3.3

1. Nov 14, 2010
    I must have seen a different film from the rest of you. I loved it! Spectacular special effects and a story that keeps moving. I loved that they didn't try to give us the feel-good "Independace Day" ending. Sort of a cross between "Cloverfield" (without the shaky camerawork) and "War of the Worlds". It is an alien invasion movie (that the plot folks) and it delivered even more than I expected. I will recommend it to all my sci-fi fans and will see it again soon. I really thought it was a very good movie!!! Expand
  2. Dec 1, 2010
    This movie was so good. I really loved the references to Starcraft II. You guys are all haters this movie was a classic, I can't wait for the blu-ray so I can watch it at home every day.
  3. Dec 2, 2010
    Let me start with a big question mark (?)@ bad reviews, I don't know if it was the same movie, but the one I have seen is a great movie.

In fact its one of the best alien movies I have seen, well done setup and score, great acting, although most of the actors are new, but they did a great job, in my opinion better than 50% of the movies in the market.

The story is totally believable, and
    close to reality of what it could happen if we got visited by aliens, I tried to find some drawback, like some situation that could be unpractical, but I could not, in compare for example, take the plot of the movie War of the World, the story tries to convince us that the aliens died from viruses and infections in our atmosphere, leave the fact that they are highly intelligence beings, studying us for hundreds of years, and they failed to learn that they could get a flue and die.

Skyline gives you a clever, unique and solid story, far from the generic heroic movie where bullets and rockets wins over laser guns and plasma fields, and much more chance to meet and see aliens than any other movie where rarely you see them in close or even see them at all. The end was unexpected and unique, a win with a twist, and very clever way to set the path to a sequel.

As a conclusion, I loved the movie and I was going to give it 8, but I changed my mind to 9 to balance the unfair negative score, and I recommend everyone to watch it.
  4. Nov 15, 2010
    Definately don't think it deserves the critical trashing at all. There's not much there folks...but a bunch of rehashed cool stuff. aliens from outerspace, and scared humans. Don't get your expectations up, just enjoy it. Its good B movie entertainment, and it makes sense as such. As a matter of fact who cares anyway because I think this film goes with the punches in the way that they say there is no such thing as bad ink. Its all publicity and in this case good or bad is all good, because who gives a crap about taking the time to even think about this movie. its not made to be thought through like it was trying to pass itself off as something great in the first place. it is what it is. A LOT A PEOPLES ENTERTAINMENT FA DA DAY. Expand
  5. Nov 16, 2010
    Loved it! I went hoping it wouldn't be as bad as most of the reviews are saying but now I wonder if they actually saw it, great movie awesome effects very creepy.
  6. Nov 18, 2010
    Cannot for the life of me understand any negative comments about this movie - it is FANTASTIC. I think all the groaners have become too spoilt by many movies and can't appreciate true quality when they see it! This was gripping from several minutes into the film to the end, great story with unexpected twist, fantastic effects and very convincing. Saw one groaner complaining how he laughed when the movie suggested the penthouse apartment as the 'only safe place'. Well, no sci-fi movie is totally believable, is it? And the penthouse certainly did NOT stay the 'safest place' as the movie progressed. I foujnd it totally believable - and top quality. Expand
  7. Dec 6, 2010
    Great movie.

It´s amazing.

The best movie of alien´s invasion since Independece Day.

Good! Good! Good! Good! Good! Good! Good! Good! Good! Good! Good! Good!
  8. Dec 5, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Awesome movie!

Exactly what I had hoped to see.

*** SPOILER ALERT! Read on at your own risk! ***

Very realistic, as far as the development of the plot goes. See, if earth is invaded by such a far superior alien race, its not a matter of "if" but "when" its "game-over" for you and I. From the perspective of a handful of survivors, it would be what you'd expect see on screen ... exploring, coming to terms with the reality of it all, trying strategies to survive, conflicts amongst survivors under intense pressure, witnessing the army/air-force nuke the alien in vain, and making a final stand before the inevitable "game-over" scene.

Great CGI effects aside, the sound effects were equally great (penetrating alien screech & the roaring engine sound of the Ferrari? Lambo?). The horror and shock elements made some of the people in the cinema scream. I found the conflict between characters highly believable under such circumstances.

Just Perfect!

However, if you're in it expecting an "Independence Day"-styled story where human beat alien against all odds mixed with the incredulous triumphant victorious army vs alien, you'd be in for one heck of a disappointment in Skyline.

Lucky me. I had the right expectations prior to the movie. Thus ...

Looking forwards to Skyline 2! :)
  9. Dec 7, 2010
    Skyline was ridiculous. The acting was hilarious. The aliens looked cool. The ending was a shocker, but not in a good way. This belongs in the sci-fi channel.
  10. May 3, 2013
    3.4? Come on, the Metascore for this film really is unfairly low. Thankfully the user ratings are slightly higher but for me, this was a highly effective, down-right scary alien invasion movie centered around the occupants of one apartment, making it was much more claustrophobic and involving than other perhaps more celebrated examples in the genre, for example 'War Of The Worlds' or 'Independence Day' both of which are enjoyable films but Skyline just seemed more immediate & realistic. The CGI special effects and alien 'imagineering' are superb and the violence, when it came, was fast and brutal, again making the experience much more believable than big blockbuster Hollywood fare. The alien space ship interior at the end was ingenious and Donald Faison is great. He should be in more movies. Really engaging screen persona. Expand
  11. Mar 30, 2011
    I have no idea why people hate on this movie. Before it came out, big hollywood was hating on it because it was a low budget SciFi film. A critic friend of mine even told me he reviewed the movie without watching just because he heard it was bad but then I watched it on BLUERay I was wondering WHAT THE FUNK? THIS MOVIE IS AWESOME!
    It has action, a story, the acting was no where as bad as
    critics would lead you to believe (in fact I think it was above average for a sci fi flim)

So the movie had no big stars in it.... SO WHAT??? This movie was fun and BETTER then a lot of SciFi movies that cost 10 as much to make. I hope they make a sequal to this movie just to throw it in the face of big hollywood.
  12. May 23, 2011
    I REALLY dont get the people who are giving this movie low marks!.. I really enjoyed it,& so did the Girlfriend.To me it was kind of a cross between 'Right out your Door' & 'Cloverfield'.So if you enjoyed either of those films,chances are you'd probably enjoy this one.Thought the acting was good,interesting story,that kept me gripped,& The effects are very good also.Hope they make a sequel..

1. Reviewed by: Aaron Hillis
    Nov 17, 2010
    The military eventually shows up to nuke the joint (L.A., incidentally), but there's no urgency, suspense or charm with all that back-row rattle.
  2. Reviewed by: Marjorie Baumgarten
    Nov 17, 2010
    I'd use the term science fiction to describe Skyline but the movie decidedly lacks both science and fiction.
  3. Reviewed by: J.R. Jones
    Nov 17, 2010
    Visual-effects wizards Greg and Colin Strause directed, showing more affinity for the city's steel and glass than for any of the characters.