Skyfall

7.6

1. Nov 9, 2012
    I thought Skyfall was the best of the Daniel Craig movies. Javier Bardem was a great villain,as always. The plot was very good. great chases and fighting. Although I love Sean Connery more, Skyfall made me a big Daniel Craig fan now too.
  2. Nov 9, 2012
    James Bond films were never really considered as great films. They are good escapist fares, but never considered as something more than that. On some occasions, such as 'On Her Majesty Secret Service' or 'Casino Royale', the Bond films rose to become something more, but they are far and between. Until now. Skyfall may be one of the best Bond film of all time, and may be the best film ofJames Bond films were never really considered as great films. They are good escapist fares, but never considered as something more than that. On some occasions, such as 'On Her Majesty Secret Service' or 'Casino Royale', the Bond films rose to become something more, but they are far and between. Until now. Skyfall may be one of the best Bond film of all time, and may be the best film of 2012. It's a character piece that deconstructs who Bond really is and his relationship with those surrounding him, in particular with 'M'. The cinematography is top notch, the plot sublime and Sam Mendes delivers. But at the heart of Skyfall is the performances of its actors. Craig finally becomes the best Bond since Connery, imbuing great depth to this character. Judi Dench finally does her best turn yet, while Bardem delivers an over the top performance as Silva, one of Bond's most memorable villain. Again, I can't say enough of this, one of the finest film of 2012, and the best Bond film of all time. Don't miss it. Expand
  3. Nov 11, 2012
    Director,screenplay,actors,sound=awesome.Good election to choose ADELE for the song.I think that it will be nominated to the Academy Award:
    -Best Original Song
    -Best Cinematography
    -Best Actor
    -Best Supporting Actor
    -Best Supporting Actress
    -Best Sound Mixing
    -Best Sound Editing
    I see you in the Academy Awards.
  4. Mar 14, 2013
    Lashing, dashing, breathtaking, powerful. Best Bond Ever. Skyfall is a mesmerizing movie, it's the first 2 minutes that grasp you in the movie. Bond movies such as On Her Majesty Service has been very well compelled and also compared to the new effects in the film. Javier Bardem is my favorite Bond villain first I was a Gert Frobe person but now that has changed after Bardem entered BondLashing, dashing, breathtaking, powerful. Best Bond Ever. Skyfall is a mesmerizing movie, it's the first 2 minutes that grasp you in the movie. Bond movies such as On Her Majesty Service has been very well compelled and also compared to the new effects in the film. Javier Bardem is my favorite Bond villain first I was a Gert Frobe person but now that has changed after Bardem entered Bond films. The Climax was amazing and sad. Skyfall is both a fall and a rise. Expand
  5. Jan 22, 2013
    The latest entry to the long-running James Bond series has perhaps hit a high note for the series as a whole, which is fitting, considering it was made for the 50th anniversary of the franchise. Pretty much everything feels right about this movie, the acting is superb from all involved, but I think Javier Bardem's turn as the ever famous Bond villain, in this film Silva, steals the showThe latest entry to the long-running James Bond series has perhaps hit a high note for the series as a whole, which is fitting, considering it was made for the 50th anniversary of the franchise. Pretty much everything feels right about this movie, the acting is superb from all involved, but I think Javier Bardem's turn as the ever famous Bond villain, in this film Silva, steals the show magnificently: he's just the right amount creepy and eerie as he is camp, liking him to Heath Ledger's Joker is perhaps some of the best praise I can give him (shame he does not have an Oscar nomination, although he does have a BAFTA nomination). The film starts in a very exciting fight and chase scene, but the rest of the film is not as high octane as the opening scene, which is good as it really lets you get to see the characters properly. While most of the old Bond films have him going to exotic places to get the bad guy, Skyfall spends most of its run time in England, and the end of the film in Scotland, again, perfect for the 50th anniversary thing they had going, the scenes outside of England are just as good as ever, particularly the scenes in Shanghai, containing some of the best cinematography I have ever seen. This is not found only in Shanghai, for one of the film's crowning glories is how beautifully shot it really is. On the 50th anniversary topic, several nods are made to what happened in the older films: a lot of these, sadly, went over my head, as I have not seen many Bond films at all. It does deal with the timeline as well as it could, showing an old institution, which is changing with the times, but sticking to its roots was a fine indication of where the series is headed in the future. Exciting, beautiful, tense and disturbing can all be used to describe Skyfall, whose only problem in my book is that the final showdown was a little lackluster in places compared to the rest of the film, helped only by Silva's creepy arrival. The best Bond film? Perhaps. 92/100. Expand
  6. Jun 4, 2013
    "Coming off the trashy Quantum Of Solace, Skyfall is the bond everyone has been waiting for, filled with thrill to the minute excitement, impossible obstacle's and one of the best Bond Villains in over a decade. Skyfall is simply a movie you can't miss." A
  7. Feb 19, 2013
    After 50 years, and 50 plus mistakes in Quantum of Solace, director Sam Mendes has delivered the home front of Bond movies, its big, bold, smart, and simply feels like classic Bond, while maintaining its more gritty and realistic approach to the genre.
    It's got all the ingredients of the Bonds of yesteryear with a few spices added in, take out the disastrous films before we had the reboot, and they all cumulate in this,and what a thrill to behold.
    An opening scene involving a thrilling chase through Istanbul already feels better than the opening of Quantum, its cleaner, crisper, and is relevant to the story which follows.
    An attack on MI6 sets up a story that is perhaps one of the best Bond plots to grace the big screen, Judi Dench finds her true calling in this film, having a much more pivotal role as M, who is the target of estranged agent Silva, played creepily by Javier Bardem, perhaps not as menacing as his turn in No Country For Old Men, but certainly a nod to classic Bond villains, and the nods don't stop there. Q makes his return to the Bond universe, but in a very different, and in the younger form of Ben Wishaw, its Bond, but with its own modern spin ('What did you expect? An exploding pen?")
    The set pieces are explosive and epic, a subway train tumbling through the roof was a particular highlight, but the climax in the old orphanage was superb, Sam Mendes pulled no punches in delivering an exhilarating finale, even with the inclusion of Albert Finney (The Bourne franchise)
    There where complaints regarding the lack of chemistry between Craig and Naomie Harris, who played Eve in the film, but i personally seen this as deliberate to mask the eventual history behind Eve's character.
    The friendly exchanges between Bond and Q are the real comedic points of the film, with Bond viewing Q basically as a mere schoolboy, Q soon proves his worth as the film progresses with the ongoing mission to identify Silva.
    But it is really the relationship between Bond and M that solidifies her role as a central character within the bond universe, Craig and Dench do a brilliant job in playing the mother and son role which is rare to see for such a weathered franchise, and their friendship, albeit strained, his truly put to the test in Skyfall as M's past makes an unwelcome return. Was it better than Casino Royale, they are quite on par in my opinion, Casino Royale changed the rules completely but Skyfall did a wonderful job of enforcing them, while not trying to stray too far of the British spy's rich history.
    Skyfall rips apart the armour of the previous films and creates a vulnerable and emotional film that doesn't hold back in piercing the chest with a mass of bullets, its true core lies within the history and relationship of the characters, and this film wipes the slate clean to make a point of saying that Bond is here to stay.
  8. Dec 5, 2012
    BRILLIANT! fantastic movie., Love how they relate some things back to previous films, eg in the Astin Martin 007 is in with M and he goes to flick a switch (i think it was anyway) and M says go on eject me i dont care. lol Pointkless review but it made me laugh :)
  9. Dec 16, 2012
    Javier Bardem is my favorite Bond villain, what can I say? I think he kills it, he nailed the role so well. And the intro, the song. My favorite part of the movie is the fact that it's not like the other movies, yes, Bond isn't the ultimate man who gets laid every 20 minutes, he is rusty and must get back. I love the fact that he has to rise back, and I think people who dislike it isJavier Bardem is my favorite Bond villain, what can I say? I think he kills it, he nailed the role so well. And the intro, the song. My favorite part of the movie is the fact that it's not like the other movies, yes, Bond isn't the ultimate man who gets laid every 20 minutes, he is rusty and must get back. I love the fact that he has to rise back, and I think people who dislike it is because they dislike changes, I think this is the best Bond movie I've seen.
    The others are cool but monotone and overall, they all end up being the same, I liked this one because of the different direction it took
  10. Feb 17, 2013
    The movie was good overall. However, I had to stretch my imagination to accept a gunshot by a hi powered rifle and a 3 story drop into canyon type water and survive. But I am not a gun expert so I wont say it is impossible, but the fall is definitely a broken bone (all) fall.
  11. Dec 5, 2012
    LET THE SKY FALL. WE WILL STAND TALL, AT SKYFALL.
    LET THE SKY FALL. WE WILL STAND TALL, AT SKYFALL.
    Skyfall is a mere proof that a good spy film doesn't need nonsense action-sequences or incorporation of unrealistic gadgets, it just needs a great screenplay, astounding performances and outstanding direction. I see a lot of people complaining that a James Bond movie without action sequences and gadgets and devices is worthless. What they don't understand is that everything needs to evolve and get out of its own self-made shell, because, sooner or later, people start demanding for something else, something they never would have expected, something that makes them change their mind about a certain subject.
    Same is the case here. Sam Mendes has proved himself to be an outstanding director once again (he directed American Beauty for which he won an Academy Award in 2000). His sense of imagination is so brilliant that it totally works for the film. Cinematography is done by Roger Deakins, having received nine nominations for an Academy Award for Best Cinematography, he is one of the great cinematographers of the film industry and he continues to prove it in Skyfall with his brilliant camera work.
    The important thing about this film is the screenplay, which is, no doubt, different from all the Bond movies made before Skyfall and that's what makes it so better. Written by Neal Purvis, John Logan and Robert Wade, the screenplay works like a charm because you get to know Bond and above all, the other major character of the movie, M (played by Judi Dench). Daniel Craig continues to shine in his role even more, it seems like he had been practising to improve himself and it becomes really clear when you compare his performance to the previous installment 'Quantum of Solace'. In Skyfall, it feels like Craig has found his lost indenity and he is never going to let go of it. The other key character of the movie is Raoul Silva (played by Javier Bardem who is perhaps the most famous Spanish actor, having previously won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in 'No Country for Old Men'), is the film's main antagonist and he is more than a villain. Bardem's performance and his character reminds me of the Joker (The Dark Knight) at cerain points, he has done it so wonderfully and only he could make it happen. Other cast members include Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris, Bérénice Lim Marlohe, Albert Finney and Ben Whinshaw who support the film's plot and storyline properly.
    What I love about this film is that it doesn't feel like I am watching a Bond movie and that's exactly what I love. It has a different soul, a darker one, the character-driven plot has been handled in an amazing way. I don't mind if a spy film doesn't have more action-sequences because to me, the plot and main theme of the film is more important. People may also say that the plot of the movie is so typical and predictable and it gets boring but if we look closer, we see a rebirth of the entire Bond franchise, just like Christopher Nolan did with the Batman franchise.
    ...And who could forget Adele's wonderful voice in a melodious soundtrack to the movie, written by both Adele and Paul Epworth and the way it has been incorporated in the opening sequence is just freaking brilliant. I wouldn't be surprised if it wins the Academy Award for Original Song.
    Am I liking it too much? Am I impressed with this movie too much? Am I being biased? MAYBE. Because SKYFALL is just the right amount of Bond I wanted to see in the 23rd film.
  12. Nov 12, 2012
    Despite it's flaws, which were a tad too straight-forward plot as well as a few cliches, Skyfall was a fun, adventurous film that was well put-together and delivered as what all Bond movies were meant to be--a popcorn flick with oodles of action. Although perhaps the most indulgent treat it offers is the performance by Javier Bardem, who played his deranged, psychotic role to near perfection.
  13. Nov 13, 2012
    Like Casino Royale, this Bond film feels more like a movie-movie than a Bond-movie. It's more gritty and personal than the pre-Craig era. The character development is very noticeable and is continued from the previous Craig-films, something which is new and refreshing in the Bond series. However, all this realism make the classic one-liner remarks feel unfunny and forced. The action,Like Casino Royale, this Bond film feels more like a movie-movie than a Bond-movie. It's more gritty and personal than the pre-Craig era. The character development is very noticeable and is continued from the previous Craig-films, something which is new and refreshing in the Bond series. However, all this realism make the classic one-liner remarks feel unfunny and forced. The action, though ever present, feels toned-downed and may disappoint those seeking Brosnan-era battle-scenes. This is not "classic Bond" in the cinematic sense, but it's still a damn good film with top-notch acting. Expand
  14. Feb 20, 2013
    Best Bond-movie of Daniel Craig and maybe even the best Bond-movie since Roger Moore's. I like the "back to the roots" romantic and that the plot plays a lot in Great Britain.
  15. Mar 10, 2013
    My second favorite James Bond movie (first being Casino Royale) brings a needed sense of realism to the series. Here's hoping Sam Mendes might stick around.
  16. Mar 24, 2013
    This James Bond entry is very different from any other James Bond movie ever made. It really takes you to the inner depths of James Bond. Yet it is still everyting James Bond should be. Exciting, action pack and sexy. It is also at times with Javier Bardem, suspenseful. And the ending is truly surprising. Overall, it's still an action-packed thrill ride, just done a lot better than any of them.
  17. Aug 24, 2013
    Intricate and dramatic but not too much to overlook it's gritty and fun action, 'Skyfall' is one of the top Bond films. Craig is the better Bond, except for Sean Connery. Bardem is in a very accomplished role as this enigmatic, lunatic who keeps thickening the plot as it goes on. I loved this so much, I watched in the movies TWICE.
  18. Dec 18, 2015
    This film redeemed the bond Craig era with an enigmatic villain, great action set pieces and some beautiful cinematography to finish it off. Javier Bardem kills it in this film, and the ending act is one of Bond's best, and most emotional. Back on track with Craig Bond here.
  19. Nov 23, 2012
    As a major Bond fan of Fleming's books and the films, Skyfall to some is the twenty-third film in the EON films, and to others, the twenty-sixth film counting all spin-offs of the series. But in reality, Skyfall is the third film in a whole new series that began with the masterpiece Casino Royale and continued with Quantum of Solace. Together, all three of these films seems more like anAs a major Bond fan of Fleming's books and the films, Skyfall to some is the twenty-third film in the EON films, and to others, the twenty-sixth film counting all spin-offs of the series. But in reality, Skyfall is the third film in a whole new series that began with the masterpiece Casino Royale and continued with Quantum of Solace. Together, all three of these films seems more like an opening trilogy, to present Bond in a darker light, to continue the Craig series. Check this one out. Expand
  20. Jan 15, 2013
    As a huge Bond-fan, especially of the last three, I thought this was by far the best ever. The amazing pictures, the fantastic bad guy and the great new additions to the cast, the entertaining story and above all the fabulous Daniel Craig who nails his role even better then in the previous 2 parts. And, girls, Daniel Craig is just hot! With just a towel around his hips it's difficult toAs a huge Bond-fan, especially of the last three, I thought this was by far the best ever. The amazing pictures, the fantastic bad guy and the great new additions to the cast, the entertaining story and above all the fabulous Daniel Craig who nails his role even better then in the previous 2 parts. And, girls, Daniel Craig is just hot! With just a towel around his hips it's difficult to focus on the movie so I went to see this movie for three times in the cinema now and still I could see it again. Expand
  21. Dec 23, 2012
    Even if "Skyfall" lacking the classic Bond energy is a minor imperfection, it is a blemish on an action film masterpiece that is a fast-paced, emotionally charged and iconic thriller that defines itself proudly as not only one of the best action films ever, but one of the best Bond films ever - and this is appropriate, seeing that Daniel Craig is the (second) best Bond ever.
  22. Nov 9, 2012
    Bond simply can't avoid falling back to old cliches if the script doesn't offer smarter opportunities, and the story is rather simple overall. But the cinematography is great, the action breathtaking, the acting fabulous and Javier Bardem gives one of the more original (and personal) villains of any Bond movie. Not as good as "Casino Royal", but one of his better films.
  23. Nov 26, 2012
    Skyfall is my favorite Bond film thus far. I never was a big fan of the older Bond movies, but have thoroughly enjoyed the Bronson and Craig iterations. I like the direction the Daniel Craig ones have taken as far as leaving the cheesy gadgets behind in favor of a more rugged, physical Bond. I was a bit nervous with the way Skyfall started as there were several differentSkyfall is my favorite Bond film thus far. I never was a big fan of the older Bond movies, but have thoroughly enjoyed the Bronson and Craig iterations. I like the direction the Daniel Craig ones have taken as far as leaving the cheesy gadgets behind in favor of a more rugged, physical Bond. I was a bit nervous with the way Skyfall started as there were several different actions/reactions that pulled me out of the action sequence. However, as it calmed down and started to introduce the main villain I was reassured. Javier Bardem was the highlight of Skyfall and I consider him to be the best Bond villain to date. His menacing, cerebral nature was more scary and intimidating than any other Bond villain plotting to rule the world. Despite having the knowledge and technology to wreck huge havoc on the world, Bardem's plan is more local and revenge driven (a much more interesting approach). Learning more about Bond's past was nice but nothing earth-shattering since it came off as the already done Bruce Wayne type of story. However, it was all executed convincingly and Daniel Craig does a great job as a broken but still very deadly Bond. Like the movies underlining story of "This Old Dog still has Bite", Skyfall proves that the 23rd Bond movie can still pack a punch and bring something new and entertaining to the table. In a sense, I wish this would be the last Bond movie since it was so fitting for a conclusion, but we all know there will be more and lets just hope they'll be as good as this one was. 9/10 Expand
  24. Nov 9, 2012
    $10 to see this $200M movie? Count me in. A super fun long opening action sequence. Gorgeous tailored clothing. Beautiful cinematography. Attractive people. A sensible character backstory and motivation. High tech. Low tech. Retro tech. About 50 amazing set pieces.

