8.5

1. Nov 19, 2014
    Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life! Expand
  2. Nov 11, 2014
    As a follower of Shrek, I have taken it upon myself to write this review, hopefully spreading the word of Shrek to all. This great American film should be at 100, but the Farquaads have corrupted the reviews through false information. Brogres, unite to destroy this great evil! Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek isAs a follower of Shrek, I have taken it upon myself to write this review, hopefully spreading the word of Shrek to all. This great American film should be at 100, but the Farquaads have corrupted the reviews through false information. Brogres, unite to destroy this great evil! Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life.Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Expand
  3. Oct 19, 2014
    Once upon a time in a far away swamp, there lived an ornery ogre named Shrek (Myers) whose precious solitude is suddenly shattered by an invasion of annoying fairy-tale characters.
  4. Oct 13, 2014
    Whilst the film has a lot of innuendos that kids probably won't understand, it has A LOT of fun with what it's given. It's an instant classic an creates a whole new spin on fairy tales.
  5. Oct 2, 2014
    a really good tale , story , magical cast why not watch it again and again and it'll never get old. I have watched it movie like a 100 times it suprises me how many times i have watch this movie its one of the animated classic's tales of them all ( shrek is not my favorite character....... especially i have never thought Micheal Myers was actually took this role seriously since he is thea really good tale , story , magical cast why not watch it again and again and it'll never get old. I have watched it movie like a 100 times it suprises me how many times i have watch this movie its one of the animated classic's tales of them all ( shrek is not my favorite character....... especially i have never thought Micheal Myers was actually took this role seriously since he is the dumb ass from the dumb james bond parody series movies). Also Cameron Diaz took is good along with Eddie Murphy. Grade A+ Expand
  6. Sep 9, 2014
    Shrek fez parte da minha infância. Como pode um filme com um tema "clichê" ser tão bom? Eu realmente não sei, só sei que é um dos melhores filmes que eu já vi. Criatividade é o que não falta.
  7. Aug 14, 2014
    Shrek was always my favorite character from film animation. In this movie, he proves we don't need to be pretty or handsome to be happy in our life. And that's saying something.
  8. Jun 29, 2014
    i was only 9 years old I loved Shrek so much i had all the merchandise and movies. i prayed to Shrek every night thanking him for the life i have been giving. Shrek is love i say Shrek is life. my dad hears me and calls me a **** i knew he was just Jeolous of my devotion for Shrek. i called him a **** he slaps and tells me t o go to bed. i'm crying now my face hurts and its really cold. ii was only 9 years old I loved Shrek so much i had all the merchandise and movies. i prayed to Shrek every night thanking him for the life i have been giving. Shrek is love i say Shrek is life. my dad hears me and calls me a **** i knew he was just Jeolous of my devotion for Shrek. i called him a **** he slaps and tells me t o go to bed. i'm crying now my face hurts and its really cold. i feel a warmth coming closer something touched me. its Shrek. i'm so happy. he leans and whispers into my ear. this is my swamp. he grabs me with is power full ogre hand and puts me on my hands and knees. i'm ready. i spread my ass cheeks for Shrek as he penetrates my butt hole. it hurts so much but i do it for Shrek. i fell m butt start to tear as my eyes start to water i push against his mighty force. i want to please Shrek. he roars a mighty roar filling my butt with his love. my dad walks in what the **** Shrek looks him straight in the eyes and says it all ogre now. Shrek leaves through my window. Shrek is love Shrek is life. Expand
  9. Nov 26, 2013
    Shrek is a wonderful, amazing movie fun for the kids and brogres all along. It is a thrilling move filled with fun and action, and Shrek himself is a beautiful and charming man. Infact, I masturbate to him every night. And here it is: the essential plot twist of any detective movie and yes, there is a certain gumshoe element here. Shrek falls in love with the princess he's been ordered toShrek is a wonderful, amazing movie fun for the kids and brogres all along. It is a thrilling move filled with fun and action, and Shrek himself is a beautiful and charming man. Infact, I masturbate to him every night. And here it is: the essential plot twist of any detective movie and yes, there is a certain gumshoe element here. Shrek falls in love with the princess he's been ordered to find. But we don't need to get into that too much. What counts in "Shrek" is the sideshow, whether it's the fluid, lifelike visuals or the slightly twisted humor.

While kids can chortle at Farquaad torturing the Gingerbread Man in a protracted, cookie-crumbling scene (The horror, the horror!), grownups can smirk at jokes about Disneyland's character-named parking lots or laugh at the scene when Farquaad consults with the Magic Mirror for wifely candidates. Snow White, says the Mirror, is definitely possible. "Although she lives with seven men," he tells Farquaad, "she's not easy."

