3.6

1. Apr 17, 2014
    I like the Child's Play films because of the horror, but I like Seed and Bride of Chucky because they are comedy. Seed still has a few hints of horror, but most of it is humorous.
  2. Dec 31, 2013
    The whole series is my guilty pleasure. Actually,I LOVED Bride of Chucky. Not because it was scary,but because it was hilarious. I have not a single clue why this doll, voiced expertly by the respected Brad Dourif, has captured my fantasy and gaze. Perhaps because it is ridiculous, edgy, and at times there are some one liners that I have laughed over for hours on end,

Seed is more of

Seed is more of the black sheep of the series. It's comedic, but it's also not very well directed which is explained by Don Mancini, the creator/director. As much as I love the whole Tiffany/Chucky already married and having a baby, I felt there could have more to really sink some teeth into. I am not ashamed to admit it, this is a fun ride if you're able to look past the film's flaws. Ordinarily, I would suggest not viewing it at all, but if you have a love for the series (especially if you love Brad Dourif's work) it's certainly worth a look. I'll come back to view this every once in a while.
  3. Oct 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Seed of Chucky is the 4th sequel to the popular horror movie, Child's Play (1988) revolving around a killer doll named Chucky, trying to possess a young boy named Andy Barclay. Now 16 years after the original, we have Seed of Chucky. Seed of Chucky is the 2nd Chucky film to have taken more of a comedic turn, in order to keep the series a bit fresh and more enjoyable to a general audience. In the film, it is much different from the original 3, in that Chucky is not after Andy. Now, after the events of Bride of Chucky, we are out behind the eyes of their son/daughter Glen/Glenada, the offspring of Chucky and his girlfriend Tiffany, and like them, he is also a doll with human characteristics. In the film, the story bounces around a lot, and their are few plot holes and inconsistencies. Sometimes characters get to certain places that would seem REALLY difficult to find or even get to, but they do anyway, without an explanation, it just kind of happens.. Basically this is what happens, Glen flies to LA after seeing his alive 'parents' on TV, when he arrives, he finds them in storage of a Hollywood set and reads the chant of the old Voodoo medallion that Chucky apparently gave him after he was killed? (This makes no f****** sense...) After that, they rise from the dead and Glen tells them that he is their offspring, and after some arguing, they accept him. Shortly after this, they kill and it shows how much of a p**** Glen is compared to his parents. On the other hand, Jennifer Tilly, the actress playing Tiffany on the TV show is trying to land a movie role by sleeping with some black guy. Eventually, Chucky and Tiffany get her pregnant and they orchestrate this big plan to put their souls (Chucky, Tiffany, and Glen/Glenada) into Jennifer Tilly, her random limo driver, and one of her two babies that some how come out clean? But, Chucky at the last second decides not to do it, and he kills Tiffany, shortly after, Glen kills Chucky for some reason. Then it skips to five years later at some birthday party, and apparently, Tiffany somehow managed to transfer her soul into Jennifer, Glen's soul into the baby boy, and as for the baby girl, she just acts like Chucky with her mischievous behavior, and has red hair. Then, Glen gets some random a** present and when he opens it, it has Chucky's severed arm, which attacks him. THE END. This movie is stupid and really inconsistent, but it is fun and adds a new character to laugh at, Glen, while reciprocating the newly found comedic roots from 1998's Bride of Chucky. In this movie you basically just watch Chucky be an a**hole, while seeing some killing and doll boobs. Nonetheless, not the worst movie I have ever seen, and some of the POV shots were pretty cool. 5/10 Expand
  4. Oct 2, 2013
    Liked the previous Chucky films, Thought this one was absolute garbage. Incredibly stupid and needlessly comedic. There is a reason why it took nearly 10 years to put out another film. Seed of Chucky ruined the franchise.