And James Bond fixing his cuff length after jumping from a crane onto a moving train.
  25. Nov 10, 2012
    Look I'm NLT the biggest James Bond fan in the world, but I don't know why this film is getting praised. The first half is slow and dare I say almost somewhat boring, and the motivations of some characters are left unexplained. Also, and this may be me griping, but if Bond wasn't superhuman or a bad guy could hit a target, the movie would be over in 10 minutes. Still entertaining and anLook I'm NLT the biggest James Bond fan in the world, but I don't know why this film is getting praised. The first half is slow and dare I say almost somewhat boring, and the motivations of some characters are left unexplained. Also, and this may be me griping, but if Bond wasn't superhuman or a bad guy could hit a target, the movie would be over in 10 minutes. Still entertaining and an improvement over Quantum, though. Expand
  26. Nov 10, 2012
    Skyfall eclipses Quantum of Solace, and redeems the franchise under Craig as Bond. From the opening featuring Adele to the Finale, I recommend this to anyone who likes films: whether they be suave, bad-ass, or generally a good movie. Mendes directs this film with such style and prowess that it feels like simply an incredible film from the beginning. The witt with Q, to Javier Bardem,Skyfall eclipses Quantum of Solace, and redeems the franchise under Craig as Bond. From the opening featuring Adele to the Finale, I recommend this to anyone who likes films: whether they be suave, bad-ass, or generally a good movie. Mendes directs this film with such style and prowess that it feels like simply an incredible film from the beginning. The witt with Q, to Javier Bardem, whom it seems is evil because of how incredibly he portrays his roles. I went to this to see Bond, but I came out seeing a great story about Bond, M, and Silva, whom I believe is one of the best villains in the Bond series ever. I was a massive fan of Casino Royale, which I truly thought was the best bond film since Dr. No, but I wholeheartedly that, in story-telling and style, Skyfall eclipsed Craig's first outing as Bond, but Casino Royale will always be one of my favorite movies. A nod to Mendes, who carried the Suave torch to another feat of greatness, with hopefully several more to come with one of the best bond's ever. Expand
  27. Nov 19, 2012
    This was the most surprising Bond movie I've ever seen. It has everything you see in a Bond movie but also everything you don't see in Bond movies so much. This one felt like it tried to be a different film while still remaining a Bond film at the same time. Bond just proves that he is a superhero you don't see in comic books. He is a badass and knows how to kick (or shoot) butt. How doesThis was the most surprising Bond movie I've ever seen. It has everything you see in a Bond movie but also everything you don't see in Bond movies so much. This one felt like it tried to be a different film while still remaining a Bond film at the same time. Bond just proves that he is a superhero you don't see in comic books. He is a badass and knows how to kick (or shoot) butt. How does he not qualify as a superhero even if he doesn't have powers?