The bread and butter of the movie, though, is the back-and-forth among the three main characters as they journey to Farquaad. Myers is inventively funny, as are Murphy, who's doing slightly badder variations on his "Mulan" character, Mushu, and Diaz, who makes a funny, earthy princess. There's a rather lovely romantic element at work, too, which hinges on the princess's closely held secret and a positive message about inner beauty in the bargain. So, we have a movie that appeals to the eye, mind, heart and funny bone; that's a pretty good quadruple for any movie. It's certainly a bright first step for the summer.
  10. Jul 4, 2013
    "Shrek" is laugh out loud hilarious, and deals with the odds of his ugly appearance well, and in my opinion a great film. Why not give it a 10, you ask me? Well, here's why.
    "Shrek" involves a wonderful twist in comedy on fairy tales, and does it quite well in a way. The animation is beautiful, and strikes as a nice setting in a fairy tale. "Shrek" does backlash at Disney, and doesn't get hurt in the process, as it is truly hilarious to watch. Yet, Shrek's humor and characters do fall a little short after a while, and it is realized that comedy can only take you so far. When comparing "Shrek" to its competitor at the Oscars, "Monsters Inc.", I was really disappointed it won, due to the qualities that "Monsters Inc." posseses that "Shrek" doesn't. While "Monsters Inc." mixes alot of humor, setting, and heart into its storytelling, "Shrek" puts alot of emphasis on humor than setting and heart. Yes, "Shrek" does have the ugly thing going for it, but it's put against to much humor to even tell it. "Shrek" may have been special for an animated film back then, because of its humor, but now, heart is what is really major in storytelling.
    While this review may seem negative, it's not. "Shrek" is hilarious if anything, and you will probably be laughing your socks off from Eddie Murphey's Donkey.
  11. Jan 3, 2013
    This movie is an un-fairytale in that it takes funny cliches and stereotypes from fairytales and pokes fun at them in a humourous way. While I think this film would be enjoyable to children there are many jokes in it that are aimed at an adult audience that grew up in the 70s or 80s. This movie is very charming and entertaining. The voice acting by well-known actors and actresses reallyThis movie is an un-fairytale in that it takes funny cliches and stereotypes from fairytales and pokes fun at them in a humourous way. While I think this film would be enjoyable to children there are many jokes in it that are aimed at an adult audience that grew up in the 70s or 80s. This movie is very charming and entertaining. The voice acting by well-known actors and actresses really brings the characters to life. Expand
  12. Jul 21, 2012
    Heart -warming, endearing and charming. A perennial classic, that has produced 3 equally good sequels. Deriving from a vast number of fairy tales, Shrek is an animation for the whole family, with its wit and satire that is both spellbinding and humorous. The characters have inimitable personalities, to their fairytale counterparts. Donkey played by Eddie Murphy is easily defined asHeart -warming, endearing and charming. A perennial classic, that has produced 3 equally good sequels. Deriving from a vast number of fairy tales, Shrek is an animation for the whole family, with its wit and satire that is both spellbinding and humorous. The characters have inimitable personalities, to their fairytale counterparts. Donkey played by Eddie Murphy is easily defined as the break out character, with his vivacious and gregarious attitude and his memorable lines. The only Dreamworks' movie superior to Pixar 10/10 Expand
  13. May 2, 2012
    Easily one of the best animated films I have ever seen. The cast is amazing. The movie is hilarious and good from start to finish. It's rare for me to enjoy an animated film as much as I did but this one is definently one of the best I have seen.
  14. Mar 6, 2012
    Impossible to not love this movie, this is one of the best movies Dreamworks has ever produced.
    I am not going to waste your time saying anything else, just go and watch it, NOW
  15. Feb 11, 2012
    It is so funny and interesting and it is a piece of a godgest work ! "Shrek" is the best, and the last, masterpiece that Dreamworks animation created. It has a powerful force that appeals greatly to the audience, a power comparable to those of Pixar's.
  16. Dec 28, 2011
    Even on repeated viewings, Shrek doesn't lose its appeal. It's just as funny, creative and entertaining as it ever was, and though more recent animated films have surpassed it in terms of quality of animation, it still looks good, and you have to wonder whether animation technology would have developed at the rate it has without this film. The voice cast are perfect - Mike Myers and EddieEven on repeated viewings, Shrek doesn't lose its appeal. It's just as funny, creative and entertaining as it ever was, and though more recent animated films have surpassed it in terms of quality of animation, it still looks good, and you have to wonder whether animation technology would have developed at the rate it has without this film. The voice cast are perfect - Mike Myers and Eddie Murphy as Shrek and Donkey put in their very best comic performances, and make the buddy movie element of the film work, Cameron Diaz's Fiona quite literally kicks the traditional fairytale idea of a damsel in distress in the face, and John Lithgow's Lord Farquaad is a brilliantly pantomime villain. Where Shrek really stands out in in expertise in the fine comedy art of parody. You can quite literally tick off the fairytales and films Shrek affectionately pokes fun at, and the film also has some quite astute things to say about commercialisation, celebrity and the modern media-centric world. Add to this the film's stonking soundtrack and a soft, gooey moral message, and it becomes an extremely fulfilling entertainment extravaganza for all. As fantastic as Shrek is, Andrew Adamson and co. would show the world they'd seen nothing yet in the sequel... Expand
  17. Dec 24, 2011
    The satyric aspect of the story is one of the reasons why "Shrek" is so refreshing, riveting and loved by so many people. Definitely, it is Dreamworks greatest masterpiece and one of my all time favorite animations.
  18. Dec 21, 2011
    Shrek is charming, original, beautiful and one of the funniest films I have seen on my life. And not only is it good it is great because it has so much heart. I give this movie 92%.
  19. Nov 9, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Shrek has a great story about friendship and love. Shrek is an ogre who has no friends, due to his appearance, but when a greedy king to be known as Lord Farquaad forces other fairy tale creatures to live in Shrek's swamp, Shrek must go on a quest to rescue Princess Fiona from a castle with a dangerous dragon. Expand
  20. Oct 18, 2011
    Shrek is a great adventure its funny and a great movie for you and your kids. Just watch out you never know whats gonna happen. I loved it I would give it a 9/10
  21. Sep 5, 2011
    Dreamworks Animation is very inferior to Disney's famous CGI company Pixar. Every single movie those two companies made were great and I loved every single one of them except Dreamworks's huge disappointments like "Shark Tale" and "Bee Movie" even though they weren't the worst movies ever made. By far, my favorite Dreamworks Animated movie is none other than "Shrek" loosely based on theDreamworks Animation is very inferior to Disney's famous CGI company Pixar. Every single movie those two companies made were great and I loved every single one of them except Dreamworks's huge disappointments like "Shark Tale" and "Bee Movie" even though they weren't the worst movies ever made. By far, my favorite Dreamworks Animated movie is none other than "Shrek" loosely based on the book by William Steig. It tells the story about Shrek, a peace loving ogre who is desperate to save his swamp (along with help from a talkative donkey named, well, Donkey) that has been taken over by the fairy tale creatures sent by Lord Farquaad. He makes a deal that if Shrek rescues Princess Fiona, he'll give him his swamp back. I can't spoil the rest only to those who haven't seen it.

