4.3

1. RobertJ.
    Sep 9, 2007
    September Dawn is an outstanding and convincing re-counting of a true historical event. Sure the Mormons don't like it, but hey, Christians are not proud of the Crusades either. I have seen and heard interviews of Jon Voight regarding the truth of the story. He is totally convincing in his belief that the main story element, the massacre of Christians, is true. The professional September Dawn is an outstanding and convincing re-counting of a true historical event. Sure the Mormons don't like it, but hey, Christians are not proud of the Crusades either. I have seen and heard interviews of Jon Voight regarding the truth of the story. He is totally convincing in his belief that the main story element, the massacre of Christians, is true. The professional Critics reveal their anti-Christian bias by their low ratings. Expand
  2. khela'ri
    Aug 30, 2009
    This was a very good movie, where it shows all of us what that amount of hatred can do to a group of people. This is an untold story that needs to be in the history books, the Mormons have tried hard to keep this under wraps and now its out in the open, we should respect those who died on that day, and remember them because their story is no less important that the story of slavery and This was a very good movie, where it shows all of us what that amount of hatred can do to a group of people. This is an untold story that needs to be in the history books, the Mormons have tried hard to keep this under wraps and now its out in the open, we should respect those who died on that day, and remember them because their story is no less important that the story of slavery and that of WW1 ad WW2. Kudos, to Christoper Cain, his crew and cast for such an outstanding movie. Expand
  3. MindyT.
    Sep 3, 2007
    Mormons will score it low!
  4. ScottF.
    Aug 23, 2007
    10 just for the courage to take on the subject matter. The modern LDS church is a force to be reckoned with, little resembles the extremest cult that Joseph Smith began. The control of the LDS church is such that members know very little about actual LDS history aside from the sanitized, white-washed version the leadership wants to present.
  5. AngelaS.
    Aug 26, 2007
    After all the years I've spent studying Mormon doctrine and the stories I've read about the massacre, I was greatly impressed. This movie brought to life the story exactly the way I imagined it as well as presenting frightening pieces of Mormon doctrine. Excellent!!!
  6. BarryJ.
    Aug 29, 2007
    I loved this movie! The LDS Church is launching a smear campaign to shift their follower's and American public's interest. This movie forced them to come clean about the church involvement in 150 years!
  7. PhilS.
    Aug 28, 2007
    Great Movie!!! This movie is historically accurate and powerful. Jon Voight gave a great performance. Politically correct it is not. I am glad I saw it before I read the reviews. Ignore the PC press. The slaughter of 120 men, women and children by a religous cult that appears respectable deserves to be examined. See the movie, Google the controversial aspects and judge for yourself.
  8. Paul
    Aug 24, 2007
    While being a hard film to watch, and so very violent, it is an important film to remind us all of the danger of blind faith and devotion to the utterances of religious leaders. Without the irrationality of religious belief and organized religions, there would never have been a September Dawn, and no film such as this would have been made. The release of this film, near the 15th While being a hard film to watch, and so very violent, it is an important film to remind us all of the danger of blind faith and devotion to the utterances of religious leaders. Without the irrationality of religious belief and organized religions, there would never have been a September Dawn, and no film such as this would have been made. The release of this film, near the 15th anniversary of the Waco siege, is a great reminder of what can come when the brute power of government and the irrationalism of fundamentalist religions meet. Too bad this is not a better-made film, but the message of religion run amuck is too important too overlook, especially in this PC world. Expand

Shot in a style that might be termed Americana gravitas, September Dawn has the ham-fisted lyricism of political ads and pharmaceutical commercials. The schematic script is further burdened with heavy ironies and hackneyed dialogue.
  2. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    The didactic presentation, grim speechifying and tacked-on love story all signify a less-than-healthy regard for the audience's intelligence.
  3. It's a soap opera posing as moral outrage.