Watch this movie. If you're a Bond fan or not you'll love this movie. It is designed for both fans and non-fans. It has all the action you'd expect from a James Bond movie, while having a strong script that is executed in a way that will appeal to newcomers as well.

The Second act of the movie is the best part, that and the (INCREDIBLE) opening chase scene. Also, this could be the first Bond movie to definitely be a period piece of modern times. However it will live on as one of the greats in the series. The cyber-terrorism plot is not exactly what you would expect from Bond, but the way it's done here, it's right at home.

Skyfall is a breakthrough in the James Bond franchise. Watch it on the big screen before it is out of the theatre altogether. You'll be surprised.
  28. Nov 15, 2012
    A classic with modern touch, although with taking many cues from Nolan, Skyfall is the most entertaing blockbuster this year. With high A production value in any capacity , Skyfall is another example of masterful filmaking can be so much entertaining. I don't see it as Best Picture contender, but Academy loves Mendes. We'll see.
  29. Dec 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The spoilers are not strictly spoilers (i.e., no plot or story give-aways). But if you like figuring out things about a movie on your own, there are a few things in here you may not wish to read.

That said -

This is a really good movie. It's about getting older, so I can see how if you are young it wouldn't be too appealing. But in my opinion it does so many things right: Great visuals, poetic/literary tie-ins (The Second Coming, Ozymandias), many hat's off or homage to earlier Bond films, etc. It's just plain fun. However, it's probably more fun if you are a bit older (I'm fifty, the age of the Bond franchise).
  30. Feb 14, 2013
    All I can say is that this is the best Bond movie to date! I'm really glad that they made Bond a more human character. It was a very different take from any Bond movie to date. It's good to see them trying to keep evolving the franchise. Love the directing and cinematography from Mendes. Can't wait for the next chapter!
  31. Jan 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This film is by far the best film of 2012. I have seen many complaints ranging from "It wasn't realistic enough" to "It was too realistic and not corny enough like the original Bond films". I have seen every Bond film and my favourite Bond will always be Pierce -- and this can then show I have no problem with the "corny" and over-dramatic Bond films. This film was a work of art, every scene was perfectly scripted, acted and shot and scenes such as the fist-fight in the dimly lit skyscraper took my breath away. The Casino scenes were stylistically beautiful, the opening chase scene was thrilling and perfectly done. Daniel Craig did a great performance, his portrayal of a darker James Bond, slipping from his standards and becoming sloppy is a tale laced with angst and drama but perfectly executed. Silva was a superb bond villain and I adored that the fact he was gay or bisexual was subtle and only hinted at and not made into a grand show or his character's defining attribute -- his line "Life clung to me like a disease" and indeed that whole scene was perfectly delivered and structured. The interactions between Bond, Silva and M in this strange triangle of characters, their interactions, their histories and their motives all clashing together to form this great Bond tale was magnificently done. The only flaws this film had were firstly that the ending scenes set in the house, before the ice lake and the church, dragged on slightly and became a bit tiresome. There was barely any light in these scenes and after fifteen minutes of it, it becomes stagnant. My final flaw and something that really pulled me out of the film was Q sticking two ethernet cables into Silva's laptop and then shouting "How the hell did he get into our systems?" after their system is hijacked. Seriously? At this point everyone knew Silva was a hacker, he was in custody -- so why do that? Why connect the networks via ethernet cables? Isn't Q meant to be a "genius?" And then Q pulls them out of the laptop like "Oh, silly me." Really, really...

