7.5

1. Jul 15, 2014
    Skyfall is nothing less than an achievement, not just for action films, but for bond films in general. It is as much of a progression as Casino Royale was. These are how bonds need to be made, they are brilliant. A veteran franchise like this still has a bright future, and I can’t wait to see what Hollywood will do with the next one.
  2. May 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie was better than the original bond movies. In the End, there was a huge house explosion that was so big it was very loud. Adele was good in the song too. Expand
  3. Nov 29, 2013
    Darker and more serious, this Bond installment thrills from start to finish through its suspenseful tone, top-notch acting, witty dialogue and its many action sequences.
  4. Sep 24, 2013
    Is this the true Bond? Not 100%, but it does manage to stand alone as one of the greatest productions of all time. Everything about this movie is to a legendary standard. Honestly, it's a legendary movie and you need to seek it out. The reasons why I think this is one of the best movies of all time are for reasons I never knew I wanted. For the most part, I'm not all that interested in the soundtrack in movies, but this one is simply put it, captivating. Adele was the perfect artist to perform 'Skyfall' and it shows but a few minutes into the movie. The performance is plain and simple some of the greatest I have ever seen, which is stand out in the interactions with Daniel Craig's Bond and Javier Bardem's Silva. The scripting is silly in true Bond fashion, which I have no idea why people have not commented on when saying this isn't the true Bond. But what is the true Bond? The true Bond is silly dialogue, taking human like damage, facing his foes with some fear, and being a womaniser. And when we're true to ourselves, the film succeeds in all the categories. This is quite simply one of the best Bond films I've ever seen, if not THE very best. This film is a very rare case, an action-thriller that doesn't even attempt to be overly bad ass, and instead goes for a very realistic plot with a realistic narrative, which is probably what I love the most about 007, it's all carried out realistically, and close to home. It's almost scary, this film has changed my view on life, and made me question my trust in the world. When a film is that impactful and controversial, and had me clapping mere minutes into the movie, I just can't help myself with this one. The final verdict is a perfect score, a 10/10. It really goes to show what a 'Triple A' development can give us. It's been a long time since I've issued a perfect score, not since Toy Story 3 in 2010, making this one of the best films of the decade. Expand
  5. Sep 20, 2013
    One of the best recent Bonds, Skyfall works great as a drama as well as having some classic Bond action scenes. Daniel Craig is a very good portrayer of Ian Fleming's character, and these movies are the perfect showcases for the actor's talents. Overall, a must-see for Bond fans or anyone else who wants to see a good drama and action movie.
  6. Aug 24, 2013
    Intricate and dramatic but not too much to overlook it's gritty and fun action, 'Skyfall' is one of the top Bond films. Craig is the better Bond, except for Sean Connery. Bardem is in a very accomplished role as this enigmatic, lunatic who keeps thickening the plot as it goes on. I loved this so much, I watched in the movies TWICE.
  7. Jul 16, 2013
    This is one of the BEST Bond films ever made, that brings Bond back after the terrible 'Quantum of Solace'. Bond is brought back after four long years in major style and emotional context that really matches the times. Everything about this film is thrilling- the story is very well written and witty, the acting is top notch (the best cast ever in a Bond film), the music is amazing, the title song is classic Bond and one of the best songs of the series, the villain is truly frightening and threatening, the action is epic, etc. Another perfect Bond film that brought Bond back with a bang. Great, great film. Expand
  8. Jun 30, 2013
    Welcome to the 21st century James Bond! Danielle Craig was superb as Bond in Casino Royal, but Quantum of Solace lacked, well everything. So long cold war, hello cyber terrorism. The days of campy exploding pens and laser watches gives way to a villain who is believable and gadgetry/stunts/props that are relatively believable (willful suspension considered). The acting is superb and the cinematography is carefully created. The 50th anniversary gives me hope that the "Hollywood" brain trust is not completely lost in remakes and sequels than really don't need to be made. Expand
  9. Jun 18, 2013
    Okay so is bond #23 everything you hoped for it to be or is it just a huge flop? Haha, you kidding? This film is great. But before I go any farther… …Adele, you, you are what 007 opening credits were made for. Now that I got that out of the way… This film opens up explosively. From the first action scene to the beautiful opening credit sequence you have already gotten your moneys worth. bond #23 is easily the “best looking” one to date. I’m not only talking effects here, I mean lightning and camera work. The use of colour really goes a step forward here, setting the mood perfectly even when locale jumps from one another. Not only that, but for an action film, it knows how to slow down and become even a bit artsy. Let me explain.
    There is a scene in which Bond is chasing “someone”, lets call him, “wood be assassin.” This “wood be assassin” is on a mission of his own. Instead of going in guns blazing, he decides to be very stealthy. While doing so they enter a room beautifully illuminated with blue light; zero sound was used in this scene as well, making it ten times as thrilling, and this is only one example, there are plenty more.
    When Bond meets his enemy for the first time (played by Javier Bardem) The scene also lacks any score of any kind, but to good effect. Instead you hear only two things, Javier’s long menacing metaphor, and the echoing sounds of his footsteps.
    Besides these little details, Skyfall has great performances by Daniel Craig and especially Judi Dench. These two are the highlights of this movie, and by that I mean this story focuses heavily on their relationship and the many details about MI6. This story is easily the strongest one from an emotional standpoint.
    If I have any gripes, one would be the length. I know it’s a Bond film and there are many story details to fit in, and I am a man who can respect slow paced films as long as they benefit the story and or serve a purpose to the suspense/mood of a film. But a few points in the middle of here I found myself wanting the film to progress a bit faster.
    However,
  10. Jun 4, 2013
    "Coming off the trashy Quantum Of Solace, Skyfall is the bond everyone has been waiting for, filled with thrill to the minute excitement, impossible obstacle's and one of the best Bond Villains in over a decade. Skyfall is simply a movie you can't miss." A
  11. Jun 3, 2013
    Reading reviews by other users on this sight baffles me; who really cares if there is blatant product placement? Did it ruin the movie that much that you had to give 0? This is easily one of the best Bond films ever made, and Daniel Craig is certainly a contender for the title of "greatest Bond ever".

Craig portrays Bond in a way we have not previously seen; he presents Bond as a broken
    man that's lost his edge forget the suave, handsome, perfect man that most of us believe Bond to be and picture a washed up, bearded, borderline alcoholic, a man who is merely a hollow shell of what he once was. That's what makes Craig so appealing, he plays Bond with a sense of realism and vulnerability. The villain of this movie is wonderfully portrayed by Javier Bardem (known for his portrayal of Anton Chigurh in No Country For Old Men); a man who relies more on his brain than physical strength, a man betrayed by his own people and on a personal vendetta against the woman who betrayed him. He's a believable villain, bearing many similar traits to the villain of Die Hard 4. Bardem plays the part with a great deal of charm; although he has a small amount of screen time he makes the most of every scene he is in and was undeservedly snubbed for an Supporting Actor Academy Award.

Sam Mendes has made a perfect Bond that is realistic but also pays tribute to the Bond films of the past. Mendes, unlike his Bond director predecessors, develops the background characters giving them depth and emotion; M now serves a purpose in this movie and is portrayed by Judi Dench as a woman afraid of letting her country down and losing her pride. Q is introduced in this movie as a considerably younger man, he's a computer genius with a poor sense of humour who despite his intelligence is still outsmarted by the villain. Apart from developing the characters, Mendes also utilises some brilliant cinematography; the fight between Bond and the assassin is reminiscent of the fight in Moonraker and the villain is introduced with a 30 second static camera that doesn't move instead the villain walks towards the camera until we can discern his appearance.

