Shrek Forever After

6.5

1. Oct 10, 2011
    If your clever enough to make sequels of a film youll now that repeating the same storyline of a film will drastically change the critic and users reviews but not that case with this film it was way overrated. what really pissed me off was that this film was so bad not just because the story line repeated itself but because it itself was not prepared long enough and not thought throughIf your clever enough to make sequels of a film youll now that repeating the same storyline of a film will drastically change the critic and users reviews but not that case with this film it was way overrated. what really pissed me off was that this film was so bad not just because the story line repeated itself but because it itself was not prepared long enough and not thought through enough i wasted my money and was fuming with rage when i left the cinema plesase do not watch Expand
  2. Aug 12, 2010
    This installment, the best after Shrek 2, is everything, especially the Shrek-Donkey relationship is exceptional.
    A worthy and delirious final chapter to this animation franchise.Wish there would be more in future- will be truely missed!
  3. Dec 10, 2010
    This installment in the 'Shrek' series still maintains the comic validity of the previous three, and has a few moments which set it apart from the others, but much of what was wrong with the third is still present in this one.
  4. Mar 7, 2013
    Shrek Forever After was the movie that did not need to be made that being said ti was not all that bad. The voice acting was good, there were some decent jokes, the characters still had their charm, and the animation was still good. Plus, I kind of liked the villain and the Pied Piper. However, this film is still the weakest in the series. The plot feels forced and clearly an excuse forShrek Forever After was the movie that did not need to be made that being said ti was not all that bad. The voice acting was good, there were some decent jokes, the characters still had their charm, and the animation was still good. Plus, I kind of liked the villain and the Pied Piper. However, this film is still the weakest in the series. The plot feels forced and clearly an excuse for another Shrek movie. Did not feel sad when this one ended. Maybe if the film had more throwbacks to the previous films I'd care more but as the film is it is just ok. While Shrek Forever AFter was clearly a money grabber and no where near as good as the first to/three it still has some charm and will entertain Shrek fans. Expand
  5. Aug 6, 2011
    I watched this with my family and we all thought this movie was great. The funniest of all the Shrek movies and I genuinely enjoyed this movie. Good way to end a memorable series.
  6. Nov 7, 2012
    The jokes at this point are forced and feel very plastic. The dialogue doesn't flow as it did in the first film.
  7. Mar 11, 2015
    It all felt like filler. It's like someone wrote a fanfic epilogue and Dreamworks decided to animate it. The gags weren't nearly as inventive as the first 3 and Shrek without fresh humor is well, hollow.

However, I really enjoyed the idea of Shrek coming to terms with uneventful fatherhood and settling down. I guess the franchise could've ended worse.
  8. Nov 30, 2015
    One of the reasons this was so good was because it was so much better than the disastrous Shrek 3. Obviously, it's not as good as the series' first two entries, but, unlike it's predecessor, Shrek Forever After manages to retain the fun and wit of 1 and 2.
  9. Sep 28, 2011
    "Shrek Forever After" has permanently changed a funny, pure franchise into a greedy one craving for money. Nice work, Dreamworks...
  10. May 31, 2011
    yeah it wasn't horrible. it was a good way to say goodbye. it was entertaining to me. but its not shrek. or shrek 2. so yeah 6 out of 10 its a solid movie. its watchable.
  11. Dec 21, 2011
    It wasn't as good of a finale as I hoped from Shrek, but it definitely showed us again why we loved Shrek so much by bringing back the heart and most of the charm and some great 3D and animation. I give this movie 80%.
  12. May 19, 2015
    shrek is life
    shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love
  13. AaronL.
    May 22, 2010
    The only thing Shrek lives on now is the ripped off money of stiff parents and the tears of kid's who whine morbidly and begged to see this movie. Which is why it gets the "two" on the scale. Shrek had jumped a more humiliating ship than Freddy Kruger or Jason Vorhees. To add insult to injury this might not actually be the last Shrek in existence. Yet again, as if it was not clear The only thing Shrek lives on now is the ripped off money of stiff parents and the tears of kid's who whine morbidly and begged to see this movie. Which is why it gets the "two" on the scale. Shrek had jumped a more humiliating ship than Freddy Kruger or Jason Vorhees. To add insult to injury this might not actually be the last Shrek in existence. Yet again, as if it was not clear already, promoting a childs movie through potty humor does not develop a good comedic skill. The last Shrek already comprised of limitless vomiting and diaper drama. What makes this movie shape the humor off tone is the blatant oral sex joke involving the donky and puss in boots. Cue that some cannot even say "puss" without the "y" anymore. God forbid the next Shrek could show an "unintentional" orgy involving the knights and princess feona. Expand
  14. May 26, 2012
    A horrible ending to a downhill series of Shrek movies. The film is not funny anymore unlike the previous movies. The whole story just pissed me off. I gave a 1, not a 0, because of its graphics. But still, it's definitely a terribly bad movie..............
