6.2

1. PatC.
    Jun 2, 2005
    Fun to watch and has its cute moments, but lots of formula and little substance. Gere's character is shallow, and haplessly dishonest to his wife, while Lopez provokes all the emotional empathy of an android.
  2. TyroneA.
    Oct 14, 2004
    This is an unmitigated disaster. Avoid at all costs as you have been warned.
  3. MikeC.
    Oct 15, 2004
    J Lo, please go back to singing! Susan, you are an incredibly talented actress. Why waste your time on this crap?
  4. RexS.
    Oct 15, 2004
    The Japanese film was a sweet, thoughtful gem. Hollywood, in full suck-tacular mode, chooses two clothing outfits that are often mistaken as actors, and decides to crank up the budget. What a shame, what a waste, what insight into how little originality Hollywood has left. Until they realize they have forgotten to make a live action movie out of "Courtship of Eddie's Father" - this The Japanese film was a sweet, thoughtful gem. Hollywood, in full suck-tacular mode, chooses two clothing outfits that are often mistaken as actors, and decides to crank up the budget. What a shame, what a waste, what insight into how little originality Hollywood has left. Until they realize they have forgotten to make a live action movie out of "Courtship of Eddie's Father" - this is the best H-Wood can do. Expand
  5. JanH.
    Feb 27, 2005
    I watched this on the plane to America, if there was *anything* else to do I would have done it. Nothing happens in this movie. The plot is tired and weak. There are better TV movies being made than this rubbish.
  6. Ken
    Nov 15, 2004
    Has the structure and the indivual pieces of the orginal movie, but none of the soul of that film.
  7. KevinP.
    Nov 28, 2004
    It's too bad most people did not see the original.
  8. CaptainCraig
    Feb 18, 2005
    When you copying a great original move how can you miss it my soooo much? No one seemed to have a clue about what they were supposed to be doing. Unbelievable Hollywood could spend that much money, a produce absolutely nothing!
  9. HelenB
    Nov 19, 2004
    Very silly movie and I was really looking forward to it too. I went because Jlo's part wasn't that big but this movie sucks anyway and I can't blame it all on her.
  10. Rachel
    Dec 16, 2004
    Very ridiculous movie even though I love Richard Gere.

1. A warm-hearted and understated entertainment that's blissfully free of the heavy-handed crudity and other elements that have ravaged 21st-century Hollywood comedy.
  2. Reviewed by: Claudia Puig
    Do yourself a favor and rent the 1996 original from Japan instead.
  3. A remarkably ill-advised remake.