The music for this film is conducted by Thomas Newman who does a brilliant job supplying background music for scenes. However my one real criticism of the film is the opening song; Skyfall by Adele. I dislike the fact that she was hired, not because I have a personal dislike of her music, but because the producers aimed to release a commercially successful song that would win the Academy Award. The song is easily one of the worst in the history of Bond movies and should have been replaced with a song that reflects the tone of the movie.

Apart from that criticism this is easily one of the best Bond films ever made, its a return to form after the disappointment of Quantum of Solace, and Daniel Craig will be the greatest Bond ever. Roll on Bond 24.
  12. May 15, 2013
    The 007 franchise was never the same after the entry of Daniel Craig as James Bond. Skyfall is not only 23rd film in the franchise as well as the best so far. Sam Mendes brings a magnificent thriller and well run with great action scenes and performance of the cast.
  13. Apr 21, 2013
    One of the best movies ever in my opinion. If action had a name, it would be James Bond. The movie had exciting action sequences, a good plot, and never-ending edge-of-your-seat thrills.
  14. Mar 26, 2013
    The 23rd entry in the James Bind franchise is without a doubt my favorite one yet! It felt very personal and emotional and it shows that Bond is not as invincible as he use to be. The movie also has the best Bond villain since Goldfinger, something that this series needed badly. Honestly, I think Javier Bardem and Judi Dench should've won awards for their roles. The cinematography is some of the best I've ever seen in any movie. The long, subtle shots showed me that an action movie doesn't always need quick, rough shots. And even with all those excellent qualities, the moment in the movie that astounded me the most was the villain's entrance on the island. I had never seen a shot like that and it nearly took my breath away. Bardem was as charming and menacing as ever and the story he tells is spooky as hell. Do not miss this movie. I assure you will regret it! Expand
  15. Mar 24, 2013
    This James Bond entry is very different from any other James Bond movie ever made. It really takes you to the inner depths of James Bond. Yet it is still everyting James Bond should be. Exciting, action pack and sexy. It is also at times with Javier Bardem, suspenseful. And the ending is truly surprising. Overall, it's still an action-packed thrill ride, just done a lot better than any of them.
  16. Mar 21, 2013
    A good James Bond film always needs martinis, gadgets, beautiful women and guns. Thankfully, director Sam Mendes’s (American Beauty, Road to Perdition) Skyfall has all of that and more. Bond turned 50 in 2012 and he didn’t age a day since he first made his debut in 1962’s Dr. No. Skyfall, now the 23rd Bond film in the series is Daniel Craig’s third outing as the character and he delivers his most emotionally riveting performance as Bond yet. Set after the events of Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace, Skyfall presents a Bond who is clearly off his game and is suffering from some form of post-traumatic stress syndrome. Bond’s personal dilemmas need to set aside as he is confronted by a psychotic killer hell bent on destroying MI6, the British secret intelligence service. Not only does this psychopath possess and invaluable list of names that could cause the death of hundreds of British agents, but that same person shares a past with a very notable character in the series and is intent on making life a living hell for Bond and his morally conflicted mentor, M.

Craig shares the screen with the always amazing Judi Dench, who returns as Bond’s boss M, Naomie Harris, a fellow agent with a very unique name, Ben Whishaw, as the wonderfully sarcastic new gadget master Q, and Ralph Fiennes as a British agent who, of course, is more than he appears to be. One of the most important parts to any Bond film is the villain. The previous Craig films have always suffered when it comes to a memorable megalomaniac, but there is no denying that Javier Bardem’s performance as Silva, a deranged cyber-terrorist with a vicious grudge, is one of the most memorable Bond villains since Goldeneye’s 006, Alec Trevelyan.

The performances are all top notch, but the action scenes are what sets this movie a part from most films this year. A breathtaking motorcycle chase across rooftops in Istanbul turns into one of the craziest fights on a train that you'll ever see, and that’s barely the first ten minutes of the film. Quite a few action scenes pay homage to those found in prior Bond outings, while still making them unique at the same time. Mendes grounds the action, allowing it to be thrilling without veering into brain numbing absurdity. Skyfall has plenty of other goodies for fans too. Cinematographer Roger Deakins’ work is gorgeous as he perfectly captures the beauty of Istanbul, Shanghai and other cities around the world. His visual flair enriches everything from the action scenes to the quiet conversations between characters. The always famous opening credit sequence adds yet another great song to list. The song, simply called Skyfall, was written and performed by Adele. Adele’s work is easily one of the best Bond themes ever.
    The film will please 007 fanatics as well as newcomers who are unfamiliar with the super-spy’s globetrotting escapades. Skyfall is easily one of the best Bond films in the series and it sets a very high bar for the next adventure.
  17. Mar 19, 2013
    Watching skyfall make you realise how much we all love 007. Skyfall is my favourite bond movie the acting is incredible. What more can I say apart from WOW.
  18. Mar 14, 2013
    Lashing, dashing, breathtaking, powerful. Best Bond Ever. Skyfall is a mesmerizing movie, it's the first 2 minutes that grasp you in the movie. Bond movies such as On Her Majesty Service has been very well compelled and also compared to the new effects in the film. Javier Bardem is my favorite Bond villain first I was a Gert Frobe person but now that has changed after Bardem entered Bond films. The Climax was amazing and sad. Skyfall is both a fall and a rise. Expand
  19. Mar 3, 2013
    Best Bond movie ever made, there is a lot of action in it and I like that, good actors, especially Javier Bardem and Ralph Fiennes. One of the best Bond villains and an epic end. This is a new must see.
  20. Feb 20, 2013
    Best Bond-movie of Daniel Craig and maybe even the best Bond-movie since Roger Moore's. I like the "back to the roots" romantic and that the plot plays a lot in Great Britain.
  21. Feb 19, 2013
    After 50 years, and 50 plus mistakes in Quantum of Solace, director Sam Mendes has delivered the home front of Bond movies, its big, bold, smart, and simply feels like classic Bond, while maintaining its more gritty and realistic approach to the genre.
    It's got all the ingredients of the Bonds of yesteryear with a few spices added in, take out the disastrous films before we had the
    reboot, and they all cumulate in this,and what a thrill to behold.
    An opening scene involving a thrilling chase through Istanbul already feels better than the opening of Quantum, its cleaner, crisper, and is relevant to the story which follows.
    An attack on MI6 sets up a story that is perhaps one of the best Bond plots to grace the big screen, Judi Dench finds her true calling in this film, having a much more pivotal role as M, who is the target of estranged agent Silva, played creepily by Javier Bardem, perhaps not as menacing as his turn in No Country For Old Men, but certainly a nod to classic Bond villains, and the nods don't stop there. Q makes his return to the Bond universe, but in a very different, and in the younger form of Ben Wishaw, its Bond, but with its own modern spin ('What did you expect? An exploding pen?")
    The set pieces are explosive and epic, a subway train tumbling through the roof was a particular highlight, but the climax in the old orphanage was superb, Sam Mendes pulled no punches in delivering an exhilarating finale, even with the inclusion of Albert Finney (The Bourne franchise)
    There where complaints regarding the lack of chemistry between Craig and Naomie Harris, who played Eve in the film, but i personally seen this as deliberate to mask the eventual history behind Eve's character.
    The friendly exchanges between Bond and Q are the real comedic points of the film, with Bond viewing Q basically as a mere schoolboy, Q soon proves his worth as the film progresses with the ongoing mission to identify Silva.
    But it is really the relationship between Bond and M that solidifies her role as a central character within the bond universe, Craig and Dench do a brilliant job in playing the mother and son role which is rare to see for such a weathered franchise, and their friendship, albeit strained, his truly put to the test in Skyfall as M's past makes an unwelcome return. Was it better than Casino Royale, they are quite on par in my opinion, Casino Royale changed the rules completely but Skyfall did a wonderful job of enforcing them, while not trying to stray too far of the British spy's rich history.
    Skyfall rips apart the armour of the previous films and creates a vulnerable and emotional film that doesn't hold back in piercing the chest with a mass of bullets, its true core lies within the history and relationship of the characters, and this film wipes the slate clean to make a point of saying that Bond is here to stay.
  22. Feb 17, 2013
    The movie was good overall. However, I had to stretch my imagination to accept a gunshot by a hi powered rifle and a 3 story drop into canyon type water and survive. But I am not a gun expert so I wont say it is impossible, but the fall is definitely a broken bone (all) fall.
  23. Feb 14, 2013
    All I can say is that this is the best Bond movie to date! I'm really glad that they made Bond a more human character. It was a very different take from any Bond movie to date. It's good to see them trying to keep evolving the franchise. Love the directing and cinematography from Mendes. Can't wait for the next chapter!
  24. Feb 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As you all know, 2012 marks the 50th year of the James Bond series and Skyfall is the 23rd movie in the entire franchise. What I have to say is that Skyfall is an outstanding movie but I will get all the details down but this review will contain spoilers so if you haven't seen the movie, DO NOT read this review, you have been warned.

