6.5

1. Jun 8, 2013
    Sinbad is a perfect of example of why you should not always listen to the critics. Is this a great film by any means? No. While it may not be what the critics wanted, Sinbad is a fun little adventure film. It has likeable characters, cool monster encounter, and some fun action. I really mean that I am not nostalgic for this film because I only saw it once I am speaking sincerely. While it is a shame that this film does not have any more sequels may it is a good thing because we can remember Sinbad for how fun it was unlike Pirates, which had a good film or two but overstayed its welcome with convoluted story lines, lengthy films, and a bunch other stuff no cares about. While I am sad that Dreamworks no longer does hand drawn animated films they left behind some entertaining films to watch and Sinbad is one of them. While it may not be as enjoyable as Curse of the Black Pearl it is still a lot of fun and definitely worth a watch. Sinbad is a fun adventure film and a good way to end the 2-D era of Dreamworks’ career. Expand
  2. Feb 12, 2013
    I thought this was a fun movie and I enjoyed it allot. Great animation, however the CG does feel a little out of place at times, but considering when it was made it is forgivable. Voice acting is pretty good, Pitt and Jones have some great chemistry and really bring their characters to life. Eris is utterly breathtaking. Her animation is just amazing. Overall a really fantastic film, that is not on par with the original fable, but I don't think it was meant to be. As a standalone modern animated full length feature it is very good and allot of fun. Expand
  3. Oct 23, 2010
    without the plot and script, this movie would've been suffered. its not my favorite movie, but its good.

1. It makes not just the "Thief of Baghdad" and the junky Ray Harryhausen movies of the '60s and '70s but even Disney's recent "Aladdin" seem positively multicultural by comparison.
    The voices were chosen more for their big name appeal than for their ability to bring life to the drawings. The storyline is flat, linear, and shallow.
    Neither sinful nor particularly bad, the movie nonetheless diverts us when it should transport us. Its heroes' hearts may lie out at sea, but its soul never leaves dry land.