  15. AlanH.
    May 23, 2010
    This is a real breath of fresh air. Gone are the oh-so-hip jokes, the pointless pop culture references and double-meanings aimed at adults. In their place is a pleasing fable of love, family and the compromises we all make. The second act sags slightly, but overall this movie is a worthy sequel to the first one and almost makes me forget the wretched #2 and #3.
  16. Dec 7, 2010
    Shrek Forever After is nothing like Happily Ever After for SUCKING! The story is completely mess,it has the same story,same issues,same plot holes,nothing make sense,the only difference is the new plot is about the evil Rumpelstiltskin wants Shrek to took away everything and wants to rule the kingdom and it doesn't reveal anything from the forth one,they shouldn't been done since the lastShrek Forever After is nothing like Happily Ever After for SUCKING! The story is completely mess,it has the same story,same issues,same plot holes,nothing make sense,the only difference is the new plot is about the evil Rumpelstiltskin wants Shrek to took away everything and wants to rule the kingdom and it doesn't reveal anything from the forth one,they shouldn't been done since the last third one. THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE,WHY DID THEY SCREW UP EVERYTHING! The Rumpelstiltskin character is completely useless and he doesn't look like that I've just saw. Why does Shrek has to come back that way he is? I just don't het it? The scenes are just nothing like that and screws up everything even more. I just one another Shrek film could be next step or should be over right now,but NO they just want Shrek to screw up the franchise. So that's that,Shrek film is done and they said that they will make another Shrek film and I just thought that I will say that Shrek needs to retire the franchise and I feel that Shrek needs a break. Expand
  17. Oct 9, 2010
    "In my opinion this latest and hopefully FINAL! chapter it gets boring , and unfunny , its hardly worth anyone's time , the character we all know and love , has well lost its charm , but i love seeing all the characters back , and for that i say Rent It" .. C+
  18. Feb 23, 2011
    Although I love animation, I've never been a fan of the Shrek franchise. This movie took me by surprise. The first Shrek movie was good (not great) thanks to Eddie Murphy, but Shrek 2 was awful. I never saw the 3rd installment. I've never liked the weird Irish accent for Shrek that Mike Myers provides. It doesn't fit for me and I find it distracting. Why is he Irish when nobody elseAlthough I love animation, I've never been a fan of the Shrek franchise. This movie took me by surprise. The first Shrek movie was good (not great) thanks to Eddie Murphy, but Shrek 2 was awful. I never saw the 3rd installment. I've never liked the weird Irish accent for Shrek that Mike Myers provides. It doesn't fit for me and I find it distracting. Why is he Irish when nobody else is? My friend talked me into going to see this one and it turned out to be a good animated movie - maybe even the best of the Shrek movies. The script is WAY better than Shrek 2 and had some good laughs and good animation and it held my attention the entire way. The 3D was good, not great, and probably not worth the extra cost, as 3D mutes the colors due to the dark glasses. Expand
  19. Mar 8, 2011
    While it's not the best in this series it's a great way to say goodbye, some fans may be disappointed with the more serious story and the lack of humor (don't worry it's still got jokes just not as many) but I was surprisingly impressed, a good farewell to this series.
  20. Feb 11, 2012
    While not good as Shrek 2, I really enjoyed this Shrek, even more than the first one. I really am glad they got rid of the Arthur character, since he was the weak point of Shrek 3.
  21. Nov 13, 2013
    Tasteless, devoid of any of Dreamwork's charm. The final film to what was once an entertaining and perfectly satirical franchise shows of how unoriginal and lackadaisical the writers are and how apathetic the producers are at entertaining the people, their job. This ended my taste for 'Shrek'. It should have been a trilogy. The third was already boring.