Skyfall begins with Bond fighting an agent working for a terrorist in Istanbul and then being shot by a female sniper and then drowns in water which makes MI6 claim that Bond is dead but when MI6 is under attack, Bond returns to MI6 to stop the villan. Daniel Craig has done an amazing job with his performance as James Bond as well as Javier Bardem as the antagonist Silva. Both Mr.Craig and Mr.Bardem have both executed their scenes perfectly. Also, the movie does have a lot of awesome and memorable moments such as Bond and his co-worker Eve played by Naomie Harris in Istanbul, Bond in China and the ending. Another great thing about the movie is Judi Dench as M. Her performance was truly memorable that some Bond Fans would want to go back and see. The only problem with this movie is that the movie has some boring scenes like the part where Bond has to redo his training. My final verdict is a 9/10. This is a must see for James Bond fans or if you are someone who wants to see a good movie.
  25. Jan 22, 2013
    Skyfall is a great new take on the James Bond franchise. It really explores the years of toll a life being James Bond would have on a person. It even explores Bond's origins and family life. A great undertaking for a franchise that is usually about giving you cheesy one-liners and large explosions for entertainment. We would get a lot more balance of storyline if every James Bond movie was written this well. Probably one of my favorite Bond movies now. Expand
  26. Jan 22, 2013
    The latest entry to the long-running James Bond series has perhaps hit a high note for the series as a whole, which is fitting, considering it was made for the 50th anniversary of the franchise. Pretty much everything feels right about this movie, the acting is superb from all involved, but I think Javier Bardem's turn as the ever famous Bond villain, in this film Silva, steals the show magnificently: he's just the right amount creepy and eerie as he is camp, liking him to Heath Ledger's Joker is perhaps some of the best praise I can give him (shame he does not have an Oscar nomination, although he does have a BAFTA nomination). The film starts in a very exciting fight and chase scene, but the rest of the film is not as high octane as the opening scene, which is good as it really lets you get to see the characters properly. While most of the old Bond films have him going to exotic places to get the bad guy, Skyfall spends most of its run time in England, and the end of the film in Scotland, again, perfect for the 50th anniversary thing they had going, the scenes outside of England are just as good as ever, particularly the scenes in Shanghai, containing some of the best cinematography I have ever seen. This is not found only in Shanghai, for one of the film's crowning glories is how beautifully shot it really is. On the 50th anniversary topic, several nods are made to what happened in the older films: a lot of these, sadly, went over my head, as I have not seen many Bond films at all. It does deal with the timeline as well as it could, showing an old institution, which is changing with the times, but sticking to its roots was a fine indication of where the series is headed in the future. Exciting, beautiful, tense and disturbing can all be used to describe Skyfall, whose only problem in my book is that the final showdown was a little lackluster in places compared to the rest of the film, helped only by Silva's creepy arrival. The best Bond film? Perhaps. 92/100. Expand
  27. Jan 15, 2013
    As a huge Bond-fan, especially of the last three, I thought this was by far the best ever. The amazing pictures, the fantastic bad guy and the great new additions to the cast, the entertaining story and above all the fabulous Daniel Craig who nails his role even better then in the previous 2 parts. And, girls, Daniel Craig is just hot! With just a towel around his hips it's difficult to focus on the movie so I went to see this movie for three times in the cinema now and still I could see it again. Expand
  28. Jan 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This film is by far the best film of 2012. I have seen many complaints ranging from "It wasn't realistic enough" to "It was too realistic and not corny enough like the original Bond films". I have seen every Bond film and my favourite Bond will always be Pierce -- and this can then show I have no problem with the "corny" and over-dramatic Bond films. This film was a work of art, every scene was perfectly scripted, acted and shot and scenes such as the fist-fight in the dimly lit skyscraper took my breath away. The Casino scenes were stylistically beautiful, the opening chase scene was thrilling and perfectly done. Daniel Craig did a great performance, his portrayal of a darker James Bond, slipping from his standards and becoming sloppy is a tale laced with angst and drama but perfectly executed. Silva was a superb bond villain and I adored that the fact he was gay or bisexual was subtle and only hinted at and not made into a grand show or his character's defining attribute -- his line "Life clung to me like a disease" and indeed that whole scene was perfectly delivered and structured. The interactions between Bond, Silva and M in this strange triangle of characters, their interactions, their histories and their motives all clashing together to form this great Bond tale was magnificently done. The only flaws this film had were firstly that the ending scenes set in the house, before the ice lake and the church, dragged on slightly and became a bit tiresome. There was barely any light in these scenes and after fifteen minutes of it, it becomes stagnant. My final flaw and something that really pulled me out of the film was Q sticking two ethernet cables into Silva's laptop and then shouting "How the hell did he get into our systems?" after their system is hijacked. Seriously? At this point everyone knew Silva was a hacker, he was in custody -- so why do that? Why connect the networks via ethernet cables? Isn't Q meant to be a "genius?" And then Q pulls them out of the laptop like "Oh, silly me." Really, really...

