6.9

1. May 22, 2013
    This film was a really nice surprise. Streamed on NetFlix, thought it was one of the best of 2012 and has inspired me to start thinking about a movie idea of my own.
  2. BKM
    Mar 18, 2013
    An offbeat and unassuming little film about a likable guy whose life seems to be a disheveled mess with the exception of his one true love: stand-up comedy. Birbigla's character makes bad choices and seems to distance himself from anyone who cares about him and wants to help him. Yet that is what drives his comedy. The fact that Birbiglia manages to make this guy appealing when he should be a complete jerk adds a surprising layer of complexity to what is otherwise a laid back affair. Expand
  3. Feb 18, 2013
    Sleepwalk with Me is an insight into struggling stand-up comedians' experiences, but with personal AND peculiar influences from the actor himself. Mike Birbiglia was off-beat and well, himself. Worth a view.
  4. Dec 28, 2012
    Huh? This guy bored me to distraction. Never did get the point of him, or the movie. Just a "story" about a bumbling, mumbling, talentless (at least as a comic) dullard making poor career and life choices. Who cares? Go to any shopping mall, government job site, public school faculty lounge, or bar and you'll be surrounded by similar decrepit, self-absorbed losers. No one wants to see a movie of their lives, for good reason. The only redeeming aspect was the female lead, who finally came to her senses and got out of the relationship. She summed him up nicely at the end by stating (paraphrasing) that she stayed in the relationship for so long only because she felt sorry for him. Pathetic. Collapse
  5. Dec 25, 2012
    This is a mildly entertaining film that ultimately does not live up to the potential of the concept. The movie left me wandering if the hook -- sleepwalking -- didn't eventually become an unnecessary distraction.
  6. Dec 21, 2012
    This was so bad I had to walk out. Not funny. I liked Mike Brigligiailiailiailiaa. But now I don't. Awful. His stuttering through stuff was miserable.
  7. Dec 10, 2012
    For a film written and directed by a comedian, it is surprisingly as poignant as it as funny. So off-beat, honest and self-aware, a pleasant surprise.
  8. Sep 28, 2012
    A funny and articulate film that showcases the interesting side of how a stand-up comic gets his material. Mike Birbiglia's stand-up is the backbone of the film - but having not known anything about him going into it - I was pleasantly surprised at how good the film is. Birbiglia's struggle with sleepwalking gives way to some great comedic sequences including a hilarious conclusion. This is definitely one of the surprises of the year. Expand
  9. Sep 3, 2012
    Who would have thought that the best antidote to sleepwalking I've ever heard of would be revealed in a comedy? This is a solid, funny flick with a lead actor who needs to be in more movies. Check this one out and support a good little film made the right way.

1. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Oct 17, 2012
    I've watched Sleepwalk With Me twice now, each time impressed with Birbiglia's confidence in revealing so much about his craft and himself, and the freely associated style with which he does it.
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Williams
    Sep 14, 2012
    Notwithstanding its storytelling stumbles, Sleepwalk With Me points in a positive direction for this likable comedian's career.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    Sep 7, 2012
    Sleepwalk With Me is a decent film -- even if its not one that lingers.