But alas, apart from those two flaws -- relatively minor in size -- this film was magnificent and damn near perfect. Definitely give it a watch, buy it on Bluray too. **** get a poster. It's that good.
  32. Nov 17, 2012
    Loved Skyfall from start to end. Amazing action, brilliant acting, and the story is awesome. I'm glad they killed off M and the Bond girls were super HOT. Action sequences were explosive, sound quality was ground shaking, and cinematography was perfect. Every Craig-Bond film has been absolutely stellar, can't wait to see his next.
  33. Nov 13, 2012
    This is a special Bond movie. The Bond franchise struggled to find itself for a while, hampered first by Roger Moore's camp nonsense, then placed under high expectations following Timothy Dalton's two excellent outings and finishing with the mediocre then fun then awful roller coaster ride of four outings from Piers Brosnan.
    Thankfully, Daniel Craig managed to revitalise the series with
    Thankfully, Daniel Craig managed to revitalise the series with his entries in the series that have gotten better with each outing. Skyfall though stands head and shoulders above the others. There will be no spoilers here, but the final few moments of this movie should ensure that every Bond fan leaves the theatre wearing a broad smile in anticipation of future films.
    Strong emotional engagement, well handled action and a realistically motivated villain. There is much to enjoy here and it stands up to repeated viewing. More please, its good to ave you back Mr Bond.
  34. Nov 12, 2012
    A wonderful combination of perfect acting on Craig's part, and the great action scenes as well as an engaging plot, not to mention Adele's brilliance in the movie's title song made the whole movie a delight from start to finish.
  35. Nov 13, 2012
    Let's be honest here - nobody watches a Bond film for the story. People watch Bond films for the non-stop action, breathtaking locales, and the eccentric villains. With this in mind, one would think that Skyfall would be a recipe for disaster or, at least, a far cry from previous installations in the series. Well, it turns out that Skyfall is really only the latter, as director Sam MendesLet's be honest here - nobody watches a Bond film for the story. People watch Bond films for the non-stop action, breathtaking locales, and the eccentric villains. With this in mind, one would think that Skyfall would be a recipe for disaster or, at least, a far cry from previous installations in the series. Well, it turns out that Skyfall is really only the latter, as director Sam Mendes plays with the formula to create one of the most satisfying and surprisingly touching films of 2012.
    Almost every component of Skyfall seems to defy the typical Bond canon, which certainly isn't a terrible thing. While Bond later takes a detour in Macau, the entirety of the film is practically set in the British Isles, placing an emphasis on a conflict that primarily takes place in proximity to the MI6 Headquarters. Villain Raoul Silva, played by Javier Bardem, is certainly more eccentric in comparison to the antagonists in Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace. Skyfall also seems to ditch the Bond girl archetype this time around, placing James' troubled but close relationship with M in the spotlight. With the addition of all these factors and an inexperienced, young Q, the film almost feels like another reboot of the entire series, even though Casino Royale was only released 6 years ago.
    If one expected Skyfall to be a film that only focused on the action, that man or woman would be quite wrong. The film feels unexpectedly character-driven, and almost every scene seems deliberate and integral to the story. Of course, it certainly doesn't lack on the action department, as each sequence is brilliantly choreographed and equally thrilling to watch. Don't be surprised to chuckle a bit too, as there is a fair share of light banter among the cast. Ultimately, everything about the film feels so wonderfully put together, that it's difficult to criticize any of its minor shortcomings.
    In a way, Skyfall is a story of fate - it's hard to say that the spy life is all perfect, and it's only inevitable that one's past will get in the way of moving on. This becomes quite apparent in the film's final hour which, may I say, feels both satisfying and painful to watch. Perhaps it's because I've grown to love a certain character so much, but watching the climax of the film certainly allowed me to respect the actors/actresses' performances even more.
    There's something about Skyfall that seems different from most Bond films. It certainly isn't because of its rather lengthy run time, or the "Dark Knight-esque" atmosphere that pervades the second third of the film. It's because Skyfall has something that most arguably lack: a heart. Each and every actor and actress in the film give great performances throughout, and with the inclusion of Javier Bardem playing one of the most psychotic and notable antagonists in recent memory, the film immediately feels more distinct and remarkable.
    Could Skyfall possibly be the best Bond film of all time? Quite possibly, yes. Nothing about this film feels lacking and the only complaint that I would make is that some characters could have had a little more time on screen. (Eve and Kincade in particular) This is certainly one film that is worth the price of admission, and it should further cement Craig's reputation as one of the best Bonds in the entire film series.
  36. Nov 22, 2012
    If you thought that after Casino Royale that the Bond franchise couldn't get much better, you are in for an excellent surprise. Director Sam Mendes brings Bond back to his roots almost perfectly with the benefit of a script that will keep you guessing and loads of nostalgia that will make fans of the 50 year-old franchise freak out. If you are a Bond fan, this is a must see and if you likeIf you thought that after Casino Royale that the Bond franchise couldn't get much better, you are in for an excellent surprise. Director Sam Mendes brings Bond back to his roots almost perfectly with the benefit of a script that will keep you guessing and loads of nostalgia that will make fans of the 50 year-old franchise freak out. If you are a Bond fan, this is a must see and if you like movies in general, than this is worth checking out. Usually we find 007 dealing with an international crisis or a large scale terrorist organization of some sort. However, Skyfall is alot more personal which is probably the film's greatest aspect as it allows the audience to feel the tension between the characters as opposed to watching Bond take on random bad guys whom mean nothing to him but people who pose a threat and need to be taken care of. Craig, Dench and Bardem deserve credit for their performances as they are the reason why Skyfall is so captivating to watch in the first place. Although the team of Purvis, Wade and Logan deserve just as much credit as the actors and the director who made everything fit together as perfectly as it did. There isn't a single dull moment in the whole movie. I believe this is the best Bond to date because none of the other films manage to organize everything into a perfect blend of dramatic and action-packed thrills as this one does. Expand
  37. Dec 15, 2012
    Good but not the best Bond. I'm a big fan of Craig's Bond & Casino Royale is still my favourite Bond film, with this dragging behind it. The film had its moments & had a great pace. Fiennes character was introduced well & the mother & son relationship between Bond & M was very good.
  38. Nov 10, 2012
    An amazing Bond film that harkens back to the old days with a genius supervillian, witty one liners, several girls, and some intense action sequences. The script was extremely well written and made due with less in a great way with excellent pacing and an engaging story. The action was much more subdued taking up less screen time than in previous films but this was something I was actuallyAn amazing Bond film that harkens back to the old days with a genius supervillian, witty one liners, several girls, and some intense action sequences. The script was extremely well written and made due with less in a great way with excellent pacing and an engaging story. The action was much more subdued taking up less screen time than in previous films but this was something I was actually hoping for as it was more meaningful when it took place. Not having been a huge fan of Craig's previous Bond interpretations/scripts I really enjoyed his performance and am looking forward to his next one. Overall definitely a more dramatic movie and highly recommend. Expand
  39. Nov 11, 2012
    This seems to be a love it or hate it movie, with intelligent people loving it and unintelligent people hating it. Skyfall was the best movie experience I've had all year. It was infinitely better than QoS and it restored my faith in the franchise. Craig is set for a further two Bond movies and personally I can't wait.
  40. Nov 9, 2012
    Skyfall is the best of the Daniel Craig movies. The plot was awesome. Sam did an awesome job with this bond film. Daniel Craig is the best bond Since Sean Connery in my opinion Craig is the best Bond.
  41. Nov 9, 2012
    As a kid all I watched were Bond movies. Sean Connery was my favorite out of all of them. Casino Royale came out and Daniel Craig was so interesting to watch. He was gritty and different than the other's. I'm happy to say that I liked Skyfall even better than Casino Royale. In fact it may be my favorite Bond film yet. Why? Well because Daniel Craig has proved that he is a brilliant bond.As a kid all I watched were Bond movies. Sean Connery was my favorite out of all of them. Casino Royale came out and Daniel Craig was so interesting to watch. He was gritty and different than the other's. I'm happy to say that I liked Skyfall even better than Casino Royale. In fact it may be my favorite Bond film yet. Why? Well because Daniel Craig has proved that he is a brilliant bond. He in fact is one of my favorites. May even be my favorite. In Skyfall his performance is so top notch and well done. The plot is interesting and deeper than other Bond films. One must think about the plot over a day or so. At first it doesn't seem to deep, but than it hits you the next day how deep it actually was. The action scenes are choreographed to perfection. The locations are breath taking. The visuals are stunning. Javier Bardem is masterful in this film. I could not help but smile whenever he talked. His dialogue was so evil and twisted. His character was the most colorful of the film, and also the of the most colorful and rememberable villains in the Bond films. Bardem is flawless through out the whole film. Sam Mendes directed Skyfall with up most skill. He adds new elements to Bond, but is sure not to forget about keeping some classic Bond elements in the mix. I am very impressed with Skyfall. In fact I can't wait to see what's next for Bond. I would hope that Craig would return, because I have become so attached to his Bond. Excellent work by the cast and crew. This film is the best movie I have seen so far this year! I hope it gets Oscar attention. It certainly deserves it! Expand
  42. Nov 9, 2012
    After boring Quantum of Solace, I expect that new film about agent 007 will be with more interesting story and more gripping situations. Finally, we get excellent film with "clever" plot, good casting and unexpected ending. Waiting the continuation.
  43. Nov 7, 2015
    Even though it has several notorious flaws in the script, Skyfall is still a fairly entertaining entry in the Bond canon. It attempts to explore Bond's psyche, but does it in a rather shallow manner that leads nowhere. The action scenes are a bit rough around the edges, but that is compensated by the beautiful cinematography by Roger Deakins and an innovative soundtrack by Thomas Newman.Even though it has several notorious flaws in the script, Skyfall is still a fairly entertaining entry in the Bond canon. It attempts to explore Bond's psyche, but does it in a rather shallow manner that leads nowhere. The action scenes are a bit rough around the edges, but that is compensated by the beautiful cinematography by Roger Deakins and an innovative soundtrack by Thomas Newman. The actors give strong performances, even though Javier Bardem seems to be in a different film altogether.
    Overall, a good movie, just not the flawless masterpiece critics make out to be.
  44. Nov 19, 2012
    The greatest Bond film ever, Skyfall is modern but at the same time a throwback to the old films. Javier Bardem excels in creating a brilliant villain as Raoul Silva, while Daniel Craig is amazing again as James Bond. The final third in my opinion shines, with a brilliant twist at the end to cap it off. All in all, not only has Sam Mendes succeeded in making a brilliant Bond film, he hasThe greatest Bond film ever, Skyfall is modern but at the same time a throwback to the old films. Javier Bardem excels in creating a brilliant villain as Raoul Silva, while Daniel Craig is amazing again as James Bond. The final third in my opinion shines, with a brilliant twist at the end to cap it off. All in all, not only has Sam Mendes succeeded in making a brilliant Bond film, he has smashed all expectations I had for this film. There is only one phrase I can say to describe this film. Simply Bond. James Bond. Here's to another 50 years! Expand
  45. Nov 17, 2012
    Skyfall is brilliant, it truly is. The acting and portrayal of James Bond and all of the other characters is amazing. The action is gripping and exciting. The plot/story line is really interesting, there are great moments concerning the plot, like: spoilers which I won't tell you, because if you haven't seen it yet, it will spoil the film. You get to know the character's personalities verySkyfall is brilliant, it truly is. The acting and portrayal of James Bond and all of the other characters is amazing. The action is gripping and exciting. The plot/story line is really interesting, there are great moments concerning the plot, like: spoilers which I won't tell you, because if you haven't seen it yet, it will spoil the film. You get to know the character's personalities very well. The special effects are very impressive. The music is some of the greatest music in any film ever. The suspense. The classic feel of the James Bond films is perfectly portrayed. The whole film is just brilliantly done, it's gripping, exciting, action-packed, it's got an incredible and classic feel to it. Skyfall is one of the greatest film of all time, if you haven't seen it yet, you have to see it, it's highly recommended! 10/10. Definitely. Expand
  46. Nov 12, 2012
    Arguably the best film in a very celebrated series concerning a rugged, battled and bruised Bond (Daniel Craig) who must put his personal troubles and professional insecurities aside in order to help his agency, MI6, from a threatening ex-agent (Javier Bardem) and his mission to destroy it. The most personal and darkest Bond film ever made is also its best, as the film is not only Craig'sArguably the best film in a very celebrated series concerning a rugged, battled and bruised Bond (Daniel Craig) who must put his personal troubles and professional insecurities aside in order to help his agency, MI6, from a threatening ex-agent (Javier Bardem) and his mission to destroy it. The most personal and darkest Bond film ever made is also its best, as the film is not only Craig's finest two hours of acting (which is not meant to be an insult, as he is a talented actor), but it also makes self-referential jabs that come across as refreshing and humorous. Director Sam Mendes strikes a delicate balance of making fun of the old films at times, but also finding a way to honor the history of the series while in the same turn reinventing it going forward as a more serious, adult series. No easy task, but he passes with flying colors, with an final scene which could not be more perfectly executed. Expand
  47. Nov 9, 2012
    Thank God I can finally give my review, I watched this two weeks ago in UK and I still stand by my comment, this is the best Bond ever. I finds this due to the amazing characterisation giving us the some classic and brand new Bond characters that we care about and want to see more of. Between these great characters there is also great chemistry, old and new. What is possibly the movie'sThank God I can finally give my review, I watched this two weeks ago in UK and I still stand by my comment, this is the best Bond ever. I finds this due to the amazing characterisation giving us the some classic and brand new Bond characters that we care about and want to see more of. Between these great characters there is also great chemistry, old and new. What is possibly the movie's greatest characteristic is the amazing cinematography, especially in the Shanghai scene which looks absolutely gorgeous and very memorable. Finally it contains some of the best scenes of all time in my opinion, one involving a certain classic Bond car. In the end Skyfall is a very funny, action packed and extremely memorable and enjoyable movie that is also emotionally involving with a more personal story line. Bond is Back and it looks like he is here to stay. Expand
  48. Nov 10, 2012
    Best bond film yet. Pays tribute to all of the other ones with a game change in plot and action. Unpredictable, dramatic, fresh, and nostalgic at the same time. Great movie!
  49. Nov 12, 2012
    After watching Skyfall, I couldn't really make up my mind... It was quite a good movie and I enjoyed R. Fiennes & J. Bardem's performances. But wasn't it a bit far fetched to show a Bond going downhill before all the other adventures are supposed to happen?? And honestly, the last stand in the parents' countryside house! That wasn't really something new, wasn't it? I feel that there's aAfter watching Skyfall, I couldn't really make up my mind... It was quite a good movie and I enjoyed R. Fiennes & J. Bardem's performances. But wasn't it a bit far fetched to show a Bond going downhill before all the other adventures are supposed to happen?? And honestly, the last stand in the parents' countryside house! That wasn't really something new, wasn't it? I feel that there's a real complacency from some directors regarding their scenario. PLEASE : don't make so many movies and WORK on them a bit longer! Nobody said that because it is an action movie you have to botch the story... Expand
  50. Nov 10, 2012
    In 2006 we were pleasantly impressed by ,,Casino Royale'' and thought that was the best Bond movie. 2 years late, when ,,Quantum of Solace'' made its debut on big screen we stuck at our first opinion and began to think that 007 may be exhausted. Well, ,,Skyfall'' proves just the opposite as it resurrects an 50 years old spy. More focused on a personal dispute than a globalIn 2006 we were pleasantly impressed by ,,Casino Royale'' and thought that was the best Bond movie. 2 years late, when ,,Quantum of Solace'' made its debut on big screen we stuck at our first opinion and began to think that 007 may be exhausted. Well, ,,Skyfall'' proves just the opposite as it resurrects an 50 years old spy. More focused on a personal dispute than a global threat, ,,Skyfall'' comes forward with his characters, but it didn't forget to bring a thrilling action and a great script. Injured in appearance, but strong, determined, lucid and phlegmatic in the same time, Bond must prove his loyalty to duty. For the first time his attributes expand from being an agent as he's pulled in a personal conflict. Away from love or personal interest, he must become unselfish in making use of his attributes. Apart from Bond there's a second great item for ,,Skyfall'' and that's Javier Bardem's villain. Raoul Silva represent more than a simple villain, he's a powerful symbol, an opposite Bond, charming the viewer with his moral-psychological attitudes as well as interpretation. We witness the greatest villain in Bond movies, a sociopath, driven by personal vendetta with nothing to stop him. Silva is the cause of all intrigues, but his role becomes even more interesting with subjectivity because he's not seen only as a terrorist but as an individualist. The action of ,,Skyfall'' is already useless when you have such great character, but still, it comes to perfectly complete this ensemble with great, thrilling action, well-written script and solid story. Maybe because it's ,,guilty'' of quite some realism this story becomes even more exciting. From crowdy city into the nature, from normal conflict to personal one, the script takes credit for being made to interpret the moral and psychological action. The technicals are quite impressive to, the movie is exciting to watch, the soundtrack is just as it's supposed to be, and the frames let you enjoy Bond, action and atmosphere as well. We witness some great stunts as well as beautiful filmed frames, made especially to enjoy the audience. In conclusion ,,Skyfall'' meets the standard set by ,,Casino Royale'' and I can say it overtakes him. Now the normal questions that comes into my mind: is there any potential left for Bond or it reaches its peak? The answer is: there's still potential left in 007 and peaks can grow higher. If they continue being so great for the next movies, Bond will become the best spy with no chance to be brought down in any possible future, but he's already there... Expand
  51. Nov 9, 2012
    Anche gli agenti speciali invecchiano. Diventano sacrificabili e si lasciano andare agli ozî di Turchia, godendosi la morte tra sesso forsennato e bevute monumentali (spesso di Heineken, il cui product placement ha contribuito parecchio al finanziamento del film). Così, quando il senso del dovere e i legami personali li richiamano in servizio, la condizione fisica eAnche gli agenti speciali invecchiano. Diventano sacrificabili e si lasciano andare agli ozî di Turchia, godendosi la morte tra sesso forsennato e bevute monumentali (spesso di Heineken, il cui product placement ha contribuito parecchio al finanziamento del film). Così, quando il senso del dovere e i legami personali li richiamano in servizio, la condizione fisica e psicologica lascia un po Expand
  52. Nov 12, 2012
    This movie was a very great movie it was full action and the tragic ending waked my emetions up but i cant give it a 10 because if this was your first 007 movie its difficult to understand it.
  53. Nov 9, 2012
    Skyfall, the new James Bond film, is one of the best in the Bond series. Skyfall takes the Bond character to another level, it really develops him. If in "Cassino Royale" and "Quantum of Solace" Daniel Craig was a good Bond, in Skyfall, he is Bond. The action scenes are awesome, the dialogues are great, but what really stands out is Javier Bardem as the villain, he is one of the best BondSkyfall, the new James Bond film, is one of the best in the Bond series. Skyfall takes the Bond character to another level, it really develops him. If in "Cassino Royale" and "Quantum of Solace" Daniel Craig was a good Bond, in Skyfall, he is Bond. The action scenes are awesome, the dialogues are great, but what really stands out is Javier Bardem as the villain, he is one of the best Bond villains ever. It´s a bit overly long, but apart from that this film is great! Expand
  54. Nov 11, 2012
    As Skyfall drives down the road that is its ever winding plot, there are many decisions to be made. Shall we go right, or left? To use to word in its non-directional fashion, Skyfall goes right. Mendes and the producers are smart enough to see temptations leading to formula and an overdrawn linear plot, and they steer clear of any such cliche. Skyfall is an intelligent, well-paced actionAs Skyfall drives down the road that is its ever winding plot, there are many decisions to be made. Shall we go right, or left? To use to word in its non-directional fashion, Skyfall goes right. Mendes and the producers are smart enough to see temptations leading to formula and an overdrawn linear plot, and they steer clear of any such cliche. Skyfall is an intelligent, well-paced action thriller that restores our faith in films of its genre. Expand
  55. Nov 14, 2012
    I don't care if I sound like a broken record when I say this: Skyfall really is the "Dark Knight" of the James Bond film franchise. You don't need to be a bond fan to enjoy this one. The action is comprehensible and exciting. The acting is great all around, with Daniel Craig and Javier Bardem always threatening to steal the show. Casino Royale was great, but Skyfall may just be better.
  56. Nov 11, 2012
    This was definitely one of my favourite bond movies it gives a very interesting story that keeps the audiences attention. there was alot more character development especially between Bond and M and i would definitely reccomend this movie especially to bond fans.
  57. Nov 11, 2012
    The best James Bond? Great franchise reboot! Music in the intro is perfect! And how wonderful chase scenes, fights, and shootings! That only is the last scene in the mansion! Great movie!
  58. Nov 11, 2012
    This was just a simply amazing bond film. Sam Mendes we need you back for the next installment. The writing, cinematography and acting was to perfection.
  59. Nov 13, 2012
    Although this isn't a great film, it is certainly better than the "Quantum of Solace" bore-fest. It starts out with the ubiquitous car/motorcycle chase we've seen in a thousand movies, then has the two people fighting on top of a moving train we've seen in a thousand more movies. In fact, there is nothing really that original in the entire movie. Even the casino scene has a pit with aAlthough this isn't a great film, it is certainly better than the "Quantum of Solace" bore-fest. It starts out with the ubiquitous car/motorcycle chase we've seen in a thousand movies, then has the two people fighting on top of a moving train we've seen in a thousand more movies. In fact, there is nothing really that original in the entire movie. Even the casino scene has a pit with a Gila Monster in it that will remind you of a Star Wars movie. I would rate the movie a "5", but Javier Bardem is SO good as the bad guy he immediately elevates the movie with his presence. He is quickly becoming a favorite actor of mine. The movie never bored me because it is so action packed, so I have to give it a pass. I saw it in IMAX and this is one of the loudest movies I have seen in awhile. So far the Daniel Craig Bond movies have been missing the humor of the older Bond films, instead focusing on action and drama. They come across as a "superhero" movie instead of an espionage thriller to me. Expand
  60. Nov 10, 2012
    I was so prepared to be blown away by this Bond movie and I am truly saddened to anknowledge its failure to live up to standard. From the very outset of the movie where it is clear that it will be nothing like its predecessors, Bond manages to underdeliver. At every turn throughout the movie I was expecting it to open up and become the high dollar escapist fare we are used to, with quickI was so prepared to be blown away by this Bond movie and I am truly saddened to anknowledge its failure to live up to standard. From the very outset of the movie where it is clear that it will be nothing like its predecessors, Bond manages to underdeliver. At every turn throughout the movie I was expecting it to open up and become the high dollar escapist fare we are used to, with quick chases and explosions, great music and women. All of which were lacking in this film. Going back to basics is fine and dandy, but in this day and age when technology is everpresent and more powerful than ever, to take away the minor pleasure of Bonds futuristic spy technology is almost more than I can take. I mean is the movie not about the power of technology and its capability in our ever changing world. As I said earlier, I wanted to love this movie so much and watched it the night of its release, only to be dissapointed in the end. Everyone should make their own opinion and never take someone's word, but you should arrive knowing that this is a different Bond experience and therefore you should appreciate it differently.