But alas, apart from those two flaws -- relatively minor in size -- this film was magnificent and damn near perfect. Definitely give it a watch, buy it on Bluray too. **** get a poster. It's that good.
  29. Jan 8, 2013
    an epic must watch the bond film is back with a huge bang, this film is one definitely to watch, whether you enjoy Bond or not, the film contains an epic mix of suspense, and action with an extremely well structured story line, antagonist, and ending, as well as a straight to the point introduction.
  30. Jan 4, 2013
    It may not be the best Bond film, but Skyfall is an exciting action movie, with an awesome villain, brilliant acting by Craig and Dench (as M), and a storyline more genuinely emotionally engaging than most other Bonds (aside from Casino Royale), even if the originality of Casino, and the escapist fun of the older Bonds, is not quite captured.
  31. Jan 3, 2013
    With action packed in every shot, the ending comes to a shocking end, but still takes the top 3. This movie, being the great one it is, stands up to even Goldfinger. Many ask if Goldfinger met its equal, or possible match. In reality, it has met its equal. Sean Connery and Daniel Craig face each other with there best movie pick. Connery's top as Goldfinger, Craig's top as.... well obviously Skyfall. This is a necessity for every Bond fan. Daniel Craig is at his best. Until this film, I didn't think Goldfinger could ever be matched. Don't listen to the people below or above who say it is a waste of time and money. And I don't mean to get offensive, but a lot of people who think it sucked are people who grew up back in Connery and Moore years and can't like newer versions of many old movies. There are many adults who love the movie too though. My dad for instance is a very good critic on Bond movies. Usually he likes the older ones the best. But he says that now that he saw Skyfall, he can't decide between Connery or Craig. Note: Movie is not for people who hate getting headaches because of thinking over Connery or Craig. Expand
  32. Jan 2, 2013
    Just like WiiU's "ZombiU" this is media that is low key but high impact. And just like ZombiU, the yanks once again totally miss the point as their bloodlust and sociopathic needs will not be met in this movie. Skyfall is the On Her Majesty's Secret Service of 2012, looking deeply into the more human level of being Bond and his relationship with M, the world, and himself. The whole film is also a clever way to return return to the classic Bond. Expand
  33. Dec 28, 2012
    One of the best portrayed, and entertaining 007 films I've seen. Skyfall is a two and a half hour long film that's worth watching. An excellent way to bring back earlier characters.
  34. Dec 23, 2012
    Even if "Skyfall" lacking the classic Bond energy is a minor imperfection, it is a blemish on an action film masterpiece that is a fast-paced, emotionally charged and iconic thriller that defines itself proudly as not only one of the best action films ever, but one of the best Bond films ever - and this is appropriate, seeing that Daniel Craig is the (second) best Bond ever.
  35. Dec 19, 2012
    I came out of Skyfall excited to tell people about it. A great movie on every level. I loved the nod to past bond history and the modern edge to the plot. My partner went along reluctantly and came out chattering about the best parts. Not to be missed.
  36. Dec 18, 2012
    Operation Skyfall is certainly one of the more different films in the series. Even having links with other films in the series that completes fifty years, which reigns here are references to movies most hallowed of cinema. Or, so to speak, of films that challenge more pipeline, which ultimately generate more intimate links to the protagonist and transcendence. Although problems with linearity, which in this case are surprisingly linked to Silva villain (played by Oscar winner Javier Bardem for No Country Where The Time), and thus who really holds the film as a whole is Daniel Craig. Although forceful action scenes, is quite correct to say that the film earns exactly the weaknesses that James Bond and exposes the direction of Sam Mendes that makes it all look perfect. In all, Operation Skyfall does not surpass the perfect Casino Royale, but is undoubtedly among the best in the series. Expand
  37. Dec 16, 2012
    Javier Bardem is my favorite Bond villain, what can I say? I think he kills it, he nailed the role so well. And the intro, the song. My favorite part of the movie is the fact that it's not like the other movies, yes, Bond isn't the ultimate man who gets laid every 20 minutes, he is rusty and must get back. I love the fact that he has to rise back, and I think people who dislike it is because they dislike changes, I think this is the best Bond movie I've seen.
    The others are cool but monotone and overall, they all end up being the same, I liked this one because of the different direction it took
  38. Dec 14, 2012
    Best Bond Movie Ever. It starts off as action pack as a bond movie can and makes sure to hit everything that a must. It's the 3rd act of the movie where is becomes something more and for the 1st time get to see Bond on a human level as we explore just a bit of his past in grand fashion.
  39. Dec 11, 2012
    Skyfall is possibly better than Casino Royale and much better than Quantum of Solace. The story follows on current events and takes you back through James Bond's past. This is the most emotional of the trilogy which makes you feel the movie as real as it can be. The story is great and is complimented with the visual effects and the action... along with those small details. This proves to show that Bond can still kick ass without needing all those gadgets. Daniel Craig, along with the rest of the cast make this movie a real triumph! Craig is definitely the best Bond and this is the best current movie since The Dark Knight Rises hit cinemas. Although both very different, they are as good as one another. Expand
  40. Dec 10, 2012
    Skyfall is just another reason why Daniel Craig's Bond stands apart; the level of character he exudes due to the more dynamic role he plays is amazing. No other Bond do you see at the lows and highs of his life, as well as his abilities. It's quite the stark contrast to less interesting Bonds like Brosnan, who was more memorable for the gadgets he used than his character.

9/10 for
    exceeding expectations of character, and throwing a good movie in as well. Expand
  41. Dec 5, 2012
    BRILLIANT! fantastic movie., Love how they relate some things back to previous films, eg in the Astin Martin 007 is in with M and he goes to flick a switch (i think it was anyway) and M says go on eject me i dont care. lol Pointkless review but it made me laugh :)
  42. Dec 5, 2012
    LET THE SKY FALL. WE WILL STAND TALL, AT SKYFALL.
    Skyfall is a mere proof that a good spy film doesn't need nonsense action-sequences or incorporation of unrealistic gadgets, it just needs a great screenplay, astounding performances and outstanding direction. I see a lot of people complaining that a James Bond movie without action sequences and gadgets and devices is worthless. What they
    don't understand is that everything needs to evolve and get out of its own self-made shell, because, sooner or later, people start demanding for something else, something they never would have expected, something that makes them change their mind about a certain subject.
    Same is the case here. Sam Mendes has proved himself to be an outstanding director once again (he directed American Beauty for which he won an Academy Award in 2000). His sense of imagination is so brilliant that it totally works for the film. Cinematography is done by Roger Deakins, having received nine nominations for an Academy Award for Best Cinematography, he is one of the great cinematographers of the film industry and he continues to prove it in Skyfall with his brilliant camera work.
    The important thing about this film is the screenplay, which is, no doubt, different from all the Bond movies made before Skyfall and that's what makes it so better. Written by Neal Purvis, John Logan and Robert Wade, the screenplay works like a charm because you get to know Bond and above all, the other major character of the movie, M (played by Judi Dench). Daniel Craig continues to shine in his role even more, it seems like he had been practising to improve himself and it becomes really clear when you compare his performance to the previous installment 'Quantum of Solace'. In Skyfall, it feels like Craig has found his lost indenity and he is never going to let go of it. The other key character of the movie is Raoul Silva (played by Javier Bardem who is perhaps the most famous Spanish actor, having previously won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in 'No Country for Old Men'), is the film's main antagonist and he is more than a villain. Bardem's performance and his character reminds me of the Joker (The Dark Knight) at cerain points, he has done it so wonderfully and only he could make it happen. Other cast members include Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris, Bérénice Lim Marlohe, Albert Finney and Ben Whinshaw who support the film's plot and storyline properly.
    What I love about this film is that it doesn't feel like I am watching a Bond movie and that's exactly what I love. It has a different soul, a darker one, the character-driven plot has been handled in an amazing way. I don't mind if a spy film doesn't have more action-sequences because to me, the plot and main theme of the film is more important. People may also say that the plot of the movie is so typical and predictable and it gets boring but if we look closer, we see a rebirth of the entire Bond franchise, just like Christopher Nolan did with the Batman franchise.
    ...And who could forget Adele's wonderful voice in a melodious soundtrack to the movie, written by both Adele and Paul Epworth and the way it has been incorporated in the opening sequence is just freaking brilliant. I wouldn't be surprised if it wins the Academy Award for Original Song.
    Am I liking it too much? Am I impressed with this movie too much? Am I being biased? MAYBE. Because SKYFALL is just the right amount of Bond I wanted to see in the 23rd film.
  43. Dec 4, 2012
    I absolutely loved skyfall. I was so excited to see the new James Bond, after an upbringing being mainly about action films and being indoctrinated by 007, I arrived at the cinema with my friends. It was the second week of it being showcased at the cinema, and it was packed full! This is a good sign, I thought. I thoroughly enjoyed the pace of the movie, however, the story line sometimes had its downfalls. Also, the song. I really do not think that this dreary Adele song should have been chosen to be the main song for James Bond!! It's never going to be as awesome as the James Bond classics such as Goldfinger. On the contrary, I absolutely loved the tragic ending! I would thoroughly recommend going to see this James Bond movie, at least it's better than Quantum Of Solace (or do we not count that one as a James Bond movie anymore?) Expand
  44. Dec 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The spoilers are not strictly spoilers (i.e., no plot or story give-aways). But if you like figuring out things about a movie on your own, there are a few things in here you may not wish to read.

