7.6

1. Jul 8, 2012
    The description says epic, but I wouldn't call it that. I would say it is worth a watch. The role Bronson plays is far from the Bond characters-which I liked. The storyline isn't that original but the backdrop of the Civil War makes it more intriguing.
  2. Nov 28, 2010
    Wow. I caught this movie by accident on late-night television, assuming it would be a mediocre dud appropriate for falling asleep to. But far from it. The acting is excellent and the imagery is positively mesmerizing. The recreation of the period is convincing, capturing the rawness and strangeness of the era and place. Using nature as a protagonist is hardly a new idea, but it is done so well that it's brilliant. A simple story executed impeccably. The ending, contrary to what some reviews have said, I found perfect. Extremely underrated movie. Collapse

1. A beautifully shot (by Oscar-winning cinematographer John Toll) but dramatically empty pursuit picture set in the untamed West.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Aside from spasms of brutal violence, however, there's nothing rousing or new here.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Wilonsky
    Seraphim Falls has decent pep in its step till the final 30 minutes, when it's finally revealed why Neeson's bounty hunter is after Brosnan's surly mountain man. The flashback finale and all that comes after (and keeps on comin') drags on so long even the leads look exhausted. Till then, it's yet another replay of "The Most Dangerous Game," and Brosnan and Neeson are game for it.