  5. Sep 1, 2013
    I love the original Child's Play movies, and I did enjoy Bride of Chucky, but this movie was awful. Its not scary at all, nor is even that funny. The thought of Chucky having a wimpy kid or having a kid whatsoever is absurd, or having to cut down on killing like it is a drug. Chucky was meant to kill and it's ridiculous that the director thought that would be a good idea. Child's Play 1,I love the original Child's Play movies, and I did enjoy Bride of Chucky, but this movie was awful. Its not scary at all, nor is even that funny. The thought of Chucky having a wimpy kid or having a kid whatsoever is absurd, or having to cut down on killing like it is a drug. Chucky was meant to kill and it's ridiculous that the director thought that would be a good idea. Child's Play 1, 2, and 3 are the best in the series, Seed of Chucky is an insult to horror/comedies and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Expand
  6. Mar 26, 2013
    A REALLY poor attempt. Chucky is pretty much my favorite Horror movie villain. Here, he's just a pathetic joke. But, it's not his fault. Just absolutely poor writing from a script spewed out by a dyslexic Downs syndrome patient. You can hear that Brad Dourif was really trying his best with what he was given, but even that wasn't enough. Chucky is perhaps the ONLY saving grace in thisA REALLY poor attempt. Chucky is pretty much my favorite Horror movie villain. Here, he's just a pathetic joke. But, it's not his fault. Just absolutely poor writing from a script spewed out by a dyslexic Downs syndrome patient. You can hear that Brad Dourif was really trying his best with what he was given, but even that wasn't enough. Chucky is perhaps the ONLY saving grace in this movie. Everything and everyone else is just terrible. Okay, to be honest Tiffany did have a few moments and it was funny watching the two murderous dolls have "family" issues. But that wore off fast. Overall: A crap movie that has a few enjoyable moments, but nowhere near enough to save it or even make it average. Expand
  7. Jan 1, 2011
    This review contains spoilers. I haven't seen any of the first 3 Chucky films, but fell in love with Bride Of Chucky, because of the introduction of Tiffany, played by the very beautiful Jennifer Tilly. This film, I was expecting it to be a great follow up to that great film. Sadly, it wasn't. Glen's character is, well, I liked that he was simply on a quest to find his parents, and I liked how he tapped into his killer instinct at the end of the film to kill his father, and how he didn't want to kill like his parents, but, here come the bad points. His British accent. I know that he got it from travelling with that **** at the beginning, but it just doesn't seem right. The whole Glen also Glenda also just felt unneeded, like it was something just added at the last minute to give the plot another twist. Him knowing Japanese, and doing the kung fu against Chucky, where did that come from? Maybe he learnt it from TV while in his cage, but come on! The act at the start was just crap. And the pissing! For gods sake, WTF? and how did the opening scene in that house fit in to the story? The film itself, well let me break it down. Chucky was brilliant as usual, especially the Britney Spears scene "Oops, I did it again" and the Shining parody scene. It was great to see his killer instinct unchanged, and him trying to pass it on to his son, but the masturbation scene just felt wrong. I didn't dislike him instantly trying to kill Tiffany, but I loved their character dynamic. Shame it looks like the duo won't be together again. Tiffany, brilliant like in the last film, I especially liked how she was trying to quit killing, but she knew Glen looked like a boy, why bother trying to convince herself he was Glenda? I liked that she got to be human with her children, and that her killer instinct hadn't left. Jennifer Tilly, I felt her character was too sluttish for her own good. Her complete change of character after she'd given birth felt a little tacked on and I wasn't liking her sluttish ways to get ahead with Redman. Speaking of which, he was a pretty useless character. Why bother including him? And the chauffer, he needed to be included more to have felt sympathy for me from his death. Hannah Spearrit's character, I felt a little sympathy for her, having to put up with Jennifer Tilly's sluttyness, and she needed a little more screen time. For all of this, I felt a little dissapointed by this film. It was bad, but it wasn't horrible. Collapse
  8. TaylorG.
    Aug 29, 2006
    The Chucky movies are probably my favorite horror/comedy movies of all time. This one wasn't the greatest out of all of them, but it was still pretty good.
  9. KatieL.
    Aug 20, 2005
    This movie is hilarious. They picked the right voices for the characters. And Glen is the cutest little thing I've ever seen. It is awesome.
  10. BrianG.
    Aug 8, 2005
    Complete and total garbage.
  11. moviemaster
    Jun 26, 2005
    The movie sucked because chucky should not be a damn comedy it should be a horror. the old childs play movies kicked ass. and the seed just needed to die cause he was a waste of life, time space and move. so i give it a perfect zero. i hope they make one like the good old original ones.