That said -

This is a really good movie. It's about getting older, so I can see how if you are young it wouldn't be too appealing. But in my opinion it does so many things right: Great visuals, poetic/literary tie-ins (The Second Coming, Ozymandias), many hat's off or homage to earlier Bond films, etc. It's just plain fun. However, it's probably more fun if you are a bit older (I'm fifty, the age of the Bond franchise).
  45. Nov 30, 2012
    "Skyfall" is easily the best and most solidly entertaining Bond film to date, raising the bar for the iconic series and bringing Craig's tougher, rougher 007 to its most polished form yet. The choice of Sam Mendes could not have been more spot-on - the movie is beautiful to look at from start to finish. The setpieces and locations are stunning and totally engaging, particularly the skyscraper scene in Shanghai, and everything feels like the classic, traditional Bond while maintaining a marvelous, modern look and style. The plot is very fresh and entertaining, and where the previous two Craig films were somewhat lacking in their villains and finales, this one more than compensates with a much truer and more traditional-feeling villian, played to great effect by Javier Bardem, and a flat-out fantastic climax. Add it all together, and the 50th anniversary Bond marks a genuine step up in quality and entertainment. Absolutely awesome. Expand
  46. Nov 29, 2012
    This movie was absolutely fantastic. Daniel Craig once again shows why he's the best James Bond ever. He's has all of the charisma of any of the past Bonds but has a grit to him that allows the movies to be a bit darker and more realistic. While I didn't enjoy Skyfall quite as much as Casino Royale, it was still much better than Quantum of Solace and is probably my second favorite Bond movie ever. I liked that they added depth to M and touched on some of the political element to MI6. I was a bit disappointed that Berenice Marlohe wasn't featured more. I've been hearing for the past month what a beautiful and fantastic Bond-girl she is and, while she is stunning, she was barely in the film at all. Overall, it's a great movie and more than just Bond fans will enjoy it. On a side note, since everyone seems to be mentioning Adele, I will also... she's awesome and her opening song to the movie is the perfect Bond track, lol. Expand
  47. Nov 28, 2012
    Featuring awe-inspiring cinematography, fantastically well written - and acted - characters, an absorbing story, brilliant set pieces, and an utterly gorgeous score, "Skyfall" marks an undeniable high note within one of cinema's most treasured franchises.
  48. Nov 28, 2012
    Sam Mendes is most renowned for his outstanding work in romantic, dramatic films though in the Christopher Nolan inspired new James Bond sensation
  49. Nov 27, 2012
    james bond is back with a bang. Right from the start to the end skyfall gives you that old james bond feeling that quantum of solace could not delver. In fact this Bond entry is a candidate for best bond ever. The only negative that pops into my mind is that even though this is a brilliant movie it lacked something new
  50. Nov 26, 2012
    Skyfall is my favorite Bond film thus far. I never was a big fan of the older Bond movies, but have thoroughly enjoyed the Bronson and Craig iterations. I like the direction the Daniel Craig ones have taken as far as leaving the cheesy gadgets behind in favor of a more rugged, physical Bond. I was a bit nervous with the way Skyfall started as there were several different actions/reactions that pulled me out of the action sequence. However, as it calmed down and started to introduce the main villain I was reassured. Javier Bardem was the highlight of Skyfall and I consider him to be the best Bond villain to date. His menacing, cerebral nature was more scary and intimidating than any other Bond villain plotting to rule the world. Despite having the knowledge and technology to wreck huge havoc on the world, Bardem's plan is more local and revenge driven (a much more interesting approach). Learning more about Bond's past was nice but nothing earth-shattering since it came off as the already done Bruce Wayne type of story. However, it was all executed convincingly and Daniel Craig does a great job as a broken but still very deadly Bond. Like the movies underlining story of "This Old Dog still has Bite", Skyfall proves that the 23rd Bond movie can still pack a punch and bring something new and entertaining to the table. In a sense, I wish this would be the last Bond movie since it was so fitting for a conclusion, but we all know there will be more and lets just hope they'll be as good as this one was. 9/10 Expand
  51. Nov 26, 2012
    Javier Bardem is a scene stealing genius in this film. A classic egomaniacle Bond villain who is not to be underestimated. He elevates the movie to the next level. Bond and M continue their odd relationship. Is it simply boss and employee? Is it mother and son? Master and protege? Anyway, their interaction is always great and we also see a darker side to M. How far is she willing to go and how many lives really are expendable for her cause?