  22. ManuelAvila
    May 21, 2010
    Nice way to say goodbye. Beside Donkey and Puss' jokes, the story line was simple and straight. Don't waste money watching the movie in 3-D... it's not worth it!
  23. DanC
    May 22, 2010
    Thought the movie was hilarious, me and my family all went and saw it tonight and laughed so hard a bunch of times! I recommend this to any Shrek fan or family movie fan.
  24. Aug 11, 2010
    It's not as clever as the first two installments in the franchise, but this newest Shrek doesn't feel like is was cranked out as fast as possible for a quick buck. It's witty and well-written.
  25. Aug 13, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So it's not a wonderful life; so they lied. Lying awake at night, Shrek, a husband and father of triplets, undergoes an existential crisis, as Fiona sleeps soundly, oblivious to the paradox that vexes her domesticated spouse, who misses the ogre condition of alienation and veneration. The sheer awe that Shrek's size and stature commanded from the townsfolk, in hindsight, so he thinks, was adequate compensation for his lonely bachelor life in the swamp. The marital bed, suddenly a coffin instead of a haven, inspires Shrek to take out a "Wanted" poster, the highlight of his outlaw notoriety, from the dresser-drawer and affixes the ephemeralia to the mirror, creating a jarring disconnect with the ogre's reflected self. Shrek realizes that he's half an ogre; his resentment lies in incubation 'til the next day at the birthday party, where he reveals his true colors. In the 1947 Frank Capra classic that loosely informs "Shrek Forever After", George Bailey(Jimmy Stewart), the stabilizing force of Bedford Falls, matches the ogre's disenchantment with being a household patriarch, in the housewarming scene where Mary(Donna Reed) gives her wanderlust husband a knitted picture that reads: "George lassos the moon." Like the lunar surface, Shrek can be his own man in the swamp, lonely, but away from the pressures of being a husband and father. In the Capra film, Mary doesn't realize the double-edged significance of the moon; she sees the sphere as merely a romantic object, and not an object of despair, the final outpost for George's wandering spirit. Like "It's a Wonderful Life", one wish made in haste and self-absorption transforms a town and its people for the worse. Rumplestilskin's rave hints at the noirish qualities of Pottersville, since a rave promotes bacchanalia and in this instance, a means of institutional control. The witches turn into good-time party girls as FarFarAway Land becomes a fertile ground for intolerance and nihilism. Expand
  26. Feb 12, 2011
  27. Oct 4, 2010
    A lot of the pop culture references are gone, and much of the charm in the world of Far Far Away. However you do not always need charm to make a good film. There is much more emotion (crying and yelling) in this film, and less comedy, but the strong moral message that is the heart of this film glows warmly, and so even if it can't produce the thrills of both 'Shrek' and 'Shrek 2', it isA lot of the pop culture references are gone, and much of the charm in the world of Far Far Away. However you do not always need charm to make a good film. There is much more emotion (crying and yelling) in this film, and less comedy, but the strong moral message that is the heart of this film glows warmly, and so even if it can't produce the thrills of both 'Shrek' and 'Shrek 2', it is still a huge improvement on 'Shrek 3', and provides an emotionally satisfying and enjoyable conclusion to what is a classic animated series. I am glad that it finished on a good note, despite my low expectations. Expand
  28. Oct 11, 2010
    Shrek 4 was awesome! Definitely one of the most satisfying movies of the summer so far. Enjoyed it from beginning to end. And if it is the last Shrek movie, it serves the series proud. I'd proudly own Shrek and Shrek 4.
  29. Oct 28, 2010
    wasn't as good as the previous three movies, but its a perfect way to end one of the greatest animated trilogys of all time.
  30. Dec 5, 2010
    One of the best animation movie !!! A little bit complicated to understand for kids,but it's a great entertainment ! I had a very great time to watch it with my kids.

1. Reveals a definite been-there, done-that feeling.
  2. Reviewed by: John Anderson
    The reputed swan song for the series and its first entry in 3D, pic contains a respectable number of laughs, but also borrows its storyline from the oft-recycled "It's a Wonderful Life," and if that's all its creators can do, it's best to put Far Far Away far far away.
  3. Hilarious and heartfelt from start to finish, this is the best Shrek of them all, and that's no fairy tale.