  12. JohnB
    Jun 14, 2005
    I am a huge Chucky fan. Despite all the bad reviews, I rented it and judged it for myself. It had no plot. It was not scary at all. Inshort; it was stupid. I could go on indefinately outlining it's faults. To say that it was a Childs Play installment would be an insult to the great previous installments. I would not even call it a "B" movie. Chucky jerking off was the only funny part I am a huge Chucky fan. Despite all the bad reviews, I rented it and judged it for myself. It had no plot. It was not scary at all. Inshort; it was stupid. I could go on indefinately outlining it's faults. To say that it was a Childs Play installment would be an insult to the great previous installments. I would not even call it a "B" movie. Chucky jerking off was the only funny part of the entire film. The jerkoff who made it should be ashamed and defamed for butchering such a great series!!! Expand
  13. VictoriaS.
    Jun 12, 2005
    That was the best movie i ever saw! It's hilarious and scary! It should be the best movie of the year!
  14. wossname*
    May 26, 2005
    A zero mark would be harsh but, as Jennifer Tilly has some good lines, the film is better than unwatchable. The self-parody fails to entertain and most of the gross-out doll action has already been done, and done better, by Matt Stone and Trey Parker in Team America: World Police. The franchise should have finished at least 2 films ago and it is now time to put Chucky back in his box for good.
  15. Leo
    May 19, 2005
    Excellent fun film! Lets hope they make another.
  16. Jennifer
    Feb 23, 2005
    This movie ROCKS ASS!!!!!
  17. Nagash
    Jan 21, 2005
    BEST horror-comedy ever made! lots of quotes on top-rated directors like Hitchcock, Kubrick, Argento, Fulci... a must see to every fan of the genre. nice job. the characters are almost cartoon.
  18. GUnit
    Nov 18, 2004
    Not quite perfect, but adventurous, hilarious, and almost always fun. Seed of Chucky really goes all out in its exploration of its themes. Some of the jokes fall flat, while others rise so far above the average Hollywood pablum as to be almost surreal.
  19. ChadS.
    Nov 16, 2004
    "Seed of Chucky" misses its golden opportunity to be a cult classic by lacking the conviction to be bonkers, settling instead for occasionaly eccentric. The ending is pretty generic stuff, especially the final frame, which honors and gives precedence of the horror storyline over Jennifer Tilly's winning self-deprecation in the comic meta-narrative. A Hollywood star that harbors the "Seed of Chucky" misses its golden opportunity to be a cult classic by lacking the conviction to be bonkers, settling instead for occasionaly eccentric. The ending is pretty generic stuff, especially the final frame, which honors and gives precedence of the horror storyline over Jennifer Tilly's winning self-deprecation in the comic meta-narrative. A Hollywood star that harbors the dark secret of mothering a schizophrenic orphan would've been more entertaining than what transpires here. "Seed of Chucky" is needlessly gory, but you can imagine John Waters imploring, "Gorier! Gorier!" to the F/X team. The film might appeal to non-horror fans because Tilly upstages the dolls. Expand
  20. SeanP
    Nov 16, 2004
    I think this very well might be the movie made by god. It is the best I have ever seen.
  21. RS
    Nov 15, 2004
    Let the doll die already. Sheesh.
  22. alexg
    Nov 14, 2004
    yeah it was more funny than scary but still an average movie. its time to give up on this franchise i think. and how can the scores of the 8 reviews be 39? roger ebert has his score on the film out which he gave two stars out of four with that added in i would think the film would have a higher score than it does.
  23. SamJ.
    Nov 14, 2004
    How my wife and I wound up seeing this abomination with two friends as a result of a few sellouts on other choices, is the real crime! It is one the cheapest, silliest and dumbest films ever created. The makers of the film should be arrested.
  24. LaurenceH
    Nov 13, 2004
    Dreadful. I spent 9.50 $ on this movie and I WANT IT BACK! This movie is a real shame!

1. Reviewed by: Chad Bixby
    Recommended for the toothsome Jennifer Tilly, the manic Billy Boyd, some inventive deaths, some inspired gore, and one frankly hilarious scene involving Tilly and a decapitated corpse.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Fox
    In the end it's simply another Chucky movie -- whether that's a recommendation or a warning is entirely up to you.
  3. Reviewed by: Richard James Havis
    Does possess some eccentric moments of high camp humor. But other than that, this low-concept slasher/horror film suffers from creaky direction, a tatty story line, and -- even worse, considering the genre -- a lack of suspense and shocks.