I also like the new Q. A big ego in a small body, which can only come from incredible intelligence and success at such an early age. Played very well by Ben Whishaw. I was glad that they didn't fall into the old campy schtick of too many implausible Bond gadgets.
  52. Nov 26, 2012
    A very good bond movie. Got all the cliches we expect to find in a bond movie. Though it has kind of a sad ending compared to other bond movies when Bond drifts of into the distance witha lady in his arms. Still I think its a great movie. Well worth a viewing!
  53. Nov 26, 2012
    The movie was enjoyable. The music was good and suited the scenes. Action was smooth and didn't hog too much screen time. Visually the locations in the movie were interesting, variying and beatiful. Craig continues to perform well and fits the character perfectly. Same goes for the other characters. The villain stayed within logic and wasn't evil just for the sake of being evil. The plot is ok even though you can pretty much guess how it'll play out right from the start. The makers of this movie knew what the audience expects from a Bond movie and delibirately made jokes of those things, which for me was very refreshing. As with movies involving high-tech in the plot, there was hacking and such computer stuff in it which was a "bit" overplayed and animated compared to how it is in real life, but I accept this for the sake of making it visual for the movie viewer. Expand
  54. Nov 25, 2012
    One of the best bond films ever. I see some people on here talking smack but their reviews dont make any sense, so Im guessing they had no idea what even happened in the film. This was the most beautiful bond film ever made. It has a brilliant pacing, action, drama, story balance, its unpredictable, has beautifully conceived erotic scenes, satisfying action, and the best bond villain ever. If you dont understand it dont write a bad review, just go watch it again, because it actually made a lot more sense than most bond films. Expand
  55. Nov 24, 2012
    This film is astounding. The acting is amazing, and it just feels like you are in this film. It's not all just shooting and running the entire time, and it just shows you how a real secret agent like James Bond is. People will just be sitting on the edge of their seat throughout this whole film. This film should be seen for all the Bond fans and people just looking for a film to watch.
  56. Nov 24, 2012
    I've always been a Bond fan. To start off, Pierce Brosnan is the best. He had gadgets, the original Q and a sense of charm and wit. The Danial Craig Bond is emotionless and dry at times. That being said I have still loved all three of his movies so far. If I had to rate them in order Skyfall is at the top then Casino Royal and then Quantum of Solace. I hope people can agree they should have never made the plot personal. Skyfall is an amazing movie. It does not have too many screen changes all throughout like Quantum did. It actually focuses on a well thought out story and balances action with the slower paced moments. This movie is definitely worth buying and seeing in theaters if you haven't yet. Expand
  57. Nov 23, 2012
    I've been a Bond fan for quite some time, and consider Skyfall to be one of my favorite. Some of the scenes are a little long, but overall it was still scripted well. There was a little less action and gadgets than expected, but it's better than being over the top. I also enjoyed the subtle bits of comedy, which had most of the viewers in the cinema laughing. Definitely the best Bond film Daniel Craig has been cast in so far. Expand
  58. Nov 23, 2012
    As a major Bond fan of Fleming's books and the films, Skyfall to some is the twenty-third film in the EON films, and to others, the twenty-sixth film counting all spin-offs of the series. But in reality, Skyfall is the third film in a whole new series that began with the masterpiece Casino Royale and continued with Quantum of Solace. Together, all three of these films seems more like an opening trilogy, to present Bond in a darker light, to continue the Craig series. Check this one out. Expand
  59. Nov 22, 2012
    If you thought that after Casino Royale that the Bond franchise couldn't get much better, you are in for an excellent surprise. Director Sam Mendes brings Bond back to his roots almost perfectly with the benefit of a script that will keep you guessing and loads of nostalgia that will make fans of the 50 year-old franchise freak out. If you are a Bond fan, this is a must see and if you like movies in general, than this is worth checking out. Usually we find 007 dealing with an international crisis or a large scale terrorist organization of some sort. However, Skyfall is alot more personal which is probably the film's greatest aspect as it allows the audience to feel the tension between the characters as opposed to watching Bond take on random bad guys whom mean nothing to him but people who pose a threat and need to be taken care of. Craig, Dench and Bardem deserve credit for their performances as they are the reason why Skyfall is so captivating to watch in the first place. Although the team of Purvis, Wade and Logan deserve just as much credit as the actors and the director who made everything fit together as perfectly as it did. There isn't a single dull moment in the whole movie. I believe this is the best Bond to date because none of the other films manage to organize everything into a perfect blend of dramatic and action-packed thrills as this one does. Expand
  60. Nov 22, 2012
    Since Daniel Craig took the post of Bond, the agent is turning into a complex character, with psychological density. So the origin of 007 is being explored, and it's very good since it's a trend, it's happening with batman, spiderman(tobey maguire), green lantern, superman(man of steel) and others. And it's quite fun to see how James became a 007 and know about his history. Daniel Craig is the best Bond in my opinion, because he has updated the Bond franchise into movies with density, drama and critics, not just act like it was before. And besides, it's more dificult to interpretate a character in this conditions. Expand
  61. Nov 22, 2012
    Fantastic Bond film, been to see it three times since release and made sure i was there for the first night showing, Silva is probably the best and most realistic villan ever. The story is also the most realistic. The plot is something that could very well happen in real life, there are plenty of postitives about this film, and I can't really think of any negitives, I didn't even go and see Casino Royale three times, Craig's line delivery is even better in Skyfall than it was in Casino Royale, fantasic work by the writers and director Sam Mendez has directed some great shots in this film, espeically as Bond and the sniper are fightying infront of the giant LED lit screen in Asia Expand
  62. Nov 22, 2012
    Skyfall is one of the most surprising Bonds to me. It features original plot twists and adds a new kind of film to the franchise. Although it picks up what seems to be trending motifs in cinema now (compare Die Hard 4.0 and Dark Knight Rises), it is still a well executed film. The characters are excellent (especially Bond, M and the villain) and aside from the "hacking" part (which is typically ridiculous in films nowadays and one of the biggest flaws in the logic of this film), the story is interesting to the audience, revealing flaws in the protagonists and their system. Whereas I was disappointed by A Quantum of Solace, Skyfall lives up to the freshness of Casino Royale and dares to take new paths for Bond and the MI6 again. Expand
  63. Nov 21, 2012
    Incredible film, Craig is the best bonds ever. The film is great, keeps a viewer confused enough for it to be a JB film while allowing the plot to develop enough to keep viewers entertained. A truly magical performance...
  64. Nov 21, 2012
    This film is excellent, a must see for any Bond fan or for anyone who just loves a good action film. All the major aspects of the franchise are here, incredible action, gorgeous women, exotic locations and they're all pulled off brilliantly. One of the things I loved the most about this film was how it often gave nods to the classic bond films of the past, almost to the point of spoofing yet the film still managed to fresh and new and modern. Daniel Craig has really settled into the role and gives a brilliant performance, which is vital seeing as this one of the most personal stories for 007 there has ever been. The rest of the cast are also brilliant with Judi Dench giving everything in her best performance as M and Ben Whishaw being a very welcome addition as Q. Javier Bardem also gives a great performance as the villain for the film, and while I did feel he came across as a bit too strange and non-threatening at first my opinion had definitely changed by the time the credits roled. As for the bad stuff, well I think the the only real problem with Skyfall is that it seems to drag on a bit during the second act, I felt like there were some scenes that could have been cut for time and that the script, while brilliantly written for the most part, wasn't paced quite well enough to suit the running time. But that is no reason to not see this film! Expand
  65. Nov 20, 2012
    as someoneone who was introduced to bond during the pierce brosnan age, i found this a very commendable film. it no longer takes itself stupidly serious like the other 2 newer films (well there are some serious parts). it also once again returnst to beautiful settings like the previous 2 films never did
  66. Nov 19, 2012
    The greatest Bond film ever, Skyfall is modern but at the same time a throwback to the old films. Javier Bardem excels in creating a brilliant villain as Raoul Silva, while Daniel Craig is amazing again as James Bond. The final third in my opinion shines, with a brilliant twist at the end to cap it off. All in all, not only has Sam Mendes succeeded in making a brilliant Bond film, he has smashed all expectations I had for this film. There is only one phrase I can say to describe this film. Simply Bond. James Bond. Here's to another 50 years! Expand
  67. Nov 19, 2012
    This was the most surprising Bond movie I've ever seen. It has everything you see in a Bond movie but also everything you don't see in Bond movies so much. This one felt like it tried to be a different film while still remaining a Bond film at the same time. Bond just proves that he is a superhero you don't see in comic books. He is a badass and knows how to kick (or shoot) butt. How does he not qualify as a superhero even if he doesn't have powers?

Watch this movie. If you're a Bond fan or not you'll love this movie. It is designed for both fans and non-fans. It has all the action you'd expect from a James Bond movie, while having a strong script that is executed in a way that will appeal to newcomers as well.

The Second act of the movie is the best part, that and the (INCREDIBLE) opening chase scene. Also, this could be the first Bond movie to definitely be a period piece of modern times. However it will live on as one of the greats in the series. The cyber-terrorism plot is not exactly what you would expect from Bond, but the way it's done here, it's right at home.

