5.8

1. Sep 11, 2011
    Contrary to what the usual experience is, the movie is even better than the book, which I read a couple of months ago. The story, acting, and forward motion of the movie held our attention, and it was truly an old fashioned quality movie, without the embarrassing low-class dialog and computer-enhanced imaging used in most movies to artificially hold our interest.
  2. Sep 7, 2011
    Someone finally made a movie with a real life story that didn't have just a bunch of cussing and sex.....Just some decency for a family to enjoy.......Hope the general public gives this movie a chance and decides to spend their dollar on a movie with a message.
  3. Sep 4, 2011
    What can I say, Robert Duvall is awesome as always! In addition to Mr. Duvall's superb performance, the movie's message accurately points out that Golf is a game that can teach valuable life lessons. Living with perspective, balance, and emotional control are a few of them. I felt my time well spent which is not something I can say for most movies.
  4. Sep 4, 2011
    just saw this movie and really enjoyed it. Robert Duval is great and I loved his character and the unconventional way that he taught Luke. Great scenery and great message for all of us!
  5. Sep 2, 2011
    This movie may not have all of the polish of the run-of-the-mill Hollywood movies, but it was extremely refreshing to be able to watch without hearing vulgarity, seeing inappropriate dress, and being drenched in the usual blood and guts typically seen today. We've lost our innocence in this country and we thirst for extremes in entertainment beyond reason or good judgement. If it seemed blaw to some viewers, maybe they need to check their hearts and minds - too much yuck has gone in. I for one was happily surprised by the message, performances, and lessons to ponder. Maybe it wasn't perfect in the eyes of many but I left the movie not feeling beat up or disgusted for a change. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    Sep 2, 2011
    It's a lot more cornball – i.e., enjoyable – than "The Tree of Life," which tried for some of the same things. Utopia, with its big blue skies and peachy-keen people, may not rank right up there with Shangri-La, but it's close enough.
  2. Reviewed by: Gary M. Kramer
    Sep 2, 2011
    Seven Days in Utopia is flawed in so many ways -- the editing, writing, acting and Matthew Dean Russell's direction are uniformly weak -- that this well-intentioned film does its positive messages a disservice.
  3. Reviewed by: Joe Neumaier
    Sep 2, 2011
    There's a climactic putt, of course, but by then you wish Duvall would get one more "Tender Mercies" under his belt so you can forget about this tin cup of a family flick.