I on the other hand found it impossible to enjoy. Farwell Bond, I hope you find your way before next time.
  61. jrb
    Nov 11, 2012
    Wow. One of the best Bond movies ever. Saw at an IMAX and thought that venue and format enhanced an already excellent experience. Can't wait to see the next. Craig makes it work as did Connery. Those openings are absolutely spectacular. JRB
  62. Nov 22, 2012
    Fantastic Bond film, been to see it three times since release and made sure i was there for the first night showing, Silva is probably the best and most realistic villan ever. The story is also the most realistic. The plot is something that could very well happen in real life, there are plenty of postitives about this film, and I can't really think of any negitives, I didn't even go andFantastic Bond film, been to see it three times since release and made sure i was there for the first night showing, Silva is probably the best and most realistic villan ever. The story is also the most realistic. The plot is something that could very well happen in real life, there are plenty of postitives about this film, and I can't really think of any negitives, I didn't even go and see Casino Royale three times, Craig's line delivery is even better in Skyfall than it was in Casino Royale, fantasic work by the writers and director Sam Mendez has directed some great shots in this film, espeically as Bond and the sniper are fightying infront of the giant LED lit screen in Asia Expand
  63. Nov 11, 2012
    Another great Bond film that brings back some of the traditional elements you know and love from the previous movies. The chase scenes are phenomenal in this movie as well. Everyone does a good job on screen, but Javier Bardem steals the show though.
  64. Dec 22, 2012
    Good overall but very overrated! It is not something extraordinary nor bad, it's just fine. The scenery and effects are extraordinary and the best part of the movie was the adele intro. The big problem about this movie is that it is way to long!
  65. Nov 9, 2012
    A really well done film, with a corny "Home Alone" ending. Had a great mix of classic 'Bond' elements with a modern variation. I particularly enjoyed Q, though the lack of a bond girl was a bit of a let down. Overall, highly recommended but not a perfect 10.
  66. Nov 11, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Definitely!, not that expect many people! Slow tempo,usual scenario and not have powerful ending! if wasn't Javier bardem the value of movie would have fallen much more! Expand
  67. Nov 11, 2012
    In my opinion, this is pretty much the best Bond movie so far in this millennium.
    Casino Royale had way too much bashing and crashing, making it a basic action movie.
    This time 007 bangs less chicks, kills less men and faces his midlife crisis. They really did do a good job on making the story more dramatic and still keeping the action along. Really, give it a shot.
  68. Nov 11, 2012
    this had pretty much everything i'd want from a bond film. the poetic brilliance of the imagery was unexpected and the fact that it had some laughs along the way too was the icing on the cake. a very well rounded film that is constantly entertaining
  69. Nov 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bond is back, and in a big way. After Craig's outright disappointing outing in Quantum of Solace, it's understandable to be a tad wary of Skyfall. However, i'm pleased to report that this isn't only a great Bond film, but it may be one of the best. Those who want to know more about Bond as a person should be pleased, as Skyfall is less about over-the-top supervillian billionaires and more about Bond as a person, and how his allegiances are put to the test as the usefulness of not only himself, but MI6 are put into question. The villian, played by Javier Bardem, is a former agent who outlived his use to MI6 and was ultimately abandoned by M. He ended up surviving, and now wants revenge. The film is a bit lengthy, but that length is needed to expand upon the plot and characters, which the film favors moreso than action. Don't get me wrong, the action is heartpounding, with scenes that challenge even the likes of the best action films. The Ending, however, is tragic, yet reassuring, telling audiences everywhere that 'BOND WILL BE BACK'. And you know what? I haven't a doubt that he will, bigger and better than ever. Expand
  70. Nov 24, 2012
    This film is astounding. The acting is amazing, and it just feels like you are in this film. It's not all just shooting and running the entire time, and it just shows you how a real secret agent like James Bond is. People will just be sitting on the edge of their seat throughout this whole film. This film should be seen for all the Bond fans and people just looking for a film to watch.
  71. Nov 9, 2012
    Possibly the best bond movie ever - and I have seen all the other ones. It is good exactly because it is nothing like the other ones. This movie feels more like a Die Hard (part 1) than a Bond flick. Believable storyline, forward looking and modern script and awesome direction. Daniel Craig has totally redeemed himself on this one. I always looked at him as too gruff to suit the BondPossibly the best bond movie ever - and I have seen all the other ones. It is good exactly because it is nothing like the other ones. This movie feels more like a Die Hard (part 1) than a Bond flick. Believable storyline, forward looking and modern script and awesome direction. Daniel Craig has totally redeemed himself on this one. I always looked at him as too gruff to suit the Bond character, but this role demanded exactly that rough exterior and could not have been done by anyone else (with the possible exception of Sean Connery)

