6.2

1. Sep 15, 2010
    best way to sum up this film is bang , bang , bang alot of people die and clive owens pops out alot of puns and one liners . now if you wana see some thing thats over the top and on the rediculas side with a kick ass sound track and yet be entertaining then this is a good movie to see.
  2. Mar 20, 2011
    This is pure over the top action and dark comedy blended into a concoction of comic book/video game-like fun. I popped the blu-ray in really expecting it to be mediocre and stupid, but I was pleasantly surprised. It also happens that Clive Owen and Paul Giamati are a couple of my favorite actors.
  3. Jun 12, 2011
    Whoa, I can buy a lot of things, aliens coming to earth and blowing up the white house? You betcha. 300 guys standing against thousands all while wearing nothing more than a loin cloth? sure! Hundreds of troops hiding in a giant wooden horse and then defeating the Trojans? okay. Eddy Murphy being able to talk to animals? why not. Sarah Jessica Parker being sexy? That's a bit of a stretch.Whoa, I can buy a lot of things, aliens coming to earth and blowing up the white house? You betcha. 300 guys standing against thousands all while wearing nothing more than a loin cloth? sure! Hundreds of troops hiding in a giant wooden horse and then defeating the Trojans? okay. Eddy Murphy being able to talk to animals? why not. Sarah Jessica Parker being sexy? That's a bit of a stretch. But I can not for one second believe you can kill people with a carrot, that's just something I can not buy. I also can not but that they make baby sized bullet proof vests, in camo no less and I can't get behind shooting an umbilical cord off. And most off all you can not be shot at by hundreds of people and only get winged once in the shoulder. There was just too much suspension of disbelief for me in this film. There were some positive aspects to the movie, the acting was good, the action scenes were great and the plot was kinda fun. But the crazy deaths and outlandish scenarios were just too much to overcome. And seriously what the hell was up with the carrots, like a crazy fetish or something. He had more carrots just stashed on his body then should be aloud by law, it's just weird Expand
  4. Mar 28, 2011
    The single greatest over the top action movie ever made.
    The single greatest over the top action movie ever made.
    Seriously, this leaves even Crank and Crank 2 behind it. Every single scene is over the top and hilarious. At no point does the movie take itself seriously, which is the way it's supposed to be. Giamatti is absolutely amazing as a bad guy, Owen is stoic as hell and Belluci is, well, really hot. Next to that, the little baby isn't even annoying. Hell, it likes Strapping Young Lad.
    Seriously, the critics can suck it. This movie is more of a grindhouse movie than Grindhouse, since this movie is old school fun without having to yell 'look at me, I'm a **** grindhouse movie!'.
  5. Dec 8, 2011
    It took me a few minutes to truly 'get' Shoot 'Em Up... I think the point that I realised was when he killed a guy by jamming a carrot into the blokes skull. Utter ridiculous and utterly brilliant.
  6. Oct 20, 2012
    Think of this movie like Taken. When it comes down to it, It's a rather generic action movie with a pointlessly confusing plot and over the top, yet still good, action scenes but for some reason you can't help but enjoy it. Clive Owens kills this movie, in a good way. Definently worth the watch.
  7. Nov 24, 2013
    Just one boring gunfight after another, cheap effects and ridiculous dialogue. Even if it's meant as a satirical portrayal of the genre, it's just the same again and again. You could with no doubts nominate it under the category "Worst movie ever".

1. Anyone looking for subtlety, character development or layered plotting will be disappointed, but action fans will find plenty to amuse them with this film that makes "Hard-Boiled" look restrained.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Debruge
    Good taste is the first fatality in this gonzo thrill-seeker, sure to offend mainstream dispositions, yet too stylistically audacious to dismiss outright.
  3. Reviewed by: Chuck Wilson
    Extremely violent guilty pleasure of a thriller.