jul 30, 2011
    Based on the Seven Deadly Sins, this movie is sinfully entertaining, holding your attention til the end. Dark at times, "Se7en" keeps you interested from frame one. The movie is honest in its portrayal of each crime, delivering visual evidence of each sin...one by one. The criminal's maniacle plan lays out with one unfold after another. Cleverly wrapping the audience in a shroud of character comfort, this movie takes you where you never thought you would go. Expand
  22. May 24, 2011
    From the director of the 1992 Alien 3 comes a dark, highly disturbing and gruesome film that is most certainly not for the faint of heart. The film focuses around two New York detectives trying to catch a religious serial killer who bases his murders on the seven sins; lust, pride, greed, wrath, gluttony, envy and sloth. Each murder leaves a clue to the next and this man is highly intelligent in how he plans out his acts of atrocity. However, what really cements the movie is the climax, where one of the detectives has to become one of the sins mentioned above ( No, I am not saying which one it is ). All in all, a horrifying and genuinely scary film that rivals the Sixth Sense in its final twist. Expand
  23. Feb 1, 2011
    One of the best films of the 90s.Thrilling,outstanding with beautiful perfomances by Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman.It's really disgusting,blood packed but it doesn't fail to impress with its well crafted and clever plot.A real classic!
  24. Jan 12, 2011
    Yes the acting by Brad Pitt is pretty bad but beyond that this movie is great. Freeman, Paltrow, and Spacey deliver. It does have a great story. To me it is more of a suspense thriller than horror film. To me it speaks of how society is and what evil even innocent people are capable of. All people sin even to the extent of the seven deadly ones.
  25. Nov 19, 2010
    I honestly don't understand people who are calling this "a classic" "brilliant" or "best film ever." Se7en is not a bad film, technically speaking. It certainly hits all the required marks as far as cinematography and scripting go. However, it's ultimately an unlovable and dare I say unmemorable film. To be sure, there was some morbid creativity to the kills. But they lacked any real "bite," being presented in a dull, almost routine fashion. The same could be said for the film as a whole. There is no tension, no drive to the entire thing. Rather, Fincher heaps piles and piles of dark oily angst on the viewer, seemingly in hopes that the result will equal a thrilling, gritty story. Instead, 'Se7en' feels bogged down by its own narcissism; So buried in nightmares and horrifying imagery that nothing else can possibly leave a lasting impression on the viewer. And in the end, I do have to admit that it is quite effective at creating an atmosphere of horrible, rotting apathy. It's certainly up there with The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Eraserhead in that respect. And I suppose I can understand seeing it just to see its unique visual style. And of course Morgan Freeman is always fun to watch. Unfortunately, as good as the atmosphere is, Se7en fails as a thriller, and even as a quasi-horror film. It lacks tension, drive, and cannot even deliver the sort of boorish "gut-punch" that can (on a very basic level) save films like this. Not a terrible film, but far from classic caliber. Expand

A decidedly medieval enterprise, darker in text and tone than a Gothic cathedral by the light of the moon.
  2. This homicide thriller has a tantalizingly morbid atmosphere of unease.
  3. Not even bags of body parts, a bitten-off tongue or a man forced to cut off a pound of his own flesh keep it from being dull. [22 September 1995, p. C18]