If I tried (really hard) to find fault with it, all I could say is, its rather long! But an all around awesome movie ...
  72. Nov 10, 2012
    Visually stunning, each actor/actress brings needed depth to the franchise. This is the best bond film ever and Daniel Craig firmly places himself at the head of the line as the most convincing Bond. Adding Finnes to the film was a stroke of genius. Most importantly, though, the writing in this film is tight and gritty lending authenticity to this installment. If you don't like this filmVisually stunning, each actor/actress brings needed depth to the franchise. This is the best bond film ever and Daniel Craig firmly places himself at the head of the line as the most convincing Bond. Adding Finnes to the film was a stroke of genius. Most importantly, though, the writing in this film is tight and gritty lending authenticity to this installment. If you don't like this film you should have your head examined. Enough said. Expand
  73. Nov 11, 2012
    By no means a bad film, my main issue was that it didn't take itself seriously, and often touched on parody. The action sequences are top-drawer, as you'd expect, but the story line is pretty weak. I've probably rated it up a mark having viewed it in the cinema, too. Having said all that, it's a major improvement over a Quantum of Solace, if nothing else.
  74. Nov 25, 2012
    One of the best bond films ever. I see some people on here talking smack but their reviews dont make any sense, so Im guessing they had no idea what even happened in the film. This was the most beautiful bond film ever made. It has a brilliant pacing, action, drama, story balance, its unpredictable, has beautifully conceived erotic scenes, satisfying action, and the best bond villain ever.One of the best bond films ever. I see some people on here talking smack but their reviews dont make any sense, so Im guessing they had no idea what even happened in the film. This was the most beautiful bond film ever made. It has a brilliant pacing, action, drama, story balance, its unpredictable, has beautifully conceived erotic scenes, satisfying action, and the best bond villain ever. If you dont understand it dont write a bad review, just go watch it again, because it actually made a lot more sense than most bond films. Expand
  75. Nov 10, 2012
    I can see why it may have negative comments. Granted it wasn't the roller coaster of the old style, but we know that the Daniel Craig ones aren't in the same mold. What we do know is that the new clutch of movies are a little harder, a little grittier and indeed actually show Bond to have a personality. All this aside it is very clear that they are intending to move the series back in theI can see why it may have negative comments. Granted it wasn't the roller coaster of the old style, but we know that the Daniel Craig ones aren't in the same mold. What we do know is that the new clutch of movies are a little harder, a little grittier and indeed actually show Bond to have a personality. All this aside it is very clear that they are intending to move the series back in the direction of the older movies .....not just to keep the old fans happy but also to bring back classic elements that made Bond so quirky in the first place . Bringing Money-penny and Q back into it are a clear indication that the new movies will meet the old ones somewhere in the middle. In regards to the script , it was well paced , but the old house scene was a little too long and drawn out. The movie also concentrated a lot on M's character and whether the Agency her and Bond worked for is a necessity anymore. I'm not used to the political side of Bond but I think it was necessary in order to set the next movie in place without any unanswered questions and loose ends. Overall tho, very good. Not the best Bond ( Goldeneye is the best for me ) but certainly a great effort with a contemporary feel, yet still holding onto and promising more classic action of the old era. Expand
  76. Nov 14, 2012
    an easy review. If you like Bond films, then you will like this one. If not, then likewise probably not. Its a fun, engaging and suspense-filled romp, not to be taken too seriously. the really nice thing is that DC finally does bond properly - cold blooded womanising 60's style Connery-bond. Huzzah. that's what we watch it for. It also shows its easy to make a bond film - forget subtext -an easy review. If you like Bond films, then you will like this one. If not, then likewise probably not. Its a fun, engaging and suspense-filled romp, not to be taken too seriously. the really nice thing is that DC finally does bond properly - cold blooded womanising 60's style Connery-bond. Huzzah. that's what we watch it for. It also shows its easy to make a bond film - forget subtext - just et some hotties, a really good baddie and a decent bond, weave in some fights and a bit of politically enfused drama and bosh. 8/10 easy peasy. Well don eall round, probably almost up there with Goldeneye, and the "classics". Expand
  77. Nov 11, 2012
    To celebrate the 50th anniversary of 007, one of the best Bond films ever made has been released. Skyfall has some of the most memorable action that the series has ever seen. Daniel Craig has finally proven that he is fully capable of being Bond.
  78. Nov 9, 2012
    007 movies were always solid, that does exactly the same.
  79. Nov 9, 2012
    I've seen most of the Bond movies over the years, and this is probably among the best (at least as good as "Casino Royale," on par with "From Russia With Love" and "Goldfinger.") Moreover, it is a study in what makes Bond a true hero: not the women, not the luxuries, but "for Queen and Country" to the bitter end (and beyond).
  80. Nov 10, 2012
    One of the best Bond films ever! It will stand with classics such as Goldfinger, Dr No and From Russia with Love. This movie transitions Danial Craig's rough around the edges, pre Sean Connery's Bond, that we saw in his first two Bond movies to the suave Bond of Flemming. If you are a Bond fan this is a must see, if you are not it is still worth seeing as an action movie with pleanty ofOne of the best Bond films ever! It will stand with classics such as Goldfinger, Dr No and From Russia with Love. This movie transitions Danial Craig's rough around the edges, pre Sean Connery's Bond, that we saw in his first two Bond movies to the suave Bond of Flemming. If you are a Bond fan this is a must see, if you are not it is still worth seeing as an action movie with pleanty of chases and things getting blown up. Expand
  81. Nov 9, 2012
    The best movie since The Dark Knight. Craig has usurped Connery as the best Bond, and this movie comes with one of the most memorable villains in Raoul Silva, with an amazing performance from Javier Bardem.
  82. Nov 9, 2012
    This film is a rare action masterpiece
  83. Nov 9, 2012
    Skyfall is another incredible movie for 2012. After Batman, this is probably my favorite movie this year. The action scenes are incredible, the villain is incredible, the music is incredible and best of all the story, this time, is much better developed. After the overly complicated story of Quantum of Solace, Skyfall simplifies things for the better flourishing its elegance and style toSkyfall is another incredible movie for 2012. After Batman, this is probably my favorite movie this year. The action scenes are incredible, the villain is incredible, the music is incredible and best of all the story, this time, is much better developed. After the overly complicated story of Quantum of Solace, Skyfall simplifies things for the better flourishing its elegance and style to maximum heights. Daniel Craig once again does an incredible job as Bond, performing extraordinary in all of the different levels of emotions that this film's Bond demands. Javier Bardem as Silva also makes for a funny and very memorable villain. Overall Skyfall takes some interesting routes that were never expected or done in other 007 movies, and so, ultimately ends up being a very enjoyable and a fresh ride. With Casino Royale and this, Craig's Bond is growing into being the best ever. Expand
  84. Nov 11, 2012
    Admittedly, I've only watched a few Peirce Bronson Bond films as a young child and then Daniel Craig's additions to the franchise, so I am not exactly a scholar of the Bond films but I do enjoy them. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. The acting was superb and Javier Bardeem had me smiling a few times. The villain he plays is just insane and he does such a great job portraying that villainAdmittedly, I've only watched a few Peirce Bronson Bond films as a young child and then Daniel Craig's additions to the franchise, so I am not exactly a scholar of the Bond films but I do enjoy them. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. The acting was superb and Javier Bardeem had me smiling a few times. The villain he plays is just insane and he does such a great job portraying that villain in such a way that you kind of forget that the thing's he's doing are a bit unrealistic. Overall a great movie. Expand
  85. Nov 10, 2012
    Skyfall is wonderful, is visually lovely and the sound is brilliant. Javier Bardem gives one of his best performances and should get his 4 oscar nomination. I think acceptance among those who saw it was unanimous and it shows that this film is a success.
  86. Nov 10, 2012
    Awesome Bond movie, arguably the best of the Craig Bond films. The story is really involving, the actors all give fine performance and Sam Mendes' direction is perfect. Skyfall outbeats Casino Royale and I wonder if Bond 24 will be better than Skyfall though I doubt it.
  87. Nov 10, 2012
    Bond the best movie so far. Amazing cast, Daniel Graig better than the previous 2 movies. But the film has some lazy moments like that Javier Bardem catch Bond and he escapes so easily. So I strongly recommend the movie.
  88. Nov 22, 2012
    Since Daniel Craig took the post of Bond, the agent is turning into a complex character, with psychological density. So the origin of 007 is being explored, and it's very good since it's a trend, it's happening with batman, spiderman(tobey maguire), green lantern, superman(man of steel) and others. And it's quite fun to see how James became a 007 and know about his history. Daniel Craig isSince Daniel Craig took the post of Bond, the agent is turning into a complex character, with psychological density. So the origin of 007 is being explored, and it's very good since it's a trend, it's happening with batman, spiderman(tobey maguire), green lantern, superman(man of steel) and others. And it's quite fun to see how James became a 007 and know about his history. Daniel Craig is the best Bond in my opinion, because he has updated the Bond franchise into movies with density, drama and critics, not just act like it was before. And besides, it's more dificult to interpretate a character in this conditions. Expand
  89. Nov 9, 2012
    Nothing short of excellent or, just to tone it down a tad: extremely good. As a non-Bond fan (meaning I never saw any of the previous Bond movies, just because I never really got curious about it), I feel I can recommend this to my fellow casual viewers without the faintest hesitation. I'm sure Bond fans will also find plenty to enjoy about Skyfall, but I can't venture into putting myselfNothing short of excellent or, just to tone it down a tad: extremely good. As a non-Bond fan (meaning I never saw any of the previous Bond movies, just because I never really got curious about it), I feel I can recommend this to my fellow casual viewers without the faintest hesitation. I'm sure Bond fans will also find plenty to enjoy about Skyfall, but I can't venture into putting myself in their shoes, as it wouldn't be quite honest. From a casual viewer's perspective though, let me reiterate: Skyfall is very, very good.