Everything about this movie is magnificent. The story was very original due to Dreamworks's earlier entries. The characters were great/funny. Donkey was by far the most hilarious fairy tale character I have ever seen and Shrek had a couple of funny lines. The voice acting for the characters were absolutely perfect and they gave their successful talents for this movie. The computer animation is stunningly amazing with very rich colorful backgrounds and striking visuals. The pop culture jokes were very funny I loved every single one of them. The music from Harry Gregson Williams and John Powell was beautiful with some very emotional melodies including the song "It Is You I Have Loved" sung by Dana Glover was lovely.

Shrek is Dreamworks Animation's strongest animated adventure comedy which was intended for its younger audiences and it is suitable for kids ages +8-12. A solid thumbs from me :)
  22. May 31, 2011
    IT WAS GREAT AND ORIGINAL it was wonderful and funny. it was genius. its a winner for sure. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10 out of 10.
  23. Apr 18, 2011
    Borrowing heavily from Disney and classic fairytales, Shrek qualifies as one of the funniest animated comedies to date. Pros: Greatly animated; hilarious characters, dialog, and pop culture references; unforgettable voice acting; heartwarming; what animated comedies should be made of. Cons: May seem a tad bit filthy to some parents; unfortunately, it influenced the hundreds ofBorrowing heavily from Disney and classic fairytales, Shrek qualifies as one of the funniest animated comedies to date. Pros: Greatly animated; hilarious characters, dialog, and pop culture references; unforgettable voice acting; heartwarming; what animated comedies should be made of. Cons: May seem a tad bit filthy to some parents; unfortunately, it influenced the hundreds of Shrek-wannabes your kiddies crave. Expand
  24. Oct 11, 2010
    The kids market is often helped by an adult gag or two and Shrek is no different. Inside jokes for the parents, outside jokes for the kids it's a good 90 minutes of family fun. Superb animation and voice-overs make it a dreamworks classic. When you are down, watch Shrek, you'll be smiling again in no time.
  25. Oct 4, 2010
    Shrek is one of those amazing films which has enough wit and depth to please both a younger and older audience. It was Dreamwork's first big hit, and still remains their best. The animation is stunning, the humour consistent and hilarious and the story highly original. The whole concept of fairytale creatures as one body no longer being accepted in society is very creative. If you add aShrek is one of those amazing films which has enough wit and depth to please both a younger and older audience. It was Dreamwork's first big hit, and still remains their best. The animation is stunning, the humour consistent and hilarious and the story highly original. The whole concept of fairytale creatures as one body no longer being accepted in society is very creative. If you add a dragon, a tough ogre, a mad donkey, a karate princess and a very 'short' King to this, you've got the ultimate animated film. 'Shrek' is the ultimate family movie, and is sure to please kids and their parents. Expand

1. Desperately avoiding the risk of even a half-second of boredom, the movie is wall-to-window-to-door noise, babbling, and jokes.
    It's wondrous, it's fabulous, it's -- all but unprecedented.
  3. As innocent as a Disney movie -- and a lot more entertaining.