Skyfall is a breakthrough in the James Bond franchise. Watch it on the big screen before it is out of the theatre altogether. You'll be surprised.
  68. Nov 18, 2012
    Awesome action flick - Not a Bond Movie.
    This is definitely the best bond movie staring Daniel Craig but it still does not give me the vibe of a true Bond film. It's does not give out the vibe the pre- Daniel Craig Bond films did, key elements are missing such as the feeling of adventure or making Bond a likeable character to the audience. When watching the old bond movies you actually
    want to be bond and overall the movie made you feel happy. These new Daniel Craigs are darker and different, not holding to their true ancestor films, so when you watch the film don't go in with a mindset of watching another Bond movie (because it's not), just take it like a really well made Action / Drama movie. Skyfall is very well made, great lighting, scenes, characters, sound and especially story. Javier Bardem was perfectly selected for the role of the villain and will be hard to forget long after watching. Overall if you want to see a very good movie and let me stress not a James Bond movie watch skyfall, you shouldn't be disappointed. Expand
  69. 4DI
    Nov 18, 2012
    Mixes up the bond formula in a good way.
  70. Nov 18, 2012
    skyfall is such an awesome movie, that i literally had a heart attack (sort of). i hated the previous bond movies, because i thought that daniel craig sucked as james bond, because james bond is not really a character in the traditional sense. he's more of a tour through a magic land full of guns, one-liners, secret spies and lovely ladies. casino royale and quantum of solace tried to give him a back story, but ended up making him a gritty hardass that's no fun to watch at all. and that made me think that i could never love this new james bond. but after having seen this movie, i know that they weren't bad because they tried to give bond a back story, but because they made a poor attemt to give bond a back story. this james bond brings the same fun i remember from the classics, and the back story didn't impede that at all! in fact, it elevates the previous movies to a certain extend. skyfall is a great action movie, but it's especially good to finally have james bond back. Expand
  71. Nov 17, 2012
    Loved Skyfall from start to end. Amazing action, brilliant acting, and the story is awesome. I'm glad they killed off M and the Bond girls were super HOT. Action sequences were explosive, sound quality was ground shaking, and cinematography was perfect. Every Craig-Bond film has been absolutely stellar, can't wait to see his next.
  72. Nov 17, 2012
    Maybe there are lots of The Dark Knight elements and there is no exploring in some characters, but the spectacular acting (I think Javier Bardem will win another Oscar), good action and funny moments makes Skyfall still an interesting and sexy blockbuster.
  73. Nov 17, 2012
    Skyfall is brilliant, it truly is. The acting and portrayal of James Bond and all of the other characters is amazing. The action is gripping and exciting. The plot/story line is really interesting, there are great moments concerning the plot, like: spoilers which I won't tell you, because if you haven't seen it yet, it will spoil the film. You get to know the character's personalities very well. The special effects are very impressive. The music is some of the greatest music in any film ever. The suspense. The classic feel of the James Bond films is perfectly portrayed. The whole film is just brilliantly done, it's gripping, exciting, action-packed, it's got an incredible and classic feel to it. Skyfall is one of the greatest film of all time, if you haven't seen it yet, you have to see it, it's highly recommended! 10/10. Definitely. Expand
  74. Nov 17, 2012
    To be honest I had never seen another Bond movie before but when I went last night with some friends to see it, the screen definitely lit up. The story and how it led to the ending was magnificent and I truly enjoyed the new addition to the franchise and cannot wait for the next one, for I am sure it will come back guns blazing 007 style. The only thing that actually bugged me were a few minor details that the average person won't spot, so definitely one of my favorite movies. Expand
  75. Nov 15, 2012
    While it's easily one of the best movies I've seen all year, I can definitely see why people might be turned off by how it all played out. First the good: another great performance by Daniel Craig and Javier Bardem delivers one of the best bond villains I've seen in a VERY long time. He really steals the show and the only problem with his role was how little he was actually in the movie. You don't see him till at least an hour into the movie. Daniel Craig does a fine job, as he has in the past two movies, and Ben Whishaw's Q was very well done. Overall it was a very well acted movie and the characters really carried the movie here. The plot was kinda sketchy but serviceable. The biggest problem with this movie, to me, was the super slow pacing of the film. Sitting at 2.5 hours, you would think there would be alot going on plotwise but there are only a few things that happen here and there with alot of talking done in the middle. While the dialogue and action scenes were good, it just felt like more could have been done with those 2.5 hours. Plus with the lack of a true Bond girl, of which neither of the two leading ladies could be classified as, M sorta took on that role in a different light than what we are used to seeing in the past. It was different and I see where they were going it but it just doesn't do anything for me. They could have done something special with either of the other two girls in the movie but they just didn't pursue it. But it's still a great movie and one of the best movies to be released in the past few months. It probably won't win many rewards but it's still a great experience. Expand
  76. Nov 15, 2012
    The movie has all the elements of a James Bond movie. Cool dude. I like it that the new Q is now a youngster, just in keeping with the times - the typical geek is a teen or a twenty-something. The mixture of new and old is great. Loved it.
  77. Nov 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bond is back, and in a big way. After Craig's outright disappointing outing in Quantum of Solace, it's understandable to be a tad wary of Skyfall. However, i'm pleased to report that this isn't only a great Bond film, but it may be one of the best. Those who want to know more about Bond as a person should be pleased, as Skyfall is less about over-the-top supervillian billionaires and more about Bond as a person, and how his allegiances are put to the test as the usefulness of not only himself, but MI6 are put into question. The villian, played by Javier Bardem, is a former agent who outlived his use to MI6 and was ultimately abandoned by M. He ended up surviving, and now wants revenge. The film is a bit lengthy, but that length is needed to expand upon the plot and characters, which the film favors moreso than action. Don't get me wrong, the action is heartpounding, with scenes that challenge even the likes of the best action films. The Ending, however, is tragic, yet reassuring, telling audiences everywhere that 'BOND WILL BE BACK'. And you know what? I haven't a doubt that he will, bigger and better than ever. Expand
  78. Nov 14, 2012
    Truly an outstanding 007 film-one of the best I think. The best part was watching the bad guy getting paddled in a public square with his head and hands in stocks & him sans false teeth while wearing nothing but a tiny cowboy hat. Well, all joking aside it really was a great film...Worth seeing more than once. They did feature an actual island called Hashima that is off the coast of Japan-not China-saying it had been claimed by the films bad guy when in reality it had been a mining colony that had been closed c.1960 after the deposit they had been mining was mined out. I once saw a documentary on it made by someone who had lived there as a child. Interesting. That oversight does not take away from the film though-it is a strong enough idea. Great ending with a few good twists....go see it -you won't be disappointed. Expand
  79. Nov 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very well done 007 movie. Perfectly spaced out between the action scenes and great CGI. Must see for any action fan. Saw this in IMAX 3D. Thought towards the end it was dragged out whenever the badguy was attacking the house and chasing the lady down. besides that its worth it. Expand
  80. Nov 14, 2012
    I don't care if I sound like a broken record when I say this: Skyfall really is the "Dark Knight" of the James Bond film franchise. You don't need to be a bond fan to enjoy this one. The action is comprehensible and exciting. The acting is great all around, with Daniel Craig and Javier Bardem always threatening to steal the show. Casino Royale was great, but Skyfall may just be better.
  81. Nov 13, 2012
    Let's be honest here - nobody watches a Bond film for the story. People watch Bond films for the non-stop action, breathtaking locales, and the eccentric villains. With this in mind, one would think that Skyfall would be a recipe for disaster or, at least, a far cry from previous installations in the series. Well, it turns out that Skyfall is really only the latter, as director Sam Mendes plays with the formula to create one of the most satisfying and surprisingly touching films of 2012.
    Almost every component of Skyfall seems to defy the typical Bond canon, which certainly isn't a terrible thing. While Bond later takes a detour in Macau, the entirety of the film is practically set in the British Isles, placing an emphasis on a conflict that primarily takes place in proximity to the MI6 Headquarters. Villain Raoul Silva, played by Javier Bardem, is certainly more eccentric in comparison to the antagonists in Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace. Skyfall also seems to ditch the Bond girl archetype this time around, placing James' troubled but close relationship with M in the spotlight. With the addition of all these factors and an inexperienced, young Q, the film almost feels like another reboot of the entire series, even though Casino Royale was only released 6 years ago.