From the superb credit sequence (coming, as it seems to be a well-established habit by now, after a pretty long opening sequence), with its retro and yet quite modern graphical style, to the not surprising but still quite well orchestrated ending, the movie has more to offer than you'd expect and is potentially well capable of pleasing different kinds of audience.

To be honest, I didn't have very high expectations about the acting, which instead turned out to be first-class: Craig positively surprised me (now I know he's much more than the sexy, hunky, ladies-pleasing figurine he is also meant to be), and Bardem was just insanely good, as if the role (which may well be the case) was tailored right on him. Dench was also unquestionably an excellent choice, and I could go on praising basically the whole cast without fear of saying anything crazy.

The story is well constructed; nothing particularly new to the genre, but it does always maintain the right pace, without holes, haste or dragging of any kind. The opening sequence had me hum with undisguised disappointment for quite a while (it's a long one), as it's basically a long, much filmic chase riddled with a plethora of unnecessary explosions and quite ludicrous "in the very nick of time" moments. Not to mention the abuse of "bloody" in the first dialogues ('cause yes, we get it's the smallest things that help create an atmosphere, but insisting too much on some will threaten to break the suspension of disbelief). This all had me strongly hope that wasn't what I went to see.

Luckily, it wasn't. Not at all. Instead, I was treated with a fine, I'd say even classy, plot served with acumen and that touch of irony that, or at least so I am told, characterises the Bond movies as a series. Even I, as a non-fan, could appreciate a few nods to the long line of Bond gadgets from the older movies, gently touched on all along Skyfall. This never being too much, nor ever too blatant or insisting, and always done with a hint of irony, made a very good impression on me. And the fact that Skyfall doesn't take itself too seriously, though managing to remain "realistic" (or let's say plausible), is in my opinion one of the movie's big strengths.

