Slackers

4.5

1. BrianK.
    Jul 16, 2002
    Absolute garbage, I laughed twice..two times in 100 minutes now that would explain metacritic's 2 rating, so I would agree with it!
  2. JeffB.
    Feb 26, 2002
    Looked like they SLACKED off in the making of this movie.
  3. MichaelR.
    Sep 22, 2002
    Maybe it's that I actually did work in college, but I feel that anyone with any inteligence could not and would not want to identify with the film's protagonist.
  4. TheManyFacesOfGilbertMulroneycakes
    Jan 1, 2004
    Please stop giving it 10s. It's doing my head in. This is the movie most people think American Pie is. But the Pie has sweetness and characters who work in three-dimensions. This substitutes "sweet" for "grimy" and has characters that basically exist to absorb andor expel various bodily fluids. You'll feel like taking a BATH afterwards. And it's not even funny. Please, go Please stop giving it 10s. It's doing my head in. This is the movie most people think American Pie is. But the Pie has sweetness and characters who work in three-dimensions. This substitutes "sweet" for "grimy" and has characters that basically exist to absorb andor expel various bodily fluids. You'll feel like taking a BATH afterwards. And it's not even funny. Please, go and watch a Robert Altman film. Or a Paul Thomas Anderson, or a David O Russell. That's cinema. This is a geek show, without the effort or charm. Expand
  5. PonR.
    Jun 15, 2005
    Yes, there are people who liked this movie. Yes, there are people who loved it. We call these people shallow. People who mistaken cheap teen pandering for a good film. The same people who listen to pop rock and watch Carson Daly while trying to be popular...in middle school. Seriously, if you can't see straight through this farce for what it is - a sad attempt at appealing to the Yes, there are people who liked this movie. Yes, there are people who loved it. We call these people shallow. People who mistaken cheap teen pandering for a good film. The same people who listen to pop rock and watch Carson Daly while trying to be popular...in middle school. Seriously, if you can't see straight through this farce for what it is - a sad attempt at appealing to the recently pubescent - you have no business trying to defend it on any level. Teen movies have a crappy rep as it is, but this one really does set a new low. Expand

Overwhelming dislike - based on 28 Critics

The gags are familiar collegiate stuff, involving horny young men, horny old whores -- horny young tramps -- silly foreigners, uptight authority figures, homosexuals and sassy fat women.
  2. How bad is it? Let me count just some of the ways.
  3. A dirty movie. Not a sexy, erotic, steamy or even smutty movie, but a just plain dirty movie. It made me feel unclean, and I'm the guy who liked "There's Something About Mary" and both "American Pie" movies.