    If one expected Skyfall to be a film that only focused on the action, that man or woman would be quite wrong. The film feels unexpectedly character-driven, and almost every scene seems deliberate and integral to the story. Of course, it certainly doesn't lack on the action department, as each sequence is brilliantly choreographed and equally thrilling to watch. Don't be surprised to chuckle a bit too, as there is a fair share of light banter among the cast. Ultimately, everything about the film feels so wonderfully put together, that it's difficult to criticize any of its minor shortcomings.
    In a way, Skyfall is a story of fate - it's hard to say that the spy life is all perfect, and it's only inevitable that one's past will get in the way of moving on. This becomes quite apparent in the film's final hour which, may I say, feels both satisfying and painful to watch. Perhaps it's because I've grown to love a certain character so much, but watching the climax of the film certainly allowed me to respect the actors/actresses' performances even more.
    There's something about Skyfall that seems different from most Bond films. It certainly isn't because of its rather lengthy run time, or the "Dark Knight-esque" atmosphere that pervades the second third of the film. It's because Skyfall has something that most arguably lack: a heart. Each and every actor and actress in the film give great performances throughout, and with the inclusion of Javier Bardem playing one of the most psychotic and notable antagonists in recent memory, the film immediately feels more distinct and remarkable.
    Could Skyfall possibly be the best Bond film of all time? Quite possibly, yes. Nothing about this film feels lacking and the only complaint that I would make is that some characters could have had a little more time on screen. (Eve and Kincade in particular) This is certainly one film that is worth the price of admission, and it should further cement Craig's reputation as one of the best Bonds in the entire film series.
  82. Nov 13, 2012
    This is a special Bond movie. The Bond franchise struggled to find itself for a while, hampered first by Roger Moore's camp nonsense, then placed under high expectations following Timothy Dalton's two excellent outings and finishing with the mediocre then fun then awful roller coaster ride of four outings from Piers Brosnan.
    Thankfully, Daniel Craig managed to revitalise the series with
    his entries in the series that have gotten better with each outing. Skyfall though stands head and shoulders above the others. There will be no spoilers here, but the final few moments of this movie should ensure that every Bond fan leaves the theatre wearing a broad smile in anticipation of future films.
    Strong emotional engagement, well handled action and a realistically motivated villain. There is much to enjoy here and it stands up to repeated viewing. More please, its good to ave you back Mr Bond.
  83. Nov 12, 2012
    A wonderful combination of perfect acting on Craig's part, and the great action scenes as well as an engaging plot, not to mention Adele's brilliance in the movie's title song made the whole movie a delight from start to finish.
  84. Nov 12, 2012
    Sam Mendez's Bond is a reinvention of an old dog. Just when the series was getting tired he makes it something new and more daring; similar to What Christopher Nolan did to Batman. The film is nostalgic, funny, exciting and dramatic what more could I have asked for then a fun time at the movies.
  85. Nov 12, 2012
    This movie was a very great movie it was full action and the tragic ending waked my emetions up but i cant give it a 10 because if this was your first 007 movie its difficult to understand it.
  86. Nov 12, 2012
    Arguably the best film in a very celebrated series concerning a rugged, battled and bruised Bond (Daniel Craig) who must put his personal troubles and professional insecurities aside in order to help his agency, MI6, from a threatening ex-agent (Javier Bardem) and his mission to destroy it. The most personal and darkest Bond film ever made is also its best, as the film is not only Craig's finest two hours of acting (which is not meant to be an insult, as he is a talented actor), but it also makes self-referential jabs that come across as refreshing and humorous. Director Sam Mendes strikes a delicate balance of making fun of the old films at times, but also finding a way to honor the history of the series while in the same turn reinventing it going forward as a more serious, adult series. No easy task, but he passes with flying colors, with an final scene which could not be more perfectly executed. Expand
  87. Nov 12, 2012
    For Bond fans, this is a solid movie. If you love the more serious Bond movies, this one should appeal greatly. If you looking for something along the lines of the Roger Moore era films, you will be disappointed. The reviews were people gave this a zero are being absurd. Skyfall is one of the best of the Bond movies in many ways. It does have issues, but all Bond films have issues. If you are looking for mindless action every five seconds, this is not for you. If you expect to see crazy gadgets, you will be disappointed. This is one of the more serious Bond movies and is a classic. Expand
  88. Nov 11, 2012
    To celebrate the 50th anniversary of 007, one of the best Bond films ever made has been released. Skyfall has some of the most memorable action that the series has ever seen. Daniel Craig has finally proven that he is fully capable of being Bond.
  89. Nov 11, 2012
    this had pretty much everything i'd want from a bond film. the poetic brilliance of the imagery was unexpected and the fact that it had some laughs along the way too was the icing on the cake. a very well rounded film that is constantly entertaining
  90. jrb
    Nov 11, 2012
    Wow. One of the best Bond movies ever. Saw at an IMAX and thought that venue and format enhanced an already excellent experience. Can't wait to see the next. Craig makes it work as did Connery. Those openings are absolutely spectacular. JRB
  91. Nov 11, 2012
    Director,screenplay,actors,sound=awesome.Good election to choose ADELE for the song.I think that it will be nominated to the Academy Award:
    -Best Original Song
    -Best Cinematography
    -Best Actor
    -Best Supporting Actor
    -Best Supporting Actress
    -Best Sound Mixing
    -Best Sound Editing
    I see you in the Academy Awards.
  92. Nov 11, 2012
    This was definitely one of my favourite bond movies it gives a very interesting story that keeps the audiences attention. there was alot more character development especially between Bond and M and i would definitely reccomend this movie especially to bond fans.
  93. Nov 11, 2012
    Admittedly, I've only watched a few Peirce Bronson Bond films as a young child and then Daniel Craig's additions to the franchise, so I am not exactly a scholar of the Bond films but I do enjoy them. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. The acting was superb and Javier Bardeem had me smiling a few times. The villain he plays is just insane and he does such a great job portraying that villain in such a way that you kind of forget that the thing's he's doing are a bit unrealistic. Overall a great movie. Collapse
  94. Nov 11, 2012
    This seems to be a love it or hate it movie, with intelligent people loving it and unintelligent people hating it. Skyfall was the best movie experience I've had all year. It was infinitely better than QoS and it restored my faith in the franchise. Craig is set for a further two Bond movies and personally I can't wait.
  95. Nov 11, 2012
    The best James Bond? Great franchise reboot! Music in the intro is perfect! And how wonderful chase scenes, fights, and shootings! That only is the last scene in the mansion! Great movie!
  96. Nov 11, 2012
    This was just a simply amazing bond film. Sam Mendes we need you back for the next installment. The writing, cinematography and acting was to perfection.
  97. Nov 11, 2012
    As Skyfall drives down the road that is its ever winding plot, there are many decisions to be made. Shall we go right, or left? To use to word in its non-directional fashion, Skyfall goes right. Mendes and the producers are smart enough to see temptations leading to formula and an overdrawn linear plot, and they steer clear of any such cliche. Skyfall is an intelligent, well-paced action thriller that restores our faith in films of its genre. Expand
  98. Nov 10, 2012
    An amazing Bond film that harkens back to the old days with a genius supervillian, witty one liners, several girls, and some intense action sequences. The script was extremely well written and made due with less in a great way with excellent pacing and an engaging story. The action was much more subdued taking up less screen time than in previous films but this was something I was actually hoping for as it was more meaningful when it took place. Not having been a huge fan of Craig's previous Bond interpretations/scripts I really enjoyed his performance and am looking forward to his next one. Overall definitely a more dramatic movie and highly recommend. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Nov 9, 2012
    Skyfall leaves you wondering whether this incarnation of the character has anywhere left to go. It's the portrait of a spy at the end of his rope by an actor who seems close to his.
  2. Reviewed by: Rene Rodriguez
    Nov 9, 2012
    Mendes' approach to action is classical and elegant - no manic editing and blurry unintelligible images here - but what makes the movie truly special is the attention he gives his actors.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    Nov 9, 2012
    The sky is far from falling on the Bond franchise. In fact, it is as good as it has ever been. What's more, Craig is reportedly on board for at least two more outings, so Q had better get to work on those bifocals because 007 is no where near ready for retirement.