A brief mention is also due, I think, to the soundtrack. Though never stellar (and much less effective if listened to off the movie), it manages to convey all it's supposed to in such a motion picture: tension when it's the case, a little distension at the right moments, and an overall sense of adventure, but on the classy and refined side. And the same be said about Adele's title song - again, from a non-fan but rather very casual listener: job very well done.

If someone had told me I'd be so pleased with a movie choice my girlfriend made (she got to pick it this time), I would've hardly believed it. Turns out she was so right I feel like I owe her something of a public apology. So here it is, and to all other readers I can't but give the banal advice: go see it, you won't regret it. And this is especially true (at least from my perspective) for non-fans, casual viewers, Bond first-timers, and all other conceivable categories falling out of the "Bond fan" tag.
  90. Nov 10, 2012
    I think when it comes to bond movies you think action suspense and cool gadgets. This movie had me glued and walked out happy. I'm not a huge bond fan but the guy from no country for old men the bad guy I forget his name. He was amazing in this movie.
  91. Nov 9, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wow, even after a week this movie is still quite fresh in mind. Pros: Javier Bardem, what can I say. A copycat of Heath Ledger's Joker, yet mixed in with a bit of Julian Assange and you get one of the creepiest, yet brilliant villains of all the Bond franchises. And so determined to kill a single person.

Judi really did a great job for her swan song. First time that M actually became a principal rather than a supporting, and she really gave a good impression.

Lots of sarcastic jokes interlaced in the movie. Depending on your tolerance this may be quite annoying to some but to me, the laughters in the cinema when I watched is testament enough.

This movie really came full circle of the reimaging of Bond. Daniel Craig is without doubt one of the best Bond's for the 21st century. Now you really can trace him evolving from a blunt, cold blooded assassin, to being the legend himself. You even get to see how certain characters have begun their lives in MI6 in this newer Bond

The plot was brilliantly layed out, yet unconvoluted unlike some movies that pretentiously use it as "complexity". You know what da Silva wants, but never know how it is to be implemented. Quite clever writing. And the theme of going old school, to outwit cyberterrorism is quite smartly written, going gritty ala Sean Connery days with lesser gadgets, more grit, with a few hiccups. You can also see the clash between Cold War attitudes vs. current liberalist post Wikileaks attitude as part of the theme. I didn't need to waste time recalling areas with plot holes, or if there are the escapism was intense enough to distract me.

Cons: Action. Because this movie tries to break free from QoS Bournification, it kinda overcompensated. No really memorable scenes came into mind. Part of it may come from the movie's tight budget, and it will be it's Achilles heel as action minded audiences will come out of there yawning and giving unfair criticisms. It all comes down to personal taste but come on, the old school movies that were so highly praised were not flamboyant in action too.

The third act. A precedent in Bond history as the villain..... doesn't die in a typical fashion. Anticlimactic, almost like Bane in TDKR. But at least he kept up the creepy up to the end and died with dignity. Furthermore there is a question of why he kept throwing grenades at a burning house instead of just storming in if he wants M, shouldn't more precision be used instead?

Product placement is very atrocious. You can see it in the pre-screening and some of it doesn't end up in the film, it ends up on the tie in game. Again a side effect of making a film on a tighter budget.

Bond MIA during his 3 months on a beach. First WTF was that 2 scene sex scene? Pointless. And whilsta subplot involves Bond getting shell-shocked with his work supposed to be in this movie, it was poorly expositioned. Pointless especially when he got on the 1st flight to London the second he heard MI6 was blown up. I think what Mendes was trying to do was to draw a comparison between Bond and da Silva given their similar circumstances, but this was so underdeveloped.

Bond's backstory was interesting. I want MORE, yet it was dangled out like a **** and stopped being mentioned by the beginning of act 3.

Thomas Newman did a fairly good job using older Bond music in action scenes, but Powell was better. At some point when the DB5 was blown up, the music goes upbeat as if to suggest it pissed Bond off. Inappropriate, only invocative to Bond fans, but just looks corny.

Naomie Harris is going to be a bit of a problem as Moneypenny. 1st she's a field op who thinks she can be at Bond's level. Any form of chemistry in the old Moneypennies is gone because it all hinges on Moneypenny being the (rather sexistly) damsel trying to get to Bond's heart. Even in the 80s to 90s Moneypenny is sarcastic but still charming. That doesn't work here since she can do what a field op can. Those flirty moments just doesn't work, no chemistry....

Conclusion: Superb movie, probably the best so far ,but compared to Casino Royale this one just missed by the skin of its teeth. The story is great, completes the saga, Adele was great, Bardem was memorable, but the action is lackluster, underused subplots and anticlimactic fights drags the movie a bit. It also will get shot by action-minded moviegoers interested in QoS or Rises, but for me its a thumbs up to the max. Here's to a fruitful career, Mr Craig.
  92. Nov 9, 2012
    Two men chase each other across the rooftops of Istanbul, on motorcycles, and then fight each other atop a speeding train not to mention a beautiful woman watching it all and ready to come to the aid of the hero if need be and you are in a theatre watching the 24th film,
  93. Nov 9, 2012
    It's a nice friend to see with your friends. Pretty nice and thrilling. The only drawback is that it tries a little too hard to be serious. Probably should have stuck with more action.
  94. Nov 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers. I enjoyed the film, though I would have loved to have seen more of the primary bond girl. Only Casino Royale figured out how to feature a bond girl the way they did it with Eva Green. My primary criticism was that of the group setting up the house at Skyfall for the "uninvited guests" - seemed like a remake of the original Home Alone. That sequence pulled me out of the Bond universe for the first time in the film. I had fun with the movie - better than Quantum of Solace, not as good as Casino Royale (but that is a very high bar). Collapse
  95. Nov 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very well done 007 movie. Perfectly spaced out between the action scenes and great CGI. Must see for any action fan. Saw this in IMAX 3D. Thought towards the end it was dragged out whenever the badguy was attacking the house and chasing the lady down. besides that its worth it. Expand
  96. Nov 9, 2012
    No Bond film will match up to "Casino Royale". It just can't be done. The villains were perfect, the writing was intelligent, Craig was great, Eva Green was the best Bond girl of all time and the emotional impact was thrilling. That being said, this is about as perfect a Bond movie as you could ever get. A vast improvement over the action-over-storyline "Quantum of Solace", "Skyfall"No Bond film will match up to "Casino Royale". It just can't be done. The villains were perfect, the writing was intelligent, Craig was great, Eva Green was the best Bond girl of all time and the emotional impact was thrilling. That being said, this is about as perfect a Bond movie as you could ever get. A vast improvement over the action-over-storyline "Quantum of Solace", "Skyfall" perfectly blends emotion and stylish action. Bardem is one of the most memorable villains in Bond history and Craig matches his performance. It's a near-perfect Bond film that ranks with the best in the history of the franchise. Expand
  97. Nov 10, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Solid enjoyable movie until.... after the parliment scene with its false ending. The last 20 minutes are pointless and you leave feeling let down. To really enjoy the movie leave before the last 20 minutes and it will be great. Another director focused movie who doesn't have the self discipline to edit themselves. Expand
  98. Nov 12, 2012
    Sam Mendez's Bond is a reinvention of an old dog. Just when the series was getting tired he makes it something new and more daring; similar to What Christopher Nolan did to Batman. The film is nostalgic, funny, exciting and dramatic what more could I have asked for then a fun time at the movies.
  99. Nov 12, 2012
    For Bond fans, this is a solid movie. If you love the more serious Bond movies, this one should appeal greatly. If you looking for something along the lines of the Roger Moore era films, you will be disappointed. The reviews were people gave this a zero are being absurd. Skyfall is one of the best of the Bond movies in many ways. It does have issues, but all Bond films have issues. If youFor Bond fans, this is a solid movie. If you love the more serious Bond movies, this one should appeal greatly. If you looking for something along the lines of the Roger Moore era films, you will be disappointed. The reviews were people gave this a zero are being absurd. Skyfall is one of the best of the Bond movies in many ways. It does have issues, but all Bond films have issues. If you are looking for mindless action every five seconds, this is not for you. If you expect to see crazy gadgets, you will be disappointed. This is one of the more serious Bond movies and is a classic. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Roger Moore
    Nov 5, 2015
    Skyfall is far and away the best, and the most British of the Daniel Craig-James Bond movies.
  2. Reviewed by: Robbie Collin
    Nov 5, 2015
    Mendes...lets the quieter moments breathe.... But Mendes is rather good at being loud, too, and his nine times Oscar-nominated cinematographer Roger Deakins makes the wildly ambitious action sequences the most beautiful in Bond’s 50-year career.
  3. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    Nov 5, 2015
    While trading on viewers’ familiarity with the series’ venerable fetishes (a cheer rises at the sight of Bond’s old Aston Martin and the sound of Monty Norman’s guitar theme from Dr. No), Skyfall has the life, grandeur and gravity of a satisfying, stand-alone entertainment.